Buy a Xbox 360 Arcade, Get $100 Credit: Deal Extended to Those Who Cancelled

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
UPDATE: Emails are going out to those who cancelled their previous order:
[quote name='Tardcore']Hello from Amazon.com.

We noticed you cancelled your order# XXXXXXX originally placed during the Lightning Deal promotion for the Xbox 360 Arcade console on November 7, 2009. If you cancelled your order due to problems with the promotion, we want to make sure you can take advantage of this deal if you're still interested.

If you order an Xbox 360 Arcade Console by 11:59pm PT on November 14, your order will qualify you for the $100 promotional code. The $100 promotional code does not apply to the purchase of the Xbox 360 Arcade itself, but is valid for a qualifying future purchase. The offer is limit one per household and is not transferable.

To order the console, go to the product’s detail page listed below, add it to your cart for $199.99, and check out as normal. Please note, Amazon.com must be the seller in order for you to qualify for the promotion.

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Arcade/dp/B0029MAXS6

Your promotional code will be sent to you via e-mail (along with instructions for use) seven (7) business days after the qualifying order has shipped.

For additional details of the promotion, please see the following page:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?docId=1000450541

We're sorry for any inconvenience and hope to see you again soon.
Sincerely,

Customer Service Department
Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com[/QUOTE]

[IMG-R=5198]8415[/IMG-R]Today at 9AM and 3PM EST, Amazon matches Walmart's Xbox 360 Arcade promotion with these two Lightning Deals...which will sell out faster than lightning.

iconxbox360.gif
Buy a Xbox 360 Arcade, Get $100 Credit - 9AM & 3PM EST Amazon Lightning Deals

Last edited by a moderator:
Woh woh now don't bring right wing ideas into this... the idea of entitlement to a deal that YOU LEGITIMATELY GOT is not the same as other types of entitlement :cool:

THX to original OP of this Wal-Mart deal. I picked up a 2nd Arcade at local WM this morning, Guy said everywhere was out but their store got 2 in this morning. Anyways, used $100.00 gift card toward a big stainless outdoor grill the wife has been wanting.

Keep Momma happy & and all is well! :)

[quote name='SportInjectionR']@Zenol said: "You gave it away with the talk about "entitlement society". You're just another follower of right wing talk radio and are trying to spread the word."

Leading off with such a generalized accusation as such doesn't add much credibility to your argument. Basically, you are leading off by saying, "I am an extremely left-biased person, and I have absolutely no problem with knowing that someday it may be illegal to eat meat because some crafty trial lawyer won a case and set a legal precedent."

I'm not defending @confoosious's angry outburst; his argument was no more effective than yours, all I am saying is he does have a point, and while it may not have been applicable in this particular instance (I don't have the time to dig through 44 pages of posts to find out for myself), are you telling me that you have never seen people get bent out of shape over missing a deal and slamming the company, threatening with BBB, etc? Wouldn't that be classified as an "entitlement attitude," if you didn't meet the qualifications for a deal, and after the fact use the aforementioned tactics to try and get the deal?

The US legal system is headed down a slippery slope, and if it continues as it has in the past, many of the freedoms we enjoy today will be eroded. Every day, individual greed leads people to litigation, and every day, we lose freedoms that we had yesterday, whether we know it or not. If you still don't agree with me, be careful not to bump into someone in public because if they want it bad enough they can fake a fall, fake pain and hire a trial lawyer, but when the gavel smacks and you owe that person $100,000 for pain and suffering, maybe you will realize that you were the one being ignorant.[/QUOTE]

You admit you haven't read the thread, then still say that confoosious has a point.

He Doesn't.

Sure there are cases of ridiculous entitlement, this isn't one of them. Hell, if you look hard enough, you'll find instances of anything. So of course there are cases where people whine and moan and feel entitled to things they were not promised. This is not one of those cases. This is a case of a company doing something completely unethical and perhaps illegal, then getting called on it.

I'm not the one who brought the politics into this thread. Confuoosious did that with his continual screeds about the evil lawyers and entitlement society. Both are code words for Right Wing Nuttery. As for this myth of the entitlement society, yes, it is a myth. Why? Because human nature doesn't change. People have always been like this. If something is offered, they want it. People take advantage.

BTW, no, I'm not a left biased person, I'm in the middle. I have absolutely no time for left or right wing nuts. And yes, those that moan and whine about American they know being lost, about the evil lawyers ruining American, and about entitlement society, they are right wing nuts. Left wingers wrongly blame everything on the "eevilll" corporations, right wingers give corporations a complete free pass on nearly everything and blame everything on the lawyers, the illegal immigrants (not the corporations that illegally hire these illegals btw) and the dem-e-krats. Both are missing half the truth.

In truth, both the corporations and the legal system share a lot of blame, most of it comes from the influence both buy from our politicians. If you want politicians to listen to the electorate, stop letting special interests give them money. Stop the Union money, the corporate money, the PAC and lobbyist money. You want to stop the influence from the "eevilll" lawyers? Limit individual contributions to a level an average citizen could easily afford. Politicians would be a hell of lot more likely to listen to the voters if their sole source of donations came from voters, not special interests.

Of course, it's the right wingers who've fabricated a fiction that the US Constitution guarantees gifts of unlimited money to politicians. You're throwing stones against the other side, while the core of the rot is caused by the money that your side refuses to limit, while blaming the problems on fabricated issues like "entitlement society".

Anyone who received the "special promo code" who isn't going to jump on this, want to PM me the code? Pretty pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease?

I agree with Zenol. Maybe it's because of his superior grammar and eloquent wording.. but his points regarding American political society sounds about right.

Now, let us just return to the bitching and moaning, it makes everything more entertaining.

[quote name='davo1224']Can you even give the promo code to someone else? That's what I'm wondering.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, doesn't look like it. I thought they sent some code in the original email that you enter at checkout, and it adds the $100 gift card or whatever. But looking at their webpage for this deal, it says they will send you a separate email with instructions on how to redeem the gift card "within 7 days of purchase"

[quote name='mis0']I agree with Zenol. Maybe it's because of his superior grammar and eloquent wording.. but his points regarding American political society sounds about right.

Now, let us just return to the bitching and moaning, it makes everything more entertaining.[/QUOTE]

Do we haaaaave to? :lol:

Item(s) Subtotal: $199.99
Shipping & Handling: $9.48
Super Saver Discount: -$9.48
Promotion Applied: -$30.00
Promotion Applied: -$20.00
-----
Total Before Tax: $149.99
Estimated Tax: $0.00
-----
Grand Total: $149.99

Yessssssir.... $20 from MW2 and $30 from the old trade in promo... got (hopefully) and new jasper 360 for essentially $50

My only question is can I trade in my still working but warranty expired elite console for any amount of money (and do you have to trade in the HDD and controller)? That would make the deal that much sweeter.

TO__ STK I WVU

every 1 is saying that they are trading their old xbox to gamestop n getting a $25 bonus bump on the trade here the info from gamestops main page

Hardware Trade Bonus

Get an extra $25 trade-in credit on any Xbox 360, PS3 or Wii traded.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only.

this lefty (and I'm a southpaw to boot!) sees plenty of that false sense of entitlement in education with rightys all the time (or their kids at least :eek:) So I wouldn't say it's just the right talking about entitlement!

[quote name='mis0']I agree with Zenol. Maybe it's because of his superior grammar and eloquent wording.. but his points regarding American political society sounds about right.

Now, let us just return to the bitching and moaning, it makes everything more entertaining.[/QUOTE]

I like the part where Zenol said he/she wasn't the one that brought politics into the thread. That part was funny.

Funny enough, I'm a liberal elitist. (although mostly middle of the road apathetic.) I wouldn't lie about this as I'm sure "right wing nuttery" types don't go around telling people they are liberals. Goes to show you how much Zenol knows about anything. I guess I got his panties into a bunch with some phrases I'm not supposed to use without triggering his poli sci rage filter. (Jesus, there did that come from?!)

I didn't realize "entitlement" was a buzzword with the right wing conspiracy since my AM talk radio consists solely of sports idiots. I just thought I was talking about spoiled brats of all ages. Silly me.

[/QUOTE]

Don't forget about his use of italics and underlining.. That's super effective and something I hope to learn someday.

(edit: Dammit, I don't think I used them correctly in the previous sentence. Is there an online class for this?)

[quote name='youenvy']TO__ STK I WVU

every 1 is saying that they are trading their old xbox to gamestop n getting a $25 bonus bump on the trade here the info from gamestops main page

Hardware Trade Bonus

Get an extra $25 trade-in credit on any Xbox 360, PS3 or Wii traded.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only.[/QUOTE]

Yea I understand the extra $25... I was just wondering what the base price was and what accessories are needed.

Damn lol. I got the email last night but I found out that a family member had picked one up at Walmart to try and sell on ebay. I traded her my wife's pink DS that she never uses and $50. Not too bad but I wish Amazon would have done this a little sooner, before I made the trade.

I just got the console today and set it up in my bedroom. I'm not going to get a seperate HD as the 20 gb I have since launch has never been full to date. I think I'm going to use the $100 gc on a netbook :cool:

I emailed today about getting the $20 from MW2 applied to my order as my 360 still had not shipped but got shot down as the status moved to "shipping soon" right after I fired off the email. Damn, I already had the $30 console coupon from a flip and a $10 credit Amazon screwed up and let me use twice. Adding the $20 from MW2 would have made this an even more killer deal.

I saw one guy in this thread confirming his 360 qas a Jasper. I assume they will all be but has anyone received theirs and it wasn't?

Shipped today. Hopefully the second wave will get out promos in the same time frame as those who got in with the lightning deal.

My shit has shipped. Woo hoo! Now I just need to keep my eyes open for the Amazon credit - is it a coupon or just something that will be taken into consideration on my next order? This is really going to help with Christmas.

[quote name='Moravagine']I emailed today about getting the $20 from MW2 applied to my order as my 360 still had not shipped but got shot down as the status moved to "shipping soon" right after I fired off the email. Damn, I already had the $30 console coupon from a flip and a $10 credit Amazon screwed up and let me use twice. Adding the $20 from MW2 would have made this an even more killer deal.

I saw one guy in this thread confirming his 360 qas a Jasper. I assume they will all be but has anyone received theirs and it wasn't?[/QUOTE]

I just got my xbox today and it indeed was a jasper.

Got mine today a day after it should have been here, damn UPS, but it looks to be a Jasper. However the Jaspers have been out for about a year now what are the chances of not getting one?

[quote name='Kfoster1979']Got mine today a day after it should have been here, damn UPS, but it looks to be a Jasper. However the Jaspers have been out for about a year now what are the chances of not getting one?[/QUOTE]

For Arcades, the chances are extremely low. In fact, you probably have a 512MB Jasper, too.

[quote name='mkelehan']For Arcades, the chances are extremely low. In fact, you probably have a 512MB Jasper, too.[/QUOTE]

mine wasn't 512 :(

[quote name='Zenol']You admit you haven't read the thread, then still say that confoosious has a point.

He Doesn't.

Sure there are cases of ridiculous entitlement, this isn't one of them. Hell, if you look hard enough, you'll find instances of anything. So of course there are cases where people whine and moan and feel entitled to things they were not promised. This is not one of those cases. This is a case of a company doing something completely unethical and perhaps illegal, then getting called on it.

I'm not the one who brought the politics into this thread. Confuoosious did that with his continual screeds about the evil lawyers and entitlement society. Both are code words for Right Wing Nuttery. As for this myth of the entitlement society, yes, it is a myth. Why? Because human nature doesn't change. People have always been like this. If something is offered, they want it. People take advantage.

BTW, no, I'm not a left biased person, I'm in the middle. I have absolutely no time for left or right wing nuts. And yes, those that moan and whine about American they know being lost, about the evil lawyers ruining American, and about entitlement society, they are right wing nuts. Left wingers wrongly blame everything on the "eevilll" corporations, right wingers give corporations a complete free pass on nearly everything and blame everything on the lawyers, the illegal immigrants (not the corporations that illegally hire these illegals btw) and the dem-e-krats. Both are missing half the truth.

In truth, both the corporations and the legal system share a lot of blame, most of it comes from the influence both buy from our politicians. If you want politicians to listen to the electorate, stop letting special interests give them money. Stop the Union money, the corporate money, the PAC and lobbyist money. You want to stop the influence from the "eevilll" lawyers? Limit individual contributions to a level an average citizen could easily afford. Politicians would be a hell of lot more likely to listen to the voters if their sole source of donations came from voters, not special interests.

Of course, it's the right wingers who've fabricated a fiction that the US Constitution guarantees gifts of unlimited money to politicians. You're throwing stones against the other side, while the core of the rot is caused by the money that your side refuses to limit, while blaming the problems on fabricated issues like "entitlement society".[/QUOTE]
Dude you were doing great right up until the last paragraph. Now you just read like a huffingtonpost regular.

[quote name='xxDOYLExx']Dude you were doing great right up until the last paragraph. Now you just read like a huffingtonpost regular.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

I just received my promotional code. Expires 12/31. Unfortunately it is a code that can only be used on one order instead of one that will let you carry over a balance from one transaction to the next.

[FONT=verdana,arial,sans-serif]Each promotional claim code can be used only once, even if the full promotional credit is not used.

[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,arial,sans-serif]It would be nicer if they just applied $100 to our gift card balances so it could be used on multiple transactions. Although it won't matter to me as I plan to pick up a new TV at Amazon on BF, it might be annoying to some to have to use it all at once.
[/FONT]

I was one of the few who had had the Xbox 360 Arcade in the shopping cart with the Gold Box deal Saturday @ 12 noon PST and on the final order page the deal had disappeared. I never made an order, left the Xbox 360 in my shopping cart showing the $199.98 price, and sent an email off to Amazon conveying my disappointment on how the Gold Box deal was handled.

Sunday night I received an email from Amazon telling me to place an order and they would give me the $100 credit 7 days after shipment and to email them my order number.

[quote name='Moravagine']

[FONT=verdana,arial,sans-serif]Each promotional claim code can be used only once, even if the full promotional credit is not used.

[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,arial,sans-serif]
[/FONT][/QUOTE]

The link in the footnote from the email (http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?docId=1000450541) states:

"Once redeemed, the full or remaining credit can be applied to a customer's future orders until the full amount is consumed or the promotion code expires."

A couple questions for you guys:

1. How much quieter is this Xbox (jasper, hdmi) than previous xbox's? I just got a "new" xbox after my 2006 'box succumbed to RROD. It has the Benq drive and is significantly quieter than the one I sent in.

2. I had to "recertify" all of my downloads on my HDD when hooking up to my "new" console. I've read you can only do this once a year. If I were to purchase the Arcade and hook up my HDD would I be fucked?

3. Can you swap HDD between consoles? I was thinking of getting this and just swapping the HDD to each machine depending on what room I was in. Can you do this?

[quote name='koolmoj']1. How much quieter is this Xbox (jasper, hdmi) than previous xbox's? I just got a "new" xbox after my 2006 'box succumbed to RROD. It has the Benq drive and is significantly quieter than the one I sent in.[/QUOTE]

I had a Zephyr unit that died last year and I replaced it with a Jasper. In my experience, the Jasper unit is definately quieter and also runs much, much cooler.

[quote name='koolmoj']2. I had to "recertify" all of my downloads on my HDD when hooking up to my "new" console. I've read you can only do this once a year. If I were to purchase the Arcade and hook up my HDD would I be fucked?[/QUOTE]

Basically, the console that you updated your DRM rights on would be able to play all of your content offline. Any other console would require that you be logged into Live for your DRM content to be accessible. So as long as you have Internet access where your other console is, you should be golden.

[quote name='koolmoj']3. Can you swap HDD between consoles? I was thinking of getting this and just swapping the HDD to each machine depending on what room I was in. Can you do this?[/QUOTE]

Yes, you can do that.

just got my coupon as well in the email, very happy about that.

Quick question that's probably been asked to death.

Is there any difference between the 360 system for the arcade version and the elite version besides the hard drive?

[quote name='backseatdog']just got my coupon as well in the email, very happy about that.

Quick question that's probably been asked to death.

Is there any difference between the 360 system for the arcade version and the elite version besides the hard drive?[/QUOTE]

Arcade as 512mb built in memory and is white.. while the elite does not have the built in memory and comes with the 120gb hard drive. I also think the elite has some extra things that come with it in the box.. not too sure about it though.

[quote name='JaredFrost']Well, they did adjust the price to 99.98, an xbox 360 arcade for 99.98, not bad, not bad at all.[/QUOTE]

I too just got the $100 promotional credit, so I guess this brings the final price tag on an xbox 360 arcade to -1.02, so, the pay me 1 dollar and 2 cents and give me an Xbox 360 Arcade, that'll do Amazon, that'll do.

Well they cancelled my order saying I had to order ON November 14th to get the promotional card. lolwut. I'm kinda pissed. All it said was order and then seven days after it ships, you get the card.

I just got my credit as well; nice birthday present from Amazon, it seems.. haha, now I have to figure out what to order with it. I already have the GoW Collection, L4D2, and AC2 paid-off on Amazon (with previous giftcards and promotions). I'm leaning towards pre-ordering Army of Two, but have no idea what else to get.

[quote name='davo1224']Well they cancelled my order saying I had to order ON November 14th to get the promotional card. lolwut. I'm kinda pissed. All it said was order and then seven days after it ships, you get the card.[/QUOTE]

Did you get the email where it states: "If you order an Xbox 360 Arcade Console by 11:59pm PT on November 14, your order will qualify you for the $100 promotional code. The $100 promotional code does not apply to the purchase of the Xbox 360 Arcade itself, but is valid for a qualifying future purchase."

That doesn't make sense to have to order on the 14 of Nov. because I ordered one already as soon as I got that email... The sentence structure has the time pertaining to the date.

OK so I called and the lady on the phone was mortified. I got a $10 promotional code applied to my account and was told to re-order and it would be fine.

[quote name='JaredFrost']I too just got the $100 promotional credit, so I guess this brings the final price tag on an xbox 360 arcade to -1.02, so, the pay me 1 dollar and 2 cents and give me an Xbox 360 Arcade, that'll do Amazon, that'll do.[/QUOTE]

Hah! What do you think is better, getting one Xbox for -$1, or ending up with two of them on your doorstep for $100?

Got the $100 promo code this morning, Xbox 360 should be here today. Hopefully Amazon has a good BF deal on a Mid-size HDTV or PS3.

[quote name='vinhj']Hah! What do you think is better, getting one Xbox for -$1, or ending up with two of them on your doorstep for $100?[/QUOTE]

Thats a tough call, though two for 100 would be great, that would make 4 xbox 360s that I would own. I'd have to find a -$1 HDTV to go with that fourth one.
Nice score though, hopefully they don't notice.

I have $145 in credit now, I'll have to pre-order Mass Effect 2 and BioShock 2 now and something else.... hmmmmmm..... I have some thinking to do.

bread's done
Back