Buy a Xbox 360 Arcade, Get $100 Credit: Deal Extended to Those Who Cancelled

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
UPDATE: Emails are going out to those who cancelled their previous order:
[quote name='Tardcore']Hello from Amazon.com.

We noticed you cancelled your order# XXXXXXX originally placed during the Lightning Deal promotion for the Xbox 360 Arcade console on November 7, 2009. If you cancelled your order due to problems with the promotion, we want to make sure you can take advantage of this deal if you're still interested.

If you order an Xbox 360 Arcade Console by 11:59pm PT on November 14, your order will qualify you for the $100 promotional code. The $100 promotional code does not apply to the purchase of the Xbox 360 Arcade itself, but is valid for a qualifying future purchase. The offer is limit one per household and is not transferable.

To order the console, go to the product’s detail page listed below, add it to your cart for $199.99, and check out as normal. Please note, Amazon.com must be the seller in order for you to qualify for the promotion.

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Arcade/dp/B0029MAXS6

Your promotional code will be sent to you via e-mail (along with instructions for use) seven (7) business days after the qualifying order has shipped.

For additional details of the promotion, please see the following page:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?docId=1000450541

We're sorry for any inconvenience and hope to see you again soon.
Sincerely,

Customer Service Department
Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com[/QUOTE]

[IMG-R=5198]8415[/IMG-R]Today at 9AM and 3PM EST, Amazon matches Walmart's Xbox 360 Arcade promotion with these two Lightning Deals...which will sell out faster than lightning.

iconxbox360.gif
Buy a Xbox 360 Arcade, Get $100 Credit - 9AM & 3PM EST Amazon Lightning Deals

Last edited by a moderator:
did i get it?

Items: $199.99 Shipping & Handling: $9.48 Super Saver Discount: -$9.48 Lightning Deal: -$0.01
pixel-grey._V47081715_.gif
Total Before Tax: $199.98 Estimated Tax: $17.75

[quote name='Vortextk']Cart shows penny discount, checkout page doesn't. ???[/QUOTE]

Same here. Still in for one, hoping everything works out. Missed out on the Walmart deal, but Amazon came through yet again. Maybe. :(

fuck lightning deals and their being unclear, add to cart, says special price, i proceed to checkout and it's 199.99 not 199.98. and then sold out, oh well, wasn't meant to be.

I clicked add to cart the second it changed. It showed 199.98 when i added it to my cart but on the last step it magically changed to 199.99. Not sure why. I thought once you added it to your cart you were in. Guess not...

I hope mine went through, I have an e-mail for 3:00 on the dot; but didn't see the "Lightning Deal", I ordered it the second it went up though. I'll have to e-mail them to make sure.

I had $100 in credit anyway, so even if it didn't, I just got a spare 360 for $96.01 (had a $5.00 credit as well).

Edit: and by no Lightning Deal, I mean it showed up in cart, but not checkout.

[quote name='Vortextk']Cart shows penny discount, checkout page doesn't. ???[/QUOTE]

same here, clicked on add to cart right at 12pm pst....

same here...guessing we didn't get one. :whistle2:?

I got in I think but the $100 gift card isn't in the cart... I don't want to order if I don't get the $100, obviously.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Just to be clear, the $100 credit doesn't show up on your cart or your order confirmation...right?[/QUOTE]

It should say "Lightning Deal: -$0.01" on your confirmation page.

[quote name='zenintrude']i got in on it (says $199.98 on my cart page), but it comes up as $199.99 when I go to check out... did I miss it or what?[/QUOTE]

Same here. Looks like I missed it.

Got it. See the 1 penny discount in in. Sweet! :D I'm impressed Amazon's server wasn't laggy at all (for me).

Clicked Add To Cart the instant the link appeared and it took nearly forever to get to the next page lol. Unfortunately it showed $199.99 this time too. xD

Congrats to everyone who got in. =)

If your total does not say the following:

Subtotal of Items:
$199.99
Shipping & Handling:
$9.48
Super Saver Discount:
-$9.48
Lightning Deal:
-$0.01

------
Total for this Order:
$199.98

Then you DID NOT get the deal.

199.99 yet again.
THis time I even allowed the $9 shipping.
Oh well, at least I've made it to the cancel screen without any problems.

[quote name='Wanderlai']Got one, just for practice to get ready for BF deals on Amazon. I dont want it though since I have the MW 2 Elite preordered.[/QUOTE]

You're an asshole.

Yeah my checkout page doesn't show promotion and price is $199.99. Although my cart shows the lightning deal price. Weird.

I had the 3:00 one up on my pc to see how fast they sell out (since I was asleep through the first one, and literally, I turned away from my computer for a sec, looked back and the bar snapped from 0 to 100% in an instant.

Good deal is good, I guess. I already owned one, so for me there was no point in participating. I hope the TV deal coming up is a doozy, though.

yeah if you get it in your cart, then get to check out and its not there, you weren't fast enough to check out w/ the special quantity allotted w/ the promo code. Otherwise, it's just another 360 in your cart.

If your checkout says 199.99, then you did NOT get it. It doesn't matter what your cart says. I got it but then hit a snag because I had other junk in my cart I needed to delete and by the time I did that (in 10 seconds) - sold out.

Hmmm... I bought it at $199.99 too after seeing the $0.01 savings in my cart. Did I get in? There is no mention of the gift card anywhere.

So get this, me and my brother do an order at the exact same time, same house, one room away. I actually finish my order first (I even called it out as we were somewhat racing!), he was delayed because he had to delete some older item from his cart he forgot he had in there. Yet, he got the discount, and I did not?! This is a royally screwed system Amazon has. :(

I got it so easy !

I was on my computer and also on my iphone 3g it went through on both, i only have one account and only bought 1 !

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Order Summary:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1] Shipping Details : (order will arrive in 1 shipment) [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1] Shipping Method: [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1] FREE Super Saver Shipping [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Shipping Preference:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Group my items into as few shipments as possible[/SIZE][/FONT] Subtotal of Items: $199.99 Shipping & Handling: $9.48 Super Saver Discount: -$9.48 Lightning Deal: -$0.01 ------ Total for this Order: $199.98 [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1] [/SIZE][/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:
Was ready and clicked the add to cart button as soon as the clock hit 0:00, but couldn't get the page to load fast enough, so the order that I placed was for $199.99, which I just canceled. Oh well, my 360 isn't busted yet, so I'll just worry about that when it finally goes out.

[quote name='hothitter']yeah if you get it in your cart, then get to check out and its not there, you weren't fast enough to check out w/ the special quantity allotted w/ the promo code. Otherwise, it's just another 360 in your cart.[/QUOTE]

The fucked up thing is the way these deals *usually* work is that if you get in on the deal, you have the rest of the day to decide to go through with it or not...

Ordered but then saw it didn't have the Lightning deal 0.01 discount, so I just cancelled mine. I want the laptop more than the 360 anyway.

[quote name='Reimu']It should say "Lightning Deal: -$0.01" on your confirmation page.[/QUOTE]

I had it on my cart, and at the confirmation page, but my order doesn't show it, under "my orders". :/

Time to email Amazon.

I say SCREW amazon it should be the people who get it in their carts first get them Its amazon fault their sever lagged and that is total BS.

bread's done
Back