Buy DS or DSi, Get a Game or an accessory Free @ Amazon

I literally just ordered a Dsi about 15 minutes ago. I will be calling them tomorrow and asking to get GTA: CW for free to my order.

Wow, I honestly just bought a DSi w/ Professor Layton yesterday (the 31st). Oh how I wish I had waited...

No big though, if there was ever a time to purchase a DSi this would be it.

Dang, I'm holding off on GTA Chinatown Wars in favor of the PSP version and I hate Rhythm Heaven. It's a shame there isn't a larger selection of games to choose from.

[quote name='chuckywang']Like clockward, a DSi deal immediately after the $75 coupon expires.[/QUOTE]
Exactly what I thought when I read the thread's title :whistle2:?

[quote name='Estebon']Those games being there make me think that they soon will be sold for $20 bucks.
iy.gif
[/QUOTE]
That's why I am holding back on grabbing these, Not much of a deal for me here.

I've been thinking about getting a DSi, but thus far I've been unsuccessful in convincing my girlfriend she wants my DS Lite, which was my plan for justifying the upgrade. If I did go with this deal, Chinatown Wars seems the obvious choice.

[quote name='Estebon']I literally just ordered a Dsi about 15 minutes ago. I will be calling them tomorrow and asking to get GTA: CW for free to my order.
iy.gif
[/QUOTE]
You think they will honor the purchase, Let us know how it goes.

I've been half tempted to get a DSi just for the larger screen. But...yikes, that really is a terrible list of games. The only one I'd even consider is GTA, and if I were getting that, I'd get the PSP version, and before that I'd get the PSP Vice City and GTA 4....

EDIT: I see there's a white one coming. That's kind of cool. I like my white DS Lite. My blue one is kind of ugly/guady. I'd like matte white better still.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not too bad though I don't know who would pick a $5 stylus set over a game but here's to hoping so cool new colors for Black Friday this year.

[quote name='chuckywang']Like clockwork, a DSi deal immediately after the $75 coupon expires.[/QUOTE]
If you wanted a DSi deal, then you should have gotten the DSi w/free Rhythm Heaven when the $75 off coupon was active.

Was hoping for DSi deals so I could buy one before the free points deadline. Unfortunately I already have the two "good" games... D'oh!

Remember, two new colors coming in two weeks: pink and white. Now I can FINALLY get that white DSi I wanted.

Shot! Didn't see the white DSi when i ordered the black one last Sat(need to use the $75 coupon before it expire) So is the white and pink color just available for order today?

I'm thinking of replacing my nearly dead white DS Lite with a DSi. Haven't really decided on a color yet, was kind of waiting on a white to be released. Now that it has happened, I'm starting to like the blue better. Someone posted a blog the other day with their blue DSi and a clear case with a white character of some sort and it looked really cool, I don't think the case is available in North America, but I would definitely do a blue if I could get that case.

I have a cobalt DS Lite, so the second DS is kind of a splurge. More or less it was to have the ability to play some multiplayer games, but now that I don't have it I realize how much I used it, when my other one was charging or low on charge, so I could play two games at once without having to switch them out, etc. so I really miss having the second one, but hate having to buy one again. I'm thinking I may risk it and wait to see what happens on Black Friday. I'm not planning on going out this year, but hopefully Amazon might have something, don't know what will be available, but if I find something cheap enough, I may have to get it. The only games I want from this sale are the the Sherlock Holmes game and Rhythm Heaven, but I have a really good feeling Sherlock will drop soon and I'm not that into Rhythm Heaven, so I wasn't expecting to buy it anyway, so not the best sale for me (unless I get a pack of stylus :)) )

Thanks for the post!

[quote name='goengland']Shot! Didn't see the white DSi when i ordered the black one last Sat(need to use the $75 coupon before it expire) So is the white and pink color just available for order today?[/QUOTE]

I think today is the first day. I ordered a black one last night to use my $75 coupon, and I don't remember seeing the new colors.

Hi Guessed,

So what do u think is the chance to call up Amazon and ask them to replace the Black one with the white one? (of course still keep the $75 coupon intact)

I ordered the black dsi last night. I sent an email this morning to see if I could get the free game, but I just got shot down. :whistle2:(

Considering ordering a DS Lite, I'm not sure if I should or not though. Sadly, ECA only stacks with the games price, only taking off $2 or so. If it took off the $12, I'd order without question. I'll have to think it over; and damn Scribblenauts, it's making my decision harder (comes out the 15th).

[quote name='goengland']Hi Guessed,

So what do u think is the chance to call up Amazon and ask them to replace the Black one with the white one? (of course still keep the $75 coupon intact)[/QUOTE]

I ordered the black DSi on the 29th, but i actually want the white one a lot better. So I tried to give it a shot to call customer service and asked to transfer my $75 trade in coupon to the white DSi. And was told to return the black one, then call back and they can re-apply the credit for me on the white one. Guess i am lucky :)

About order a DSi, gonna trade in the GTA china town for 15 in store credit at gamestop (before edge and promo) and use my 30 dollar game store amazon promo from last month so, after promos and trade in ill have a new DS lite for 85. :) good times

bread's done
Back