Breakdown + DtR $19.99 EBGames [UPDATE: Deal is Breakdown ONLY now]

It would be a great deal if Dead to Rights wasn't pre-owned, but even then, Dead to Rights only sells for $10 new at EB Games these days. Once you factor in shipping and tax through EB Games, you're getting about the same deal you'd get buying Breakdown ($15 new at Best Buy w/GGC) and Dead to Rights ($9 used at Gamestop) separately. I guess it's a good deal if you don't have either game already, but I'd still much rather pay $1-$2 more and get Dead to Rights new (no scratched disc, bent/torn instructions manual, ratty case, etc.).

[quote name='MaxBiaggi3']It would be a great deal if Dead to Rights wasn't pre-owned, but even then, Dead to Rights only sells for $10 new at EB Games these days. Once you factor in shipping and tax through EB Games, you're getting about the same deal you'd get buying Breakdown ($15 new at Best Buy w/GGC) and Dead to Rights ($9 used at Gamestop) separately. I guess it's a good deal if you don't have either game already, but I'd still much rather pay $1-$2 more and get Dead to Rights new (no scratched disc, bent/torn instructions manual, ratty case, etc.).[/quote]

Where does it say DTR is used? Take another glance.

The link for Dead to Rights on the Breakdown page goes to the NEW DtR, not the pre-owned, and there is no other indication that the free copy of DtR is to be preowned.

[quote name='O.D.D']Great deal. Is there a free shipping coupon for EB that is still avialble?[/quote]
No, but the EB Saver option is only $2.

Damn, as if the game already wasn't cheap enough. An excellent game by itself, but getting another game for free it just icing on the cake! Still haven't played DtR though, I've heard mixed things about it. DtR2 looks pretty cool, though.

[quote name='CheapyD'][quote name='O.D.D']Great deal. Is there a free shipping coupon for EB that is still avialble?[/quote]
No, but the EB Saver option is only $2.[/quote]

That isn't that bad. I guess I will finally have to break down and buy um......Breakdown.

Are we certain DTR will be included? I saw this deal earlier today and didn't want to get dissapointed by not getting the bonus.

Bonus item will ship with purchased product, and is only available while supplies last.

Although I have been contemplating placing a big (for me) order at ebgames.com...

Does AFF25 still work? (I know it won't work for this new game, but most of what I want are used.)

Got it. I already own Dead to Rights for PS2 (never played it, though -- too many damn games ), but I've heard so many good things about Breakdown that I had to give it a shot.

Thanks for the heads up. Ordered them. It is misleading about the preowned status. It means that you can order Breakdown by itself preowned for $34.99 or get it new for $19.99 AND get DTR free and new. Anyways, I placed my order and I hope it goes through.

They have an 800# to call at EBGames, so that should help with questions. I've called them before when a shipment seemed late or to cancel part of an order (they should enable online partial order cancellation, like Amazon...).

Is Dead To Rights excluded for trades? I have a $10 code I need to use by tomorrow and was thinking this might be a good way to get 2 cheap games?

[quote name='jshorr']Is Dead To Rights excluded for trades? I have a $10 code I need to use by tomorrow and was thinking this might be a good way to get 2 cheap games?[/quote]

yes it is

Got it too. Can't wait to play both of them.

BTW, when did EBgames.com start charging tax with the orders?

On eb's website it still lists a 22 voucher trade-in for breakdown so if anyone is cheap-ass enough and wants to get a free dead to rights it might work...if you signed up today and mailed them the game after you got it....

Unless they tried to change the price on you after you filled out the form, I don't know if they can/will that.

Heh, Breakdown is a different kind of game, as long as you can look past a few flaws and enjoy cinematic games you should love it (though there are of course a few people who have a really hard time getting into it). And if nothing else, i'm pretty sure the trade-in credit you could get on Breakdown and DtR is higher than what it would cost you.

[quote name='O.D.D']I just ordered it myself. I hope Breakdown is at least 50% the game people call it.[/quote]

well for $10 ($20 for 2 games), It doesn't have to even be 20% the game people claim it to be :)

On eb's website it still lists a 22 voucher trade-in for breakdown so if anyone is cheap-ass enough and wants to get a free dead to rights it might work...if you signed up today and mailed them the game after you got it....

most likely it will change tomorrow. in our store today, it trades in for 15. How EB works is that we drop new prices before PO prices. They do the PO the next day.

This is a B&M thing also. After I saw the deal posted by Cheapy earlier, I called my buddy at one of my EBs. He scanned it and it rang up for $19.99. He put aside a copy that was already bundled with a PH Dead to Rights. I'm assuming that they already had some kind of promotion with the bundle, and that mine was a leftover. So actually, you might have to check to see if your store has some bundles left and to get them to give you that one. Great deal though,

Great deal, I bought the game when it was $49.99, and It's more than definetly worth this price, I just wish the game had sold better....chances of a sequel are slim, bleh.

Great deal. I almost ordered DTR last week for $10. Im glad I waited. For those wanting free shipping, you can still add a used game with the order and use codes PPLAY15 and SAVER.

I ordered yesterday, and it has not yet shipped (no big deal), but I am a little concerned that it just shows up as "Breakdown" in my order summary, with no mention of the bonus. I have ordered bonus items before, and they are usually mentioned in the summary. Does anyone's summary mention the bonus, or am I just being paranoid?

Guessed, my order also only says "Breakdown," but the email that I received from them says XBX Breakdown Plus Bonus! So I am assuming that if they fuck me, I can still get the other game or complain or something...

My order confermation is the same as jeffreyjrose - "Breakdown Plus Bonus." If they dont send DTR with it, you sould be able to return it to your local EB for $20. You will lose any shipping charges though.

what in the fuck!? i emailed them earlier this afternoon asking what the hell was going on. in the email i wrote "if you aren't going to send me dead to rights free, then cancel my order".

now, this evening i check on the order status, and it has shipped! it only says breakdown shipped... dude i am going to be fucking PISSED if i dont get dead to rights and have to go down to b&m EB to get my money back. what a fucking joke (if they didn't send DtR with it, if they did i will take back these nasty things i said)

bread's done
Back