Buy a video game off amazon get 50% off a magizine sub..

slidecage

CAGiversary!
Feedback
106 (100%)
Just got the list of mags

Official Xbox Magazine [with DVD] (1-year)
Future US, Inc.
List Price: $119.88
Our Price: $24.95
You Save: $94.93 (79%)

PlayStation: The Official Magazine (1-year)
Future US, Inc.
List Price: $71.88
Our Price: $18.00
You Save: $53.88 (75%)

Nintendo Power
Future US, Inc.
List Price: $59.88
Our Price: $19.95
You Save: $39.93 (67%)

PC Gamer (1-year)
Future US, Inc.
List Price: $107.88
Our Price: $19.95
You Save: $87.93 (82%)

take 50% off the price of those.... i might do nintendo power since i got the buzz psp game the other day

I guess I've never actually saw this posted but I already knew about it as I had a dozen emails from last Black Friday waiting for me to cash in.
Thanks OP for the reminder.

[quote name='rdogg1026']Repost Repost[/QUOTE]

link topic if you can... i seen the BUy a game get a mag awhile back but never seen the list... Funny thing is amazon would not even tell me the list until the items shipped ... Have no idea why they would not tell the list

I do not see anything about LIMIT 1 per houshold... tempted to buy another game to get another mag

ALSO can not tell if you can only buy NEW memberships or can add on to memberships if you already have the books

edit guess im not.. Amazon pushed the dark spire back to 29.99... would of grabbed it at 28.. 30 is just too much.... + can see this game crashing very quickly

Nice find. I just got an offer this week (and took advantage of it for the Playstation and Xbox magazines-already have 2 years of PC Gamer), and I should have thought to post.

[quote name='Cindaddy']Appreciate the effort. Those are some high magazine prices even after the discount.[/QUOTE]

*confused* Err...they're cheaper than anything else I'm aware of. They're half the price Amazon normally charges, which is already cheaper than buying them directly usually.

[quote name='brad_schl']How does this offer work? Does it pop up after you complete an order that includes any video game?[/QUOTE]

I (and I think the OP) got an email a while after ordering with a link.

[quote name='turls']Be ready to fight with the publisher on duplicate subs if you are renewing.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure? Whenever I've reordered through Amazon, it always just tacks on the extra year or whatever. At least that's what happens with these Future magazines. I've done that with PC Gamer, Maximum PC, and I think the Playstation magazine too. So far no problems, just adds another year.

(Honestly I kind of like just handling renewals through Amazon than dealing with those cards and mailing stuff in-even aside from the better prices which are what get me to subscribe in the first place.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']That's the standard rate on Nintendo Power. Not a deal at all.[/QUOTE]

You take 50% off that, so it would be $10

[quote name='brad_schl']How does this offer work? Does it pop up after you complete an order that includes any video game?[/QUOTE]

You'll receive an email from Amazon. Here's mine:

[quote name='Amazon']
Thanks to your recent video games purchase you can now get up to four video games magazine at 50% off, as low as $9.00 after discount.

Click here for a list of eligible magazines. Make your selections and checkout, the discount will apply automatically at final checkout.

Thank you for being an Amazon.com customer.

Amazon.com

Order Id reference: 105-2032051-XXXXXXX[/quote]

The "click here" linked to the list of eligible magazines.

I subscribed to the Xboxl Magazine, since it works out to only about $1 per issue and comes with the DVDs.

For those who got the email invite, can I ask when did you buy the game, how long after you bought it did you receive the email and how much was the game that you bought to get the invite?

I ask because I bought Crackdown a little over two weeks ago off of Amazon when it was the deal of the day (at $10) and I'm wondering if I might be getting one of these emails as well. Wouldn't mind picking up the Xbox Mag if it's real cheap. Especially if it comes with the DVD.

I don't know, OXM w/ disc for $12 and some change? I'm all over that. I got the email about that, good times.

[quote name='The End']For those who got the email invite, can I ask when did you buy the game, how long after you bought it did you receive the email and how much was the game that you bought to get the invite?[/quote]

The deal has been part of all the games I have bought from Amazon the past couple of weeks. You get the email the day your game ships.

I picked up PC Gamer WITH CD for $10 and XBOX magazine WITH CD for $12. Seems like great prices considering these are the CD included versions.

I have received this offer multiple times now. Anyone know If I can just keep doing the offer and adding years? I don't want to start getting 5 copies of the same magazine.

Also has anyone ever seen cheaper prices for the CD versions of these magazines?

[quote name='pasko']Thanks for sharing, but not a good deal IMO...[/QUOTE]

To echo everyone else, I've never seen these magazines for this low. Not subs that included the discs, at least.

Remember, these are the prices after the 50% off discount:

Official Xbox Magazine [with DVD] (1-year)
$12.47

$9.00

Nintendo Power
$9.97

PC Gamer (1-year)
$9.97

If you've seen these magazines cheaper somewhere else, please share with the rest of us. ;)

[quote name='pasko']Thanks for sharing, but not a good deal IMO...[/QUOTE]

How is this not a good deal? I've never seen this stuff cheaper any other way (at least anything *I'd* want to risk dealing with).

[quote name='asulu']mee too..
7.gif
[/QUOTE]

Me three!

[quote name='slidecage']when did
$9.00

stop putting game discs in with the books..[/QUOTE]

When the Official U.S. PlayStation Magazine was canceled in January 2007. Sony decided that all demos would be downloaded on the PS3.

PSM took the place of the "Official U.S. PlayStation Magazine" (OPM) and became "PlayStation: The Official Magazine" a year later in January 2008, and has never had any discs.

the only "deal" is the oxm.
you can find others much cheaper on various sites, they have the oxm too, but it's without disc.

[quote name='supaet']the only "deal" is the oxm.
you can find others much cheaper on various sites, they have the oxm too, but it's without disc.[/QUOTE]

Where? As many of us have been saying, we've not seen cheaper prices. If they are, they're probably with questionable sites.

[quote name='The End']For those who got the email invite, can I ask when did you buy the game, how long after you bought it did you receive the email and how much was the game that you bought to get the invite?

I ask because I bought Crackdown a little over two weeks ago off of Amazon when it was the deal of the day (at $10) and I'm wondering if I might be getting one of these emails as well. Wouldn't mind picking up the Xbox Mag if it's real cheap. Especially if it comes with the DVD.[/QUOTE]

nobody can answer this?

[quote name='iamthekiller']nobody can answer this?[/QUOTE]

did the game have the special offer when you got the item.. Not really sure when the promo started..

took me 2 days after the item shipped to get the email, so if you did not get the email t he offer probally was not running when you got the game

[quote name='iamthekiller']nobody can answer this? [/quote]

Sure they can. It was answered two posts under that question:

[quote name='bywaytm']The deal has been part of all the games I have bought from Amazon the past couple of weeks. You get the email the day your game ships.
[/QUOTE]

Three posts under, but who's counting?

Can anybody else share in how long it took after the shipment email? Just curious as mine's been a day since and the promo was on the page when I ordered (moon DS).

[quote name='iamthekiller']Three posts under, but who's counting?

Can anybody else share in how long it took after the shipment email? [/quote]

A second person weighed in a few posts above and said it took 2 days after the shipped confirmation for them to get it, so you should get it anytime now.

[quote name='ohboy10451']Are Nintendo Power & the laystation magazine any good?[/QUOTE]

I think they're pretty decent. They haven't blown me away, but they're decent.

Picked up Xbox Mag and Playstation Mag for $21.47, not as good as the $1 Subscriptions to Rollingstone and Mens Journals but still good especially since Xbox Mag has the discs.

[quote name='ohboy10451']Are Nintendo Power & the laystation magazine any good?[/QUOTE]

shocked noone saw this yet....

I want to order the LAYSTATION as well ;)

picked up nintendo&oxm&psm for a mere 89cents an issue..while not free, pretty damn dealy cosidering if you went through each in-mag-sub it would be $5.25

also does amazon bill when the mags ships?

I think they bill as soon as the company gets your info. It can take a little while (a few days? A week? I can't remember.)

I've been using them for Future magazines for a few years now and have had no issues. Much handier than ordering it other ways IMO, and so far I've always had time tacked on my subscription, etc.

bread's done
Back