Brett Favre Retires

hohez

CAGiversary!
Just announced by Mort on Mike and mike in the Morning. He told mike Mcarthy last night that he's retiring.

My favorite quarterback of all time seems to have finally made up his mind.

WOW, I was hoping he would stick around for another year. Brett Favre is awesome, one of my most favorite players of all time! I'm sad to see him go!

[quote name='guyver2077']i hope your joking...[/quote]

I wasn't.

Now I know though... I thought maybe it was something interesting, but I was wrong.

[quote name='Salmonday']DId he throw a hissy fit over not going after Moss again?[/quote]

Thats the current conversation on Mike and mike, but the only thing they have to base it on is that moss was signed yesterday and favre retired today. Complete here-say right now.

[quote name='tiredfornow']I wasn't.

Now I know though... I thought maybe it was something interesting, but I was wrong.[/QUOTE]

O wow. If you seriously don't know who Brett Favre is you need to wake up and smell the fucking roses.

Now I know though... I thought maybe it was something interesting, but I was wrong.[/quote]

I think its safe to say you weren't wrong. :roll: You may not like sports as you are trying really hard to convey that you don't, but the guy obviously means a lot to a lot of people.

I'm not a Favre fan or anything, but to plead ignorance just because you don't find it interesting is silly.

Now I know though... I thought maybe it was something interesting, but I was wrong.[/quote]

well he is one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time..

im sure everyone in greenbay must be crying..

Whats so wrong about not knowing something/someone you dont pay any attention to?

I had to google who it was.

I know more about things I pay attention to, like guyver's avatar... I LOVE DANNY GLOVER'S MOVIES! Though he does look kinda buff in that picture. :whistle2:k

[quote name='tiredfornow']Whats so wrong about not knowing something/someone you dont pay any attention to?

I know more about things I pay attention to, like guyver's avatar... I LOVE DANNY GLOVER'S MOVIES! Though he does look kinda buff in that picture. :whistle2:k[/quote]

danny glover? lol

[quote name='Maklershed']Who is Brett Favre?[/QUOTE]

He was in Something About Mary and some commercials.

#-o

You guys should've just said he was the retard in Theres Something About Mary. Its all so clear now. : )

Though I'm not quite sure how he was a good quarterback, he seemed kinda... slow.

[quote name='tiredfornow']#-o

You guys should've just said he was the retard in Theres Something About Mary. Its all so clear now. : )

Though I'm not quite sure how he was a good quarterback, he seemed kinda... slow.[/quote]

He was not the tard in Something about Mary that was Warren....

Well until we all see one a live interview where he is crying or something lol Im not taking sport talk chatter off the net...

If this is true though GB is screwed if Rogers can not stay healthy which in turn they need to keep out of practice seeing that is where he seems to always hurt himself... :roll:

[quote name='tiredfornow']I don't know who Brett Favre is, but whatever. : ([/quote]

Thanks for sharing that.

I appreciate your ability to come into a topic about someone you know nothing about just to let us know you know nothing about him. Without that knowledge this topic would have had less meaning and we all would have been wondering what tiredfornow thinks. Rejoice in your +1 addition to your post count young CAG member. You are indeed the suppository of knowledge that CAG has been deseperately searching for.

Your friend,

Guile.

i guess my brett favre fathead is worth more now that he's retired

n601939466_567939_1689.jpg

I guess the only thing that could've made this year better was a ring. Looking at the contenders for next year, a ring would've been even more unlikely for Green Bay this year.......unless they had signed Randy Moss.

its about time he retire and he only won 1 superbowl he is not the greatest qb of all time he is the most liked of all time but not the greatest

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Thanks for sharing that.

I appreciate your ability to come into a topic about someone you know nothing about just to let us know you know nothing about him. Without that knowledge this topic would have had less meaning and we all would have been wondering what tiredfornow thinks. Rejoice in your +1 addition to your post count young CAG member. You are indeed the suppository of knowledge that CAG has been deseperately searching for.

Your friend,

Guile.[/quote]

:rofl: :rofl:

What are you even talking about?

Well, when you're right, you're right. I am indeed what CAG has been ''deseperately'' searching for. tiredfornow '08.

He's not the greatest ever, but he was good enough to get into the conversation. That's pretty good.

I like the move, leaves everyone with a good feeling about his career after a great season.

Edit: Guile's right, btw.

[quote name='tiredfornow']:rofl: :rofl:

What are you even talking about?

Well, when you're right, you're right. I am indeed what CAG has been ''deseperately'' searching for. tiredfornow '08.[/quote]

You forgot to highlight suppository.

He will be remembered always as one of the greats. I personally would have loved to see Favre return one more season and make a run at the Super Bowl. The Packers have a strong team, and it would have only been stronger had he returned. He obviously decided he had enough though, and was brave enough to walk away from the game he loves. He leaves the game on his terms. Thanks for all the great memories Brett, you will always be favorite QB I have ever seen played considering his career accomplishments. I will always cherish my Favre jersey and Favre Fathead on my wall.

To Packers fans, good luck this upcoming season, the first in 16 years without Favre.

Wow, this is truly a sad day in the NFL as Brett Favre was always one of my favorite QB's, and I'm from Chicago and I live and die Bears football, but Favre was/is such a down to earth guy. And its just insane to retire after the kind of season he had last year not counting his last game.

How can you say he's not one of the greatest of all-time? I'm not saying he's THE greatest of all-time, he's one of them for sure.

All-Time Leader in: Passing TDs, Completions, Passing Yards, Consecutive Starts, Wins by a Starter, Attempts, Career Games With At Least 3 TDs Thrown.

And of course, interceptions. Not the greatest feat in the world, but his name is by the #1 there.

That doesn't include the team records he holds with the Packers, too.

I just don't understand how some of you can say he's not one of the greatest of all-time.

[quote name='tiredfornow']I know more about things I pay attention to, like guyver's avatar... I LOVE DANNY GLOVER'S MOVIES! Though he does look kinda buff in that picture. :whistle2:k[/quote]

Danny Glover?! :rofl:

uh....

i met danny glover in Puerto Rico 2 years ago.

Favre was one of the best quarterbacks of all time and probably the most classy, respectable football player ever. It's a shame he had to retire now, i would have loved to see him win another championship.

I dont want to seem like a total jackass for saying this, but....

his last pass was an interception to Corey Webster :)

just glad the is he or isn't he debate is over. I am sure he will be a broadcaster in a few years, way too many people love Brett Farve

I'm incredibly happy. Less Favre means MORE VIKINGS FUN!

However, I can't help but be (a little bit) sad. Farve was an unbelievable player, incredibly down to earth and just a class act.

[quote name='tiredfornow']Whats so wrong about not knowing something/someone you dont pay any attention to?

I know more about things I pay attention to, like guyver's avatar... I LOVE DANNY GLOVER'S MOVIES! Though he does look kinda buff in that picture. :whistle2:k[/quote]

Wait, you pay that much attention to Danny Glover, who isn't even an A-list actor...yet don't know who Brett Favre is? I call B.S. on that. Have you never watched ESPN or any sports related TV show, or channel, for that matter? Nobody in your neck of the woods has talked about anything remotely close to the Green Bay Packers, Lambeau field, or football as a whole? That's just pathetic...Not paying attention to something is no excuse for not knowing...you must have done well in school

bread's done
Back