Brink - A new kind of FPS? Out now! First DLC FREE!

Something will go wrong on launch, these types of FPS's always have some sort of balancing issue or some guy that can hide in walls and stuff. I'm just hoping it won't take 2 months to get a patch.

[quote name='smiggity']I thought this was a PSN game? Not sure this warrants a full retail release...[/QUOTE]

No way. This thing has been in development for years by a decent sized studio. I'm not saying it's the size of the Crysis team or COD team but it's a lot of guys doing a lot of work.

Admittedly, though, this is why I don't buy many FPS's at launch for $60. Unless you get to play the game at a friend's house to know just how much fun the multiplayer's going to be, it's hard to know whether an FPS is basically just a 6-hour single player game or a really addictive multiplayer game with an almost limitless amount of replayability.

[quote name='smiggity']I thought this was a PSN game? Not sure this warrants a full retail release...[/QUOTE]

stick to the socom thread bud.

Are you mad cause Socom 4 sucks balls? and Socom 3 was a complete failure

looking forward to this game. was excited about it the first time i saw all the customizations to character and weapons. i'm crossing my fingers that this does well.

Looks fun but it also gives me the feeling it's going to screw with my CoD skills like playing BC2 did.

this game is not CoD play type friendly. camping is discourage. sitting back sniping and not using team work will get you no where. team work is a must with no lone wolf type style getting you many points.

bad company 2 players that were team oriented will be right at home however.

[quote name='8bitArtist']this game is not CoD play type friendly. camping is discourage. sitting back sniping and not using team work will get you no where. team work is a must with no lone wolf type style getting you many points.

bad company 2 players that were team oriented will be right at home however.[/QUOTE]
I was more referencing the difference in controls when switching between the two games, it takes anywhere from a few matches to a day to reconfigure my brain around the controls properly.

Teamwork is dependent on the player, not necessarily the game they cut their teeth on. The average CoD kiddie won't succeed but I wouldn't use BC2 as a benchmark for teamwork though, as any player who plays for the objectives and to win will overall be more suited than somebody strictly out for their k/d ratio.

[quote name='Mad39er']I was more referencing the difference in controls when switching between the two games, it takes anywhere from a few matches to a day to reconfigure my brain around the controls properly.[/QUOTE]

I have the same problem. Was killing me on a game that switched some buttons from 360 to PS3... SAME GAME... just decided to change a few buttons. Was getting whipped because of it. :lol:

[quote name='Mad39er']I was more referencing the difference in controls when switching between the two games, it takes anywhere from a few matches to a day to reconfigure my brain around the controls properly.

Teamwork is dependent on the player, not necessarily the game they cut their teeth on. The average CoD kiddie won't succeed but I wouldn't use BC2 as a benchmark for teamwork though, as any player who plays for the objectives and to win will overall be more suited than somebody strictly out for their k/d ratio.[/QUOTE]

ah, i play multiple fps' at once so the control switching doesnt bother me.

[quote name='tcatsninfan']No way. This thing has been in development for years by a decent sized studio. I'm not saying it's the size of the Crysis team or COD team but it's a lot of guys doing a lot of work.

Admittedly, though, this is why I don't buy many FPS's at launch for $60. Unless you get to play the game at a friend's house to know just how much fun the multiplayer's going to be, it's hard to know whether an FPS is basically just a 6-hour single player game or a really addictive multiplayer game with an almost limitless amount of replayability.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the actual response. I thought this game started development as a PSN title. Apparently not though

[quote name='8bitArtist']stick to the socom thread bud.[/QUOTE]

How old are you? Does it feel good to be a hater? You've been a member of this site for 3 years, yet my question gets answered by a dude who has been here ~1year and you are just a dick. Grow up

[quote name='maxim2boobles']Are you mad cause Socom 4 sucks balls? and Socom 3 was a complete failure[/QUOTE]

Contrary to what you may believe, I do not work for Sony or Zipper. So why the fuck would I be "mad" because S4 blows? I am certainly not mad that instead of spending hundreds of hours on Socom, that time will be spent doing much more productive things with actual people instead of virtual soldiers. But some people who are obsessed with video games and troll me on the forums just won't understand that. And for you to reference Socom 3, which came out in 2007 and was universally trashed by every Socom fan, makes no sense. I find it mad funny that people, who have never gamed with me or spoken to me, instantly hate on me if I am outside the Socom forums, Grow up.

[quote name='smiggity']How old are you? Does it feel good to be a hater? You've been a member of this site for 3 years, yet my question gets answered by a dude who has been here ~1year and you are just a dick. Grow up[/QUOTE]

well, i made an comment in the socom thread and you jumped down my throat calling it idiotic. you make a true idiotic comment here saying you thought this was a psn game, i tell you just to stay in the socom thread since thats all it seems like you play and you tell me to grow up. hypocrite much?

saw some footage of this game on qore and i like it. reminds me alot of mirrors edge with some extras added in. could be cool if it works out like theyre saying.

I came here with the intention to say Brink was like an FPS from 1990, but instead... LMAO at above. Also, after I got thru making my paper weig... urm, PS3 finish being the real updating machine it couldn't even get Socom 4 beta going...

[quote name='8bitArtist']well, i made an comment in the socom thread and you jumped down my throat calling it idiotic. you make a true idiotic comment here saying you thought this was a psn game, i tell you just to stay in the socom thread since thats all it seems like you play and you tell me to grow up. hypocrite much?[/QUOTE]

Obvious butt hurt is obvious.

OP , you should post pre-order bonuses on the front page.

The DOOM Pack, available when you pre-order through GameStop, contains:
• Unique “Hellspawn” body tattoo
• Exclusive UAC (Security) and Cacodemon (Resistance) customized skins for the Bulpdaun SMG
• Exclusive UAC Marine Body Armor (Security) and Lost Soul Screaming Skull (Resistance) t-shirts
• Exclusive UAC beanie cap (Security) and DOOM bandana (Resistance)

The Fallout Pack, available when you pre-order through Best Buy, contains:
• Unique Fallout Vault 101 body tattoo
• Exclusive Vault 101 (Security) and Fallout New Vegas Vault Boy (Resistance) customized skins for the CARB-9 SMG
• Exclusive Fallout Vault 101 (Security) and Fallout New Vegas Vault Boy (Resistance) t-shirts
• Exclusive Vault-Tec beanie cap (Security) and Fallout bandana (Resistance)

The Psycho Pack, when you pre-order through Amazon.com or Direct2Drive, contains:
• Exclusive weapon: the “Caesar” Revolver
• New attachments: The Resistance’s improved Soda Can Silencer and Security’s ArkTactical Silencer
• Exclusive Resistance “The Grin” Combat Mask
• Unique “Tortured Soul” body tattoo

The Spec Ops Pack, available when you pre-order through Walmart or Steam, contains:
• Exclusive weapon: the “Hockler” Machine-Pistol
• Exclusive “GreenEye” Combat Optical Scope
• Exclusive Security “Sloani” Combat Mask
• Unique Dogtag body tattoo

I can't decide between doom and fallout pack. I hate gamestop with a passion but they might get my money.

[quote name='maxim2boobles']OP , you should post pre-order bonuses on the front page. [/QUOTE]

Thanks. Done. Amazon credit means that is the way I have to go. :lol:

from Brinks facebook "Bethesda Softworks, a ZeniMax Media company, today announced that its acclaimed first-person shooter, Brink, will be available one week EARLIER than originally scheduled. Brink will now first be available for purchase in North America on May 10th instead of May 17th, and in Europe on May 13th instead of May 20th."

[quote name='8bitArtist']stark are you getting this game? pixl clan is all over this game.[/QUOTE]

Still on the fence. Just need a little bit more on the gameplay details and their roadmap for their online plans (or general out line).

I did see an ad for something that was being sponsored by Brink. Didn't work as I have already forgotten what it was.

[quote name='maxim2boobles']
I can't decide between doom and fallout pack. I hate gamestop with a passion but they might get my money.[/QUOTE]

Funny, I can't decide between the Spec Ops and Psycho packs. Actual weapons are better than weapon skins in my book. Plus both the Spec Ops and Psycho characters look great.

eh, i couldnt care less about the skins. im just getting it at gamestop cuz i have had 2 games paid off there forever and i just keep moving my pre orders to something else. this is day 1 no matter what reviews are, so im getting it there.

[quote name='Organization_XIII']OK.... I'll say it

Brink looks like they just mixed Borderlands and Team Fortress 2 and plan on charging $60 for it.[/QUOTE]

You forgot Mirror's Edge and maybe a little BioShock.

Not sure whats up with the $60 remark though. Borderlands was full retail in the past u know.

Yeah... I dunno. ZOMG IT TAKES ELEMENTS FROM OTHER GAMES JUST LIKE... EVERY OTHER GAME EVER!??!?!

Borderlands meets TF2 sounds pretty sweet to me. As long as it is a good game and fun to play (and at this point all indications are that it is)... $60 is fine with me for a new game. But I was a bit disappointed with Black Ops and KZ3. Looking for something like this. :)

[quote name='BingoBrown']Funny, I can't decide between the Spec Ops and Psycho packs. Actual weapons are better than weapon skins in my book. Plus both the Spec Ops and Psycho characters look great.[/QUOTE]

I'm probably sticking to psycho pack because of the weapon and $10 credit. I'm PSYCHED about early release

I need a demo for this game to figure out whether I should preorder or wait for it to get cheaper before I buy it. Will it play as well as it looks like it will? I don't know. Crysis 2 was hyped a lot but then I played the demo and didn't care for it, don't know if I'll even get that when it's $20 or something.

[quote name='NamPaehc']You forgot Mirror's Edge and maybe a little BioShock.

Not sure whats up with the $60 remark though. Borderlands was full retail in the past u know.[/QUOTE]

Of course it was then, but it didn't just ape other games and say "these elements from ____ were a good Idea, so we should just use them and call it our "new" IP. Here comes the money!!!!"

organization, you do realize borderlands took stuff from every other FPS and just added a Diablo style loot element to it. the skill tree wasnt ground breaking either and have been in many other games. give me a break.... oh and it was set in a wasteland. ground breaking stuff there! just stop talking.

the games solves problems i had with bad company 2 (nothing but snipers, overpowered shotguns, instant revive) and from what i can tell, its the first fps with a parkour free running system. i dont care what it borrows, cuz EVERY SINGLE GAME borrows. only real question is, is it fun or not?

I had to burn some promo stuff so I went ahead and preordered this.

The interview did help but I'm still on fence, not sure why.

The update system they have planned sounds fantastic. Wonder if it can be applied to things other then fps. Fast easy tweaks without patch review sounds great. I just hope they don't get to controlling.

[quote name='Organization_XIII']Brink looks like they just mixed Borderlands and Team Fortress 2 and plan on charging $60 for it.[/QUOTE]

Borderlands = Fun
Team Fortress 2 = Fun

Borderlands + Team Fortress 2 = Fun x 2

from the vidoes, it seems this is total FPS, as opposed to a FPS mixed with melee attackers. i hate FPS where the enemy rushes you (like bulletstorm) and attacks you hand to hand.

is brink a true FPS? or are there melee attackers if anyone knows?

The structure is always 8 vs 8 with the same classes all around. The SP and MP are largely the same, just one being offline and one being online. There is not "different" enemies to run up against as far as I know. It is always a teams based game against another team.

you can melee, but there isnt a specific enemy that just melees. also, there arent 1 hit knife kills unless its from a heavy who are really slow.

[quote name='Saint Noir']Preview. Not much new, but very positive sounding.
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/04/20/brink-preview/[/QUOTE]
So the level cap is at 20? Are there any interviews where they talk about how long (on average) it will take someone to reach that level? I don't mind the fact that it's only 20 levels as opposed to 60 or 80 or something, but I don't want to be Level 20 after playing for a week...

Wish there was a demo, but im still considering getting it, especially with 30$ worth of Best Buy RZ Credit coming in the next 2 weeks.

New(ish) IGN Article here.

It is primarily focused on the aspects of sound development for the game, but it includes some insight as to how highly customized each faction of characters will be and how their weapons will vary.

[quote name='The IGN Article']Weapons:
I made sure that each faction would have different weapon sounds even if they were using a re-skinned version of the same weapon. Each faction's weapons are designed as different timbres (kind of like voices in a choir). This means that when you hear lots of weapons being fired at the same time in the game, your chances of it sounding harmonious are greatly increased.[/quote]

I am definitely excited for this title.

bread's done
Back