Borderlands 2

So there's a HUGE exploit floating around now for unlocking all DLC and giving yourself infinite golden keys that a buddy and I tried out: it totally works. Gave myself all the custom head skins from having a BL1 save (which I didn't have because this is a new PC since then), some other custom skin, and a firework grenade mod. At the same time I gave myself 252 golden keys, which is the cap AFAIK (entered 1000, but only got 252). Opened the chest about 140 times and grabbed a ton of loot for us to use for a while lol. Vendored the crap and have about 100k in cash for w/e later.

If anyone wants to take advantage of this now if/when they ever decide to fix it, here's the article. We're actually pretty stoked to try these guns out with our friends tonight lol. BTW, what tier is orange? I played the slots for some eridium and got a zook that was orange. Didn't seem like anything special, but it appears to fire 3 rockets at the cost of 2 so I guess it's ok.

Orange is "legendary" I believe still, I think Pink is the level higher than Orange, there's also Purple quality stuff not to be confused with Pink. Purple is below Orange, still not exactly sure where Pink fits in, but I've seen some baller stuff that was Pink quality from the chest.

And the cap is 255. I gave myself a bunch of golden keys too, to vendor the items and play the slots for eridium. I maxed out my backpack and bought a few ammo and bank upgrades, really just for quality of life while playing. I hate picking up stuff then having to drop some stuff to pick up other stuff I actually want.

[quote name='j-cart']Could always hop on SEH's mumble and play with the rest of us :D[/QUOTE]

I logged in to the mumble, but I was like the 5th wheel :( so I ended up just starting a public game and got joined by at least 1 CAG from the OP in this thread - had fun guys, looking forward to doing it again.

[quote name='hustletron']Orange is "legendary" I believe still, I think Pink is the level higher than Orange, there's also Purple quality stuff not to be confused with Pink. Purple is below Orange, still not exactly sure where Pink fits in, but I've seen some baller stuff that was Pink quality from the chest.

And the cap is 255. I gave myself a bunch of golden keys too, to vendor the items and play the slots for eridium. I maxed out my backpack and bought a few ammo and bank upgrades, really just for quality of life while playing. I hate picking up stuff then having to drop some stuff to pick up other stuff I actually want.[/QUOTE]

I like the idea of upgrading my backpack - I just don't understand why they give you so few slots when there is loot fucking EVERYWHERE - juggling weapons can get so frustrating. I get so caught up in combat and quest objectives sometimes I forget to look at guns I've picked up, and I end up being surprised at the stats on a gun I don't even remember grabbing.

How many slots does the maxed backpack have anyway?

On hackery:

A lot of people are taking to editing their .ini files for various things, some no so bad, like turning off outlines or enabling physX on AMD cards, but others for doing things like, unlimited golden keys. What are your feelings on this?

People are people. We're going to be locking certain things down. To the extent that we can punish jerks, we'll do that to. Don't be a jerk. Jerk = cheating or hurting someone else's experience.

No clue what that means but there ya go. (VAC bans maybe?)

[quote name='teknikalei']I like the idea of upgrading my backpack - I just don't understand why they give you so few slots when there is loot fucking EVERYWHERE - juggling weapons can get so frustrating. I get so caught up in combat and quest objectives sometimes I forget to look at guns I've picked up, and I end up being surprised at the stats on a gun I don't even remember grabbing.

How many slots does the maxed backpack have anyway?[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Droogs']Sooo...I tried the exploit and couldn't get it to work. I'm just sad because I accidentally used mine at lvl 9.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, they patched it or something pretty close to when I posted about it. Another friend tried to do it and it didn't work, so I tried giving myself more and it didn't work either. Still have 110 keys for level 50 to pimp us out with though.

And lol at that quote. Translation: we don't know how we're going to fix it but don't be a jerk. If they didn't want something like this to happen, don't store it locally. Not our fault you droolers can't learn from your own mistakes from three years ago. What a fucktard. WTF do they care what we do anyway? This isn't an MMO and impacts nobody.

My friends and I were way too caught up in playing the game to have seen that there was that key bug. I'm kinda glad I didnt see it as I know I would've been able to help myself and in turn I would've wound up ruining some of the fun of the game (ya' know, actually finding good loot).

That said, anyone find anything really good that didnt come out of that golden chest? I found this earlier today. I went on a run of like 3-4 really good SMG's, then found this one last.

9uZYp.jpg

BOO, the nVidia promo game doesn't even have the DLC folder on, (although there are only contents starting with the Lic folder), so we can't try it if we wanted to.

[quote name='SEH']My friends and I were way too caught up in playing the game to have seen that there was that key bug. I'm kinda glad I didnt see it as I know I would've been able to help myself and in turn I would've wound up ruining some of the fun of the game (ya' know, actually finding good loot).[/QUOTE]
Hehe, that exploit saved the game for us TBH. We had a ton of fun just running around blowing shit up and not having to empty entire clips into anything but a boss. Could be argued that the difficulty is there to make you use different weapon types for different scenarios. If that were true though, why give us four gun slots period? I just think it's just a case of poor balancing.

It's also far more enjoyable not having to worry about what dropped and just being able to blow through missions, vendoring everything. The pacing is much more fun when people aren't constantly in menus and just raping.

[quote name='Jodou']Hehe, that exploit saved the game for us TBH. We had a ton of fun just running around blowing shit up and not having to empty entire clips into anything but a boss. Could be argued that the difficulty is there to make you use different weapon types for different scenarios. If that were true though, why give us four gun slots period? I just think it's just a case of poor balancing.

It's also far more enjoyable not having to worry about what dropped and just being able to blow through missions, vendoring everything. The pacing is much more fun when people aren't constantly in menus and just raping.[/QUOTE]

That is actually where the game really becomes enjoyable, end game :D

Then you can use that high level character to get items for your lowbies.

[quote name='j-cart']That is actually where the game really becomes enjoyable, end game :D

Then you can use that high level character to get items for your lowbies.[/QUOTE]
Heh, I don't know about a second character. Once my friends and I beat it once, it'll get shelved forever just like the first one. At least we're getting some enjoyment from it now.

[quote name='SEH']

That said, anyone find anything really good that didnt come out of that golden chest? I found this earlier today. I went on a run of like 3-4 really good SMG's, then found this one last.

[/QUOTE]
Level 13-14 (I forgot level, think I am 14), I got this fucking awesome Grenade Mod off a random. Does 503 Damage per grenade but when you fire it it spawns 9 grenades in like a circular pattern so it's 503x9 spread damage.

I am at the part of the game where my guns are getting good now. First 10 levels I had guns that were worthless, now I feel I got some firepower to them.

Really loving how guns in B2 have way more variety than the ones in B1.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Really loving how guns in B2 have way more variety than the ones in B1.[/QUOTE]
That's actually a love/hate relationship I have right now. On the one hand, it is pretty cool that the variety is overwhelming, but at the same time you can't just look at the stats and determine which is better. For example, certain rifles can actually be grenade launchers and you'd never know that unless you fired it off a few times. Some SMGs that do fire damage can shoot little bubbles of flame that spray all over the place, et cetera. This was driving me nuts because first I'd need to narrow down which weapons I would actually use, then I'd need to go on a training exercise to get some field experience of use. Many times it turned out that I'd end up junking a weapon because its use wasn't practical, despite the stats. In a combat situation, you need stopping power -- not pretty visuals. -_-

So yeah, more often than not the less mods an item has, the more useful it seems to be. I just go for crit damage, stability, and accuracy mods now. When you only have four weapon slots, there's no room for toy guns.[quote name='Fell Open Ian']Here's your retribution you filthy fucking hacker scum:
https://twitter.com/DuvalMagic/status/249142710815035393

Suck it, losers![/QUOTE]
Well duh, the overhead for discovering who even exploited would cost them far more in $$$ than would be worth it. Besides, this was their mistake. Punishing anyone would mar an already imperfect launch even more. Again, this impacts no one and is a far cry from the hacked guns that also went unpunished. I'm just glad I got in on it or else all my friends would have quit.

The sidequest "Safe and Sound" can suck a big bag of dicks.

Kill a giant (but pretty wimpy) monster, it falls, you open the treasure chest on top of it.

Except in some games - like mine - it doesn't fall. It stays totally god damn upright. And you can spend an hour trying to glitch your way up its side or try again or whatever the fuck.

God damn.

[quote name='Fell Open Ian']Here's your retribution you filthy fucking hacker scum:
https://twitter.com/DuvalMagic/status/249142710815035393

Suck it, losers![/QUOTE]

So I'll just take my 150 remaining golden keys and hang onto them until I hit level 50? Big deal, like Jodou said, at least it's fun now that I don't have to worry about if the items that drop are good or not, I can just enjoy the mindless bandit slaughter.

anyone else catch a crimson raider saying something like

"knee cap acting up, old war wounds"

Gee, wonder what that could reference. And I havent even played skyrim

[quote name='The Crotch']So I found two identical items...

... but one sells for $500 and one for $1000.

wat[/QUOTE]

Stats were all the same? If so, then maybe sell price is one of the random variables as well.

Somehow missed your message until like 8PM or so.

Last edited by a moderator:
The game kept crashing on me every time I tried to head to Sanctuary for the first time. I verified the integrity of the game cache and it said it had like 11 errors or something so it redownloaded and now its running fine. Originally the game seemed to run smooth all the way maxed out on my HD7870 but when the action heats up there is definite frame rate drops so I just set it to auto detect which looks and runs good

[quote name='MrshllJcb']The game kept crashing on me every time I tried to head to Sanctuary for the first time. I verified the integrity of the game cache and it said it had like 11 errors or something so it redownloaded and now its running fine. Originally the game seemed to run smooth all the way maxed out on my HD7870 but when the action heats up there is definite frame rate drops so I just set it to auto detect which looks and runs good[/QUOTE]

you still get FR drops with a 7870?
I was thinking of upgrading my 5770 to 7850 because of the high action drops.

[quote name='Draekon']Stats were all the same? If so, then maybe sell price is one of the random variables as well.

Somehow missed your message until like 8PM or so.[/QUOTE]
I later found a third copy of the item, this time worth about $750.

:whee:

My guess would be that there are hidden stats/modifiers which are changing the value and once someone releases a config tool then we'll be able to see those.

They've really leaned-into the design decision to hide certain properties so that players try more things out rather than just considering them insta-vendor-trash but hiding whether or not guns have scopes is fucking bullshit.:whistle2:?

[quote name='shosh']you still get FR drops with a 7870?
I was thinking of upgrading my 5770 to 7850 because of the high action drops.[/QUOTE]

It might be the PhysX. It is so optimized for nVidia try to keep it on low. Read a review of it on a 7000 series and they said it will eat a lot of capibility on the AMD cards. Keeping PhysX on low will let you crank up the rest

[quote name='Fell Open Ian']My guess would be that there are hidden stats/modifiers which are changing the value and once someone releases a config tool then we'll be able to see those.

They've really leaned-into the design decision to hide certain properties so that players try more things out rather than just considering them insta-vendor-trash but hiding whether or not guns have scopes is fucking bullshit.:whistle2:?[/QUOTE]

Hmm, all my guns with scopes look like they have scopes on top. Is that not always the case?

[quote name='Fell Open Ian']My guess would be that there are hidden stats/modifiers which are changing the value and once someone releases a config tool then we'll be able to see those.

They've really leaned-into the design decision to hide certain properties so that players try more things out rather than just considering them insta-vendor-trash but hiding whether or not guns have scopes is fucking bullshit.:whistle2:?[/QUOTE]
For the record, the item was a class mod.

All of them had a +13% party-wide class-skill recharge rate, and +2 to whatever that skill is that increases the duration of my phaselock (Suspension? I wanna say it's Suspension.)

Hidden attributes on a class-mod sound pretty bullshit to me. If I want to test a gun for a hidden attribute, I use the gun. If I want to test a class-mod, I

[quote name='6er']Hmm, all my guns with scopes look like they have scopes on top. Is that not always the case?[/QUOTE]

Oh they do have physical scopes but in the first game Gearbox actually had zoom listed as an attribute so you could tell which weapons had a proper scope without looking at/equipping them.

I'm just going by how the first game had attributes which simply weren't on the card due to font size and how on PC you could lower said font size and the result was that any hidden attributes would then be listed. It wouldn't surprise me to hear that the same is true for 2.

There were also legitimately hidden attributes which had nothing to do with font size. (Wee Wee's Shield for example)

Regarding PhysX talk, I don't even enjoy it in the game. It stresses the hell out of my 670 and it just creates way too much on-screen havoc. With PhysX on high, I cant even tell what the fuck is going on half the time because there are 20 bajillion particles flying across my screen. Sure, the liquid and cloth effects are nice, but I'd rather just set it to low so I can tell whats going on while I'm playing.

You should never lose that much progress. The game auto-saves constantly. Mine saves seemingly every five minutes at least.

Actually, I'm not sure what I've lost.

It seems like some things that I did earlier in that last playthrough are gone but some of the things I did later are there? But not all of them?

What?

But I still have to do the fucking Statuesque quest again for some god damn reason.

EDIT: And also Hell Hath No Fury but that doesn't irritate me quite as much for some reason.

[quote name='slofton']Just picked it up. Any quick tips for a newbie?[/QUOTE]

When your almost dead, RLH. If your a commando, deloy turret, if not, aim at the closest, weakest guy.

So I lowered physx to the lowest setting and everything else to the highest and capped the frameratr at 60fps and its running really nice now.

Well, beat the story last night with a full group. Last boss has tons of health. Went to the uber optional boss for shits and giggles and we all quit out after not dealing shit for damage against it. It's level 52 and our piddly weapons weren't hitting for more than 50.

[quote name='The Crotch']I like it when the game crashes and I lose two hours of progress.[/QUOTE]

At least you should be caught up now. Pretty sure that my Maya was Zero yesterday evening, warping around killing shit.

When you lost two hours of progress, did you have an option to select local or cloud save? If that's the case, usually you'll want to select local since cloud only updates after you close the game. However, you could always copy your save, select cloud and see what it has and then if it's not right, make a copy of that as backup and then throw your original local copy over it to see if that's right. If it's not, then choose between the two.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SEH']Regarding PhysX talk, I don't even enjoy it in the game. It stresses the hell out of my 670 and it just creates way too much on-screen havoc. With PhysX on high, I cant even tell what the fuck is going on half the time because there are 20 bajillion particles flying across my screen. Sure, the liquid and cloth effects are nice, but I'd rather just set it to low so I can tell whats going on while I'm playing.[/QUOTE]

?
I have an MSI 660TI Power Edition and it doesn't even use the full capacity iof the card. What resolution are you running.? Also, If your monitor is just 60Hz, no point in not having the frames capped at 60.

I have EVERYTHING maxed out, frames capped at 60 and its super smooth.

bread's done
Back