Buy a Wii Console, Get a $50 Gift Card Free + Other Discounts Starts 12/5 at Walmart

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Minimum 10 consoles per store.

Also:

[quote name='TurboPascal']http://news.moneycentral.msn.com/provider/providerarticle.aspx?feed=PR&date=20091202&id=10785886

Some details

Now through Dec. 24, the retailer will offer 15-20% savings on 25 top video game titles, including games for kids, families and extreme gamers, in stores. Starting Saturday, Dec. 5, shoppers with a Wii on their wish list will have the added bonus of receiving a $50 Walmart Gift Card with the purchase of a $199 Wii console in stores, through Dec. 12 while supplies last.*

These newly priced titles, most of which are also available on www.walmart.com today, include these below and many others:
  • Mario & Sonic at the Winter Olympics (Wii) - now $40
  • Lego Rock Band (Wii) - now $40
  • Rock Band: Beatles (Wii) - now $40
  • MySims: Agents (Wii) - now $40
  • Tekken 6 (Xbox 360 and PS3) - now $50
  • Madden 2010 (Xbox 360 and PS3) - now $50
  • WWE 2010 (Xbox 360) - now $50, WWE 2010 (Wii) - now $40
  • Batman Arkham Asylum (Xbox 360) - now $50
  • Dragon Age: Origins (PS3) - now $50
  • Left 4 Dead 2 (Xbox 360) - now $50
  • Halo 3:ODST (Xbox 360) - now $50
  • Uncharted 2 (PS3) - now $50
[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow... I'm seriously considering buying a Wii now, especially since I still have a $100 gift card from buying a 360 Arcade :) Thanks Cheapy

...aaaaaand let the walmart riots begin again!

Can't wait for the gold box pricematch on amazon, selling out near instantaneously...

[quote name='bayagrow']Man that's tempting...but I spent so much on BF already :([/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat as you.. there are only a handful of Wii games that I'll actually even play but I'm very tempted.

Cool, I want to get one for my parents this Xmas and ALMOST bit on the Wii + $20 GC they're doing now...think I'll wait.

Ya know. If they do this for the Wii, the chances of them doing PS3 and/or 360 for the next 2 weeks is pretty high.

And then Amazon matches them..

*prays for $300 PS3 with $50 gift card*

[quote name='RedGamer']Ya know. If they do this for the Wii, the chances of them doing PS3 and/or 360 for the next 2 weeks is pretty high.

And then Amazon matches them..

*prays for $300 PS3 with $50 gift card*[/QUOTE]

Probably not on the 360. They did it a few weeks ago.

Nice deal. Not as awesome as Dell's BF deal with the New Super Mario Bros. deal combined with Bing cashback, but still a good deal.

Pretty solid deal for those not plugged into the Wii as of yet. You guys should pick out what games you are going to get though beforehand, because the Wii still has some slim pickings if you are looking for more mature games (shooters, sports games, etc.)

[quote name='fart_bubble']knew I should have waited. Buying it at TRU last week has been a comedy of errors[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way, though I bought mine when Amazon had the $25 Credit offer for buying one. And yes what they say about Wii is true. It's fun as hell, though more often than not mine just sits in my room collecting dust. Some games I've bought (Tiger Woods 10, Dead Space Extraction, Metroid Trilogy just to name a few) I haven't even touched.

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']I feel the same way, though I bought mine when Amazon had the $25 Credit offer for buying one. And yes what they say about Wii is true. It's fun as hell, though more often than not mine just sits in my room collecting dust. Some games I've bought (Tiger Woods 10, Dead Space Extraction, Metroid Trilogy just to name a few) I haven't even touched.[/QUOTE]

sad part is the main reason I wanted it was for the VC

[quote name='confoosious']Dell w/ Bing Cashback is a much better deal.

1) No walmart
2) No people[/QUOTE]
What is that deal? I went to Dell they don't even list the price. How do you get the cashback?

I wouldn't feel bad, I doubt many will get in on this deal.

[quote name='J7.']What is that deal? I went to Dell they don't even list the price. How do you get the cashback?

I wouldn't feel bad, I doubt many will get in on this deal.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if it's still working but:

1) Wii ($200)
2) Controller ($40)
3) New Super Mario Bros Wii ($50)

For $250. + Tax
-$50 Cashback

So around $210-$220 for basically a two player wii + NSMBW

Add a nunchuk for 20.

[quote name='confoosious']Not sure if it's still working but...
[/QUOTE]

It's not. That was Dell's Black Friday deal. It's long dead. Nice deal though.

Wonder why they aren't giving away a hundred dollar gift card like they did with the 360.

Might tell my friend about this. He's been wanting a Wii for awhile now.

[quote name='kross036']Wonder why they aren't giving away a hundred dollar gift card like they did with the 360.

Might tell my friend about this. He's been wanting a Wii for awhile now.[/QUOTE]

Cause there isn't enough incentive from Nintendo. The Wii just dropped to $199 from $249 not too long ago.

http://news.moneycentral.msn.com/provider/providerarticle.aspx?feed=PR&date=20091202&id=10785886

Some details

Now through Dec. 24, the retailer will offer 15-20% savings on 25 top video game titles, including games for kids, families and extreme gamers, in stores. Starting Saturday, Dec. 5, shoppers with a Wii on their wish list will have the added bonus of receiving a $50 Walmart Gift Card with the purchase of a $199 Wii console in stores, through Dec. 12 while supplies last.*

These newly priced titles, most of which are also available on www.walmart.com today, include these below and many others:
  • Mario & Sonic at the Winter Olympics (Wii) - now $40
  • Lego Rock Band (Wii) - now $40
  • Rock Band: Beatles (Wii) - now $40
  • MySims: Agents (Wii) - now $40
  • Tekken 6 (Xbox 360 and PS3) - now $50
  • Madden 2010 (Xbox 360 and PS3) - now $50
  • WWE 2010 (Xbox 360) - now $50, WWE 2010 (Wii) - now $40
  • Batman Arkham Asylum (Xbox 360) - now $50
  • Dragon Age: Origins (PS3) - now $50
  • Left 4 Dead 2 (Xbox 360) - now $50
  • Halo 3:ODST (Xbox 360) - now $50
  • Uncharted 2 (PS3) - now $50
The good news, this may prompts others to do the same -- so good news fellow CAGs!

That's not too bad. Anytime you can get a GC for that amount just for buying a console - it's a win. Not to thread crap or anything, but I was pretty happy with the deal I got on the Wii for my son on black friday. Of course, I was up til around 3am waiting for the site to update. But managed to get the Wii, extra remote and nunchuk, Mario and Sonic Winter Olympics, and Hasbro Family Fun Night 2 all for $249 thru walmart.com. I just don't see how that could be beat.

[quote name='schuerm26']Starting Saturday, Dec. 5, shoppers with a Wii on their wish list

What exactly is this wishlist? On their website?[/QUOTE]

No, it means if you wanted it, now is a good time to get the Wii if you did not already snag a better or similar deal.

Also note, that the stock market this morning had downgrades for GameStop and others because of this Walmart deal, so to counter this deal we may see similar deals from Target/Best Buy and perhaps Gamestop as well.

So, be on the lookout

[quote name='TurboPascal']No, it means if you wanted it, now is a good time to get the Wii if you did not already snag a better or similar deal.[/QUOTE]

Oh sorry. Misread it. I was thinking you had to have it on a wishlist through Walmart or something.

Doh...right deal, wrong system form me. What I'd like to see next is a gift card when purchasing a PS3, at least a $50 one like they're doing with the Wii, or even better a $100 like with the 360. Now that would be a very sweet deal for me...:twisted:

bread's done
Back