Breath of Fire III UK (PSP region free) for £14.97 (~$22.10)

Nintendonly

CAGiversary!
*Price is YMMV because exchange rates rapidly change*

Anyway, Gameseek, which I believe is a British company that sells games (dur), is offering Breath of Fire III for PSP (which was never released in the U.S.). Since the PSP is region free and the game is in English, you will not come across any problems.

They will ship internationally only once you have emailed them, so I do not know the shipping price. The URL to the listing is here:

http://www.gameseek.co.uk/pd/PSPx817rmazvj1/

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting.. I really loved this game (and the whole series), and I'm not sure I still have my PS1 copy. Does anyone know if there are any substantial upgrades to the PSP version, or is it a direct port?

Fantastic game. It was one of my first RPGs. This is pretty much a direct port, but with some added load times. The story is great, and characters even better (Rei FTW). Gameplay is standard turn based, but has a Master system that's deep. I have it on PSX and bought the PSP version on EU release for $60 at the time.

[quote name='Master Shake']When you choose a country for shipping it says...

U.K. or Europe Only[/quote]

Gameseek.co.uk > How to order > "Please Note: Ordering online is only available to UK & European Customers. If you would like to order and live outside Europe please contact us first. Also we will only ship small products internationally, we dont ship hardware due to extreme postage charges. Also please make sure your hardware is compatible to play our software products before ordering."

^Also, I stated this in my first post: "They will ship internationally only once you have emailed them, so I do not know the shipping price."

In other words, WAY TO READ, buddy.

Picked this up off ebay some time ago for $30 and it was well worth it. I really got into this game on PS1. The fishing is well addictive.

Sent an email. I unfortunately lost my original PS1 copy years ago and have been wanting to pick this up for around $30. I emailed them , so hopefully shipping isn't too bad.

Thanks

[quote name='placebo1']I had found this game at Pamida last year - might be worth a look if you have one of their stores near you.[/quote]

Me too, but I think it was a Japanese copy so I didn't pick it up. My Pamida got a lot of Japanese PSP games around that time for whatever reason. I haven't been there for a while, I wonder if they sold out...

I ordered this game for an Amazon reseller a long time ago for about $50. Yup that is the price for being a fan of a great RPG series.
Click Here to try GameFly for FREE or start for only $8.95!!

Am I the only one who thought this series was a bit boring? Far from the worst RPG out there though, and it had a nifty look. NO idea why Capcom didn't bring it over here! Especially when it's already ported. I might have picked up a copy.

Regarding load times, a few things:
-The original had some load times
-Why would a Playstation Portable version load slower than the original, when it's 10x more powerful hardware with 10x the RAM? (I mean that's WEEEEEIRD...although maybe it's being emulated, in which case that maybe makes sense, as you saw some extra load time in some SNES -> Playstation 1 games)
-Presumably the 2000 and later series units would help shave that down with their large caches.

I got a response:

If you would like to purchase goods from us and you live outside of
Europe,
we can only send small goods ie. games.
Please note that some console games will not work in other countries
outside

of Europe unless you have a European Console.

For example: PS2, Xbox, Gamecube games will not work in USA and vice
versa.
However handheld machines (eg. PSP, DS) are universal and so are PC
games so

they will work.

If you would like to order, just email us back and let us know what you
want.
To pay for the goods at this time we only accept paypal as form of
payment.
If you login to your paypal account and click on "send money" - and send
money to our paypal account - [email protected]
Then we can manually process your order.

Postage for goods outside of Europe is £4.99, inside europe £3.99 or uk
mainland £1.99 per item Please note you must have a verified paypal
account.

http://www.xe.com/ucc/

We use the above conversion site for the current exchange.

Best Regards,
Natasha
Team Gameseek
www.gameseek.co.uk
The UK's #1 Internet Gamestore

[quote name='bvharris']Interesting.. I really loved this game (and the whole series), and I'm not sure I still have my PS1 copy. Does anyone know if there are any substantial upgrades to the PSP version, or is it a direct port?[/quote]

As far as I know, this is a direct port. The load times are shorter, which is a bonus. I picked this up from ebay last year and got it for about 20.

[quote name='Legendbyname']Using the currency converter site they listed, the total of 19.97 euro comes out to about $26.74. Is there something I did wrong?

EDIT: the site from the email was http://www.xe.com/ucc/[/quote]

Yes, you did. GBP =/= EURO

Off-topic: Whoa! 666 views?!?
On-topic: I don't know if I should order this... I mean, yeah, it's $30.00 for a rare game, but I have to go through the trouble of manually sending money through PayPal? Shouldn't the "official" retailer of Britain do that?

Yeah I'm on the fence as well. It's a pretty shady way to order online that will probably take at least a month to get to me, and $30 is no amazing deal, but I'm a huge BoF fan and would love to own this title.

Ebay listings are all for the Japanese version and go for over $50 before shipping.

I sent an e-mail. If I get a response I may order one (or two).

Edit: Do we know if they take off VAT? Because they should.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually ordered from http://www.hmv.com instead because they are a British retailer similar to North America's FYE and are affiliated with RCA through His Master's Voice (in other words, it's a more trustworthy company). They also let you pay for stuff directly through their website like a normal person without going through the trouble of using ScamPal.

Breath of Fire III is going for £17.99 there with £4.50 international shipping (£22.49 ~ $33.15). Here is the URL:

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;-1;-1;-1;-1&sku=453026

So i ended up ordering from hmv.com, and it definitely said now available when I placed the order. Now my order status says "Deleted item. We are trying to obtain this product from alternative sources."

Figures..

Anyone else manage to get an order though with them?

bread's done
Back