Buy 2 Select Games, get $5/$10 off each plus $15/$20 Credit at Amazon

Egos

CAGiversary!
Amazon is running two separate promotions on select titles.

iconamazon.gif
Buy 2 select games, get $10 off each and get a $20 credit
Highlights include:
:wii: Donkey Kong Country Returns $39.99
:wii: Kirby's Epic Yarn $39.99

:wii: Disney Epic Mickey $39.99
:360: CoD : Black Ops $49.99

iconamazon.gif
Buy 2 select games, get $5 off each and get a $15 credit
Highlights include:
:ds: Super Scribblenauts $24.99
:ds: Sonic Colors $19.99
:psp: God of War: Ghost of Sparta $29.96

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bk187']For all those looking at DKCR:

If you go to the DKCR page itself, it still lists the $20 credit promotion. I bet if you ordered it you would either get it, or if you didn't get it, just ask them and they would give it.[/QUOTE]

i don't see that on dkcr or or epic mickey. kirby and black ops is part of the deal, black op has that bonus offer but kirby doesn't.

i would have gotten dkcr and epic mickey, since i already have kriby but won't now.. guess amazon doesn't need the sales.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Please be making a joke..........[/QUOTE]

For some reason, I doubt it.

But I'm somewhat of a "glass is half empty", "lost all hope in humanity", "let 'em burn", etc., kind of person :lol:

[quote name='confoosious']There's also a $10 mastercard credit for prime members for certain (all?) of those games.[/QUOTE]

How does this work? Just be a Prime member, purchase two games, and use any mastercard for payment?

[quote name='dualedge2']For some reason, I doubt it.

But I'm somewhat of a "glass is half empty", "lost all hope in humanity", "let 'em burn", etc., kind of person :lol:[/QUOTE]

whats wrong with donkey kong? news flash guys...THEY ARE ALL VIDEO GAMES.

anyways enough of the petty bs, has anybody actually ordered this offer? Usually it will say in check out your 2 games qualify for a promotional credit and also on the email but just ordered and it made no mention of it...

I've been looking to get Sonic Colors on the Wii for $30 or cheaper, yeah I know it's good but to me it's just another Sonic game on top of all the other Sonic games I own. But since that's not going to happen, on Amazon at least and I have no store in my town to buy games, maybe I should just buy DKC: Returns right now, no extra game or bonus deal attached to it, it's $37.56 in my Quick Picks. I've become way too cheap ass of a gamer, if that's possible.

god of war ghost of sparta is currently $20 in lightning deal, and still works with this. Can't find a decent 2nd game though.

[quote name='kodave']Welp, removing DKCR from the list makes the decision to not spend money easier.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was thinking of doing Spider-Man + Donkey Kong. Kept holding off though because it's supposed to be hard.

I wouldn't mind Spider-Man, COD BLOPS or Castlevania...but the latter two especially I'm not willing to spend that much on when I have...I was going to say "90 games" to play as an exaggeration, but actually it's over 100 in reality :lol:

[quote name='midorix']How does this work? Just be a Prime member, purchase two games, and use any mastercard for payment?[/QUOTE]

"Special Offers and Product Promotions
  • Get free 2-day shipping when you use your MasterCard to purchase $75 or more in eligible items from our Holiday Toy List that are sold and shipped by Amazon. If you're an Amazon Prime member, you'll receive a $10 credit towards a future purchase. Here's how (restrictions apply)"

[quote name='scottman']god of war ghost of sparta is currently $20 in lightning deal, and still works with this. Can't find a decent 2nd game though.[/QUOTE]

Whoa, I didn't even SEE lightning deals...Amazon's doing a super crappy job exposing any of their sales...I'll hunt around for it.

Same deal though, I don't have a second game for it, although maybe for that much more off I should just pick something...

[quote name='billydeewilliams']whats wrong with donkey kong? news flash guys...THEY ARE ALL VIDEO GAMES.

anyways enough of the petty bs, has anybody actually ordered this offer? Usually it will say in check out your 2 games qualify for a promotional credit and also on the email but just ordered and it made no mention of it...[/QUOTE]

There's nothing wrong with DKCR. It's one of the best wii games out.

He's laughing at you cause you called it a "bitch move" like Amazon did it to spite people. They simply ran out of sales stock. To be honest, I laughed at you too.

Those looking for a second game, maybe buy Sonic Colors? You trade it in for 15.XX, so you're spending another 5 dollars, but by buying a second game you're getting a promo credit of 15. Not a bad deal in my opinion.
I'm doing the reverse-- God of War trades in for 20, so I'm trading it back to them to get Sonic Colors for 5.00.

[quote name='confoosious']There's nothing wrong with DKCR. It's one of the best wii games out.

He's laughing at you cause you called it a "bitch move" like Amazon did it to spite people. They simply ran out of sales stock. To be honest, I laughed at you too.[/QUOTE]

the internet. where anal retentive people come to feel good about themselves.

likewise pal

[quote name='confoosious']Well, stop dilly dallying then. For the people who got in on the deal, they're glad that amazon did put it up, even if it's for a limited time/units.

You can't expect them to sell all their copies at the super cheap price. Even amazon needs to make money.[/QUOTE]
They don't lose money, no matter how "super cheap" or limited a deal is. I don't expect it, and I never said I did. I also didn't say that I think amazon shouldn't have had the deal at all.

The company they are "price matching" lists beforehand how long their deal goes for. If I walk into that store, I won't be told that the deal is off when they still have the item on the shelves. They are different companies, different types of companies, and I know that. I don't demand this service from amazon, and I'm not going to shop elsewhere; I just think it'd be nice if I knew if something was available for a very limited time, like I know with lightning deals. Do you disagree?

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Those looking for a second game, maybe buy Sonic Colors? You trade it in for 15.XX, so you're spending another 5 dollars, but by buying a second game you're getting a promo credit of 15. Not a bad deal in my opinion.
I'm doing the reverse-- God of War trades in for 20, so I'm trading it back to them to get Sonic Colors for 5.00.[/QUOTE]

or you can sell it on ebay.

[quote name='billydeewilliams']or you can sell it on ebay.[/QUOTE]
Eh, yeah. You probably stand to make about another 5 dollars at best after fees. May be worth it for some.

[quote name='Zurcamos']They don't lose money, no matter how "super cheap" or limited a deal is. I don't expect it, and I never said I did. I also didn't say that I think amazon shouldn't have had the deal at all.

The company they are "price matching" lists beforehand how long their deal goes for. If I walk into that store, I won't be told that the deal is off when they still have the item on the shelves. They are different companies, different types of companies, and I know that. I don't demand this service from amazon, and I'm not going to shop elsewhere; I just think it'd be nice if I knew if something was available for a very limited time, like I know with lightning deals. Do you disagree?[/QUOTE]

Yes, at some point, they will lose money. I'm sure they do it all the time to clear out old stock. Inventory comes at a cost.

Amazon is never ever ever going to tell you how many units they have on sale. If a sale is good enough, it will get sold out quickly. That's just the way it goes. I don't understand what the issue is here. You're mad at Amazon for even bothering to have sales just cause it's limited?

This happens all the time at brick and mortar stores as well. They advertise xx units at a certain price for a certain day. When they sell out, they just don't bring any more out from the back, even if there are units in stock. Do you get mad at Target for having the sale? The only luxury that Amazon has over them is that they don't have to tell them when the sale ends -- just while supplies last. Surely you understand that supplies aren't infinite?

hey Billydee - to paraphrase Eddie Murphy when he was funny, have a colt 45 and a smile and ...

I already posted this in another thread, but just in case people didn't see it...

God of War Ghost of Sparta is 19.99 Lightning Deal right now.

It also qualifies for the buy 2 get $15 promo credit on amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003L51GW2

Not bad if you are looking for one of the other games on the list.

Terms:
Save $5 Plus Get a $15 Amazon.com Credit When You Buy 2 Games

For a limited time, save $5 on the select titles below. Want an even bigger deal? Buy 2 or more and receive a $15 Amazon.com credit (certain restrictions apply).

Order two or more qualifying items and receive a $15 promotional credit toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including Kindle books, MP3s, and video rentals and downloads). The promotional credit will be added directly to your Amazon.com account within two days after your order ships. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Limit one per household. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. *See full terms and conditions below.

[quote name='Zurcamos']They don't lose money, no matter how "super cheap" or limited a deal is. I don't expect it, and I never said I did. I also didn't say that I think amazon shouldn't have had the deal at all.

The company they are "price matching" lists beforehand how long their deal goes for. If I walk into that store, I won't be told that the deal is off when they still have the item on the shelves. They are different companies, different types of companies, and I know that. I don't demand this service from amazon, and I'm not going to shop elsewhere; I just think it'd be nice if I knew if something was available for a very limited time, like I know with lightning deals. Do you disagree?[/QUOTE]

I agree with you. Definitely sucks to have your eye on a deal, step away from your PC for a few minutes, and WHOOSH! IT'S GONE!

Anyone who doesn't complain about this is a robot. :joystick:

So I missed the DK part of this sale... On the bright side, all this means is that Amazon wants me to save those $80 for another store/purchase. :roll:

how are you adding the two promos into the cart? If I go via the click the boxes offer, GOW comes up

$30.00.

Dont see how you can double dip the deals

[quote name='supadupacheap']how are you adding the two promos into the cart? If I go via the click the boxes offer, GOW comes up

$30.00.

Dont see how you can double dip the deals[/QUOTE]

I added sonic colors or whatever game you want off the list first, than went to GOW lightening deal and added it to my cart, make sure to click on the lightening deal link to the right to get the $20 price, before you confirm payment you will see that you qualified for the GC and the price for the two I choose came to $39.XX. It will be $30 for GOW until the end of checkout.

You don't need to add the games through the promo page, just GoW from the lightning deal. At the final checkout, there should be a message on top saying you qualify for $15, and each game shows it under its title.

And I have no idea why sims agent is waitlist and GoW, which just came out for $40, has barely sold any.

[quote name='jputahraptor']I added sonic colors or whatever game you want off the list first, than went to GOW lightening deal and added it to my cart, make sure to click on the lightening deal link to the right to get the $20 price, before you confirm payment you will see that you qualified for the GC and the price for the two I choose came to $39.XX. It will be $30 for GOW until the end of checkout.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man, will do.

Love the avatar btw.

To the guy "buy 2 trade in ... can only get a single copy via lightning deal price or am I wrong?

[quote name='supadupacheap']Thanks man, will do.

Love the avatar btw.

To the guy "buy 2 trade in ... can only get a single copy via lightning deal price or am I wrong?[/QUOTE]

No problem, I figured others would have the same question, had to play around with it to work, just to clarify, you only use the promo page to find what game you want, then you go to that items page and add it to cart, no checking boxes.

And thanks, I'm still in love with her after all these years :)

Ok so Ive run this through my noggin and this is the best I can do. (saw somebody said GOW for $5 but I dont see it)

Step 1: Steal underpants

Step 2: Gow for $20. Sonic Colors for $20 Total Spent: $40

Step 3: $15 credit = $25 invested.

Step 4: Trade in colors for $15ish

Net: $10ish for GOW.

i went for sonic colors and ghost of sparta as well. not a bad deal for 43 dollars with free shipping (and the ugh caliber tax Washington state forces.) with 15 dollar promo credit. when do these promo credits come?

thats my plan too. ordered sonic colors and gow. locked in my trade of sonic for 15.75. paid 39.98 for gow and 30.75 in amazon credit which equals 9.23 for gow.

[quote name='dxology']thats my plan too. ordered sonic colors and gow. locked in my trade of sonic for 15.75. paid 39.98 for gow and 30.75 in amazon credit which equals 9.23 for gow.[/QUOTE]

just did same

Perfect place to use my $10 credit from coinstar.

God of War PSP + Super Scribblenauts for the daughter - $35+ $15 credit.

[quote name='billydeewilliams']when you guys did the deal did they mention anything about the $15 credit in checkout or in the confirmation email?[/QUOTE]

No, you'll receive an email about your promotional credit within 48 hours after your order ships.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']No, you'll receive an email about your promotional credit within 48 hours after your order ships.[/QUOTE]

sheeesh thanks for lettin me know. thought something went wrong

[quote name='billydeewilliams']when you guys did the deal did they mention anything about the $15 credit in checkout or in the confirmation email?[/QUOTE]

On the final checkout page, there was a message on top that said you qualify for the $15 credit. It was easy to overlook though.

[quote name='Masterkyo']In for GOW & Sonic Color for $40 - $15 GC = $25 is not bad deal ;)[/QUOTE]

Except the math is GoW & Sonic Color + $15 future credit for $40.

[quote name='scottman']On the final checkout page, there was a message on top that said you qualify for the $15 credit. It was easy to overlook though.[/QUOTE]

see i didnt get that and usually i get that when i order and there is a promotion going:cry:

bread's done
Back