Brink - A new kind of FPS? Out now! First DLC FREE!

Some of the unlocks from multiplayer

The Medic's Lazarus Grenade
The Lazarus Grenade is an experimental pharmaceutical aerosol bomb, letting you Revive all Incapacitated teammates within its healing cloud. There is a Cooldown period between successive uses.

The Engineer's Command Post Upgrade

Command Post Upgrade allows you to upgrade any Health or Supply Command Post to double its effect on the entire team.

The Soldier's Satchel Charge
Satchel Charges are remote control bombs plantable on any flat surface. You can place up to 3 and detonate them simultaneously.

I was one of the biggest proponents of this game.
When I heard the level-cap was 20, they are giving away "exclusive" pre-order B.S.
This would be ok if it were free DLC IMO.
No vehicles (still a rumor)
I put alot of faith in Bethesda then Fallout new vegas...
I may still pre-order only for the reason that I want to play something (although at this point i believe PSN will never come back)

[quote name='serenitygod']I was one of the biggest proponents of this game.
When I heard the level-cap was 20, they are giving away "exclusive" pre-order B.S.
This would be ok if it were free DLC IMO.
No vehicles (still a rumor)
I put alot of faith in Bethesda then Fallout new vegas...
I may still pre-order only for the reason that I want to play something (although at this point i believe PSN will never come back)[/QUOTE]

what does level cap have to do with anything? itll take a little while to reach level 20. what does pre order stuff that is purely cosmetic have to do with anything. who cares? bethesda only published new vegas, they didnt develop it, obsidian entertainment did. psn will be back up by then. dont be a retard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUhLigIvjWo&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lep6Q8I-BPI&feature=player_embedded

appararently you don't listen to the cagcast. Let's start with the pre-order shit. That means you get an incomplete game if you don't get everything. Does $60 matter to you? If not find another site. As far as Bethesda being a publisher that is totally true, That being said I didn't see any game I didn't like from them. I don't get what you mean here?! (you know that is called an interrobang, just in case someone asks).
As far as the other IDK how long it will take to get to level 20. I bet not as long as level 60 in UC2 though. That game gave me so much value. I read the other comments and they didn't assert to know the time required to achieve that level.

Don't be a retard! That is just offensive. How about don't go suck balls jackass. That would be better. Atleast they are not tarding again. I am grossly offended that you insulted me with no knowledge base atleast know something before your contemptuousness rears its ugly head,

pre order bullshit comes with every game. thats a fact and it isnt going anywhere anytime soon. id much rather have a game give away useless cosmetic only shit than a game that gives away special maps or something else that is much more useful. "boohoo i cant dress up as a doom character. this game is incomplete!" fuck outta here.

so, let me ask, when you reach a max level in a game, do you just stop playing then? most likely not, so who cares what the level cap is. pretty much all level caps in all games take quite awhile to reach. you reach 60 in uc2 and then just stopped playing cuz of the cap?

your post sounded like you were blaming bethesda for whatever you didnt like about fallout new vegas. making a game good is up to the devs, not the publisher.

when you make a retarded statement stating psn will never come back, youre going to get called a retard. plain and simple. if youre grossly offended, you just need to get the sand outta your vagina. :)

This game soudns better and better. I cant wait to hear what its like and then jump on board. I dumped Killzone 3 already.. not because it was bad, I just played the beta way too much.

Has anyone heard about any deals on day 1?

Not pre-order DLC, but rather something along the lines of Kmart offering money off the game?

EDIT: Nevermind, just did a search in the Kmart 5.0 thread. It looks like Brink will be coming with a $20 coupon on day 1 that is good towards another gaming purchase. Decent.

I disagree politely without arguing. that is not just cosmetic it allows certain guns that are not available to all.
The PSn thing is a joke because it is one of the most boring weeks ever.
The Bethesda thing is a measure of their QA. Huh I knew it wouldn't go away did u?
Actually, I did stop playing a game after meeting it's level cap several times. That being said 60 has changed in uc2 to 80. The whole success of the shooter is in the leveling for me.
Anything else you want to call me on?

Stop making this a fight thread

If you really wanted to know what I think you should check the blogs shit out and you will know.

As far as my vagina it is an awesome pussy sand or not. I like to douche it daily.

saying that you enjoy a game less once you reach a cap is ridiculous. especially on uc2 since after 50, you got no incentive to keep going what so ever except for the fact that its a great TPS. the very few guns that are offered arent going to be beasts that overshadow all the other guns in the game. the devs know what they are doing (just look at how they revive people and taking away the lone wolf sniper) and wouldnt mess it up by making an awesome gun an exclusive for 1 store.

[quote name='serenitygod']I disagree with the past level 50 thing. Then you get "badges of honor." This is a unique chance to prove you have skill.[/QUOTE]

sorry been awhile since i played u2. i mixed 50 and 60(X) up. either way, did you hit X then stop playing till they updated it to XX and XXX?

i have a feeling ill be maxed out on every class eventually. im just really hoping this isnt a lagfest man. hearing its peer to peer kinda broke my heart.

I'm gonna go with medic, they always get leveled up a lot faster because you gotta save all the Rambos' running around. Will be interesting. I'm more concerned about the different objectives, looks like there is 3 in any given game........ I can handle objective based game play in MAG, but it's so much different than this game.....I'm so confused.

I guess it's my fault for never playing TF2, I don't even understand that game either.

Brink Wiki

[quote name='GTmaster39']I'm gonna go with medic, they always get leveled up a lot faster because you gotta save all the Rambos' running around. Will be interesting. I'm more concerned about the different objectives, looks like there is 3 in any given game........ I can handle objective based game play in MAG, but it's so much different than this game.....I'm so confused.

I guess it's my fault for never playing TF2, I don't even understand that game either.[/QUOTE]

I will be one of those rambos so i need all the help i can get

Right on. Since we already have another medic, depending on what our final player list looks like, I may play Engineer as well. I can play whatever.

I will be a first day purchase most likely. I haven't played with any CAGs, but would love to find some teammates who will follow objectives and actually play in a team-based manner.

I am open to playing most any class, once this is released I hope to get a few games in with you guys.

I'm sure there will be a game night for it. I think there will be at least 5-6 people who grab this on release, which is almost a full team. Probably will have a full team come release time.

Please wear masks online.

brinkmasks.jpg

[quote name='Necrozilla']Please wear masks online.

brinkmasks.jpg
[/QUOTE]
It is too bad a lot of the creativity that could happen with the customization of appearance will actually result in most people doing their best to blend in with the environments.

It will most likely result in many players all looking the same with bland appearances in the interest of gaining a slight advantage.

At least the gun customization engine will be fun and used to the fullest.

I don't get the masks online thing.
Anyway, I have decided to buy the fucking game. I am also getting a 360 now for this pointless PSN thing. I have waited quite a while and now it's over even if it comes back in 1 minute IDC because I have made-up my mind.

[quote name='serenitygod']I don't get the masks online thing.
Anyway, I have decided to buy the fucking game. I am also getting a 360 now for this pointless PSN thing. I have waited quite a while and now it's over even if it comes back in 1 minute IDC because I have made-up my mind.[/QUOTE]
So you bought a 360 because you were too impatient to wait for PSN(a free service) to come back online?:roll:

I really do not blame Sony for wanting to make sure their servers are 100% secure BEFORE relaunching the network across the globe.

Not to mention they just found out their SOE servers were hacked as well, so they have to try and secure THOSE as well.

Chances are the service will be back up before this weekend, but even if it isn't it'll give me more time to work on my gaming backlog and going through the incredible single player games I have sitting here collecting dust.;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']So you bought a 360 because you were too impatient to wait for PSN(a free service) to come back online?:roll:

I really do not blame Sony for wanting to make sure their servers are 100% secure BEFORE relaunching the network across the globe.

Not to mention they just found out their SOE servers were hacked as well, so they have to try and secure THOSE as well.

Chances are the service will be back up before this weekend, but even if it isn't it'll give me more time to work on my gaming backlog and going through the incredible single player games I have sitting here collecting dust.;)[/QUOTE]

I was gonna say something a long those lines as well. But he's already made up his mind, so I really don't understand why he posted. If anything he should be celebrating in the xbox360 forums, not crying in the PS3 forums.

I guess people get a kick out of hearing their own head rattle.

It just amazes me how many people just want what they want and they want it NOW and if it can't happen right this nanosecond for them then they get impatient and angry over it.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be mad as hell at Sony for not having their servers secured IF I had credit/debit card info on there, but I didn't so I can sit here and play through the MK story mode and/or one of the multiple single player experiences I've been able to afford since I joined CAG.

But hey, more money for the other companies from all of the folks buying their consoles.;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']It just amazes me how many people just want what they want and they want it NOW and if it can't happen right this nanosecond for them then they get impatient and angry over it.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be mad as hell at Sony for not having their servers secured IF I had credit/debit card info on there, but I didn't so I can sit here and play through the MK story mode and/or one of the multiple single player experiences I've been able to afford since I joined CAG.

But hey, more money for the other companies from all of the folks buying their consoles.;)[/QUOTE]

Why did the turdburglar post in here in regards to getting an Xbox? :roll:

So what are we looking at here, folks? how many people can we have on a team and who is getting this day one?

Less than a week away- should we try to start planning a game night?

I am in, but may not be on release... I will have it by June, but who knows by then how well you are all working together.

Depending on the network and how much crap I can get done this week, I may opt to pick it up next week.

guys i think i hurt serenitygods feelings

"go fuck yourself then. I told you to play nice on here and you are a little trolling bitch. I was nice before now you can have sodomy with satan you ass-face"

[quote name='8bitArtist']guys i think i hurt serenitygods feelings

"go fuck yourself then. I told you to play nice on here and you are a little trolling bitch. I was nice before now you can have sodomy with satan you ass-face"[/QUOTE]

I think we all got that nice little PM from serenitygod. Mine was a little bit nicer and longer then yours though. He didn't call me a trolling bitch......So harsh.

Someone said that they expect everyone to look the same and try to blend in with the environment. This game is about movement and objectives so I doubt that will happen here.

I was just at brinkthegame.com and under features/customization that have a gallery of a TON of different looks you can have.

>>New info on the battlefield via video here.

Pretty cool how the mines don't go off until you step off of them. So if you wait, you can have teammate disarm them. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='NamPaehc']Pretty cool how the mines don't go off until you step off of them. So if you wait, you can have teammate disarm them. :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, really neat. Of course, you could be sitting there waiting to get shot too... but it's nice to have the option.

And look at TF2... all the hats and silly stuff make you stand out, but people don't care. Almost everyone goes as crazy as possible. I just want to have fun. :D

bread's done
Back