Brick & Mortar Deal/Sale of the Year 2010

Does the Kmart coupon train count as a deal? A steady stream of new releases at $40 or less after one MSRP purchase can't be beat in my mind.

RadioShack's DS Lite Clearance for $65.

Either that or probably the Fallout New Vegas coasters at Kmart. $5 for them and you got a $15 coupon. The coasters were pretty cool too.

First of all, one-off deals on single games don't cut it for me (ie. Blur). The TRU $10 Halo card was OK, but stores generally had a very YMMV selection of decent things to get with it (and otherwise getting $10 off $50 or $60 games isn't such a great deal).

By far and away the best sales of the year were the 2 (or was it 3?) Blockbuster B1G1 free ($14.99 and under) sales. Combine that with some ahead-of-the-curve price drops (Beatles Rock Band when it was still $30-$40 everywhere else in the earlier sale, and God of War III when it was still $30-$40 everywhere else in the later one, etc) and it was an awesome sale. I still have a pile of games here that I haven't touched from that sale. Oh, and for the most part the big games were available in mass quantity at most locations so any CAGs paying attention and going the first few days, at least, could get whatever they wanted.

And every game that I got was near mint/complete - they had a lot of rental overstock on some of these games and so they could often be found practically brand new (at least no worse than a Gamestop gutted "new" game).

Blockbuster B1G1 at the end of the year. I got every single game that I had wanted and not purchased for the past 2 years for basically $7.50 or less each. They were all in mint condition and looked brand new. Bioshock 2, GOW 3, etc. Hell, you still can't get these that cheap anywhere months later.

[quote name='kube00']Blur for $10 from Best Buy[/QUOTE]

I don't know if Target clearance qualifies for this but if it doesn't then I'd also have to say Blur for $10 at Best Buy.

Gamestop's Xbox360 trade-in program for the Slim was by far the best deal all year. Trading in your old 360 and getting bonus credit for every accessory! Only fools passed up on this deal.

Original White Nintendo Wii for $80 from Sports Authority.

I didn't get one... but I sure am jealous of all the people who did!

Blockbuster's B1G1 - hands down.

2 copies of GoW3 for $15
2 copies of Battlefield BC2 for $15
Nier & Bayonetta for $15
...and on and on.

[quote name='Brownjohn']Target clearance.

I don't remember a lot of B&M deals, but I'm constantly checking Target clearance, since I'm in there at least once per week.[/QUOTE]

Target clearance for me as well.

K-Mart hands down for their game deals ($19.99 sly cooper collection was awesome) and their constant promotions of release day game deals I.E. the coupons and SYWR points. Bought more games from there than anywhere else and helped save me a ton.

The TRU glitch that got you the Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock Band Kit for Wii for $9.99 when you bought Epic Mickey or Donkey Kong Country Returns for $49.99

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']Also wasn't the FairyTale Fights free glitch at Best Buy early last year? That was also pretty epic and well.......very controversial.[/QUOTE]

It was in December 2009

kmart black ops deal would get my vote, but thinking about it a bit more the kmart new vegas deal for the win. Those coaster sets just kicked to much discount over to many games not to vote for.

[quote name='Kaelestis']$10 Halo coupon from TRU. Free games then stacking with 30% off clearance for cheap games = win to me.[/QUOTE]

that was good. too bad I didn't get in on the $9.99 games

[quote name='mightymek']I guess it would be Blur @ Best Buy for $10 with their sale price and they stacked their Reward Zone coupon and Manufacturer's coupon.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

bread's done
Back