Buy 2, Get 1 Free Select Titles at Amazon

getfckedx

CAGiversary!
[IMG-R=5838]18997[/IMG-R]Partially matching Best Buy's Sunday ad promotion, Amazon is running a buy 2, get 1 free sale on select titles. Be sure NOT to use 1-Click checkout or the discount will not apply. The promotion likely ends January 22nd.

iconamazon.gif
Buy 2, Get 1 Free Select Titles at Amazon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='getfckedx']it was showing 8 in stock a minute ago, now its saying 2 to 4 weeks, so it looks like people jumped on the flip.[/QUOTE]

yup :) will make that extra move controller even cheaper.

Yeah I went ahead and jumped on the flip. If they don't make it in time for my locked in $69 TIV from Amazon ($23 x 3). I'll just return them to Amazon.

[quote name='confoosious']except the type of people who would flip mutliple sets of 3s (jesus, really?) would just send in their games late and expect noram to still accept them.[/QUOTE]

Yeah no doubt. I have no idea how forgiving they are about receiving late games. I know they say they'll give you the current TIV but I don't know if they stick to that.

Finally they did this. Now, to find 3 games that qualify that I want. And haven't already decided to get elsewhere. That aren't at MSRP or within a buck or two of it.

Yeah, I'm not gonna find anything.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I'm surprised at the very limited selection, hopefully they'll add some more games.[/QUOTE]

Ghost Trick is in there but nothing else anywhere close in the price range... maybe Kirby?

[quote name='Trance Addix']That's not a bad flip, but keep in mind that there is a chance of the trade being denied for a falsified reason (usually damage).[/QUOTE]

If its sealed it should be fine, I just had two copies of splatterhouse accepted today for $30 each even though trade in value is like 15 atm, so I still have faith in them not being crooks.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Yeah no doubt. I have no idea how forgiving they are about receiving late games. I know they say they'll give you the current TIV but I don't know if they stick to that.[/QUOTE]

Too bad they don't just connect the dots and see you're buying 3 and trading in 3 and just move it from their shipping area and send it to the trade in portion of the Amazon warehouses and give you the money :p

But that would be too easy.. :p

Well it's hard to flip in multiple sets of 3. You'll need to have multiple amazon accounts and to me that isn't worth it, besides I don't mind flipping, but I do believe in sharing the wealth. Just glad myself and a few others got in on this oversight in time.

[quote name='edson13']If its sealed it should be fine, I just had two copies of splatterhouse accepted today for $30 each even though trade in value is like 15 atm, so I still have faith in them not being crooks.[/QUOTE]

I've had the same happen to me...the value drops but they still accept the games so I have faith in them so far also

[quote name='abhinav']Ghost Trick is in there but nothing else anywhere close in the price range... maybe Kirby?[/QUOTE]
Given the limited selection, it might be worth getting the Ghost Trick bundle at Capcom's site instead.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Well it's hard to flip in multiple sets of 3. You'll need to have multiple amazon accounts and to me that isn't worth it, besides I don't mind flipping, but I do believe in sharing the wealth. Just glad myself and a few others got in on this oversight in time.[/QUOTE]

I'm glad slickdeals didn't catch on to this until too late or else they probably would have killed it much sooner

[quote name='edson13']If its sealed it should be fine, I just had two copies of splatterhouse accepted today for $30 each even though trade in value is like 15 atm, so I still have faith in them not being crooks.[/QUOTE]

Oh for the most part they are good, but that chance exists nonetheless. Just trying to keep everyone informed :)

Worst case scenario is to be stuck with three open Mafia II games. I'm basing my statements on the "horror" stories from the Amazon trade thread.

For all of you wanna-be-flippers (and I mean no disrespect, honestly), the Mafia 2 (360) flip is now dead. They've changed the price to $39.99.

[quote name='ragingst0rm6']For all of you wanna-be-flippers (and I mean no disrespect, honestly), the Mafia 2 (360) flip is now dead. They've changed the price to $39.99.[/QUOTE]

Yeah just noticed that myself. I think they forgot to change the price before the B2G1 went into effect. Glad we got in on it before then.

[quote name='confoosious']thanks OP. browsing through the selection now.

Also In before the "amazon raised prices for B2G1" whining.[/QUOTE]

damn this guy ALWAYS cries and bitches about people complaining. Dude you are more annoying than the complainers and whiners sheesh

I've played a Sherlock Holmes game (Mystery of the Mummy) and it's nowhere close to being as good as a Prof Layton game. And the puzzles aren't really in the same vein. It's almost like 999 but nowhere near as good. Nowhere.

I finished it for the hell of it but wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

edit: this looks to be by the same developers but a completely different art style. Now I'm confused.

billydeewilliams - and what exactly are you doing? go suck an egg.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Yeah just noticed that myself. I think they forgot to change the price before the B2G1 went into effect. Glad we got in on it before then.[/QUOTE]

Amazon should hire some of us CAGs to do a once over of their deals before they go live so they don't have stuff like this happen.

[quote name='Dwarfman']Amazon should hire some of us CAGs to do a once over of their deals before they go live so they don't have stuff like this happen.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah right, like any of us would prevent mistakes from happening. Pretty sure they'd be a lot more of them actually :D

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Yeah just noticed that myself. I think they forgot to change the price before the B2G1 went into effect. Glad we got in on it before then.[/QUOTE]

I actually have the trade-in locked in, but by the time I realized I couldn't do the Two-day One-click -> Change quantity to 3 (hoping for faster shipping), they'd already increased the price to $39.99. :bomb:

Oh well, at least I didn't get locked into buying 3 copies (i.e., shipping soon), and then watching the trade-in value plummet...

[quote name='ssjmichael']Oh yeah right, like any of us would prevent mistakes from happening. Pretty sure they'd be a lot more of them actually :D[/QUOTE]

Maybe that IS what happened!!! I bet someone in Amazon has a stockpile of Mafia 2 on the Xbox 360 and just unloaded them. It's like their own version of insider trading... :O

CONSPIRACY!!

Man I'd love to pick up a combo of any of the following 3: RB3, Vanquish, NFS:HP, Blur, Front Mission, or Fallout 3 GOTY.

The prices seem like they are kinda high though. Blur & Front Mission in particular have been/should still be ~$20. Would have gladly gone the cheap pickup route with those 2 and tatsunoku. Maybe they will lower the prices before the sale expires? Wishful thinking I'm sure.

[quote name='ragingst0rm6']I actually have the trade-in locked in, but by the time I realized I couldn't do the Two-day One-click -> Change quantity to 3 (hoping for faster shipping), they'd already increased the price to $39.99. :bomb:

Oh well, at least I didn't get locked into buying 3 copies (i.e., shipping soon), and then watching the trade-in value plummet...[/QUOTE]

Yeah that would suck. The funny thing was the sequence of events that lead me to find the flip.

I saw the thread about the CE on amazon, so I own the game itself so I wanted to see if I could upgrade mine by trading it in and buying the CE with my credit. I did the same think with TFU. Traded in for $30 bought the CE for $40, so for $10 got the upgrade (TFU2 only cost me $12.50 so for 22.50 I got the CE, got enough for me).

I saw there wasn't really a good flip, but found it odd how the price for the 360 standard was $20.99, but the TIV was $23. Not worth doing for $6, but funny none the less. I know it happens rarely, but I still find it odd. Then I saw the B2G1 thread and went to check it out and I saw Mafia 2 listed under the 360 games.

[quote name='fakeemailwps']shame they jacked up the prices. GT5 was $44 earlier today. I bought LBP2 and ME2 anyways.[/QUOTE]

The $44 was Target's price. But yeah besides that, they did raise the price on a few titles.

I think I've been spoiled by the Gamefly sales over the past few months because I can't find any combination that seems like a good deal when I look at the price per game.

Noticed Etrian Odyssey 3 for DS was on the list of games and wanted to give it a recommendation if you enjoy old-school, first-person RPGs. According to camel, it's the lowest price that Amazon has listed it at 27.99(though it's only 2 bucks off).

Also, seems like they still have the artbook promotion available.

Cant reccomend DC UNIVERSE online enough!

I would do this if LBP2 CE was in on it, then again...its already shipped to me, so therefore i would have gotten screwed on this anyways. Reminds me of when i got fable 3 and sims 3 and they offered a free game....day after they both released. i was fucking pissed, and CS did nothing for me.

[quote name='Cybolt']Noticed Etrian Odyssey 3 for DS was on the list of games and wanted to give it a recommendation if you enjoy old-school, first-person RPGs. According to camel, it's the lowest price that Amazon has listed it at 27.99(though it's only 2 bucks off).

Also, seems like they still have the artbook promotion available.[/QUOTE]

they sell the artbook at my local frys for 5 bucks

I know I shouldn't spend anymore money but I couldn't resist. Picked up Etrian Odyssey 3, Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective, and Ys: The Oath in Felghana

[quote name='B:L']Tatsunoko vs Capcom for the Wii is hiding in the XBOX 360 section...[/QUOTE]

It was doing that the last time they had a B2G1 free sale (I think it was in the beginning of November). How strange.

Would be nice if they added the PC versions of the games to this also. Still thanks for posting this OP some titles I would pick up but lacking the cash as of right now.

[quote name='Big St3ph3n']Cant reccomend DC UNIVERSE online enough!

I would do this if LBP2 CE was in on it, then again...its already shipped to me, so therefore i would have gotten screwed on this anyways. Reminds me of when i got fable 3 and sims 3 and they offered a free game....day after they both released. i was fucking pissed, and CS did nothing for me.[/QUOTE]
DC Universe Online will be $39.99 by March. Hopefully the subscription fee of $15 a month will get a discount.

Seen the press release by Sony? They're claiming this game has already been sold out in most US Retailers. LMAO!

More units of DCUO are otw to retail. The game is sold out in a lot of stores. Sorry. More coming asap
But strangely, they wouldn't release the US sales figures.

Even more strange is that the game is actually not doing so hot in the UK placing only No. 10 for the week, which is not good for a newly released game that's supposed to be a big hit. It couldn't even outsell Fallout New Vegas which is already 3 months old.

SOE's actually desperate to market this game by pulling the 'ol *The Game is Sold Out* blah-blah by limiting quantities. But truth is, it's basically always been in stock and ready to ship at Amazon, Gamestop, Best Buy, Walmart, and Target even with the limited quantities.

[quote name='Ratchet & CAG'] SOE's actually desperate to market this game by pulling the 'ol *The Game is Sold Out* blah-blah by limiting quantities. But truth is, it's basically always been in stock and ready to ship at Amazon, Gamestop, Best Buy, Walmart, and Target even with the limited quantities.[/QUOTE]

Sounds alot like Microsoft and Kinect supposedly being sold out everywhere. lawls. I think my Best Buy has about 100 Kinect's stacked up in 6 different parts of the store.

I'm not sure if this helps anyone out, but the last two Professor Layton games qualify for this deal.

Sweet! There are a couple games that I'm interested in... hopefully I can get my Mass Effect credit before this promotion ends :/

Meh, I was hoping to use my Amazon credit too. I would have gotten Rock Band 3, Borderlands GOTY and... no Black Ops? Maybe I'd just spent my cash on a Twisted Metal pre-order :)

bread's done
Back