CAG 2.0 releases tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='CheapyD']I think it's safe to say that our game collection system will blow away both GameTZ's and IGN's systems[/quote]

Damnit, that shit's gonna take forever to transfer over.

Sweet, good thing I only own like, 13 Genesis games.

I'm excited for it. CheapAssGamer has been my #1 most visited site since like, the middle of 2005. I *heart* all you guys, and I'm sure you all feel the same way about me!

Hopefully CAG 1.0/1.5 will be like Goldeneye. We'll have fond memories of it but 2.0 will be so good that we'll never want to go back (not that we could) as it can't live up to the memory of it.

[quote name='bardockkun']Uhhh...Is it me or is the site already starting to feel alot more slower in preperation?[/quote]

Same for me.

[quote name='bardockkun']Uhhh...Is it me or is the site already starting to feel alot more slower in preperation?[/quote]

Yeah, it is feeling slow here too. Also some things like the report post buttons are just text now.

[quote name='CheapyD']I think it's safe to say that our game collection system will blow away both GameTZ's and IGN's systems[/QUOTE]

nice. hopefully that will mean less cluttered trade lists as well.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']nice. hopefully that will mean less cluttered trade lists as well.[/quote]
The collection system and trade system will be integrated. However, that stuff isn't coming tomorrow...although it is far along in development.

[quote name='CheapyD']The collection system and trade system will be integrated. However, that stuff isn't coming tomorrow...although it is far along in development.[/QUOTE]

good to know it's happening though.

does this also mean CheapyD 2.0...?!!!!

or a more portable Wombat 2.0?!!!!

wombat.png

[quote name='CheapyD']I think it's safe to say that our game collection system will blow away both GameTZ's and IGN's systems[/quote]

YES!!!

Is everything from the current forums going to be gone?

Posts, Avatars, Signatures

or will that stuff automatically carry over?

Also: will our User Names and Passwords remain the same or will we have to register again?

[quote name='JDUB X']Is everything from the current forums going to be gone?

Also: will our User Names and Passwords remain the same or will we have to register again?[/quote]I hope so, i hate my username...

I am sure I will never miss CAG Classic once CAG2.0 is implemented, but I want to thank CAGClassic for its orange font/black background. You have served us well, now die a fast death so that I can start moving my "modules" around and read boring CAG blogs!!!!

[quote name='JDUB X']Is everything from the current forums going to be gone?

Also: will our User Names and Passwords remain the same or will we have to register again?[/quote]Everything will be the same.

Yeah so is there any specific time that the soft-launch will occur? I know it's Tuesday in Japan already, but Cheapy never specified an exact time.

[quote name='CheapyD']I think it's safe to say that our game collection system will blow away both GameTZ's and IGN's systems[/QUOTE]

How complete is the game database going to be when the system goes up?

This was probably answered before, but do you need to be logged in to view someone's blog or game collection?

Anyways, everything sounds great, glad to see it'll be here tomorrow, even if it's not complete.

[quote name='Chacrana']How complete is the game database going to be when the system goes up?[/quote]I'll have to get back to you on that when we are closer to launching it. With the size of our community, I'd imagine it will get very large, very fast.

[quote name='ProtoEXE88']This was probably answered before, but do you need to be logged in to view someone's blog or game collection?

Anyways, everything sounds great, glad to see it'll be here tomorrow, even if it's not complete.[/quote]I'd imagine we'd keep the game collection open to the public, unless the user wants to keep it private.

The blogs have a lot of options of who can view and who can comment...its up to the blogger. There is also an option to have comments moderated (be approved by the blogger) before appearing. See attached for more viewing/commenting options.

[quote name='CheapyD']I'll have to get back to you on that when we are closer to launching it. With the size of our community, I'd imagine it will get very large, very fast.

I'd imagine we'd keep the game collection open to the public, unless the user wants to keep it private.

The blogs have a lot of options of who can view and who can comment...its up to the blogger. There is also an option to have comments moderated (be approved by the blogger) before appearing. See attached for more viewing/commenting options.[/QUOTE]

OMG ATTACHMENT SPOILERS COLORS TEXT STYLE OMG GGG

[quote name='Scorch']Moxio must be super pumped. This is the first time I've seen him post more than 5 words in a post in a while[/QUOTE]

:cool:

[quote name='Moxio']:cool:[/quote]

I was just thinking how funny it'd be if you replied with just the cool face smiley.. and there you go. lol

Technically this isn't CAG classic; I don't think I'm wrong in saying this is CAG 1.5.

CAG 1.0 was on phpBB and had two skins: black/green and black/gold.

[quote name='uberpwner93']Will CAG 2.0 release corresponding to the Tokyo time zone or the North American time zone?[/quote]
I would guess it will go live around 6PM EST on Tuesday.

[quote name='CheapyD']I would guess it will go live around 6PM EST on Tuesday.[/quote]

That's about the time I wake up everyday. :)

When did you make your avatar less tan Cheapy? Unless it's always been like that... If so I'm slow.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I can't wait to blog i.e. bitch about games and whatnot. ;)

So will I hate the resign like I hate most sites that get redesigned?[/quote]

Don't know but I bet you'll blog about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back