Burnout Paradise GS Drop $19.99 PS3/X360

Wanna buy it.. but I think I should wait for the Ultimate Box.. I heard there is going to be couple more features in it. Still, this is a great deal. Gameplay looks so niceeeeee. Nice find OP.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']THANKS ALOT! And here I thought GS was the devil! Apparently some good deals can be scored from them.

EDIT - When you say GS gives you 20% coupons - do I have to sign up for an email list or something?[/quote]

Just go to gamestop.com and subscribe to their newsletter, and they will send you the coupons every Friday via e-mail. Also, they're posted here in the weekly gamestop ad thread

is this game a lot better than the demo? I loved burnout revenge but I couldn't get into the way paradise worked as an open world kinda thing on the demo.

[quote name='kidrocklive']is this game a lot better than the demo? I loved burnout revenge but I couldn't get into the way paradise worked as an open world kinda thing on the demo.[/quote]

The gameplay is essentially the same, but its much easier to find events than it is in the demo. There is an event at every intersection.

Overall, its a pretty good game, but I still prefer Revenge and Takedown.

Anyone on the fence I'm telling you to buy it. This may be the best racing game in the last 5 years. As far as restarting, yes it would have been nice to click restart. That being said just pick a differant event as there are events EVERYWHERE. Its really not as big of a deal as people make it out to be. 100% this is a must buy, awesome game. 9.5 outta 10. Buy it now. Stop reading. Go buy it. Now.

[quote name='1Sail0r']But who do you play with? I can imagine having fun with this game and playing online if you have friends that also own it, but none of my friends do :( Is it still worth getting in that case?[/QUOTE]

I've amassed about 10 people that I don't know in real life over Live who play on a regular basis. It's such a great game.

I'll be picking this up again, thanks.

The only really annoying thing about the game is that once you get towards the end where you have several specific events left, driving back to the start every time is really annoying. It's not as bad early on since there's many events spread out everywhere, but when you're trying for a specific one that's tough to get, it's bad.

And the online is kinda meh - Those little challenges and stuff can be fun, but it lacks focus. It feels like about half the time you're just driving around randomly waiting for other people to do stuff.

[quote name='jer7583']
The only really annoying thing about the game is that once you get towards the end where you have several specific events left, driving back to the start every time is really annoying. It's not as bad early on since there's many events spread out everywhere, but when you're trying for a specific one that's tough to get, it's bad.

And the online is kinda meh - Those little challenges and stuff can be fun, but it lacks focus. It feels like about half the time you're just driving around randomly waiting for other people to do stuff.[/QUOTE]

qft, although if you are playing with people and talking with them it's a little better. Definitely worth it IMO.

[quote name='1Sail0r']But who do you play with? I can imagine having fun with this game and playing online if you have friends that also own it, but none of my friends do :( Is it still worth getting in that case?[/quote]

At that price make them get it.

[quote name='BLAZETIGER']Does anyone know how this game compares to Midnight Club LA?[/QUOTE]

More fun to me than MC:LA. I actually sold off my copy of MC:LA. Burnout Paradise is a slick game.

The Ultimate Box doesn't seem worth it to those that are waiting. It's looking like it will be $40, you get all the same content that's free right now, and you're paying the Burnout Party add-on, which adds offline "pass the controller" multiplayer, which will most likely be an 800 point download.

I haven't picked this game up yet, but does not having a Retry really suck? If it saves me time & frustration, I might just get the Ultimate Box.

Looks like this is a universal price drop. I just came from Best Buy where they had the PS3 version in a Greatest Hits box for $19.99. Looks like they have it on their website as well.

PS3 Version: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...rnout&lp=4&type=product&cp=1&id=1195599475768

Xbox 360 Version: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...rnout&lp=3&type=product&cp=1&id=1195599476074

I will also echo what others have said about the game. I've spent more time playing this game than any other game on my Xbox 360. Great game!

[quote name='whoknows']Fun game.

I still hate the open world aspect though. They could have at least included a "retry" option when you didn't win an event.[/QUOTE]

I personally find the open world aspect to be the best part about it, I'm sick of closed circuit racers, way to may of 'em.

[quote name='menikmati']I haven't picked this game up yet, but does not having a Retry really suck? If it saves me time & frustration, I might just get the Ultimate Box.[/QUOTE]

Not having a Retry totally sucks! Also, even if you are 5-10 minutes behind & in total last place, you STILL have to cross the finish line, before you can start another race.:cry: According to the developers, we the "consumer" wanted this. :roll:

I rented it, got a bunch of achievements. Ended up buying it from Gamefly for $10.00. Never played it (barely any of my "racing friends" have it). Traded it to GS a few months ago for $20.00.

Don't get me wrong, I used to LOVE the Burnout Series & all the free DLC is way cool, but I feel that Paradise shows Burnout is heading in the same "confused" direction as the NFS series, you know?

Tempting, I just returned my clearance copy at BBV for the same price. But Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box will be released soon with more features, some of which will be charged to download. Depends on what they charge, I believe it will be $5-10. So its not too bad if you get this deal and buy the new content coming soon. I believe the ultimate box will be $39.99 because amazon is taking preorders for the pc version. Im sure there will be a deal on this sooner rather than later so ill hold out.

Some features will only be available in Ultimate Box like the "restart" button which many people wish they fixed. Here are some articles.

http://www.criteriongames.com/article.php?artID=370

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/32186/Burnout-Paradise-The-Ultimate-Box-revs-its-engine

Just bought this at GameStop last week for $30. Does anyone know if GamesStop does Price Adjustments? Thanks!

[quote name='Siberkat'] Also, even if you are 5-10 minutes behind & in total last place, you STILL have to cross the finish line, before you can start another race.[/QUOTE]

Not true, all you have to do is come to a complete stop, then the race ends.

Just snagged this at bestbuy.com with free shipping and used the purchase towards my gamer points. Thanks Op! Really looking forward to playing the game with the fake de lorean/ecto-1!

Quick question: If I bought this for $29.99 from GameStop on 01/08/09, and I still have the receipt, will I be able to get $10.00 back? If so, how long do I have? It doesn't say anything on the receipt about price matching.

No retry option is kind of funky at first but easy to get used to. There is a ton of driving to be done and races around every corner.

You can also exit a race by entering showtime mode.

I love Burnout Paradise -> it is one of THE MOST polished experiences you'll get for $20!

Any advice whether I should get this game on the Xbox 360 or PS3? None of my friends have it on Xbox, so that factor doesn't come into play this time.

[quote name='jfinney_666']Quick question: If I bought this for $29.99 from GameStop on 01/08/09, and I still have the receipt, will I be able to get $10.00 back? If so, how long do I have? It doesn't say anything on the receipt about price matching.[/quote]

Just buy a new copy and return it with the old receipt - or doesn't GS open their games? They did last I remember so how do they know whether its "new" or not? In that case can you just return as long as it is in the return period? This will date me, but I still remember finding Red Faction 2 "new" for 19.99 there one day and buying it only to realize it was "new" opened! Minor inconvenience, but odd policy.

[quote name='whoknows']Fun game.

I still hate the open world aspect though. They could have at least included a "retry" option when you didn't win an event.[/QUOTE]

I picked this up for $17 (free shipping) from Blockbuster online a few weeks ago . . . what a disappointment.

This a terrific game but I enjoyed Revenge so much better.

The lack of a restart is a big issue.

[quote name='kidrocklive']is this game a lot better than the demo? I loved burnout revenge but I couldn't get into the way paradise worked as an open world kinda thing on the demo.[/QUOTE]

I like the full game better than the demo but I thought Revenge was more fun to play--I loved the crash scenarios where the camera would pan over your damage after the stunt.

Playing this has led me to purchase the 360 version of Revenge so I can go back and replay it.

It's more fun than the demo, but not as much fun as Revenge. It's worth about $20, to find all the hidden things. But you'd probably be just as happy renting it.

I'm so tempted to just wait for the Ultimate thing to come out. What do you guys think? or is the ultimate pack thing going to have DLC?

Wouldn't it just be cheaper to buy this and the Party pack as DLC. The only diffrence i see is that the Ultimate box will have the DLC all on one disc.

will there be any exclusive content on the ultimate box?

[quote name='n00bie']40 bucks[/quote]

Really? Has this been confirmed?
If it has....

Then lol, forget it.
I'll get the game now for $20, and download the 2 free packs (Cagney & Bikes).

I'm sure the Paradise Party mode and the retry option isn't worth the extra $20, at least not for me.............

[quote name='david12795']Oh so there's no way to buy the game right now and download the ultimate pack later (if they do have that) on PSN and install it right to the game? if not, i'd rather just wait for the ultimate. :D

I'm in no rush anyway. I need money to pay for gas, sats, and other school stuff.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure they'll make the Ultimate Pack download available to people that already have the game. Personally, I'm waiting for the Ulitmate just to save H/D space.

the party pack is awful and shouldn't cost more than $10 (800 points). I got the game when it originally came out and like it a lot. I've had a renewed interest to play it recently because of all the updates. Definitely worth $20 for fans of fun.

[quote name='Serpent01']Wouldn't it just be cheaper to buy this and the Party pack as DLC. The only diffrence i see is that the Ultimate box will have the DLC all on one disc.

will there be any exclusive content on the ultimate box?[/QUOTE]

The Ultimate Box will be available in Feb 2009 and will contain:

The original Burnout Paradise
Codename: Cagney
Burnout Bikes
Burnout Paradise Party
Plus a mountain of new refinements

No idea what the last part is. I heard a rumour it's going to include a patch that'll give you the option to restart races and not have to drive all the way back to the start, but that's just a rumour.

Any chances that the price of it drops to $19 on the PSN as well? I've got $40 in PSN cardage still alive. Would love to drop part of it on this game.

Hmmm...Ultimate Box doesn't seem really worth it to me. Think I'll just wait for the coupon, use the Edge and get it used as cheap as possible. :twisted:

bread's done
Back