Buy 2 Get 1 Free Vita Games Matched by Amazon

slappynutz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...d_t=101&pf_rd_p=1346912522&pf_rd_i=3010556011

Took a while to find it, and it doesn't show up reliably on the Vita Store page for some reason, but was able to order Rayman, MvC3, and Wipeout.

*Edit*

Here are the games:

Uncharted
Rayman Origins
Hot Shots Golf
Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3
Fifa Soccer
Wipeout 2048
Lumines
Modnation Racers
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend
Little Deviants
Dungeon Hunter Alliance
Army Corps of Hell
Asphalt: Injection
F1 2011
Ben 10 Galactic Racing
Michael Jackson The Experience

No idea why repeat visits to the Amazon Vita Store don't get the 2 for 1 to show up, but I saw it briefly, ordered, and saved the address to post here. Worked fine for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried to bring up the whole "other people have had their orders fixed"
they said this
Melanie:I am really sorry about this. As a customer too, I know how sad this is. No worries at all, I will let our Marketing and Promotions department know about this so that this will be taken care of.
For now, is there anything else for today?

so sorry if I ruin it for anyone else (not really) :)

I just ordered Rayman, Lumines, and BlazBlue after they gave me a $40 credit for the HSG I ordered last month (despite only paying $29.99 for it). So basically I got four games for just under $70.

And this is why I love Amazon.

[quote name='chriscolbert']I just ordered Rayman, Lumines, and BlazBlue after they gave me a $40 credit for the HSG I ordered last month (despite only paying $29.99 for it). So basically I got four games for just under $70.

And this is why I love Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Man tell me EXACTELY what you did. I'm in the same boat as you. They denied me via email, will try chat tonight. What did you say?

Ended up going with Lumines, HSG and UMVC3. Might end up placing another order for FIFA, Wipeout and something else.

Woot. Just got an email response back from Amazon that they are refunding $30 back for Hot Shots Golf. Struck out on a couple of chats, but stuck it on the email. Amazon pulls through again.

[quote name='jkimrey']Dungeon Hunter looked cool, but it seems to be highly trashed for basically being an app port.

I'd have to think the controls would be much better on the vita though, right?

Anyone played the vita version?[/QUOTE]
Yeah I've been seeing that but I figure with the deal I'm only spending $20 per game. If I take that away though then I def don't have another 3 games. Suppose I'll go buy some PSP games for cheap. :p

Just got off chat with customer service (had ordered hot shots golf for 29.99 last week)...they gave me the old "one-time exception" and told me to place an order for two games so I picked up Lumines and Dungeon Hunter and then CS proceeded to refund me the $39.99 for one of the two games...

This turned out to be an even better deal because I had only paid 29.99 for Hot Shots originally.

Finally got home from and placed my order for Lumines, Hot Shot Golf, & Rayman Origins.

Went to make a second order and realized they took Army Corps of Hell off the list to buy.

meh they gave me no such exception for hot shots but it would have been a measley 3 dollar difference when I can pick yet another game I want. Theres not 6 games I want out of that list so works out

Put in an order for Uncharted, Wipeout and Little Deviants. Not super interested in playing any of the Vita release games. Figure these should show off the system's bells and whistles.

[quote name='Hoffer']Put in an order for Uncharted, Wipeout and Little Deviants. Not super interested in playing any of the Vita release games. Figure these should show off the system's bells and whistles.[/QUOTE]
Economically speaking, that's about the worst selection of 3 games you could pick.

I've gone through about 20 CSR reps now and still getting the same thing. It must be the way i'm saying it or something. You'd think one of them would budge by now.

[quote name='mkm1998']Man tell me EXACTELY what you did. I'm in the same boat as you. They denied me via email, will try chat tonight. What did you say?[/QUOTE]

I chose the "Call Me" option and got a sweet girl that sounded like English may have actually been her first language. Anyway, I was just up front and honest and said "Hey, I just got the HSG game in last week and now you have this B2G1 sale. I've been reading online where others have been able to get a credit to take advantage of the sale without having to re-order and return I was hoping I could do the same to save the trouble."

All she did was ask where on the website she could find the promotion and she instantly was like "As a one time exception blah blah blah I can issue you a $40 credit to use on your next order". She never placed me on hold or anything. I know I got lucky though so I wouldn't expect it to be that easy.

[quote name='pjb16']Economically speaking, that's about the worst selection of 3 games you could pick.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I thought of that. I felt I should get Uncharted and 2 $40 games. I just couldn't find 2 $40 games I wanted. Either way, I'm still saving $30.

Went to multiple gamestops tonight looking to buy2g1 and every single copy they had was gutted.

Thanks Op for the post, thanks amazon for the match.

I got my e-mail dismissal back now. Fine whatever but this bugged me.

"
We occasionally offer promotional certificates to potential customers or to selected existing customers, to encourage them to shop at Amazon.com.
"

Wow, really? So my money isn't as good as someone elses? fuck off.

Since I already had ordered Uncharted from Lockerz, I decided to grab Rayman, UMvC3, and Wipeout. However, Wipeout was OOS, so my order of just Rayman and UMvC3 shipped. The great part about that, is the promotion applied throughout the entire order, and not one specific game.

So, I ended up canceling out Wipeout from my order, and got Rayman and UMvC3 for $53 shipped (as opposed to paying $80 for them all). Not bad, $26.50 per game.

[quote name='adbot']I got my e-mail dismissal back now. Fine whatever but this bugged me.

"
We occasionally offer promotional certificates to potential customers or to selected existing customers, to encourage them to shop at Amazon.com.
"

Wow, really? So my money isn't as good as someone elses? fuck off.[/QUOTE]

Bingo. They offer those to a few people to make their service appear wonderful when in reality it is just as crappy as any other retailer these days.

Still debating if I really want to grab Hot Shots, Wipeout, and Lumines. Weird enough, I've had all of these on the PSP (HSG: Open Tee, HSG: Open Tee 2, Wipeout Pure, Wipeout Pulse, Lumines, Lumines 2) plus the PS3. (HSG: OoB, Wipeout HD+Fury, Lumines Supernova)

Finally got through on 6th livechat attempt and got a guy who had decent english and reading comprehension. Refunded me 39.99 so I got Uncharted, Hotshots, and UMVC3 for $90 total :D

[quote name='steve_dave']Bingo. They offer those to a few people to make their service appear wonderful when in reality it is just as crappy as any other retailer these days.[/QUOTE]

How is their service bad? They didn't retroactively apply a deal, which you can't reasonably expect to do all the time.

I spoke with a CSR on Live chat, no luck.
Called, guy told me sure, I could get it, transferred me to Promotions and Marketing... got disconnected :(
Called back, lady wasn't so nice, I tried to explain to her the guy told me I was able to get the promotion, she kept arguing... so I demanded she transferred me.

I wasn't getting RDD on the Vita + 4GB, so I eventually just cancelled it, ordered the Vita with RDD, and had CSR put in a refund on the separate order for the 4GB card when it ships. What a mess :mad:

[quote name='gettinmoney662']So is this 12 page thread basically just full of people whining that they couldn't retroactively apply a deal?[/QUOTE]

Brilliant observation brodude

Not whining at all. Although the promotions department is closed and they're going to call me back in the morning... worst case scenario is I reorder the games and then return two of them, haha.

After three failed online chats, I called and was able to get the promotional credit applied to my account. The guy on the phone was very helpful and was interested in the Vita himself. He applied $30 of credit from my purchase of Hot Shots Golf and I was able to purchase Rayman Origins and Lumines with no problem.

Called CS twice, shot down both times. First time right away, second time took 30 minutes but the rep refused to budge :( since my orders were placed in December.

Amazon took too long. I got HSG for $30 from Amazon last week. Picked up Uncharted & Lumines at Toys R Us today w/$20 GC. Since Toys R Us had Uncharted for $40 I only paid about $2 more per game because of tax.

I would have rather got them from Amazon with this promo but I wasn't sure that my Toys R Us wouldn't have sold out of games I wanted while waiting for Amazon to "maybe" PM.

[quote name='TheGuardianWolf']How quickly does Amazon typically restock games?

UMVC3 is the one I want most...[/QUOTE]

Who knows....i just preordered the vita and wanted to get the games at amazon but who knows if they will be in stock. I want uncharted, which they have, fifa and wmvc3, both are out of stock. Wonder if its because they are 3rd party games and amazon is pulling a target and not putting them up till wedensday

I came here to determine my chances of having the deal retroactively applied. It looks like there are mixed results. I pre-ordered eight games and accessories from them, including four of the games on this B2G1 promotion. Is the probability high that I could some sort of credit? Do I need to call in, or is livechat capable of applying any sort of promotional creidit?

[quote name='IRSmurf']I came here to determine my chances of having the deal retroactively applied. It looks like there are mixed results. I pre-ordered eight games and accessories from them, including four of the games on this B2G1 promotion. Is the probability high that I could some sort of credit? Do I need to call in, or is livechat capable of applying any sort of promotional creidit?[/QUOTE]

It certainly doesn't hurt to try. And while it's possible via live chat, I think you're odds go up considerably if you have them call you.

[quote name='chriscolbert']It certainly doesn't hurt to try. And while it's possible via live chat, I think you're odds go up considerably if you have them call you.[/QUOTE]

Yup. That's what happened to me. Only had success after they called me and looked up my order history.

[quote name='IRSmurf']I came here to determine my chances of having the deal retroactively applied. It looks like there are mixed results. I pre-ordered eight games and accessories from them, including four of the games on this B2G1 promotion. Is the probability high that I could some sort of credit? Do I need to call in, or is livechat capable of applying any sort of promotional creidit?[/QUOTE]

Not gonna troll....gonna offer reasonable advice....

just cancel and re-order to get the deal instead of the "maybe" of getting credited back for one.

Are Rayman Origins and MvC direct ports of the console versions?
I was planning on getting them for my Xbox and if they are the same I don't want to but them twice.

Slightly off topic, but does anyone know if you can pay for the 3G data with a PSN card?

[quote name='shadowrage']Are Rayman Origins and MvC direct ports of the console versions?
I was planning on getting them for my Xbox and if they are the same I don't want to but them twice.
[/QUOTE]

Pretty much (which some slight, obvious tweaks).

[quote name='GizmoGC']Pretty much (which some slight, obvious tweaks).[/QUOTE]
Thanks. I'm going to try and stick with Vita exclusives.

[quote name='shadowrage']Thanks. I'm going to try and stick with Vita exclusives.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, from what I understand Rayman actually excludes multiplayer in the vita version. It might have some mini games added though, if I remember right.

I love UMVC3 enough to warrant buying a version for on the go, heh.

Prime member, ordered at least 45 games from them in the last year, including the 2 vita games that just came on Friday, couldn't do it for me. They offered me a $5 credit, I told the chat rep to keep it and use it for herself. Whatever. Good for those that got it.

[quote name='therealdanhill']Prime member, ordered at least 45 games from them in the last year, including the 2 vita games that just came on Friday, couldn't do it for me. They offered me a $5 credit, I told the chat rep to keep it and use it for herself. Whatever. Good for those that got it.[/QUOTE]

When you get thee ail about whether or not amazon resolved your issue, select no and do the survey. I got an option to have them call me, which led me to my credit.

[quote name='shadowrage']Are Rayman Origins and MvC direct ports of the console versions?

Slightly off topic, but does anyone know if you can pay for the 3G data with a PSN card?[/QUOTE]

No. The 3G is handled by AT&T, not Sony. That would be like trying to use an iTunes gift card to pay for your iPad 3G or iPhone bill. So you need to have a debit/credit card (I think you may also be able to get some sort of AT&T gift card type thing also).

[quote name='Apostle22']Who knows....i just preordered the vita and wanted to get the games at amazon but who knows if they will be in stock. I want uncharted, which they have, fifa and wmvc3, both are out of stock. Wonder if its because they are 3rd party games and amazon is pulling a target and not putting them up till wedensday[/QUOTE]

Well if the game isn't out yet, of course they aren't going to include them in this deal. Games that are yet to be released (even if they come out in a few days) count as pre-orders, and they virtually never do B2G1 deals on pre-orders. If they made ALL PS Vita games that are listed available, then you could just pre-order a bunch of games that don't come out for months- see the issue with that?

bread's done
Back