Buying an XBox...need suggestions!

fugazi_chichimon

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
Hey guys, after my second PS2 went to the crapper I decided to buy a XBox installed with a 200GB HD and a chip (my friend is installing the chip for me and I'm supplying him with the HD...don't know what it's for but he know's people in Chinatown). I thought about waiting for the 360 but I doubt I'd have money by the time college starts so might as well get something cheaper and see what happens between the PS3 and Xbox 360.

Anyway, don't know what the flagship games are for XBox. I've heard good things about Halo, but I'm really not much of a FPS fan. Is it really that good? The only game I know I'm going to get is Madden 2006 since I have it preordered. Any suggestions would be great!

[quote name='fugazi_chichimon']I decided to buy a XBox installed with a 200GB HD and a chip[/QUOTE]

Eff outta here, jerk.

[quote name='Scorch']Eff outta here, jerk.[/QUOTE]

In the immortal words of WhipSmartBanky, "there's no need to be a little scorch about it." :D

For Xbox exclusives, I highly recommend Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders, Morrowind: GOTY (but do a little research to see if this kind of game appeals to you)
I'm not much of an FPS fan either but I would still recommend Halo and Chronicles of Riddick.

[quote name='MaxBiaggi3']In the immortal words of WhipSmartBanky, "there's no need to be a little scorch about it." :D[/QUOTE]

How many times are you going to reply with that? The guy modded his XBox, he deserves to get his ass verbally kicked by the community.

[quote name='Scorch']How many times are you going to reply with that? The guy modded his XBox, he deserves to get his ass verbally kicked by the community.[/QUOTE]
Who says he is burning games to his HD though? He didn't, so give him the benefit of the doubt that he will use it for multi-media reasons and such.

[quote name='Scorch']How many times are you going to reply with that? The guy modded his XBox, he deserves to get his ass verbally kicked by the community.[/QUOTE]

He bought it, he owns it, it's not Microsoft's property anymore, and he should be able to do what he wants with it.

[quote name='Scorch']The guy modded his XBox, he deserves to get his ass verbally kicked by the community.[/QUOTE]

Once you buy the hardware, it's yours to do with as you please. Owning modified hardware in itself is not a crime, and you're making a lot of assumptions about the OP by suggesting he's up to no good.

Panzer Dragoon Orta
Jet Set Radio Future
Fable
Sid Meir's Pirates
Both Otogi games
Beyond Good and Evil
Both POP games

Halo
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time and/or Warrior Within
Fable
Splinter Cell (any or all of 'em)
Psi-Ops
Morrowind: Game of the Year
Knights of the Old Republic (I & II)
Jade Empire
X-Men Legends

just to name a few

2 words soon to be 3: Ninja Gaiden (Black)

I don't care what ppl say about God of War or Jak III for PS2 or whatever games out there. Ninja Gaiden has the tightest gameplay and best graphics of any adventure/action game I've every played. Plus, Itagaki's all about using purely polygons on his character models so all of the movements and and features are gorgeous and 'real' unlike other games which are so heavily normal mapped that facial features look detailed until you see them from a different angle and realize they have low polygon counts.

But my list of favorites other than NG is:

Panzer Dragoon Orta
Halo 2
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
Doom 3
NBA Street V3
Burnout 3

I know some of those are multiplatform but graphically I think they're best on the xbox. And at least for Burnout 3 which I also have for PS2, the load times are MUCH faster + you get to use your own custom soundtracks instead of the horrible in-game tracks.

There's MANY other threads that already talk about the best Xbox games. Do a search. It really isn't that difficult.

The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay
Fable
Jade Empire
Halo 2
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
Red Dead Revolver
Manhunt
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Metal Slug 3
Psychonauts

Get Conker Live & Reloaded if you feal like cutting your own dick off with a playing card.

don't let scorch fool you...he has modded xbox too....imo he's a little unstable and needs to seek some help...

[quote name='fugazi_chichimon']Hey guys, after my second PS2 went to the crapper I decided to buy a XBox installed with a 200GB HD and a chip (my friend is installing the chip for me and I'm supplying him with the HD...don't know what it's for but he know's people in Chinatown). I thought about waiting for the 360 but I doubt I'd have money by the time college starts so might as well get something cheaper and see what happens between the PS3 and Xbox 360.

Anyway, don't know what the flagship games are for XBox. I've heard good things about Halo, but I'm really not much of a FPS fan. Is it really that good? The only game I know I'm going to get is Madden 2006 since I have it preordered. Any suggestions would be great![/QUOTE]
Hmm, 200GB HD asking for a list of games & No Money ??? is it really that hard to crack :) , c'mon people let's not be so damn naive...regardless it's his money let M$ worry about it...

Panzer Dragoon
Otogi 1 and 2
House of the Dead 3
Jet set radio
Gunvalkyrie
Armed and Dangerous
Metal Slug 3
Splinter Cell Series

bread's done
Back