Breaking Bad Appreciation Thread

I thought for sure Skyler was going to try to kill Walt when she suggested they take a drive together.

The scene at Jesse's house where he went to get the gun after he saw that it was Walt at the door was great.

You'd think Walt would trash that book after Hank brought it up a while ago to him. Instead he leaves that hard evidence on the shitter for anyone to see.

[quote name='GUNNM']Really walter is gonna get caught because of a fucking book?[/QUOTE]

I like that twist in the "This is the way the world ends: not with a bang, but with a whimper" sense. I think it's poetic that Walt's scheme and massive hubris was brought down by something so mundane.

Yeah, the "done in by a book" thing is a little lame, but then again, it's not like Walt has been particularly cautious all along. A book on the shitter is probably better than Hank walking in his office 30 seconds earlier than expected and catching Walt in the act of installing/removing a tracer. So however it goes down, it was a matter of time.

I really, really, really wish they had inserted an audible "plop" after they cut back to Hank after the flashback. That would have been AWESOME. Not like tearing ass, I'm just talking a delicate splash, just to let us know. Shit dropped, yo.

I am a fan of the way they had Hank find out. It felt organic-- yeah, you'd think Walter would have burned the book, tore out the page with evidence, SOMETHING. But he didn't, and I think it's plausible since his empire wouldn't be the first to be brought down by a small detail.

Also, I support the idea of the plop. Maybe we petition for it on the blu-ray.

[quote name='dothog']

i really, really, really wish they had inserted an audible "plop" after they cut back to hank after the flashback. That would have been awesome. Not like tearing ass, i'm just talking a delicate splash, just to let us know. Shit dropped, yo.[/quote]

ha ha hahahahahahaha

I can't believe I have to wait an entire year just to see the final 5 episodes. I feel dirty and cheap. Why are they waiting so long.

[quote name='thebob101']I can't believe I have to wait an entire year just to see the final 5 episodes. I feel dirty and cheap. Why are they waiting so long.[/QUOTE]

Their will be 8 more episodes when it returns next year

Rewatching Walking Dead leading up to the premiere and noticed a cool Breaking Bad and Walking Dead crossover easter egg. When they broke down on the highway and Sophia got lost, they were searching cars for antibiotics. Later Daryl comes back and they explain it all and he just casually goes and gets the drugs out of the saddlebag on Merle's motorcycle. In the bag was another bag of Walt's blue meth.

You know, I been thinking about it. I think the book might just have been the best way for Hank to find out. I think any other way would of just left Walt in probably a position where he would be right in the middle of cops, and well I think it would just end up being Walt getting shot by cops.

With this, it gives not only Walt some time to improvise something, but at the same time I imagine Hank having a breakdown over it. I actually could imagine Hank killing himself over this, just for the backlash he would face if he went public with it because Heisenberg was right under his nose all along, in fact relation.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']You know, I been thinking about it. I think the book might just have been the best way for Hank to find out. I think any other way would of just left Walt in probably a position where he would be right in the middle of cops, and well I think it would just end up being Walt getting shot by cops.

With this, it gives not only Walt some time to improvise something, but at the same time I imagine Hank having a breakdown over it. I actually could imagine Hank killing himself over this, just for the backlash he would face if he went public with it because Heisenberg was right under his nose all along, in fact relation.[/QUOTE]

You pretty much hit the nail right on the head. Any other way and it's an immediate reaction situation. Hank can now dig deeper, investigate, decide what he wants to do AMC how and when.

It's really not stupid, this show has been about these kind of situations from the beginning.

I'd have to rewatch it, but I read on another site, that the signed page is stuck because of the ink, and Hank pulls the pages apart. So Walt never saw the note in the book when he set it there. Could just be grasping at straws though.

bertbb.gif

The suspense in the last 2-3 minutes was like ahhhh. I swear a million things popped in my head including a nuclear bomb going off or something, it was just too perfect.

Hank shouldn't be taking dumps in other people's homes. It's indecent.

See in NH Walt.

C'mon AMC, January would've been the perfect time to bring it back.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='tcrash247']You'd think Walt would trash that book after Hank brought it up a while ago to him. Instead he leaves that hard evidence on the shitter for anyone to see.[/QUOTE]

With everything that was going on, a book is the last thing he'd be thinking about. It was buried under a few magazines. "Out of sight out of mind".

I finally caught up last night. This show is just about perfect. Walt is definitely going down with guns blazing in the last episode.

The way the season opens, I am curious to see why Walt is running and why he needs such a big gun. You would think that dealing with Hank and the DEA wouldn't need a gun that large. I wonder if him killing all of Mike's men and dealing with the new gang for distribution has anything to do with him needing the fire power.

As far as Hank turning Walt in, I would think he would be a bit cautious because his entire treatment was paid for by drug money.

[quote name='thebob101']The way the season opens, I am curious to see why Walt is running and why he needs such a big gun. You would think that dealing with Hank and the DEA wouldn't need a gun that large. I wonder if him killing all of Mike's men and dealing with the new gang for distribution has anything to do with him needing the fire power.

As far as Hank turning Walt in, I would think he would be a bit cautious because his entire treatment was paid for by drug money.[/QUOTE]
This is if Hank survives. I am expecting Walt to massacre him, marie and skyler, and running away from the place. I am thinking he needs the gun to fight off something to expand his enterprise. I would love the series to end where all of walt's family except for the kids to be dead, and he has the chance to be the top player in America, only to be shot by Jesse for being crazy.

I think what's going to happen is that guy isn't going to accept Walt saying he's out. And that he didn't seem like much by first impressions, but will wind up being as calculating as Gus, and as vicious as Tuco. Like a perfect combo Walt shouldn't have fucked with. That he'll probably pay that Jessie 2.0 kid to try and kill Walt, and Walt will survive it.

Hank will probably hold off ratting Walt out because he's too conflicted, Skyler and/or Walt Jr. get killed as a message to Walt, and Hank is left devastated because he sat on the info and let Walt get himself to that point.

And the gun is maybe Walt holing up for a last stand, like how a few eps back he was so engrossed in the movie Scarface when watching it with Walt Jr. while Skylar stood there semi creeped out by it.

And my final prediction, at least three scenes of Walt Jr. eating cereal.

I noticed my "To Do" list said 0 future BB episodes to record, so I figured the series had ended with a shorter season. "Alright, time to watch," I thought to myself, "now I can avoid cliffhangers!" I then went ahead and watched the 6 episodes I had saved, including the latest. Curse you, AMC.

I did, however, like that last scene. For a moment, I wondered about whether there would be a sound effect to emphasize the impact of what I knew was about to happen when they showed that book. I guess they chose the classier route.

[quote name='dothog']Yeah, the "done in by a book" thing is a little lame, but then again, it's not like Walt has been particularly cautious all along. A book on the shitter is probably better than Hank walking in his office 30 seconds earlier than expected and catching Walt in the act of installing/removing a tracer. So however it goes down, it was a matter of time.

I really, really, really wish they had inserted an audible "plop" after they cut back to Hank after the flashback. That would have been AWESOME. Not like tearing ass, I'm just talking a delicate splash, just to let us know. Shit dropped, yo.[/QUOTE]

I have something that might interest you...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9juEr4980A&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I still don't see how people could like Mike. Just because he has a granddaughter that he visits doesn't mean he never did fucked up shit for Fring or dissolve an innocent kid in acid like recently.

Skylar is also acting perfectly in character. Why wouldn't she want to kill herself if her husband is forcing the family to stay together? When she was okay with the money laundering, it was before Walt warned her that Fring's men were on the way to the house.

I predict that we'll see Hank awkwardly cope, Marie act irrational and hysterical, Walt act like a really proud coward, and Jesse say "Yeah bitch!" alot. Honestly, I think Walt will get shot to end it while trying to retaliate because he thinks he's invincible.

And so the end begins.

Really feel for Jesse and I hope he makes it alive through the end of the series. With tonight's premier it looks like he may be killed off early but this could be what the director wants you to believe.

I like the flash forward again to start off this half of the season. I can see them resuming that point in time towards the middle of the season. By the finale I don't know if I will have sympathy for Walt when he inevitably dies. They've done a great job developing his character each season slowly transforming him from average joe to a legitimate villain.  

I fucking loved last night's episode. Favorite part was easily when Hank and Walt were in the garage and he told Hank to tread lightly. Goddamn, so great.

That ricin Walter took from his abandoned home, that's going to play a big part in the finale. I'm guessing, some way or another, that's how Walter will meet his end, it'll come full circle or karma for what he did to the boy, Brock.

That moment with the garage door closing might very well end up being my favorite of the entire series. I also loved the "Heisenberg" written on the living room wall.

That moment with the garage door closing might very well end up being my favorite of the entire series. I also loved the "Heisenberg" written on the living room wall.
Which means people know who he is/was. It also must have broke as a major local news story because of how his neighbor reacted. I'm wondering how fast we get to this part of the story.

Great episode.  It is already one of my all-time favorite shows but if the last 7 episodes are this good.... holy crap.

So, does anything think that Walter will end up in Witness Protection at the end of the show and then in the last few seconds, you see the intro sequence to Malcom In The Middle?

So, does anything think that Walter will end up in Witness Protection at the end of the show and then in the last few seconds, you see the intro sequence to Malcom In The Middle?
I've seen this idea floated a lot and it is funny, but I think this show is just way too good to go that route.

I was certain before the start of this half-season that the show would end in Walt's death. With the flash forward in the first episode, I'm not so confident. Perhaps that's before his final conflict, but it's obvious he's alive for quite a bit longer at least. I still think that Walt will die physically, or Heisenberg will die (figuratively) where he has to atone for what he's done.

This last episode sucked, I was really hoping for an actual lead into something great after the week before, but no. Tease after tease and now just about every character in the show is unlikable. I hope Hank falls into a vat of chemicals or something. And Walt is about 10% as evil as Jesse is making him out to be. If anything, Walt seems to be the most rational person right now.

Its funny how different dexter and breaking bad are taking their final seasons. Everything is still honky dory for ol dexy boy

This last episode sucked, I was really hoping for an actual lead into something great after the week before, but no. Tease after tease and now just about every character in the show is unlikable. I hope Hank falls into a vat of chemicals or something. And Walt is about 10% as evil as Jesse is making him out to be. If anything, Walt seems to be the most rational person right now.
Riiiight.... The last episode was amazing! Pretty much everything is on the table at this point.
I'm wondering how Jesse plans to burn Walt because he's not going to kill anyone. Seems like he would target his family somehow since that is all Walt seems to care about in his own twisted way - maybe Jesse will make Junior aware of what is going on? Skylar knows so that won't matter (but Jesse might not know that). I'm guessing that Todd will agree to take out Jesse in exchange for Walt cooking more or at least training a new group of cooks. Of course, things will go horribly wrong (like maybe Todd accidentally takes out Junior or the baby or something).
I don't know.

Some of the questions asked on the Facebook Breaking Bad status update for Talking Bad are so damn great.

Couple of my favorites are "How come Walt JR wasn't eating breakfeast?","How's Maries Lasagna?", " How did Jesse find a pay phone so quickly?... I haven't found a pay phone in at least five years..." and the best so far,Can someone PLEASE take that stupid looking hat off of the baby?! They live in New Mexico for cying out loud, and that kid is how old now?"

So how bout tonight's episode eh?

Wished the episode ended right when Todd's uncle started shooting. It looks kinda stupid how there are 5 guys opening fire on Hank and Gomez and neither get hit when they didn't have cover for at least a couple seconds. Still a good episode though. As for next weeks.. I don't see how Hank and Gomez can get out of this, they're out gunned and out manned. Hank had got his last little moment with Marie so that could possibly mean he's gone. But then again the way this season's been going they could some how live.

that ending scene would have been insane as an execution, but instead they try to sell us that 6 guys with guns fixed on 2 men missed everything except the vehicles around them.

keep in mind that this is after the episode where these guys took out a well armed meth operation.

fucking dudes missed 100-200 yd shots with AA-12 shotguns and automatic rifles. This leads me to believe they survive somehow in the next episode. That mexican dude is so expendable so RIP my ninja

bread's done
Back