Buy 2 Get 1 Free Vita Games Matched by Amazon

slappynutz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...d_t=101&pf_rd_p=1346912522&pf_rd_i=3010556011

Took a while to find it, and it doesn't show up reliably on the Vita Store page for some reason, but was able to order Rayman, MvC3, and Wipeout.

*Edit*

Here are the games:

Uncharted
Rayman Origins
Hot Shots Golf
Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3
Fifa Soccer
Wipeout 2048
Lumines
Modnation Racers
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend
Little Deviants
Dungeon Hunter Alliance
Army Corps of Hell
Asphalt: Injection
F1 2011
Ben 10 Galactic Racing
Michael Jackson The Experience

No idea why repeat visits to the Amazon Vita Store don't get the 2 for 1 to show up, but I saw it briefly, ordered, and saved the address to post here. Worked fine for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Bronson-Lee']

I'll never shop anywhere else again. SO GOOD[/QUOTE]

I am the opposite. I am probably done with amazon for at least gaming stuff for a while. Any other company would be able something this simple without making customers jump through hoops. It makes me sick to suggest that Best Buy would handle this so much more efficiently.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']That's what I was thinking, but Army Corps of Hell is on there, and that one is listed as Feb 22 (Preorder) as well.[/QUOTE]

I hadn't noticed. Still, it may hold true, though I assume not. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Personally wish LBP was on the list, even though it's still TBD. XD

I serously need help picking out a 3rd game..

I own Uncharted.

I'm getting Fifa/Rayman Origins as 2 of my games.. I need a 3rd! I like RPG's but Dungeon Hunter looks bad.

Is army corps of hell any good?

[quote name='Turkletont']I serously need help picking out a 3rd game..

I own Uncharted.

I'm getting Fifa/Rayman Origins as 2 of my games.. I need a 3rd! I like RPG's but Dungeon Hunter looks bad.

Is army corps of hell any good?[/QUOTE]
FIFA is temporarily OOS. Based on reviews, I'd avoid Army Corps of Hell.

[quote name='steve_dave']I am the opposite. I am probably done with amazon for at least gaming stuff for a while. Any other company would be able something this simple without making customers jump through hoops. It makes me sick to suggest that Best Buy would handle this so much more efficiently.[/QUOTE]

Best Buy, eh? It took me 3 weeks to get them to send me a return label on a cracked disk... I was asked for my order number on 3 different calls, the second two times were particularly annoying since I'd already given it and the reason they weren't sending my label was because they 'didn't have the order number'...

The last time they told me they had canceled the request completely due to not having it. I suppose I don't have to tell you how irritating that was to deal with.

Anyway you can expect a possibility for bad customer service from *any* company, regardless of how good they *usually* are...

add me on psn, im new to wipEout but fuck it, i want to try out the MP when i receive the game, i also ordered fifa so having some CAGs on my list to play some soccer would be nice ;)

devangeLL

Wish there were more games on sale. Only game I really want on that list is uncharted. If they had Katamari or Ninja Gaiden Id be in.

[quote name='pjb16']FIFA is temporarily OOS. Based on reviews, I'd avoid Army Corps of Hell.[/QUOTE]

Does that mean I can't get Fifa? I don't mind waiting a little bit

[quote name='steve_dave']I am the opposite. I am probably done with amazon for at least gaming stuff for a while. Any other company would be able something this simple without making customers jump through hoops. It makes me sick to suggest that Best Buy would handle this so much more efficiently.[/QUOTE]

I dunno dude...It's standard to not retroactively allow the deals to be done for Amazon. The fact that they do it is pretty awesome. Also, Target fucked this up beyond repair and Gamestop is only doing it for first party games. Best Buy I can't speak on because you have to PM, but it seems there's never been any issue there.

Just like these weight loss infomercials: your results may vary. I did buy 2 games prior to this and I don't feel like going thru the hassle.

LOL I sent an email in explaining my situation in addition to my chat, and the same rep that I talked to in chat answered it with the following:

Greetings from Amazon.com,

Thank you for your inquiry. Did I solve your problem?

Best regards,

Sarath B
Amazon.com
Your feedback is helping us build Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company.

Literally no reply. What a jackass.

Finally, 4th time's a charm! I originally purchased Lumines back on February 7th with some gift cards and I wanted to see if I could order 2 more games and get a credit for one. Two times on the phone I got the same answer that I'd have to return the original order, pay for the return fee, and re-order with this promotion. Got the same answer when I initiated my first live chat. The 2nd live chat, I finally got someone who said that if I ordered 2 more games and copied/pasted my order number into the chat that they would go ahead and issue me a refund for one of the games I purchased. I ended up going with Hot Shots Golf and Rayman Origins. The total order was $39.99 for both. Stay persistent, folks! It just takes talking to the right person to get this to happen.

Hmm. I went with Rayman, Fifa, Hot Shots golf.

So I got Hot Shots Golf, Uncharted from Lockerz, Rayman , Fifa for $115. That's not bad, 28.75 a game

And people are complaining they are too expensive pssshh!

[quote name='genfuyung']Wish there were more games on sale. Only game I really want on that list is uncharted. If they had Katamari or Ninja Gaiden Id be in.[/QUOTE]

I'm betting money that Amazon will add the other games when they're actually released.
Since Target's deals includes those games (since it says any vita game) and both of those come out the 22.

[quote name='Turkletont']Hmm. I went with Rayman, Fifa, Hot Shots golf.

So I got Hot Shots Golf, Uncharted from Lockerz, Rayman , Fifa for $115. That's not bad, 28.75 a game

And people are complaining they are too expensive pssshh![/QUOTE]
Ended up with Hot Shots Golf, Rayman, Wipeout, BlazBlue, UMvC3, and Lumines all from Amazon for $139.93 (not counting gift card credit I had). So $23.32/game for me. Not bad.

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']LOL I sent an email in explaining my situation in addition to my chat, and the same rep that I talked to in chat answered it with the following:

Greetings from Amazon.com,

Thank you for your inquiry. Did I solve your problem?

Best regards,

Sarath B
Amazon.com
Your feedback is helping us build Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company.

Literally no reply. What a jackass.[/QUOTE]

No, you always get a reply like that after you leave chat

Fifa Soccer is currently out of stock! Will be back in stock on 02/22. I placed my order as soon as I saw this post. I have Prime so I hope it comes on the 22nd along with my Vita.

Got Rayman, BlazBlue, and Lumines...

Uncharted is on the way from you-know-where.

Hope those are good choices - not too sure about any of them. Wish there was a top notch RPG...

[quote name='chriscolbert']Let's pretend someone has never played any games in the MVC series or the BlazBlue series. What would you recommend?[/QUOTE]

I think you might find MVC more approachable. BlazBlue figthing styles change really drastically with different fighters, so you've really got to work at it. Not a bad thing if you're into it. Plus, MVC has characters non-gamers are more familiar with.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Let's pretend someone has never played any games in the MVC series or the BlazBlue series. What would you recommend?[/QUOTE]
Without a doubt MvC IMO. Especially since it has touch screen controls to help beginners too iirc.

In for Rayman, BlazBlue, and UMvC3. Props to Amazon for matching Targets deal, but doing it with a better selection of games to choose from. Even though I got in on the Target deal, I'm picking up titles that Target didn't have. My Vita library is growing fast! Too many games.

[quote name='SInX4Lyfe']No, you always get a reply like that after you leave chat[/QUOTE]

Really? Must be something new. I have done multiple chats in the past and haven't received that message before. At least that gives me hope that someone else will reply and help out. Regardless, he was a supervisor that wasn't very helpful and right away sided with the woman I had chatted with that was clueless about everything I was mentioning. I realize they don't have to match the deal for me, but I wish they would be more consistent in how they deal with customers. When 50% of people get matched and the other half don't, something is wrong there. The key is getting a non-foreign rep, at least that is what always has worked for me.

Hrrrm, already have Wipeout and HSG from when they were $30, and I don't know if I want to deal with going through the motions with CS.

I'm thinking I might wait and see if they add games on Wednesday (Katamari, Virtua Tennis) and try to get one of those with Rayman or Blazblue, depending on pricing...

Or maybe try my luck with a PM Wednesday morning at BB.

This is really a great thing to do at a console launch-- sure, they're doing it due to the fact the Vita's launch needed some hype, but it's smart, because it seems like all of us are buying a LOT more than we expected at launch because prices aren't totally insane. (Except for Uncharted)

[quote name='fuze9']I think you might find MVC more approachable. BlazBlue figthing styles change really drastically with different fighters, so you've really got to work at it. Not a bad thing if you're into it. Plus, MVC has characters non-gamers are more familiar with.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='pjb16']Without a doubt MvC IMO. Especially since it has touch screen controls to help beginners too iirc.[/QUOTE]

Well that's what I was thinking, but the IGN review goes on about how deep BlazBlue is and how many modes it has and all. I actually have the original MvC3 but barely played it. I'm thinking it would make a better portable game for me but it seemed kinda shallow. BlazBlue seems like more bang for your buck assuming it's somewhat decent on gameplay.

Here's my transcript for anyone interested
Me:Hello, I have ordered 3 Playstation Vita games with Amazon and received them last week. Would I be able to get credit for one of the games because I bought all of them before the buy 2 get 1 sale?
Vivek:Hello, my name is Vivek.
Me:Hello
Vivek:Hello,
Me:Hello, I have ordered 3 Playstation Vita games with Amazon and received them last week. Would I be able to get credit for one of the games because I bought all of them before the buy 2 get 1 sale?
Are you still there?
Vivek:Yes. I'm checking this for you.
May I have the URL of the promotion you're referring, please?
Me:http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...d_t=101&pf_rd_p=1346912522&pf_rd_i=3010556011
Vivek:Thank you.
Me:You're welcome Vivek.
Vivek:Joseph, in order to take advantage of this promotion, you must place a qualifying order during the specified promotion period while supplies last.
However, as an one time exception, I've requested a full refund of $39.96 for "BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EXTEND " to your MasterCard for the Order ID
Me:Thank you very much Vivek. The only thing is that I paid with Amazon credit for "BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EXTEND" so would it still add money to my MasterCard?
Vivek:I'm sorry for my misunderstanding.
Since the order was originally paid for by gift card, $ 39.99 will be returned to your gift card balance in 1-2 business days. These funds will be automatically applied to your next order.
Me:Thank you very much Vivek!
Vivek:You're welcome. Is there anything else I can do for you today?
Me:No, so I should expect $40 added to my account in the next few days?
Vivek:Yes.
Me:Thank you very much and have a nice day!

Has amazon officially matched the free 4gb card free with the wifi vita? I added both to my cart and got to the last page and it took off $19.99 for the mem card.

Alright 3rd time was a charm. Called after getting home and first rep I spoke with was clueless and obviously overseas, I hung up after being placed on hold 3 times, and called back, got a rep based in the U.S. and as a one time exception she let me place a order for Rayman, then refunded me the $29.99 I paid for Hot Shots Golf (Or will once the Rayman order ships out.) so if you get rejected a few times keep trying.

[quote name='atc250es']Has amazon officially matched the free 4gb card free with the wifi vita? I added both to my cart and got to the last page and it took off $19.99 for the mem card.[/QUOTE]

No idea. That would be interesting if they did. Thanks for bringing this up.

Edit: Just tried it and I can confirm this works. Ugh, now I have to contact Amazon about this deal. Anyone know of a page advertising this?

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']No idea. That would be interesting if they did. Thanks for bringing this up.

Edit: Just tried it and I can confirm this works. Ugh, now I have to contact Amazon about this deal. Anyone know of a page advertising this?[/QUOTE]

Only thing is that I couldn't do release date delivery when I added the memory card.

Did Uncharted, Lumines and Rayman for my first round.

For my second round I'm thinking Wipeout, Dungeon Hunter and either Modnation or Hot Shots. Never played Hot Shots or Modnation anyone have a recommendation?

[quote name='atc250es']Only thing is that I couldn't do release date delivery when I added the memory card.[/QUOTE]

I would re-order myself, but then I will lose a promotional code I have applied to my Vita order. I am going to have to have Amazon sort this one out for me, but without a deal page or a promotional description, they will be clueless.

[quote name='atc250es']Only thing is that I couldn't do release date delivery when I added the memory card.[/QUOTE]

It worked for me also but I also couldn't get release day shipping either. Hopefully this will last till Friday since thats when I get paid.

Ugh, I wish I still had Amazon Prime. The free shipping option says it might not arrive until sometime between Feb 28-March 2. I know that's probably worst case scenario but still. Maybe I'll just wait until Wednesday and stop by Target to see if they have what I want so I can play them when I get the system. If not, I'll just hope Amazon isn't out of stock by then.

Mukesh from Amazon.com says:

I'm sorry, since you have placed this order before the promotion was launched, so we can not offer the same promotion on the existing order.

:( maybe I'll try phoning them and see if I can get better results

[quote name='excellen']Mukesh from Amazon.com says:

I'm sorry, since you have placed this order before the promotion was launched, so we can not offer the same promotion on the existing order.

:( maybe I'll try phoning them and see if I can get better results[/QUOTE]

You also got to fight and argue with the amazon cs. Thats what i did and keep saying everyone else got the deal blah blah,

They took off Army Corp of Hell which was the only pre-order title.
I'm hoping that means the other games will be added Wednesday.

[quote name='dallow']They took off Army Corp of Hell which was the only pre-order title.
I'm hoping that means the other games will be added Wednesday.[/QUOTE]

I'm betting they will.

Dungeon Hunter looked cool, but it seems to be highly trashed for basically being an app port.

I'd have to think the controls would be much better on the vita though, right?

Anyone played the vita version?

[quote name='musicjunkie']Did Uncharted, Lumines and Rayman for my first round.

For my second round I'm thinking Wipeout, Dungeon Hunter and either Modnation or Hot Shots. Never played Hot Shots or Modnation anyone have a recommendation?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SInX4Lyfe']You also got to fight and argue with the amazon cs. Thats what i did and keep saying everyone else got the deal blah blah,[/QUOTE]

Arguing with Amazon reps hasn't worked for me in the past. I said the same thing, that other people got the deal, and the rep just replied that he couldn't comment on other orders. It is better to just back out of one rep and find another that will help right away. Nothing has worked for me this time though.

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']Arguing with Amazon reps hasn't worked for me in the past. I said the same thing, that other people got the deal, and the rep just replied that he couldn't comment on other orders. It is better to just back out of one rep and find another that will help right away. Nothing has worked for me this time though.[/QUOTE]

Im sorry to hear that... i guess it also depends on who your talking too. Its hard to get them through CHAT but hearing ppl having success through phone didnt really help but it worked for me in Chat.

[quote name='SInX4Lyfe']Im sorry to hear that... i guess it also depends on who your talking too. Its hard to get them through CHAT but hearing ppl having success through phone didnt really help but it worked for me in Chat.[/QUOTE]

Chat has worked out fine for me in the past, but I got 3 foreign reps today and they are the worst. If I can hit one rep with a name I have seen before, I would probably be golden :lol:

Yea, if chat support isn't really working with you then try the phone route and be a little forceful on the phone. They're usually a lot more likely to help.

bread's done
Back