Buy 2 Get 1 Free Vita Games Matched by Amazon

slappynutz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...d_t=101&pf_rd_p=1346912522&pf_rd_i=3010556011

Took a while to find it, and it doesn't show up reliably on the Vita Store page for some reason, but was able to order Rayman, MvC3, and Wipeout.

*Edit*

Here are the games:

Uncharted
Rayman Origins
Hot Shots Golf
Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3
Fifa Soccer
Wipeout 2048
Lumines
Modnation Racers
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend
Little Deviants
Dungeon Hunter Alliance
Army Corps of Hell
Asphalt: Injection
F1 2011
Ben 10 Galactic Racing
Michael Jackson The Experience

No idea why repeat visits to the Amazon Vita Store don't get the 2 for 1 to show up, but I saw it briefly, ordered, and saved the address to post here. Worked fine for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ordered hot shots 2 weeks ago. Called amazon this morning the guy did not know of the promotion so I sent him the link. After that he told me to add two games to my cart and he would adjust one. I asked can I do it on preorders coming out on the 22nd. He said yeah!!!!!! So I got army corps & ninja gaiden for 39.99. Free shipping!!!!!!!n I only paid 29.99 for hot shots!!!!!!

[quote name='brentgolden']Ordered hot shots 2 weeks ago. Called amazon this morning the guy did not know of the promotion so I sent him the link. After that he told me to add two games to my cart and he would adjust one. I asked can I do it on preorders coming out on the 22nd. He said yeah!!!!!! So I got army corps & ninja gaiden for 39.99. Free shipping!!!!!!!n I only paid 29.99 for hot shots!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Lucky you. I keep getting told I will have to repurchase the game from last week and all 3 need to be in your cart at the same time.

[quote name='darkjedi187']Lucky you. I keep getting told I will have to repurchase the game from last week and all 3 need to be in your cart at the same time.[/QUOTE]

Try the online chat. It's worked for several of us. You can ask for a one time exception (I and others posted transcripts for reference).

Had basically the same experience as brentgolden. Got on the chat with one of their CSR about the B2G1 free deal and told her how it would be too much of a hassle for me to return my previously purchased copy of Uncharted GA just so i could reorder it with two other games, so I asked her if there was anything she could do for me. She said she'd do a one time exception on my part and discount the price of one Vita game from a two Vita game order. So I bought Rayman and Shinobido 2 and got Rayman for free. Now I'll just order Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 and it'll be like I got the deal I originally wanted. Amazon is so awesome.

[quote name='doodmandood']How do you get in touch with a CSR?[/QUOTE]

Everybody gets ridiculously different outcomes. I called first and was told they will look into it and call me back. That was 12 hours ago and they never called. I just tried the chat and was denied and told to place another order and send back the originals. Other people get everything they ask for and more. So, you are basically flipping a coin.

The whole idea of telling people to place new orders for games they already received is stupid on its own, but it is extra stupid when you consider how many games are now out of stock. You have a bunch of people who will be tieing up an extra copy of a game they already have when many of those games are in limited supply to begin with. So stupid.

[quote name='trent82']Everybody gets ridiculously different outcomes. [/QUOTE]

That is very true. The first time I did a chat, I only got a $10 credit. Then, a few hours later I said why not give it a shot again given the success of other CAGers. At that point, I managed to get a third $40 game (BlazBlue) for free. I had ordered Hot Shots and Wipeout when they were both $29.99.

I am happy with the outcome from Amazon CS, however, I definitely think it is a little ridiculous that people get different results. I am assuming that they figure some people are not as persistent and hope they don't come back after being denied.

[quote name='trent82']

The whole idea of telling people to place new orders for games they already received is stupid on its own, but it is extra stupid when you consider how many games are now out of stock. You have a bunch of people who will be tieing up an extra copy of a game they already have when many of those games are in limited supply to begin with. So stupid.[/QUOTE]

exactly. They are taking the least effectient approach possible. The other thing is that they obviously have a way to handle the situation for everybody. Look how they are handling the system preorders. Eveybody is getting the same treatment automatically and they aren't forced to jump through hoops to get it.

Why is it that games like Wipeout say 'temporarily out of stock', where as UMVC3 says 'Typically ships in 2 to 5 weeks'? Estimated delivery date says mid march to receive UMVC3... I understand that they are OOS, but are we really going to have to wait *that long*, or is this just some kind of error?

[quote name='TheGuardianWolf']Why is it that games like Wipeout say 'temporarily out of stock', where as UMVC3 says 'Typically ships in 2 to 5 weeks'? Estimated delivery date says mid march to receive UMVC3... I understand that they are OOS, but are we really going to have to wait *that long*, or is this just some kind of error?[/QUOTE]

It will most likely be earlier than that. My copy of BlazBlue was ordered when they didn't even have an estimated shipping date. Today, it was updated and will be delivered on 2/24. I'm still waiting for an update on Fifa as well.

After my second customer service failure, I was just going to stop, but I got the "did we solve your problem" email and I selected "no" and was directed to let them have one last chance to help me. I ended up talking with an American woman. I was still shot down. However, she said that all of the service reps who are giving people the deal retroactively are violating company policy and they are going to be dealt with. She also said she was an "Elite" service rep and she knows all about "the blogs". That statement was better than a refund.

[quote name='trent82']After my second customer service failure, I was just going to stop, but I got the "did we solve your problem" email and I selected "no" and was directed to let them have one last chance to help me. I ended up talking with an American woman. I was still shot down. However, she said that all of the service reps who are giving people the deal retroactively are violating company policy and they are going to be dealt with. She also said she was an "Elite" service rep and she knows all about "the blogs". That statement was better than a refund.[/QUOTE]

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Elite my ass. They aren't breaking policy at all, considering they're one time exceptions.

[quote name='trent82']After my second customer service failure, I was just going to stop, but I got the "did we solve your problem" email and I selected "no" and was directed to let them have one last chance to help me. I ended up talking with an American woman. I was still shot down. However, she said that all of the service reps who are giving people the deal retroactively are violating company policy and they are going to be dealt with. She also said she was an "Elite" service rep and she knows all about "the blogs". That statement was better than a refund.[/QUOTE]

lol...thanks for a great laugh this morning. "the blogs" HAHA!! :applause:

[quote name='Bronson-Lee']HAHAHAHAHAHA

Elite my ass. They aren't breaking policy at all, considering they're one time exceptions.[/QUOTE]

I've had numerous "one time exceptions", which is usually due to some CS person not understanding where I said they went wrong, followed by them making it right this "one time".

I've been through this stuff whenever they drop the price significantly after I order something and it's still within the return window. Their lack of a price match policy within a return window is silly. I've had some CS reps credit me the difference and others will force me to return/re-order to get the new price. It makes no sense - not only does it cost the customer time and money, but it costs Amazon as well.

[quote name='Bronson-Lee']HAHAHAHAHAHA

Elite my ass. They aren't breaking policy at all, considering they're one time exceptions.[/QUOTE]

These things are not "one" time exceptions though. I have received about a dozen "one" time exceptions over the past few years. Amazon adjusts prices and always helps the customer out, which is why I almost expect them to adjust the price anymore (even if they are not supposed to).

Just go shot down after an online chat with Amazon CSR. Seems they wont budge on this now and pretty pissed. Guess I will just refuse return my 5 games and buy from Target instead.

ChatEnd Chat
You are now connected to Ruslyn from Amazon.com.
Me:Hello I would like find out how I can apply for the new PS Vita promotion you have right now where you are offering a buy 2 get 1 free vita game. I had ordered 5 vita games a week ago but they have shipped. Is there anyway I can request a promotion equal to the value of this promotion?
Ruslyn:Hello, my name is Ruslyn.
Me:my Order #1XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
hello Ruslyn
Ruslyn:Hi I hope you're fine. I'd be happy to verify this for you one moment, please.
Me:thank you
Ruslyn:Thank you for patiently waiting as I verified this with my supervisor I have found out that we must be issuing you a $20 promotion in your account. Unfortunately I can't see this on my end let me create a follow-up on this once the promotion was already been credited in your account.
Me:Thank you for the 20 dollar credit but how is that applied? in my scenario? I can see if you take the lowest price games as the free one in my purchase that would actually leave a 30 dollar credit
for example if 49.96 plus 39.96 gives me one free game of the (-29.99) that would leave my remaining two games at 39.96. and 29.99 with another (-29.99) as credit.
technically a 59.98 credit would be equal to your current promotion, so would that be possible?
Ruslyn:Moment I've doubled check on this and found out that the promotion was launched on February 20-February 25. Unfortunate you've placed your order last February 9. That means you are not eligible for the promotion already.
Me:So you are saying if I order these games now I can take advantage of the promotion and then have to return the same games to you? and this is because I decided to order them in advance? I have not even received the order at this time.
I had sent a message to a CSR last week asking about matching the promotion that Target is offering this week and he indicated I could cancel my existing order and then wait for a promotion
but at that time I was not even able to cancel it
so I was stuck
Can you please check again to see if there is any possible way to honor my request for a credit of 59.98? I would much rather purchase from Amazon instead of Target
Is there any way you can help me out on this issue?
Ruslyn:As much as I would love to but honestly I can't issue the promo in your account since they are not eligible for the promotion already.
Me:well thank you for trying. I will just have to return this order as soon as I receive it then and will take advantage of the promotion through Target
Ruslyn:I think that would be the best solution as of this moment. Thank you for your understanding I really appreciate it.
Me:so I am not going to be receiving any promotional credit at this time at all if I keep this order is that correct?
Ruslyn:Yes, since they are not eligible for the promo time frame already.
Me:I see
can you tell me what is the easiest way to return this order to amazon then once i receive it? Do I have to request a return?
Ruslyn:If you want to return this you can refuse the shipment when it arrives.
Me:actually I see it on the website now so I will request a return now through the online system
This is the first time Amazon has let me down by the way. Will think twice about buying from Amazon from now on.
Ruslyn:I'm sorry, as much as I would love to issue a promo in your acccount
I can't since there is no valid promotion for this order.
Me:Have you asked your team leader as well and received the same response regarding my request?
Ruslyn:Yes, I've already consulted by supervisor and same advise was provided. I hope you give us another chance to fulfill your future purchases.
Me:Thanks
I will be sure to post on the boards to let people know not to try to request the same thing and buy from Target instead as that seems to be the solution.
thanks for trying though I appreciate it.
Ruslyn:You're most welcome and thanks for visiting Amazon. Have a great day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why not just re-order your games using the promotion and return the ones you get in place of the ones you bought and possibly opened prior to the sale? That's what most stores do. Anything beyond that deserves a kudo even if it is a hit or miss. At least this wasn't a Newegg promotion, their CS rules are rough.

[quote name='fortunado']Why not just re-order your games using the promotion and return the ones you get in place of the ones you bought and possibly opened prior to the sale? That's what most stores do. Anything beyond that deserves a kudo even if it is a hit or miss. At least this wasn't a Newegg promotion, their CS rules are rough.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm done trying to make it easy on them. All I want to see now is if they add more games tomorrow. Right now I want Lumines and Wipeout. I can't either return hot shots golf and rebuy, or if they put up katamari I might just go with that and forgo the whole return thing. That would give me 5 games purchased at launch. (and one more thanks to MJ glitch). More than any other launch for me. Hell I don't even own 5 games for 3ds still. I'm usually not big on portables, but I'm falling for this one big time.

Quick question. I noticed Amazon sales rep says to simply "refuse" the package if we do not want it anymore after its shipped. If we were to refuse the package, will we be charged for shipping back and/or restocking fee?

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']These things are not "one" time exceptions though. I have received about a dozen "one" time exceptions over the past few years. Amazon adjusts prices and always helps the customer out, which is why I almost expect them to adjust the price anymore (even if they are not supposed to).[/QUOTE]

They may not be in nature, but they consider that the workaround and essentially the unofficial price match policy, while keeping the official one.

tldr;that was the point.

[quote name='mkm1998']Yeah I'm done trying to make it easy on them. All I want to see now is if they add more games tomorrow. Right now I want Lumines and Wipeout. I can't either return hot shots golf and rebuy, or if they put up katamari I might just go with that and forgo the whole return thing. That would give me 5 games purchased at launch. (and one more thanks to MJ glitch). More than any other launch for me. Hell I don't even own 5 games for 3ds still. I'm usually not big on portables, but I'm falling for this one big time.[/QUOTE]

Still waiting to see if they add tomorrow's games also. Otherwise, I don't really want anything from the list except Rayman right now. If they add Dynasty Warriors, I'll probably grab those two and maybe Lumines or Hot Shot Golf though.

[quote name='ZeTeny']Quick question. I noticed Amazon sales rep says to simply "refuse" the package if we do not want it anymore after its shipped. If we were to refuse the package, will we be charged for shipping back and/or restocking fee?[/QUOTE]

No on both. However, I would caution you from refusing packages often as it costs Amazon money. A note may be placed on your account for frequent returns also.

I'd consider sending back my copy of Uncharted from last week, and then reordering it with two other games, but with so many now out of stock there's no real point. Only other game I'm missing is Hot Shots and I can wait on that one, assuming they don't add more games on Wednesday.

[quote name='knightsdwn']No on both. However, I would caution you from refusing packages often as it costs Amazon money. A note may be placed on your account for frequent returns also.[/QUOTE]

I see, good to know. I don't plan on refusing packages as I never regret the things I purchased from Amazon. But I felt I should ask for future reference. Thank you.

They got rid of a bunch of titles, including Marvel vs. Capcom... I guess the ones that got backordered?

Also, weren't Hot Shots Golf and Wipeout 10 bucks cheaper last week anyway?

Heads up. Target.com b2g1 is working and they have uncharted at $39.99. It also works on at least one preorder (RESISTANCE).

Can't find hte origianl thread so if someone wants to bump that too thanks

Got my copy of WipEout. Ordered it yesterday, and it came here all the way from Kentucky- surprised at how fast it arrived. The game cases are so small, it's kind of weird. And there's almost nothing inside except for the game and online pass- not complaining though.

[quote name='GBAstar']Heads up. Target.com b2g1 is working and they have uncharted at $39.99. It also works on at least one preorder (RESISTANCE).

Can't find hte origianl thread so if someone wants to bump that too thanks[/QUOTE]

Ordered 3 I actually want. Thanks!

I guess Target stores don't price match their own web site prices? I'd like to get Uncharted for $40 in the deal. I'm sure it's $50 at the store though.

Maybe they'll add a few more titles soon. Is it confirmed that they won't be carrying Lumines?

[quote name='illmatic21']Is it confirmed that they won't be carrying Lumines?[/QUOTE]
I just saw Lumines in store during lunch.

[quote name='caltab']This thread reminds me of the fact that Amazon has been known to permanently ban people from their site. I'd be careful being too pushy with Amazon.

See here:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306392

http://archive.slickdeals.net/f/908910-Mass-Closing-of-Amazon-Accounts-by-Amazon[/QUOTE]

I am not too worried about that. This is the first time I have requested a price adjustment in over a year, and only the 2nd time I have had to use their customer service in the past year (2nd was faulty packaging on their part, and the game was crushed). Most of my dealings with their customer service came back in 2008-2009 I believe. Last year alone, I had 120 separate orders from Amazon, so 2 issues out of 120 orders isn't bad. It seems that most of the people that are banned do too many returns, which is why I always try to avoid that option.

I don't feel anyone here is being unreasonable and shouldn't worry about being banned. Amazon has likely received a good amount of complaints and requests for price adjustments over this deal, so they know people are upset.

TLDR: Don't worry, be happy :)

[quote name='GBAstar']Heads up. Target.com b2g1 is working and they have uncharted at $39.99. It also works on at least one preorder (RESISTANCE).

Can't find hte origianl thread so if someone wants to bump that too thanks[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that, got Uncharted, HSG, and Resistance. Will be taking the Uncharted I get from Target for $40 and sending it back to Amazon to refund $50, and end up with two games I really wanted for cheap. The $10 savings will counter shipping and tax, so it ends up GG.

[quote name='GBAstar']Heads up. Target.com b2g1 is working and they have uncharted at $39.99. It also works on at least one preorder (RESISTANCE).[/QUOTE]

Very interesting but it seems that a lot of games don't work with the deal. I wish Gravity Rush did.

When I first looked at that link there were like 15 games. I couldnt decide and now I see there are only 10 games. Hope they add some back. I hate GS and Target is to far away.

Great deal, bought some games
happy.gif

I went with Target, they have Resistance as B2G1 promo, a mistake for sure, but I can't find my third $40 game. If they cancel on me, no big deal. Oh, applying $% off coupon and 5% Red card discount, my total came out to be $77 shipped, cheaper than Amazon.

[quote name='Serpentor']I went with Target, they have Resistance as B2G1 promo, a mistake for sure, but I can't find my third $40 game. If they cancel on me, no big deal. Oh, applying $% off coupon and 5% Red card discount, my total came out to be $77 shipped, cheaper than Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Strange, can't find UMVC3 on Target's site . . . I guess they don't carry it? They don't have Rayman either (for Vita), I know that's been mentioned here several times already.

I don't know about you guys, but as far as Amazon goes, I'm not having any trouble getting OOS games to apply to this deal... Go to the game's page, click the list of sellers, add from Amazon. I'm just waiting to see if they give me that $20 credit within the next 2 days before I order.

[quote name='chimpmeister']Strange, can't find UMVC3 on Target's site . . . I guess they don't carry it? They don't have Rayman either (for Vita), I know that's been mentioned here several times already.[/QUOTE]

Just got back from my local target and the had copies of UMvC3 on the shelves. Can't speak for online though. They also definitely won't match their $39.99 Uncharted online price in store. Found that out the hard way from a very grumpy employee.

bread's done
Back