Borders (and sometimes Barnes and Noble) Coupons

[quote name='winterice']B&N
15% off one item: N4X8E8D
This coupon is valid from June 5, 2008 to June 16, 2008 at 2:59 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time.[/quote]

Yep yep. Nice contribution, sir/ma'am. :D

Here's the coupon.

Just got an email to do a survey, got this coupon in return:

Borders: 30% off 1 item $10+ (exp. 6/26) Code: ER3010

...and here's a few ripped from SD, props to GalaxyGirl:

Borders: 30% off 1 item (valid 6/9-6/30) Code: AP5231

Borders: 30% off 1 item $10+ (exp. 6/22) Code: SL3010

Borders: 25% off 1 item (exp. 6/22) Code: SL2508

Oh, how I wish Amazon and Borders hadn't split...

EDIT: How often does a 40% off any item coupon come along? I've got a stack of Borders gift cards and need a 40% off coupon to get a certain item close to the Amazon price. It's almost not worth buying anything from Borders.com after the split.

I keep forgetting to post that Borders Rewards Perks gives discounts and deals on other websites. For example, in my email today I saw 10% off at Target. I've never used any of the cross deals before. I don't know if you know more about the program chasemurata or wanted to post some of the discounts.

Any new coupons available? I have a 20 percent, but its usually cheaper to just go to amazon if you're not using a 30.

I wish I knew Borders gave coupons like this all the time because I was suckered into buying a membership with B&N just to get offers not even as good as this. I guess I might be going to Borders from now on.

Damn, some good shit. I don't go to Borders much after I was accused of stealing just cause they cant get my fucking book in thats been out for 2 years and they say its been out for 2 days and thats how I get free books is cause its not out and if they can't get it in a week its free to the customer shit when on the order slip it says when it was published. Its a huge story....maybe I will blog about it if I feel like it.

[quote name='DaftPunkFan37']Wow, that'll bring down the CD price to that of Best Buy/Circuit City :D

Try and post more B+N coupons! The nearest Borders in 1 Hour away from me![/quote]

Yeah, you laugh at the coupon now, but if you do some actual research, you'll find that it gives you the best price on many albums, particularly if your taste leans toward small/independent labels. I routinely use this coupon to grab CDs for $8-9 while they sell for $13-14 in BB and CC if at all.

Online only, 40 percent off list price of any one item, use code: BC4777
Expires 7/22/08

UPDATE: I just used the above code to order some x-men trades and it gave the discount for the ENTIRE order.

Last edited by a moderator:
some random girl walked up to me while i was on line at barnes and noble and handed me the 15% off coupon :) she was cute too...(true story)
i only buy books at borders b&m...seriously, the price tags come off so easily, you can stick a price tag for a cheaper book to one with a similar name and save a bit...sure its a dick thing to do, but they are pricey...and i only did cause i was pissed at the lady whom i asked for help, who was busy talking to a friend, after i said excuse me nicely, she looked at me, gave me this death stare and said "umm excuse me, cant you see im trying to convert a new follower, wait your turn"
and they were talking about mormonism....(another true story...and she was dead serious too)

[quote name='greydemise']some random girl walked up to me while i was on line at barnes and noble and handed me the 15% off coupon :) she was cute too...(true story)
i only buy books at borders b&m...seriously, the price tags come off so easily, you can stick a price tag for a cheaper book to one with a similar name and save a bit...sure its a dick thing to do, but they are pricey...and i only did cause i was pissed at the lady whom i asked for help, who was busy talking to a friend, after i said excuse me nicely, she looked at me, gave me this death stare and said "umm excuse me, cant you see im trying to convert a new follower, wait your turn"
and they were talking about mormonism....(another true story...and she was dead serious too)[/quote]

I love how you try to justify your theft with religious bigotry.

[quote name='WylieTimes']Online only, 40 percent off list price of any one item, use code: BC4777
Expires 7/22/08

UPDATE: I just used the above code to order some x-men trades and it gave the discount for the ENTIRE order.[/quote]FYI...as of tonight (7/26), this code is still valid. It only took 40% off two items, however, instead of the whole order, no matter how many items I tried to add or in what order.

Other than that, I'd like to say the new site is a nightmare to use. It took me an hour to finally get the order through, and even then, I'm not to sure it actually made it through. I got an email receipt, but the website has no record of my order. It sure as hell knows I've already used the 40% off promo, though.

Worst. Online. Shopping. Experience. EVER. If it wasn't for coupon glitches, I'd readily forget the site even existed.

Damn, I wanted to pick up .hack//XXXX with that 30 percent off coupon, but the price is off by a cent...

Is it possible to apply the coupon after tax?

[quote name='aerozero']Damn, I wanted to pick up .hack//XXXX with that 30 percent off coupon, but the price is off by a cent...

Is it possible to apply the coupon after tax?[/quote]

sadly, it doesnt work like that...i picked it up last week using the 25% off coupon and got it for like $7.50

XXXX Volume 2 comes out in October, too...so, you could possibly pre-order it too and get 30% off.

[quote name='Blackwolf687']When I took this coupon to the store it took 40% off both items I bought. I got two manga priced at $9.99 each for a total of 12.82 (7% FL tax) http://www.bordersmedia.com/coup/coupon40book0804.asp?cmpid=SA_20080804_REW So yea again even tho this coupon saids it will only work on one book it will work for at least two.[/quote]

Probably a YMMV, mine only took 40% off one item. Anyway this coupon is dead as it was good until 8/5 only.

[quote name='thisjustanother']are there any coupons for waldens or barnes and nobles that dont require the membership card?[/quote]

I think they require membership, since these coups are sent out to members. Borders / Waldenbooks membership is free if you're wondering, I dont believe B&N is, but I dont know for sure since Borders is closer to me.

I get the B&N newsletter regularly (comes with the 15% coupon when it's around) even though I don't remember signing up for it. I'm sure it's free though, as I certainly am not paying them anything.

And since stupid George RR Martin decided to go to Portugal without finishing his book, my preorder for Dances with Dragons got canceled (postponed indefinitely wtf, it has a projected April release date) and I'm stuck with a $10 B&N gift card that I have nearly no use for :( Even with 15% and $10 off, all the dvds I checked were still more expensive than amazon, half, etc. Bleah.

[quote name='AkariK']Even with 15% and $10 off, all the dvds I checked were still more expensive than amazon, half, etc. Bleah.[/quote]

Yeah, I believe places like B&N and Borders charge very close to MSRP for dvds and CDs. Even with the once in a while 20% off dvd coupons and such, amazon or even other retail stores such as Best Buy have them cheaper =/

bread's done
Back