Buy a Xbox 360 Arcade, Get $100 Credit: Deal Extended to Those Who Cancelled

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
UPDATE: Emails are going out to those who cancelled their previous order:
[quote name='Tardcore']Hello from Amazon.com.

We noticed you cancelled your order# XXXXXXX originally placed during the Lightning Deal promotion for the Xbox 360 Arcade console on November 7, 2009. If you cancelled your order due to problems with the promotion, we want to make sure you can take advantage of this deal if you're still interested.

If you order an Xbox 360 Arcade Console by 11:59pm PT on November 14, your order will qualify you for the $100 promotional code. The $100 promotional code does not apply to the purchase of the Xbox 360 Arcade itself, but is valid for a qualifying future purchase. The offer is limit one per household and is not transferable.

To order the console, go to the product’s detail page listed below, add it to your cart for $199.99, and check out as normal. Please note, Amazon.com must be the seller in order for you to qualify for the promotion.

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Arcade/dp/B0029MAXS6

Your promotional code will be sent to you via e-mail (along with instructions for use) seven (7) business days after the qualifying order has shipped.

For additional details of the promotion, please see the following page:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?docId=1000450541

We're sorry for any inconvenience and hope to see you again soon.
Sincerely,

Customer Service Department
Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com[/QUOTE]

[IMG-R=5198]8415[/IMG-R]Today at 9AM and 3PM EST, Amazon matches Walmart's Xbox 360 Arcade promotion with these two Lightning Deals...which will sell out faster than lightning.

iconxbox360.gif
Buy a Xbox 360 Arcade, Get $100 Credit - 9AM & 3PM EST Amazon Lightning Deals

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I got screwed and to be honest, this hurts my opinion of Amazon because I know for sure I clicked in time and everything. 100% crap.

[quote name='NJMane']I had $27 worth of promo credit and $100 in Trade-In credit and I still got the deal. So I dont think that this is the reason for the errors.[/QUOTE]

Did you apply a code to your order or was in on your account already? I applied the code to my account at the checkout page so maybe that is why.

I swear I've gotten in on lightning deals before where the item sold out but I didn't check out right away and still gotten the special price...Maybe I'm imagining it?

i have it in my cart right now, it shows the lightning deal, but when I go to checkout it says 199.99. I have some gc money on my account and a 10 dollar promo.

Screwed.

Placed the order 1 minute after going live. Didn't show up in the invoice so I called CSR. Went around in circles with someone from some 3rd world country, and after 20 minutes of trying to talk some sense to this person, I canceled the order. Don't trust them to "note the account", just looking at another 20min on the phone with them after you receive the thing and never getting the credit. Not worth any more of my time.

[quote name='DaFulla']On phone with CSR now, my email confirmation is timestamped 0900, and I didn't get the deal. I'll update with what they tell me.[/QUOTE]

OK, the CSR told me that she looked at her corporate communication, and that they are honoring the $100 promo code. So, I will have to wait 7 days until the Xbox ships to verify that. If I don't get the code, I'll have to argue with them, or return it. Either way, it will sit unopened until the code actually arrives.

I called Amazon because I didn't get the Lightning Deal discount at check-out, but they assured me that I did qualify for it and that the promotional $100 credit will be applied to my account within 7 business days. =D

[quote name='Kerig']Alright I called Amazon:

CANCEL YOUR ORDER IF IT SHOWS $199.99!! YOU DID NOT GET THE LIGHTNING DEAL!!!

She said even though I put it in my cart, because I didn't check out until after it was sold out, the lightning deal does NOT remain valid in your cart if the stock sells out before you check out.

I canceled my order before I even got off the phone with the rep. I'm going to Wal-mart (7:30 right now) and then I'll come back to Amazon for round 2 if WM doesn't have any left...[/QUOTE]

I don't believe that is an accurate statement, like other gold box deals I've gotten in on, I havent checked out right away until I was for sure getting it - 40 minutes later, I still had the lightning deal -.01 attached, and ordered. 199.98. Just like other deals from amazon.com...at least in my experience...

I got one in my cart right away and it still shows this in my cart though i havnt bought it

$199.99
Special Price: $199.98

but then checkout shows the 1 cent more
Items: $199.99
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Total Before Tax: $199.99
Estimated Tax: $0.00
Order Total: $199.9

hmmmm

[quote name='Eclipse3EB']Hmm... Did anyone who clicked the lightning deal NOT get the 199.98 price, but the 199.99 price?
Item(s) Subtotal: $199.99
Shipping & Handling: $9.48
Super Saver Discount: -$9.48
-----
-----
Grand Total:
$199.99

Does this mean something went wrong for me?[/QUOTE]

I have the same problem. Looks like their site got screwy.

I added the arcade unit seconds after it went live and had it sitting in my cart contemplating on whether I should bite. Only approximately 35 minutes later did I decide to purchase it and still had the $199.98 price.

i can confirm that it is not Promo credit that is screwing up this deal. I moved the xbox to saved for later and got rid of my promo credit by pre-ordering something. When I move the xbox back to my cart it still shows the lightning deal, but not when I go to checkout.

This is what I got.

Subtotal of Items: $199.99
Promotion Applied: -$10.00
Promotion Applied: -$5.00
Promotion Applied: -$10.00
Lightning Deal: -$0.01

So I guess it should state it at checkout confirm screen

Finding answers on this optical audio out port issue is harder than I thought it'd be. Found one post that might indicate that the original Component adapter (w/ the optical audio connector on it) is too thick to use along w/ the HDMI cable. Can anyone confirm this?

For anyone with PRIME...If you change your shipping to $3.99 overnight it changes the price to show the penny discount, at least thats how ive got it to work for me-just did it now.

Don't cancel anything yet boys and girls! My confirmation order showed up at $199.99 with no mention of the lightning deal. I just got off the phone with Amazon & they confirmed that I qualified for the $100 gift card. They even sent me a confirmation email after I spoke to them:

Hello, I looked into your order and can confirm $100 of promotional funds were applied to this order. it will be sent via email (along with instructions for use) seven (7) business days after the qualifying order has shipped. Restrictions apply, as set forth in the Terms and Conditions below Terms and Conditions: * Limit one promotional code per household.* Promotional code is only valid until 11:59pm PST on 12/31/2009.* Each promotional code can only be redeemed once into a customer's account.* Once redeemed, the full or remaining credit can be applied to a customer's future orders until the full amount is consumed or the promotion code expires.* Promotional code cannot be used to pay for gift-wrap, taxes, or shipping and handling charges.* Promotional code may not be combined with other offers in the same order. Generally, only one promotional code may be used per order.* Offer is not for resale and is not redeemable for cash.* Offer cannot be applied to orders already placed with Amazon.com.* Offer is not for resale and is not redeemable for cash.* Offer cannot be applied to orders already placed with Amazon.com.* If you return items purchased using a promotional code, you will not receive a refund for the amount of the offer.* Promotional code must be redeemed at our Web site, http://www.amazon.com, toward the purchase of by products sold by Amazon.com as the seller. If Amazon.com is not the seller, it will be noted on the product detail page.* Offer good while supplies last. Void where prohibited. Amazon reserves the right to cancel at any time

it helps if you are actually nice to them... thats the first rule when dealing w CS.. 3rd world or not.. the nicer you are the better service you get. Trust me. I did CS back in college, and I was always more accommodating to someone who was polite on the phone then to someone kicking and screaming about whatever.

[quote name='Arakias']I got one in my cart right away and it still shows this in my cart though i havnt bought it

$199.99

hmmmm[/QUOTE]

This is what you need to do.

If the GB promo shows in your cart, but not in your checkout page, DO NOT complete your checkout.

Call Amazon. The CSR will verify the GB discount in your cart.

The CSR will then try to check out for you.

If the discount does not show on checkout, they will adjust it for you manually, perhaps by just giving $100 off.

However, if you complete your checkout before doing the above steps, they have no way to verify that you got the GB deal, so you are SOL.

[quote name='caltab']i can confirm that it is not Promo credit that is screwing up this deal. I moved the xbox to saved for later and got rid of my promo credit by pre-ordering something. When I move the xbox back to my cart it still shows the lightning deal, but not when I go to checkout.[/QUOTE]

Oh. Well glad it wasnt something I did. Seems alot of people are having this issue so i would be shocked if amazon didnt honor them.

it helps if you are actually nice to them... thats the first rule when dealing w CS.. 3rd world or not.. the nicer you are the better service you get. Trust me. I did CS back in college, and I was always more accommodating to someone who was polite on the phone then to someone kicking and screaming about whatever.

Woo cool beans I got in on this deal. Picked up the 60GB HD pack as well as borderlands at the same time. Serves me right for waiting to open my 360 I bought from BB, now I can return it and for sure will get no hassles from BB. I will wait until I actually receive the amazon console to verify it's a Jasper before I do that though.

Don't cancel anything yet boys and girls! My confirmation order showed up at $199.99 with no mention of the lightning deal. I just got off the phone with Amazon & they confirmed that I qualified for the $100 gift card. They even sent me a confirmation email after I spoke to them:

Hello, I looked into your order and can confirm $100 of promotional funds were applied to this order. it will be sent via email (along with instructions for use) seven (7) business days after the qualifying order has shipped. Restrictions apply, as set forth in the Terms and Conditions below Terms and Conditions: * Limit one promotional code per household.* Promotional code is only valid until 11:59pm PST on 12/31/2009.* Each promotional code can only be redeemed once into a customer's account.* Once redeemed, the full or remaining credit can be applied to a customer's future orders until the full amount is consumed or the promotion code expires.* Promotional code cannot be used to pay for gift-wrap, taxes, or shipping and handling charges.* Promotional code may not be combined with other offers in the same order. Generally, only one promotional code may be used per order.* Offer is not for resale and is not redeemable for cash.* Offer cannot be applied to orders already placed with Amazon.com.* Offer is not for resale and is not redeemable for cash.* Offer cannot be applied to orders already placed with Amazon.com.* If you return items purchased using a promotional code, you will not receive a refund for the amount of the offer.* Promotional code must be redeemed at our Web site, http://www.amazon.com, toward the purchase of by products sold by Amazon.com as the seller. If Amazon.com is not the seller, it will be noted on the product detail page.* Offer good while supplies last. Void where prohibited. Amazon reserves the right to cancel at any time

I still don't know if I should pull the trigger. I already have a PS3 and it does pretty much all I need. if it were $99 then it'd be easier, even easier if I had a $30 credit towards a new console as some do. decisions decisions!

[quote name='Arakias']I got one in my cart right away and it still shows this in my cart though i havnt bought it

$199.99

hmmmm[/QUOTE]

This is what you need to do.

If the GB promo shows in your cart, but not in your checkout page, DO NOT complete your checkout.

Call Amazon. The CSR will verify the GB discount in your cart.

The CSR will then try to check out for you.

If the discount does not show on checkout, they will adjust it for you manually, perhaps by just giving $100 off.

However, if you complete your checkout before doing the above steps, they have no way to verify that you got the GB deal, so you are SOL.

I had the $199.99 price in my invoice and I just called Amazon Customer Service and the rep told me that people were getting both $199.98 (lightning deal) and $199.99 (normal price) while checking out with the Gold Box link. He further explained that after 7 days, if you had checked out successfully using the Gold Box link and despite not having the lightning deal discount appearing on the invoice, you will get the $100 Amazon promo code by e-mail. He backed up his statement by re-assuring that if it turns out that I didn't ultimately qualify I would be issued a full refund (even after receiving the item).

Judging by what everyone else wrote after talking to Amazon customer service, I'm not sure what to believe. Wait it out with nothing to lose or cancel my order now? Thoughts?

I feel bad for the Amazon reps, their phones are getting blown up all over the place

Welcome to e-commerce people, the internet is serious business.

[quote name='etcrane']Wow ... I just got fucked by Amazon .. anyone else?[/QUOTE]

I think somebody needs to start a poll. Did you get screwed by amazon today.
I sure did.
This has nothing to do with people using codes. Unless you completed your checkout in only a few seconds, you likely got screwed.

I'm glad I chose free shipping. sometimes it's hard to cancel the faster shipping methods. Although, the 2 seconds it took me to chose free shipping, is probably what prevented me from checking out in time for the deal.

I'm less upset about missing out on this, and MUCH MORE upset that A LOT of people who don't read forums will be charged in full, and never get the $100 promo card they are expecting. They'll never even realize that they missed out on the deal, so they won't bother canceling.
I made sure to put in "my two cents" in the comment box when canceling my order.

[quote name='SpeedBrkr']I had the $199.99 price in my invoice and I just called Amazon Customer Service and the rep told me that people were getting both $199.98 (lightning deal) and $199.99 (normal price) while checking out with the Gold Box link. He further explained that after 7 days, if you had checked out successfully using the Gold Box link and despite not having the lightning deal discount appearing on the invoice, you will get the $100 Amazon promo code by e-mail. He backed up his statement by re-assuring that if it turns out that I didn't ultimately qualify I would be issued a full refund (even after receiving the item).

Judging by what everyone else wrote after talking to Amazon customer service, I'm not sure what to believe. Wait it out with nothing to lose or cancel my order now? Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

just try and get in on the next one.

[quote name='caltab']For anyone with PRIME...If you change your shipping to $3.99 overnight it changes the price to show the penny discount, at least thats how ive got it to work for me-just did it now.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't work for me...thanks for sharing, though.

CSR told me I didn't get the lightning deal and I had her cancel the order (prior to this update about them honoring it, I literally called right after I got my order confirmation) ... but it's ok, Amazon got a nice little e-mail from me instead ... ;-)

[quote name='Reira']Doesn't work for me...thanks for sharing, though.[/QUOTE]

ya, sorry i realized im an idiot and looked at the total with .98 at the end and thought i had the discount...but it was just from .99 plus .99. It didn't work, still have it in my cart.

So I called Amazon twice and spoke to two separate Reps, both said that unless I had the 199.98 total, I didn't get in on the deal, even though I finalized everything, including checkout, under 40 seconds. So thanks for not helping Amazon, Wal-Mart will get my business. YMMV on them honoring the $100 promotion.

[quote name='Ed_']Are the boards screwy or just my iPhone? I keep seeing double and triple posts... o_0[/QUOTE]

Ive been noticing the same thing, your not alone...

My invoice says 199.99 and I called to confirm and I got the deal. I had to remove something from my cart before checking out. Here is the email I just recieved after talking to the Amazon CSR:

"Hello!

You can look for more information about the $100 Amazon.com promotional code here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=498226111&pf_rd_i=B0029MAXS6

We hope to see you soon.

We always strive to provide a high level of service, and we would appreciate your feedback. Please let us know if we resolved your inquiry.

If yes, click here:
http://www.amazon.com/rsvp-y?c=yewawdah3237227767&q=pf

If not, click here:
http://www.amazon.com/rsvp-n?c=yewawdah3237227767&q=pf

Please note: this e-mail was sent from an address that cannot accept incoming e-mail.

To contact us about an unrelated issue, please visit the Help section of our web site.

Best regards,

Ringo
http://www.amazon.com
=============================""

His name is Ringo, sweet!

bread's done
Back