Buy 2 Get 1 Free PS3 Games Target - YMMV

hotrocks

CAGiversary!
Feedback
30 (100%)
Buy 2 Get 1 Free PS3 Games. Free game must be equal or lesser value. Valid on all games $59.99 or less, so all regular games pretty much.

I found it on the inside slip of the front cover of the ad...it seems to be YMMV.

I'm in Maryland, others in Texas, Minnesota, Alabama, Oklahoma Virginia, Tennessee, Illinois, South Carolina, North Dakota have it. Florida, Nevada, California, New York, Arizona people do not.
You can check your area's ad on line by changing your zip code to see who and who doesn't have it.

Scan thanks to CocheseUGA

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, fuck...I did NOT need to see this. I've been trying to clear out my backlog and I do not need any temptation to add to it.

Thanks, OP.

[quote name='McNutsack']Well, I have all those too, lol.

I decided:
LBP
Valkyrie Chronicles

Would need one more.
I may just have to settle for a non-exclusive title.

My Target NEVER has games under 59.99. Some of you guys are lucky with the clearance stuff.[/QUOTE]

I looked for Valkyria Chronicles at my local Target a couple weeks back and they didn't have it. The game didn't sell well and I think most Targets might not even have it in stock.

I can see maybe getting Singstar Vol 2 and Abba. Not sure what the third game would be though. I probably won't get anything.

I work at Target, YES its true.

It takes effect on Sunday Jan 24 and lasts until saturday, its in the ad.

Theres also a bonus deal where if you buy a $399 ps3 and the 47' Sony TV, you get $250 off the price. If you sign up for a Target card you'll also get an additional 10% off the price. Technically speaking, you could get a ps3 for under $150.

I sent a message to speedy yesterday and i guess he hasnt been on the boards to update.

[quote name='ChoCoBoI']would it be considered return fraud if you buy two games and get a 3rd free one, then return two of the games if you dont like it?[/quote]

If you return a game with the reciept, target adjust the price accordingly so you cant scam them.
If you try to return without a reciept, POS will refuse it. There is a max $35 per item on no-reciept returns.

[quote name='cire1987']Would it be possible to use games as place holders until say killzone 2?[/quote]
i'd like to know this too. sf4, re5, and killzone would be ideal for me.

[quote name='limelight022']If you return a game with the reciept, target adjust the price accordingly so you cant scam them.
If you try to return without a reciept, POS will refuse it. There is a max $35 per item on no-reciept returns.[/quote]

Or just return it to walmart with no reciept and get credit.

[quote name='bjstucker']Or just return it to walmart with no receipt and get credit.[/quote]

I've taken 5 games back to Walmart , no receipt, no problem.

However, recently, they did not let me return Alone in the Dark or Infinite Undiscovery, which I got for $10 each (wouldve made great profit)

so maybe it was bad luck that specific DAY, or maybe they're changing their ways and require a receipt; they told me I needed one.

I read that Walmart recently changed their return policy, as of January 09 ... basically, if you don't have a receipt just about anywhere now, you're screwed ... or so it would seem. Oh, and not to continue raining on the parade, but good luck finding Valkyria Chronicles at any Target http://www.target.com/Valkyria-Chro...&index=target&rh=k:valkyria chronicles&page=1
" Availability:
Usually ships in 1 to 2 business days
This item is available online, but is not available in stores."

[quote name='bjstucker']Or just return it to walmart with no reciept and get credit.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='McNutsack']I've taken 5 games back to Walmart , no receipt, no problem.

However, recently, they did not let me return Alone in the Dark or Infinite Undiscovery, which I got for $10 each (wouldve made great profit)

so maybe it was bad luck that specific DAY, or maybe they're changing their ways and require a receipt; they told me I needed one.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bjstucker']Actually Best Buy still does for Store credit as well.[/QUOTE]

Wow, this thread is being overtaken by fraud talk :nottalking:

[quote name='Viol8tor']NICEE!!!!!!

I can score little big planet and uncharted, but not sure what to pick as my 3rd game.

I already have Ressi.2 and MGS4. Im looking for PS3 exclusives. any help?[/quote]

valkaryia chronicles

Is LBP... like... worth it? If I'm only going to play it single player?

Sadly I already have Valkyria Chronicles and MGS4 is another pile of Kojima wankery, so that leaves LBP, Resistance 2, and... I dunno.

[quote name='sonofliberty87']Is there any chance Best Buy will honor this?[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Go in with the ad, find three games you want and bring the whole kit either to customer service or a register and ask for a price match. Whatever you do, don't call ahead.

I bought Skate 2 at Best Buy two days ago. If I was able to price match this deal at Best Buy would I be able to buy Little Big Planet, Valkyria Chronicles, and add the Skate 2 I bought 2 days ago? Or am I just going to have to find myself another third game?

yeah im the same situation with you prolific...i had store cred from best buy (by returning something without reciept, so as of a week ago they still do it at my store atleast) and got skate 2 when it came out...
would be cool if they honored it, almost positive they dont tho

[quote name='Prolific']I bought Skate 2 at Best Buy two days ago. If I was able to price match this deal at Best Buy would I be able to buy Little Big Planet, Valkyria Chronicles, and add the Skate 2 I bought 2 days ago? Or am I just going to have to find myself another third game?[/QUOTE]

Buy LBP, VC, and another copy of Skate 2 at Target. Return Skate 2 to Best Buy.

And no, it's not fucking return fraud, before all the mouthbreathing armchair attorneys get all hot and bothered.

"I bought Skate 2 at Best Buy two days ago from Best Buy. If I was able to price match this at Best Buy would I be able to buy Little Big Planet, Valkyria Chronicles, and add the Skate 2 I bought 2 days ago? Or am I just going to have to find myself a third game?"

You could buy Skate 2, VC, and LBP at Target. Go to Best Buy and return the new, unopened Skate 2 for your money back.

Damn.. just when I decided not to buy anymore games.. haha damn.. I'll stop by Target tomorrow and check it out. Thanks OP with da info !

Evidently the mods don't appreciate clarification on return policies ... regardless ... Target doesn't carry Valkyria Chronicles in stores anymore, according to their website ... so if you can find it, get it ... but it's going to be tough considering PS3 is by far the smallest section of the videogame area at Target.

I doubt Best Buy will honor it, I asked back when Toys R Us did that and they told me no. Good looking out though.

Actually, with Best Buy YMMV, as I was able to get one of my local Best Buys to price match Toys R Us ... your best bet is to take a hard copy of the ad into Best Buy (find one near a Target, they tend to be grouped frequently) and see what happens ... ya know ... if you really, really want Valkyria Chronicles

[quote name='sonofliberty87']Is there any chance Best Buy will honor this?[/quote]

Highly doubtful, YMMV at best. They specifically state in their pricematch that bundle deals including "Buy X, Get Y free" such as this are not honored...

yeah mods are taking some posts out, but the returning unopened skate 2 would work for me..never thought of that, since i do have the reciept.

hmm now what should my two games be? got lbp, got cod waw, got r2...dont want chronicles.....maybe mirrors edge and fallout? or maybe get some skate 2s and ebay em?

Anyone know if they have SMVR2009? I just got one from walmart but havent opened it, would be nice to take that back then grab it at target with heavenly sword and another game...

[quote name='lord_ebonstone']Buy LBP, VC, and another copy of Skate 2 at Target. Return Skate 2 to Best Buy.

And no, it's not fucking return fraud, before all the mouthbreathing armchair attorneys get all hot and bothered.[/QUOTE]

Obviously that wouldn't be return fraud because he legitimately purchased Skate 2 at BB and will be returning a copy of Skate 2 to BB with a legitimate receipt.

Target has a 90 day return policy. Just buy any 3 games now and you can trade for the games you want in a month or 2. SF4,RE5,Killzone,GH Metallica. Just dont open em and keep your receipt.

[quote name='speedrunner17']Target has a 90 day return policy. Just buy any 3 games now and you can trade for the games you want in a month or 2. SF4,RE5,Killzone,GH Metallica. Just dont open em and keep your receipt.[/quote]

If it was part of a deal, like this, do you have to return all the games? What if you just want to return one of them?

how much does target sell burnout paradise for now?
i've seen it going for 20 bucks at gamestop and some other stores, but i thought i saw it for 30 at target...i would want to get burnout for 20 and maybe get bioshock with the coupon (making it 30 bucks) to be able to get another game free. Otherwise i think i might just get bioshock for 20 at BB this week...

[quote name='gmfuu']If it was part of a deal, like this, do you have to return all the games? What if you just want to return one of them?[/quote]

I think you only need to return one. Its really just trading the game you have for one that wasnt in yet. An example could be you returning RB2 for SF4 they would be the same price so I dont think it would matter. Its like going to one store and getting a game for the 360 and exchanging it for the PS3 version at another store as long as they're the same price. You would have already paid for and got the deal so I cant see them being able to take it away from you. Plus if its sealed with a receipt I dont see a problem with it.

I want Valkyria Chronicles, LBP, and Resistance 2 but I don't think mine would have chronicles I really hope Amazon Price Matches this though they don't PM when TRU does it

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='speedrunner17']Target has a 90 day return policy. Just buy any 3 games now and you can trade for the games you want in a month or 2. SF4,RE5,Killzone,GH Metallica. Just dont open em and keep your receipt.[/quote]
Has anyone actually done this before?

[quote name='DKYang']Has anyone actually done this before?[/quote]

I tried it with TRU and it worked. I think it should work with target aswell.

I don't think it will work to hold and return at target. I am a pretty consistent target shopper and noticed that when i buy anything that is free when I buy multiples, the price of each is adjusted. 33% off each game (assuming they are all the same price). So you can return just one game but you won't get 59.99 back for it, you will get back the adjusted 1/3rd off. I think, at least.

[quote name='ilifecomputer']I don't think it will work to hold and return at target. I am a pretty consistent target shopper and noticed that when i buy anything that is free when I buy multiples, the price of each is adjusted. 33% off each game (assuming they are all the same price). So you can return just one game but you won't get 59.99 back for it, you will get back the adjusted 1/3rd off. I think, at least.[/quote]

I wouldnt return it though. Just exchange it for a similar item.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']No. Target does no price matching.[/quote]
Correct, the dude at the Marietta store laughed in my face when I asked a while back.

bread's done
Back