Buy a Xbox 360 Arcade, Get $100 Credit: Deal Extended to Those Who Cancelled

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
UPDATE: Emails are going out to those who cancelled their previous order:
[quote name='Tardcore']Hello from Amazon.com.

We noticed you cancelled your order# XXXXXXX originally placed during the Lightning Deal promotion for the Xbox 360 Arcade console on November 7, 2009. If you cancelled your order due to problems with the promotion, we want to make sure you can take advantage of this deal if you're still interested.

If you order an Xbox 360 Arcade Console by 11:59pm PT on November 14, your order will qualify you for the $100 promotional code. The $100 promotional code does not apply to the purchase of the Xbox 360 Arcade itself, but is valid for a qualifying future purchase. The offer is limit one per household and is not transferable.

To order the console, go to the product’s detail page listed below, add it to your cart for $199.99, and check out as normal. Please note, Amazon.com must be the seller in order for you to qualify for the promotion.

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Arcade/dp/B0029MAXS6

Your promotional code will be sent to you via e-mail (along with instructions for use) seven (7) business days after the qualifying order has shipped.

For additional details of the promotion, please see the following page:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?docId=1000450541

We're sorry for any inconvenience and hope to see you again soon.
Sincerely,

Customer Service Department
Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com[/QUOTE]

[IMG-R=5198]8415[/IMG-R]Today at 9AM and 3PM EST, Amazon matches Walmart's Xbox 360 Arcade promotion with these two Lightning Deals...which will sell out faster than lightning.

iconxbox360.gif
Buy a Xbox 360 Arcade, Get $100 Credit - 9AM & 3PM EST Amazon Lightning Deals

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kevzik']So do we refresh at 00:00:00 or will it automatically let us at to cart?[/QUOTE]

After the timer hits 0, you should see a Add to Cart link/button

[quote name='shido']After the timer hits 0, you should see a Add to Cart link/button[/QUOTE]

Awesome.

Well, whether I get one or not, I hope CAG can score more than SD (yeah right). GL all and goodnight.

[quote name='dizee']is amazon still sellin old 360s that RROD? might pick 1 up if they are RROD proof.[/QUOTE] Lol, no 360 is RROD proof!

[quote name='Apathetic-Irony']Any 360 can break, just like any PS3 or Wii can break. If what you're asking is whether or not their failure rate is in line with regular electronic products (which is around ~2-3% I believe?) then the answer is yes.[/QUOTE]

~2-3% is what the norm is but I do believe there is no chance the 360 is at that rate. To say it is that low is ridiculous!

[quote name='rmb']Lol, no 360 is RROD proof!

~2-3% is what the norm is but I do believe there is no chance the 360 is at that rate. To say it is that low is ridiculous![/QUOTE]

It is sad that such a nice machine was rushed to the point that the safe bet is you'll get a major failure at some point.

The fact that people are looking at this sale for a backup machine says a lot.

Playing Orange Box HL2 the other night and my 360 slowed to a crawl. Instant new gameplay mechanic: bullet time. I was anticipating RROD any moment. It finally returned to normal when I dispatched the last enemy in the encounter.

Tempted to get this as a backup. Am I right that if I just move my hard drive from my Elite to the Arcade I'll basically have an Elite-equivalent (albeit white)?

I hope I can get in on this deal. Even with my fast internet connection, I have a bad feeling at around 8:55 A.M it'll take around 2 minutes to refresh each time. Next refresh= 100% claimed. :(

I'll hope I don't have to go to WM, pay sales tax and deal with people fighting over one.

No need to worry people, there will be plenty of Xbox 360s for everyone that can afford one.

Wish I had the money so I can jump in on this deal, but even as an Ebay flip I would still lose about $30+ dollars. If I buy ANYTHING it has to be for a $ profit. Sure you get $100 digital credit but unfortunately I am still messed up trying to get a new job for the past months :cry:

An amazing deal for everyone who is able to get it. Good luck to everyone trying to get one. I would try, but I can't justify another 360.

omg yes! finally after all this waiting, i can finally get my first 360! Hopefully I manage to snag one during what inevitably seems to be another nanosecond lightning deal.

[quote name='CheapyD']They are going to sell out faster than lightning, so make sure you've got your 1-Click settings up-to-date.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure 1-Click doesn't work with Lightning Deals. Regardless, it doesn't matter because all you have to do is get a claim in and you have all day to check out.

Glad us normals are getting this deal, while the nutters and ebayers are camping out. :D

[quote name='earvcunanan']Gonna try to get this for the $100 GC, then sell the Arcade to a friend for $180. =D[/QUOTE]

Friend huh?

Unfortunately, unless this is a backup system for some, I don't think this is as much of a deal as it seems. If you do get it, odds are you will be spending your credit to buy a hard drive or at the very least a memory card (and of course only a microsoft sanctioned memory card will do). With all the downloading you are going to want to do, the HD will be a must buy. I'm on my 4th xbox (though they all have been covered either by EB warrenty or xbox so I haven't had to pay for a replacement yet) and I still don't have an HDMI port so this is tempting, but I need that bigger HD so I figure to just get an Elite when my next one dies. Granted though, this does take the sting off of realizing what you didn't get in the arcade version.

Wow, this is sooo tempting, but damn it's going to sell out in seconds like every popular Amazon video game deal. :p

Also, I'm pretty sure 1-click is not going make a difference since all you really need to do is add it to your cart before everyone else does.

The Jasper systems comes with the 524mb of memory installed, so you don't need the memory card to get you started. If you're not trying for this deal to replace your older model (like most of us are), you can always get the hard drives cheaper if you can find a good deal either preowned or at some of the great clearance prices this site has helped us find over the years. I picked up my :360: 120gb hd a year ago at Target for $45 clearance and Sears/Kmart has had some great deals too on them (if you can find them).

there's something i don't understand. everyone keeps saying that they will run out. then why do they have it twice. what will happen during the second one if they run out?

Yeah, now that I think about it, you have to click the Lightning deal link before you can do any of that one click stuff so that's not going to work.

I will look ahead to the other Gold Box deals as a few of them sound pretty good...there's a Hi Def deal and a laptop deal in there as well...

[quote name='F Bomb']there's something i don't understand. everyone keeps saying that they will run out. then why do they have it twice. what will happen during the second one if they run out?[/QUOTE]

I believe with Lightning Deals the issue is not that they sell all their inventory on hand, but that they allocate a limited amount to be sold for that deal. Usually the page states "All discounts claimed" or something to that effect, not "Sold out."

[quote name='gantt']I believe with Lightning Deals the issue is not that they sell all their inventory on hand, but that they allocate a limited amount to be sold for that deal. Usually the page states "All discounts claimed" or something to that effect, not "Sold out."[/QUOTE]
im really glad you explained it to me but at the same time i think i was happier thinking i had a chance lol

This is good news for people who don't want to fight the actual crowds of people. Hopefully, Best Buy will pricematch this deal to thin the crowds a bit more.

[quote name='F Bomb']would i have to use the 100 credit in one go?[/QUOTE]

I think this is the most important question for the thread.

In the description:

"Buy an Xbox 360 Arcade and Get a $100 Amazon.com Promotional Code"

Is this going to be a code like the MW2 pre-orders where you have to use the $100 towards one item even if the item is less than $100?

Can anyone confirm that this $100 will actually be a "credit" applied to your account (as described in the OP) and not a just a discount "code" as described in amazon's description?

[quote name='antlp89']I think this is the most important question for the thread.

In the description:

"Buy an Xbox 360 Arcade and Get a $100 Amazon.com Promotional Code"

Is this going to be a code like the MW2 pre-orders where you have to use the $100 towards one item even if the item is less than $100?

Can anyone confirm that this $100 will actually be a "credit" applied to your account (as described in the OP) and not a just a discount "code" as described in amazon's description?[/QUOTE]

hopefully it's gift credit. i guess we all just have to wait and see.

hmmm...... good question!!! Is it just $100 worth of Amazon credit? Has anyone ever done a deal like this before with Amazon? 03:10:49 to go!

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe if it's a promotional code, you have to use it all at once.

If it's a $100 Amazon gift card, you can use it on more than one transaction.

I was thinking about, but I would just spend that money on a 2nd Hard drive now that I lent my old 20gig back up to my step-brother. I may just have to pass on this deal due to all the b2g1 frees lately. Too many deals BEFORE Black Friday this year and my wallet can handle no more. lol

My xbox has disc reading errors, warranty ran out years ago, and i cannot afford this amazing deal(Damn B2G1). :(

Congrats to everyone who gets this great deal, and hopefully 'good luck' won't be necessary.

[quote name='SpamMeWithCrapPlz']While this deal is even slightly better then Walmarts, the catch is it will be incredibly hard to get one before everyone else. This will sell out

I would say Amazon wants to rule the world.
But seeing as though Wal-Mart is the most successful company in history, maybe not.
Maybe they are just trying to get in as many sales as possible, before all states do what NY has done with Taxes and online retailers.

[quote name='tears2040']:roll:

I honestly do not understand peoples thinking..... So it is harder to wait by your computer in the comfort of your home than camping out by Walmart.......

SMH[/QUOTE]

You're obviously not familiar with lightning deals. These will be lucky to last a minute.

[quote name='doodofdoods']You're obviously not familiar with lightning deals. These will be lucky to last a minute.[/QUOTE]

He has a VERY VERY VERY good point.
Although I'll still give it a shot.

[quote name='doodofdoods']You're obviously not familiar with lightning deals. These will be lucky to last a minute.[/QUOTE]

I call bullshit, we are in tough economic times. Less people ( myself ) simply do not have the money right now for this. More than 10+ different posters that are at Wal-mart right now have also reported that they are the only ones in line.

I'm sure that this deal we be sold out in less than an hour but 1 minute, IMPOSSIBLE I refuse and put any money on it that it will last longer than "1 minute "

Can any1 tell me how much will cost me to fully upgrade this? Does changing HD void warranty? I suppose answer is no but just confirming

Just to let you know - it looks like you can order the Wal-Mart one online at walmart.com but it comes with an egift card and not the physical one

[quote name='weaselbelly']how fully do you want to upgrade it? ie, size of HD you want? wireless? Number of controllers? HDMI?[/QUOTE]
Yes, everything

[quote name='tears2040']I call bullshit, we are in tough economic times. Less people ( myself ) simply do not have the money right now for this. More than 10+ different posters that are at Wal-mart right now have also reported that they are the only ones in line.

I'm sure that this deal we be sold out in less than an hour but 1 minute, IMPOSSIBLE I refuse and put any money on it that it will last longer than "1 minute "[/QUOTE]

We'll see. No matter how tough the times are, people will still jump on this quickly. The video game lightning deals were extremely fast. I missed both by no less than 5 minutes.

But this isn't a normal lightning deal where Amazon just puts an item on sale to boost sales without any competition. They are trying to beat Wal-mart on this deal so any amount of stock that they are selling needs to be equal with Wal-mart's. They will have plenty of these in stock.

bread's done
Back