Buy a Xbox 360 Arcade, Get $100 Credit: Deal Extended to Those Who Cancelled

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
UPDATE: Emails are going out to those who cancelled their previous order:
[quote name='Tardcore']Hello from Amazon.com.

We noticed you cancelled your order# XXXXXXX originally placed during the Lightning Deal promotion for the Xbox 360 Arcade console on November 7, 2009. If you cancelled your order due to problems with the promotion, we want to make sure you can take advantage of this deal if you're still interested.

If you order an Xbox 360 Arcade Console by 11:59pm PT on November 14, your order will qualify you for the $100 promotional code. The $100 promotional code does not apply to the purchase of the Xbox 360 Arcade itself, but is valid for a qualifying future purchase. The offer is limit one per household and is not transferable.

To order the console, go to the product’s detail page listed below, add it to your cart for $199.99, and check out as normal. Please note, Amazon.com must be the seller in order for you to qualify for the promotion.

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Arcade/dp/B0029MAXS6

Your promotional code will be sent to you via e-mail (along with instructions for use) seven (7) business days after the qualifying order has shipped.

For additional details of the promotion, please see the following page:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?docId=1000450541

We're sorry for any inconvenience and hope to see you again soon.
Sincerely,

Customer Service Department
Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com[/QUOTE]

[IMG-R=5198]8415[/IMG-R]Today at 9AM and 3PM EST, Amazon matches Walmart's Xbox 360 Arcade promotion with these two Lightning Deals...which will sell out faster than lightning.

iconxbox360.gif
Buy a Xbox 360 Arcade, Get $100 Credit - 9AM & 3PM EST Amazon Lightning Deals

Last edited by a moderator:
I fail at buying shit from Amazon, god dammit I wanted the laptop too. Same deal as xbox, shows it fine until I try to buy it then fail....

I'm not even going to bother trying BF...

[quote name='2&2']Was it any good?[/QUOTE]

it was ok
not even c2d.. just dual core. 4gb ram and 250gb with window 7

Was Black Friday just as bad last year? I just focused on buying games and got what I wanted, but didn't really try for anything else.

[quote name='Oceaniax']I'm shocked it sold out in 3 minutes. Seriously, who's buying out a deal like that mad fast? Is it just everyone immediately putting it into their carts without looking at the actual savings or whether they were interested at all?[/QUOTE]

3 minutes? More like 15 seconds.

I had my order fully completed within 15 seconds, the discount was in my cart, but not in the email confirmation.

The really crooked part is that Amazon then confirmed an order for the FULL PRICE item. If I hadn't been reading here, I'd never have noticed that I'd missed out on the discount.

I expect this kind of fishy, shady conduct from lesser stores, but not from Amazon. Replacing a discounted item with a full price item is just slimy.

I did it instantly, didn't even waste time to check anything after ordering. Then found I didn't get the discount. I called Amazon and the lady who could barely speak english said they only had 1-3 for sale. Others have similar stories and Amazon has deleted hundreds of negative reviews.

Well, this seems to be a good lesson for black friday. in the past you could add the lightning deal to your cart and wait all day to place your order. Apparently that's no longer the case. It seems like they have 2 limits now- one on how many can place it into their cart and then another on how many can actually checkout with the discount-maybe they're trying to account for the number of people who add it to their cart and decide not to check out.

Amazon blows. Those TV's sound like they're going to fail. Look at their reviews. Amazon just took a shit on consumers with unloading stuff that wouldn't have sold (not referring to the few good things they offerred like the 360's).

I was able to buy the laptop instantly through the LD link but not for the discounted price. How is that possible if they were sold out of them?

[quote name='J7.']I was able to buy the laptop instantly through the LD link but not for the discounted price. How is that possible if they were sold out of them?[/QUOTE]

Exactly!

Amazon is using a classic bait and switch sales tactic. (illegal in many states)

When a customer puts a discounted item in their cart, and is then sold a full price item without being told that it's no longer discounted, that's classic bait and switch.

Amazing, I never thought Amazon would drop to doing something so underhanded.

[quote name='Zenol']Exactly!

Amazon is using a classic bait and switch sales tactic. (illegal in many states)

When a customer puts a discounted item in their cart, and is then sold a full price item without being told that it's no longer discounted, that's classic bait and switch.

Amazing, I never thought Amazon would drop to doing something so underhanded.[/QUOTE]

The $599 that rings up at the "register" isn't a giveaway what the price is?

And uh... that's not what a classic bait and switch is. get a clue.

the gold box forum is full of whiners crying foul.

Now laptop makes sense, I saw a bunch of negative reviews afterwards but machine should be solid so I was wondering... Amazon should know better than to put 3 on a lightning deal.

What's really odd is that when I click on my cart, it shows the "Special Price: $199.98." But when I actually go through the check out process, it takes it away and turns it into the $199.99 price. Must've moved too slowly, but still an odd system indeed.

[quote name='caltab']Well, this seems to be a good lesson for black friday. in the past you could add the lightning deal to your cart and wait all day to place your order. Apparently that's no longer the case. It seems like they have 2 limits now- one on how many can place it into their cart and then another on how many can actually checkout with the discount-maybe they're trying to account for the number of people who add it to their cart and decide not to check out.[/QUOTE]

I believe there has been a limit on quanity that get the deal for a fairly long time now....The item's price in the gold box actually remains the same, but the gold box activates an additional discount, which is limited to one per account for the thing. So you theoretically buy three of the same things but only one would get the gold box discount. And I think amazon didn't really expect the pounding or orders that they got on this deal nor was the 1 cent difference in the cart total a good indicator that you qualified for the deal or not. I've jumped on quite a few of these type deals and they've never had the problems they've had here.

[quote name='confoosious']The $599 that rings up at the "register" isn't a giveaway what the price is?

And uh... that's not what a classic bait and switch is. get a clue.

the gold box forum is full of whiners crying foul.[/QUOTE]

I've got plenty of clues, so I'll buy one for you.

When it rings up at the discounted price, but they charge your credit card full price, that's bait and switch.

That's what happened to me and a lot of others, it IS classic bait and switch.

[quote name='K_G']I believe there has been a limit on quanity that get the deal for a fairly long time now....The item's price in the gold box actually remains the same, but the gold box activates an additional discount, which is limited to one per account for the thing. So you theoretically buy three of the same things but only one would get the gold box discount. And I think amazon didn't really expect the pounding or orders that they got on this deal nor was the 1 cent difference in the cart total a good indicator that you qualified for the deal or not. I've jumped on quite a few of these type deals and they've never had the problems they've had here.[/QUOTE]

I meant people not products, I know you can only put one in the cart, but reading the terms and conditions its not working as intended....

"Time remaining is displayed in the Lightning Deals section of the Gold Box page. The item must be added to the Shopping Cart before time expires to be eligible for the discount. Gold Box Lightning Deal coupons expire at midnight that day; orders must be placed before then to receive the discount. "

Once you have it in your cart it is supposed to act as a claimed coupon that is good all day, but for some reason its not. A lot of people seem to be having issues with this. I actually don't think it has to do with them selling out of the allotted number of discounts because people have said they got in right away and didn't get the discount and some have been able to check out half an hour later and get the discount.

Here's the thing that pisses me off. Once added to the cart your entitled to the lighting deal until the end of the day (midnight) at the discounted price.
If they only have so many available, it shouldn't have let so many people add it to there cart and complete there orders at the full price.
The other thing that pisses me off is I have to go and deliver these things next week >_

I think first ones to check out makes the most sense. And they only set aside a limited amount to be on the lightning deals. It's standard. They're not going to unload their whole stock of 360 arcades with 100 gc's attached to them.

everyone should of just ordered the xbox 360 at 199... when we didnt get our 100 buck gift card just called up and demand a prepaid shipping lable to send the system back (file a dispute with your credit card) amazon will so much money on shipping maybe they will learn a thing or two before they do this crap again.. i know that is what im doing

if i go to best buy and put a TV in my cart and then go up to the cashier they cant go UMMM that tv is now 2x the asking price.

[quote name='Zenol']I've got plenty of clues, so I'll buy one for you.

When it rings up at the discounted price, but they charge your credit card full price, that's bait and switch.

That's what happened to me and a lot of others, it IS classic bait and switch.[/QUOTE]

oh brother.

On the confirm order page, it's always the price you're gonna pay. So there's your clue.

and uh.. that's still not bait and switch.

[quote name='caltab']I meant people not products, I know you can only put one in the cart, but reading the terms and conditions its not working as intended....

"Time remaining is displayed in the Lightning Deals section of the Gold Box page. The item must be added to the Shopping Cart before time expires to be eligible for the discount. Gold Box Lightning Deal coupons expire at midnight that day; orders must be placed before then to receive the discount. "

Once you have it in your cart it is supposed to act as a claimed coupon that is good all day, but for some reason its not. A lot of people seem to be having issues with this. I actually don't think it has to do with them selling out of the allotted number of discounts because people have said they got in right away and didn't get the discount and some have been able to check out half an hour later and get the discount.[/QUOTE]

Worked fine for me. I added mine the instant the deal went live and just checked out without a hitch some seven or so hours later. I'd wager any problems with the deal are on the user end with people trying to one-click purchase, deleting their carts, or whatever. As far as the one cent difference not being a good indicator of whether or not you got the deal during check out, it specifically says "lightning deal" right by it. I'm thinking these complaints are just sour grapes. :)

there's definitely a glitch between the cart and check out. luckily CS price adjusted me and assured me that i'd be getting the promotion.

I guess I'm one of the few it didn't work for, I bought it the second it came up at 8 this morning and didn't get the deal. I called in nicely and asked if they would honor the gift card and they didn't even try budging. I ended up having to cancel and run to the closest Wal-mart and pick up one there. Very very bad customer service Amazon I used to love you!

[quote name='confoosious']oh brother.

On the confirm order page, it's always the price you're gonna pay. So there's your clue.

and uh.. that's still not bait and switch.[/QUOTE]

Except it wasn't. (shakes head)

As I wrote previously, it was discounted on the confirm page, just not in the confirm e-mail. I still have the browser page to prove it.

Why are you so shocked that Amazon had a system glitch? Still, it's not the glitch that I find so amazing, it's that Amazon should have just stopped letting orders through when they ran out of stock.

Amazon usually does just that, they didn't this time. This time they replaced the discounted item with the FULL PRICE item. Otherwise known as Bait and Switch.

Since when have gold box discount items been replaced with full price item when the gold box runs out? Especially when it runs out just a few seconds after the deal starts?

I've never, ever seen Amazon do that. It's a horribly scummy way to do business, and a good way to piss off a whole bunch of customers. It's shocking that Amazon has resorted to these sort of scummy sales tactics.

The worst part is that a huge proportion of the people who think they've bought a discounted X-box don't (yet) realize they didn't actually get the discount. They probably won't realize for a week or so when they start wondering where their $100 gift code is. Then they'll have to ship back the product to Amazon. Honestly, this is the first time I can recall Amazon doing something this scummy. Whoever at Amazon decided to alter the Gold Box for this specific sale was an idiot.

Amazon better staff up at customer service, they're going to have another huge wave of irate customers.

Blu-Ray player gold box discount is only$2.94, yet it's already almost sold out. ROFLMAO...people are crazy.

Update....SOLD OUT!!! Gold box discount of 1% made people go into a buying frenzy...lol

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Blu-Ray player gold box discount is only$2.94, yet it's already almost sold out. ROFLMAO...people are crazy.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I though the same thing. Probably people thinking that since they missed out on the laptop deal to get in on this one fast without even looking at the overall savings.

LOL.

I am in Williamsburg, VA on vacation, and went to the local Walmart to try and get in on the Xbox 360 deal (Walmart #3219). I went this morning and was told that their shipment was late and their 4 Xboxes sold out. They then said that there would be a shipment at 8:00 PM. I went back and 8:00 PM and they said they didn't have any. As I was browsing the phones, I heard the salesmen talking to each other saying that store management had told them not to put any of the Xboxes in the back out because they didn't want to give away any more gift cards. Did anyone else have issues getting this from Walmart?

[quote name='Zenol']I've got plenty of clues, so I'll buy one for you.

That's what happened to me and a lot of others, it IS classic bait and switch.[/QUOTE]

Still not bait and switch. "In retail sales, a bait and switch is a form of fraud in which the party putting forth the fraud lures in customers by advertising a product or service at an unprofitably low price, then reveals to potential customers that the advertised good is not available but that a substitute is."

Amazon didnt give you a substitute that they claimed was of equal value but wasn't.

It doesn't make sense that you'd be able to order it at the discounted price through the LD link and then be told it's a different price at checkout (still be able to order the item even though its sold out). They should lock you out from being able to order through the LD link if it's not going to give you the LD price.

[quote name='Zenol']
Since when have gold box discount items been replaced with full price item when the gold box runs out? Especially when it runs out just a few seconds after the deal starts?

I've never, ever seen Amazon do that. It's a horribly scummy way to do business, and a good way to piss off a whole bunch of customers. It's shocking that Amazon has resorted to these sort of scummy sales tactics.

The worst part is that a huge proportion of the people who think they've bought a discounted X-box don't (yet) realize they didn't actually get the discount. They probably won't realize for a week or so when they start wondering where their $100 gift code is. Then they'll have to ship back the product to Amazon. Honestly, this is the first time I can recall Amazon doing something this scummy. Whoever at Amazon decided to alter the Gold Box for this specific sale was an idiot.

Amazon better staff up at customer service, they're going to have another huge wave of irate customers.[/QUOTE]
:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

[quote name='redd']I am in Williamsburg, VA on vacation, and went to the local Walmart to try and get in on the Xbox 360 deal (Walmart #3219). I went this morning and was told that their shipment was late and their 4 Xboxes sold out. They then said that there would be a shipment at 8:00 PM. I went back and 8:00 PM and they said they didn't have any. As I was browsing the phones, I heard the salesmen talking to each other saying that store management had told them not to put any of the Xboxes in the back out because they didn't want to give away any more gift cards. Did anyone else have issues getting this from Walmart?[/QUOTE]

I bought one at the Englewood, Florida store and I had no problems getting my $100 GC.

I really don't need another 360 as the one I bought a year and a half ago still works fine but this deal was too good to pass up. :bouncy:

Despite people who ordered the same time as me, Amazon denied me on applying it. So, I'm just going to keep e-mailing them until they do apply it, I don't find it fair that other people received the credit for it, that probably ordered after me, yet they will not give me the credit.

Then again, I probably just got a bad CS guy. Oh well, I'm going to keep fighting it until I get it, especially since I had it in the cart AND checkout, but not in my order confirmation.

[quote name='Mr. Domino']Worked fine for me. I added mine the instant the deal went live and just checked out without a hitch some seven or so hours later. I'd wager any problems with the deal are on the user end with people trying to one-click purchase, deleting their carts, or whatever. As far as the one cent difference not being a good indicator of whether or not you got the deal during check out, it specifically says "lightning deal" right by it. I'm thinking these complaints are just sour grapes. :)[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you have luck on your side.

LOL laptop deal was available for 10 seconds just now.

it came back in stock then gone again quickly. I managed to snag one ^_^

[quote name='judgedee']LOL laptop deal was available for 10 seconds just now.

it came back in stock then gone again quickly. I managed to snag one ^_^[/QUOTE]

Its a crap laptop.

Man, sounds like Amazon was just full of fail today. I hope they're not planning on using this awful lightning deal system for BF, because last year I was actually able to get some of the deals.

i waited for the 12PM deal. clicked it as soon as it came up, it felt like the pages were locking up on me and being delayed but i managed to add a $10 off promotional code and complete the order in about 30 seconds and in my checkout and confirmation email i have the Lightning Deal -0.01
i guess i was one of the lucky ones who managed to get a hold of one since many people seem to have gotten screwed over.

i just want to say that i saw the 360's available online at amazon, i also saw them available at walmart.com but decided at 10am to get some breakfast and stop in quick at my walmart. Sure enough they had 3 left. i got 1 and a instore $100 gift card as well. The other crap (laptop/tv's) were however sold out.

I missed out on the laptop, but I had the deal in my cart and it showed up like any other lightning deal, but when I went to check out it went to $599. It definitely didn't work like any other lightning deals have in the past (and c'mon, on this site, we ALL know how lightning deals work by now! you can hold stuff until midnight, that's how it's always worked)

I had Amazon call me and the guy confirmed that it was in my cart and I shouldn't have any problem checking out. He finally came back and said the supervisor said the rules had changed for today and you had to complete checkout, getting the "claim" didn't make you eligible for the deal.

He agreed it was wrong but that there was nothing that could be done.

Sucks, because if I had known it was a race to checkout I would've raced. But that's not how any Lightning Deal on Amazon has worked in years.

It was going to be a Christmas gift, too. :/

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the arcade unit in my cart since the 12:00 deal, and I just puchased it now at 9:00PM, had no problems with the checkout and it still had the -0.01 Lightning deal. Total order came out to be 199.98 as expected.

I got no confirmation of a code or any discount. Believe I was charged $199. But then when I finished the deal wasn't even up. I tried doing it again to get a fail message. One per household, Jeff says. Perhaps I'll be waiting for that code... FOREVER!?!?

I probably would have bought 3 360s for $100 apiece. You can always use three. Get you through a few weeks. They should come out of a tissue box. A very big tissue box.

I thought everyone owned a 360 already. Why is everyone psyched about this? You looking to have one for the bathroom? Now if this was for the PS3, I may be excited.

Is it easy to just pop off the chrome disc tray cover off a pro to put on these arcade systems, or are they stuck on pretty well?

bread's done
Back