Buy 2 Get 1 Free Vita Games Matched by Amazon

slappynutz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...d_t=101&pf_rd_p=1346912522&pf_rd_i=3010556011

Took a while to find it, and it doesn't show up reliably on the Vita Store page for some reason, but was able to order Rayman, MvC3, and Wipeout.

*Edit*

Here are the games:

Uncharted
Rayman Origins
Hot Shots Golf
Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3
Fifa Soccer
Wipeout 2048
Lumines
Modnation Racers
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend
Little Deviants
Dungeon Hunter Alliance
Army Corps of Hell
Asphalt: Injection
F1 2011
Ben 10 Galactic Racing
Michael Jackson The Experience

No idea why repeat visits to the Amazon Vita Store don't get the 2 for 1 to show up, but I saw it briefly, ordered, and saved the address to post here. Worked fine for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish Mortal Kombat came out this week so it would have been included in this sale >_< guess I'll try and see what game will be my 3rd (HSG / UMVC3 the first 2)

bought hot shots from amazon when it was $30. it's still sealed so i can return it. i would probably do that and re-order with another to get a free game, but hot shots is back up to $40, so it kills the deal for me.

Amazon has two games I want on that list, don't know about one that would be that third. The Target here seems to be not screwy like the rest. So I may have to go with them. Tax isn't as bad if you figure in the red card and whatnot. You don't have to wait for it to ship either.

[quote name='pjb16']Damn, wonder if I should call? Live chatting didn't yield me any results.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, same here, I just live chatted with someone and they said I couldn't do it because I didn't purchase the games within the promotional period.

I'm going to hold off until the end of the week to see if they add a couple of the missing games.
Some of the responses from CS stated they would pass along the games to see if they can be added.

I have plenty to play until the end of the promo anyway.
Uncharted is actually pretty great despite my initial skepticism, and Hot Shots Golf is relaxing.

[quote name='Little_BombA']Thanks OP and thanks Amazon :applause:
Uncharted
Rayman Origins
Wipeout 2048
Lumines
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend[/QUOTE]

Masterful selection there.

[quote name='Little_BombA']Thanks OP and thanks Amazon :applause:
Uncharted
Rayman Origins
Wipeout 2048
Lumines
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend[/QUOTE]

I ordered Uncharted, Rayman Origins, Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3. I would have ordered Lumines and wipeout but I want Ninja Gaiden as the third game. If that gets added on the 22nd then I'll be making another order.

Amazing deal, props to Amazon for matching.

Finally got blazblue, rayman, and lumines. Wanted to like target deal but the employees just kept giving me crap about not having games or the deal not starting till later this week. Either way had enough with target and thank goodness for amazon.

[quote name='Bronson-Lee']I got Rayman, Lumines, and FIFA. SO GUD.[/QUOTE]

Those are the exact same games I was about to order

hahaha awesome my chat with amazon netted me a $40 gc for the blazblue I bought. the best part? I bought hot shots when it was $30 so they gave me the most expensive game for free!

[quote name='chicagocubsfan']hahaha awesome my chat with amazon netted me a $40 gc for the blazblue I bought. the best part? I bought hot shots when it was $30 so they gave me the most expensive game for free![/QUOTE]
Yea, phone chat netted me Rayman.

Guy on the phone had trouble finding the deal though, so it took a little longer than either of us anticipated I think.

Haha, Rayman is suddenly shooting up the charts on Amazon. As of now its #8 in Vita sales, the only actual game ahead of it is Uncharted.

[quote name='pjb16']Yea, phone chat netted me Rayman.

Guy on the phone had trouble finding the deal though, so it took a little longer than either of us anticipated I think.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to call CS then. What did you say to the rep that allowed you to get credit for the deal?

Ordered Wipeout 2048 on the 10th for $30. Spoke with an Amazon CSR via Live Chat and he told me I would need to order all 3 at the same time to get the discount. I asked him if he could credit me for the cost of the cheapest game if I ordered 2 and he told me he was checking on it. He came back to me saying to order the 2 games I wanted (Rayman and Blazblue), and he would refund me for the cheapest of that order. So now I'm getting Blazblue for free. It's like I paid $70 for 3 games.

I am currently going overboard on the Vita with these deals. Here is my list:

PS Vita WiFi/3G Launch Bundle - $240
PS Vita Travel Case - $15
Uncharted - $35
Lumines - $40 (Target B2G1)
Marvel vs Capcom - $40 (Target B2G1)
Modnation Racers - $0 (Target B2G1)
Wipeout 2048 - $30 (Amazon)
Rayman Origins - $40 (Amazon B2G1)
Blazblue - $0 (Amazon B2G1)

Total = $440

also had $60 in Target Giftcards from December (only shop there when there's deals) so my total out of pocket was only $380.

*Edit - Forgot Uncharted.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jello44']I'm going to call CS then. What did you say to the rep that allowed you to get credit for the deal?[/QUOTE]
I was just like, "hey I bought these two games last week, and with this promotion suddenly happening I'd really like to avoid the hassle of returning and re-ordering. Is there any chance I can order a 3rd game and just get credited for it?"

Then he asked where I saw the deal, and I told him on the vita store page for a minute, and on twitter. He couldn't find the promo at 1st (except he noted target.com was offering a deal this week), but I pointed him to a recent order I just made for 3 other games, so he saw it was a legit deal.

Then he offered to credit me for one of the games I already bought, or a 3rd game from the promo. I said whatever was easiest, so he said to pick a game and order and he'd adjust it after the fact. Not sure if I could've got Uncharted free, lol, maybe I should've tried (either way Rayman was the most expensive game).

I always laugh when I see all these stories about how great Amazon customer service is... I have NEVER had a positive experience with Amazon CS. The world is out to get me.

[quote name='steve_dave']I always laugh when I see all these stories about how great Amazon customer service is... I have NEVER had a positive experience with Amazon CS. The world is out to get me.[/QUOTE]

The trick is to "suggest" that they give you credit and make it think that it's their idea.

[quote name='pjb16']Damn, wonder if I should call? Live chatting didn't yield me any results.[/QUOTE]

It's worth a shot. I was only actually on the phone for about 5 minutes.

Hey guys I am late to the party. Where is the best deal for the Vita itself ?

Thanks. I'll have the games before I have the Vita lol

Scored

Lumines
Blazblue
Rayman

If you really want to maximize your red card, buy Amazon gift cards at 5% off and then use the Amazon gift cards to buy your Vita games from Amazon.

[quote name='eyeh8f8']Amazon has two games I want on that list, don't know about one that would be that third. The Target here seems to be not screwy like the rest. So I may have to go with them. Tax isn't as bad if you figure in the red card and whatnot. You don't have to wait for it to ship either.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='pjb16']I was just like, "hey I bought these two games last week, and with this promotion suddenly happening I'd really like to avoid the hassle of returning and re-ordering. Is there any chance I can order a 3rd game and just get credited for it?"

Then he asked where I saw the deal, and I told him on the vita store page for a minute, and on twitter. He couldn't find the promo at 1st (except he noted target.com was offering a deal this week), but I pointed him to a recent order I just made for 3 other games, so he saw it was a legit deal.

Then he offered to credit me for one of the games I already bought, or a 3rd game from the promo. I said whatever was easiest, so he said to pick a game and order and he'd adjust it after the fact. Not sure if I could've got Uncharted free, lol, maybe I should've tried (either way Rayman was the most expensive game).[/QUOTE]

Pretty much exactly how my conversation went with them except they just refunded my account $29.99 for Hot Shots so I could order another Vita game.

[quote name='KolonelCill22']Pretty much exactly how my conversation went with them except they just refunded my account $29.99 for Hot Shots so I could order another Vita game.[/QUOTE]
That's what I should've tried since I could've just ordered Dynasty Warriors Next (save for $10), but I know the Rayman game is great (I have it on 360), and I was happy enough with the help the rep was giving me I just wanted whichever was easiest for him.

[quote name='steve_dave']I always laugh when I see all these stories about how great Amazon customer service is... I have NEVER had a positive experience with Amazon CS. The world is out to get me.[/QUOTE]

That sucks man. I've had three or four similar experiences with their CS over the last few months. As long as you're nice and patient, they tend to want to make you happy.

Guys, I'd definitely hit up Amazon CS if you have placed any order for games recently. I just got a $10 credit applied to my account for mentioning the fact that I had ordered two of the games from the promotion.

The thing is the two games (Hot Shots and Wipeout) I had purchased when they were $29.99 each. So, I wouldn't really want to return and rebuy it. Therefore, I am quite content with the $10 credit. I know some people have managed to get $20 credit.

[quote name='Link2999']Ordered Wipeout 2048 on the 10th for $30. Spoke with an Amazon CSR via Live Chat and he told me I would need to order all 3 at the same time to get the discount. I asked him if he could credit me for the cost of the cheapest game if I ordered 2 and he told me he was checking on it. He came back to me saying to order the 2 games I wanted (Rayman and Blazblue), and he would refund me for the cheapest of that order. So now I'm getting Blazblue for free. It's like I paid $70 for 3 games.

Uncharted - $35

Total = $440

also had $60 in Target Giftcards from December (only shop there when there's deals) so my total out of pocket was only $380.

*Edit - Forgot Uncharted.[/QUOTE]

I just got shot down on that from Amazon. Can the results be different if I contact them again?

In for BlazBlue, Lumines and Wipeout. Still going to check out Target on Wednesday and maybe pick up NGS+, Dungeon Hunter: Alliance and something else.

SWEET!

Just contacted Amazon via Chat Support, and since I ordered UC for $39.99, and HSG for $29.99 months before release, the representative credited me $30 promotional credit that I attached to Gravity Rush! So glad it worked out this way, because I didn't want anything remaining from that list.

Gravity Rush + Uncharted + Hot Shots Golf for $80? WIN!

Yeah, me either. I just got off the phone with a rep and she said the best they could do was offer me a 10 dollar inconvenience credit. I pretty much said exactly what pjb said in his post about his call and that was that.

Now, I did buy two of the games (Hot Shots and Wipeout) back when they were listed at 30 dollars with Amazon Credit, now they jumped up to 40, so maybe that had a little to do with it, I dunno.

picked up rayman, fifa, wipEout 2048, good deal, wasnt really sure about wipEout but since sony announced that wipEout HD/FURY will be coming as DLC for 2048 that kind of ease the pain a little, im not big on racing games but I've heard great things about this game so i sure hope it turns out good

Ended up getting

UMC3
Rayman
Dungeon hunter alliance

Really wanted lumines but some part of me just won't let me spend 40$ for it. Already had uncharted from some best buy credit I had

Sigh. I ordered Hot Shots Golf this morning, but it was too late to cancel. I used promo credit, too, so this would've been nice.

Contacted CS and they gave me a $20 credit, though, so I sucked it up and picked up Lumines, Rayman, and Blazblue for $60. Not as good as it could've been, but I can't bitch too much. Amazon CS went above and beyond a week ago to make up for the Kinect issues I had, so this evens out.

I chatted with Amazon CS and they told me to return the games to get the promo. So now I called them after hearing success stories here and they let me have 1 free game (though I bought 4 games last week). which is fine cause all I want is Rayman Origins. So they gave me $39.99 promo credit to purchase.

Cool thing is I bought my other 4 games at a discount (Uncharted $35, Hot Shots Golf $25, WipEout $30) so technically I still got 2 free games out of it. Thanks Amazon.

[quote name='jello44']Yeah, me either. I just got off the phone with a rep and she said the best they could do was offer me a 10 dollar inconvenience credit. I pretty much said exactly what pjb said in his post about his call and that was that.

Now, I did buy two of the games (Hot Shots and Wipeout) back when they were listed at 30 dollars with Amazon Credit, now they jumped up to 40, so maybe that had a little to do with it, I dunno.[/QUOTE]

Look at it this way, you saved $20 over the promotion prices because the games were cheaper. In addition, you were given $10 credit. I'd say that isn't too bad, which is why I happily accepted the same offer from Amazon CS.

[quote name='SuperSonic128']I just got shot down on that from Amazon. Can the results be different if I contact them again?[/QUOTE]
Perhaps. I know I tried once via chat, then once via phone before getting the assistance I was hoping for. I'd have not contacted them beyond the two tries though if it didn't work out. I do think they log the amount of times you contact CS in a given time frame (past 3/6/12 months).

[quote name='Link2999']Ordered Wipeout 2048 on the 10th for $30. Spoke with an Amazon CSR via Live Chat and he told me I would need to order all 3 at the same time to get the discount. I asked him if he could credit me for the cost of the cheapest game if I ordered 2 and he told me he was checking on it. He came back to me saying to order the 2 games I wanted (Rayman and Blazblue), and he would refund me for the cheapest of that order. So now I'm getting Blazblue for free. It's like I paid $70 for 3 games.

Uncharted - $35

Total = $440

*Edit - Forgot Uncharted.[/QUOTE]

Guilty of going overboard myself:

Vita 3G Launch Bundle ($300) GameStop
Travel case ($10) Amazon
Screen Protector ($8) Amazon
MNR ($30) Amazon B2G1
Uncharted ($50) Amazon B2G1
Hot Shots ($0) Amazon B2G1
Rayman ($40) BB B2G1 Coupon
FIFA ($40) BB B2G1 Coupon
UMvC ($0) BB B2G1 Coupon
Escape Plan ($15) PSN
Tales From Space ($10) PSN
Motor storm RC ($8ish)

Total cost: $511. ($441 out of pocket thanks to some bday money)

bread's done
Back