Buy Borderlands (360/PC), Get the Double Add-On Pack Free At Amazon

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[rightimg]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/media/gameimages/live_285.jpg[/rightimg]UPDATE: Dead
Buy the 360 version ($37.99) or PC version ($27.99) of Borderlands at Amazon, get the double game add-on pack for free. Add-on pack includes The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned and Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot. Also comes with free $5 Amazon MP3 credit.

:360::ps3: Borderlands with Free Double Add-On Pack

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Rod92905']Is the add-on disk like past DLC disks?

Where I can buy it, then pass it among my friends and we can all put it in our hard drives?

That way we all split the cost and we don't have to spend $20 each?[/QUOTE]

Correct

I got Borderlands 3 weeks ago. 54 hours in. I love this game. I wish the add on disc had all 3 add ons

Thats just great.... I recently bought the game for the 360 for 32.XX @ Gamestop... Should have saved the receipt XD

Considering I've had Borderlands in my Wish List for a while, it would be awesome if Amazon matched the deal for the PS3.

[quote name='Sashka']Without exaggeration, my favorite game on any console this generation. It's fanfuckingtastic! I adore the aesthetic, the ambiance, and of course, the guns man!!! And online is just too much fun. Too bad I don't have any real life friends who are gamers, so I end up getting grouped with random people...but still, SO SO GREAT![/QUOTE]
Totally agree. Borderlands and its DLC are well worth full retail price, this deal is ridiculous.

Is this game any good with just single player? I've been wanting to get it for awhile but everything I've read said you really need someone to play it with to get the most out of it.

Mother trucker.

Buy.com doesn't mail th Add-On pack to Hawaii and Alaska addresses... so people in Hawaii and Alaska can't benefit from this deal.

Pondering moving out of Hawaii now.

Great deal, thanks Cheapy.

SilverBulletKY, I think it'll be easy to get some CAG games going with all the people in this thread that just bought the game. ;) I'll play with ya.

[quote name='Wingman']This should be illegal. What a steal.[/QUOTE]

Illegal? Hell, this should be standard for all games! :D

(I'm a dedicated cheapass ;))

[quote name='Keirnoth']Mother trucker.

Buy.com doesn't mail th Add-On pack to Hawaii and Alaska addresses... so people in Hawaii and Alaska can't benefit from this deal.

Pondering moving out of Hawaii now.[/QUOTE]

?
I looked and these games are being shipped by Amazon. Is Buy.com involved in this somehow?

Make sure you clock the "add both to cart" if you want to buy the pc version, amazon is a little quirky and shows the buy.com version of the dlc disk by default if you try to add both manually.

[quote name='KuragariNoKaze']Make sure you clock the "add both to cart" if you want to buy the pc version, amazon is a little quirky and shows the buy.com version of the dlc disk by default if you try to add both manually.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that. I was wondering what the heck was going on.

everyone seems to be raving about Borderlands. is it really that good? Im tempted to get it. I havent played it, yet.
It reminds me of Fallout 3. I already checked the reviews on Borderlands and everyone says that it is lots of fun.
Fallout 3 for me was boring and slow.

It's more of a shooter than Fallout3 was. Closer to Mass Effect's shooting style. It's hard to describe as it plays more like a FPS since there is no VATS system but damage and such are still determined by your skills and weapon stats. Either way I highly recommend it to anyone who enjoyed the above or Diablo for that matter. In fact I liked the base game(pc) so much that I jumped on this deal and picked it up for 360. Just beware that the pc version's DLC has DRM (which is why I never bothered getting it for pc). :cry:

man, i wish i could peer into the mind of Amazon's shipping department. I get they want to "punish" you for choosing super saver, but they're giving me a shipping estimate of 3-4 weeks from now! (even though the timeframe for super saver says 5-9 days when checking out). (and yes: i know they wont *actually* hold it for 3 weeks before they ship it.. i just want to know if they just do that to scare people into upgrading the shipping after check out)

And it's not a stock issue because they say I can get it by tomorrow if i order by 5 and choose 1 day shipping.

Ah well.. beggars can't be choosers :)

[quote name='gloveslap415']uhh, the discount isn't being applied for me.[/QUOTE]

you'll see it on the final "place order" screen. the last one where you commit to purchase.

Looks like the PC add-on pack is sold out at Amazon, only available throughBeach Audio. So the discount isn't added in, and you'd pay for both items.

Note: also appears this is true for Xbox version, sold through J&R.

[quote name='gloveslap415']uhh, the discount isn't being applied for me.[/QUOTE]
make sure both items are shipped/sold by amazon.com and not another seller

bit with FSSS. i traded this game in for the ps3 version and found the ps3 version vastly inferior. go figure. this is the last time i ever buy a game twice. >

Looks like the 360 add-on pack is out of stock and only being sold by J&R now. I can't get the discount to apply and can't seem to get it from Amazon instead of J&R. Guess it's out of stock. That stinks.

Edit: Never mind. The J&R one is the cheapest now, so it automatically gets added. You have to go in and manually add the Amazon one to your cart now. You can't just select them both from the buy1get1 page. The option to add the Amazon one to your cart is on the right hand side of the page.

Edit 2: Never mind the never mind. Still can't get it to show up as buy1get1. Even when I go to purchase. Does it show up later as a credit after you order? I was under the impression that it would say the add-on pack was free on the final review order page. This is irritating.

Do I have to install the discs on my X360 harddrive to use the DLC, or does it play off the disc? How much space do the two packs take up? I ask because my tiny 20 GB harddrive is completely full.

EDIT: I can't get the discount to apply to the order (yes, I added the Sold by Amazon add-on)

i could not get the discount to apply either. I called their customer support hot-line and they told me the deal must have expired. they could not do anything like give a credit or go in and manually adjust the price. i was really looking forward to the deal but i guess ill just wait for another....

It was working yesterday, but looks like it's dead now. :cry:

I was just about to bite after looking at some gameplay videos.

[quote name='shanezey']Do I have to install the discs on my X360 harddrive to use the DLC, or does it play off the disc? How much space do the two packs take up? I ask because my tiny 20 GB harddrive is completely full.

EDIT: I can't get the discount to apply to the order (yes, I added the Sold by Amazon add-on)[/QUOTE]

Nope its just an installer disc but from what I understand once you install it you can pass the disc around to friends though I suppose thats sort of piracy.

From the market place website it looks like the 3 add ons (2 from the disc) take up over 3.5gb of space. With a 4th add on supposedly coming soon.

Between Borderlands, Alan Wake episodes coming soon, and other misc map packs I'm going to look into getting a 250gb drive as my 20gb drive only has 1gb open and thats without any demos or videos. Its just a shame that MS feels the need to price gouge on the hard drives while upgrading my ps3 to a 500gb drive only cost me $50. :cry:

(DEAL IS DEAD) i wish i would've waited and jumped on this before i got it when it released... crazy discounts come to those who wait, then take advantage of a great deal.

It's not dead yet guys. I got in on it. You have to make sure to add the expansion sold by amazon. The defaulted one is J&R or whatever. Too bad the expansion isn't shipping for like 20 days after I get the game!

I did try to add the expansion pack sold by Amazon but it's charging me full price for it. Maybe it's working for you, but not for me. I tried it several times already.

Has anyone tried still to order this deal and have it work correctly? I know J&R have goofed up the deal by having their price listed first for $17.99 instead of Amazon's for the add-on pack, but no matter how I add both Amazon copies into my cart, I still get charged for both items for $56.95 total instead of $36.99.

It appears to only be live for the PC version. The "Special Offer" is still showing on the product page for PC but not Xbox. I knew I shouldn't have waited...

Got in on this deal fri or sat. Mine is still waiting to ship which is odd when they did already charge me for it. Btw used 20 gaming credit from super Mario galaxy 2. Awesome deal.

[quote name='Starbuccaneers']Still works for me(PC version), you have to manually change addon pack to ship by amazon instead of buy.com.[/QUOTE]

Ditto.

bread's done
Back