CAG 3.0 Upgrade - News, Updates And Progress - Dark Theme, Feedback are Live - EVERYTHING is Coming Back Soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A week-ish. Not just collections, a lot of things are getting updates.
While you're busying doing some changes/improvements to the site, could you PLEASE change the name of community moderating to something less similar to the actual moderators? I've been getting PMs from new users asking me questions about the site/why they can't post/if I'll deal with something because they seem to think I'm a mod when I'm just approving/denying wiki edits.

Something like "Wiki Moderator" would be more appropriate and hopefully clear up the confusion.

Something like "Wiki Moderator" would be more appropriate and hopefully clear up the confusion.
Noted.

Also planning to do a little post template tidying, adding quick links through to a user's lists.

postbit.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know if this can be fixed, but it seems after clicking 'Quote' on a post, copying that quote from the 'Reply to this topic' message box, and pasting the quote (and info) into one's previous post by editing, the quoted user does not get notified.

Anymore updates on what's goin on? Can't wait for that collection update, Need to add some more titles to the database so I can put them in my collection!

I'm just glad they finally got rid of the Saints Row and Deadpool reviews off of the front page like they said they would weeks ago.

Oh wait...

I was considering buying Saints Row IV.  Anyone know where I can find a review of the game?  It's not like it will be very obvious to find because it came out like a year ago.  Any links?

The Saints Row IV review has officially been on the CAG homepage an entire school year.  And the Deadpool review almost a full year.

Is it possible for the collections and wishlists to have a total tally number somewhere, so we can see the exact number in our collections, etc?

Soon...

Soon...

Soon...

A bit of a more concrete timeline would be much appreciated.
From what I gather, a lot of the growing pains have been putting out fires when something doesn't work quite right. As a fellow technical troubleshooter of sorts, I have sympathy for Cheapy's/John's situation and patience that things will come in time. :)

From what I gather, a lot of the growing pains have been putting out fires when something doesn't work quite right. As a fellow technical troubleshooter of sorts, I have sympathy for Cheapy's/John's situation and patience that things will come in time. :)
It's more the fact he's been saying the update will be coming "soon" for the better part of the last couple months. I'm just curious how far along the update actually is, and what sort of timeframe we should expect.

The update is ready, and has been for some time - what isn't ready is the base system we want to apply the update to. CAG runs on several web servers, and Invision's style system works fine across multiple servers - *if* you're happy making occasional changes to the live styles in bulk, and dealing with a considerable amount of hassle in syncing up the live servers with the development server whenever a tiny change is made. (As well as dealing with a bunch of other problems, just template corruption, broken caching, and so on.) I know, I've been complaining about this for some time. 

So, my solution has been to write and implement a better template system we can use for the areas of the site that aren't based on the forum software. It means that anything outside of the forums will be platform agnostic going forward, iterations on those features will be much faster to roll out and maintain, and should we ever switch forum software in the future (god forbid), it'll just work with minimal changes required. Completely swapping out Invision's template system for the forum stuff wasn't an option, so the second part of the solution was to extend the stock template system to add various tools that allow me to instantly sync all style changes from the development server straight to the live servers - as well as fixes and optimisations for clustered environments. That's what I'm testing now. 

The update is ready, and has been for some time - what isn't ready is the base system we want to apply the update to. CAG runs on several web servers, and Invision's style system works fine across multiple servers - *if* you're happy making occasional changes to the live styles in bulk, and dealing with a considerable amount of hassle in syncing up the live servers with the development server whenever a tiny change is made. (As well as dealing with a bunch of other problems, just template corruption, broken caching, and so on.) I know, I've been complaining about this for some time.

So, my solution has been to write and implement a better template system we can use for the areas of the site that aren't based on the forum software. It means that anything outside of the forums will be platform agnostic going forward, iterations on those features will be much faster to roll out and maintain, and should we ever switch forum software in the future (god forbid), it'll just work with minimal changes required. Completely swapping out Invision's template system for the forum stuff wasn't an option, so the second part of the solution was to extend the stock template system to add various tools that allow me to instantly sync all style changes from the development server straight to the live servers - as well as fixes and optimisations for clustered environments. That's what I'm testing now.
If that translates to the return of the Marketplace so I can get back to sorting & trading my collection...

101184.jpg

The spell check function hasn't been working for a few days. It works on other sites, but not on CAG.
I encountered this problem awhile back. I found that the following worked for me: Right click in the text box and make sure 'Check Spelling' is checked. Also, under 'Languages,' make sure that 'English (United States)' is selected, otherwise you may have to add that dictionary. Also to note, it seems the right click list of items can be one of two different lists. Be sure to type some text first, then right click in the vicinity (at least the same line?) as the text. Hope this helps.

jelous

minimam

^^^ When I right click check spelling is marked, but these are not coming up as being spelled wrong.

EDIT: It was the language thing. Thank you!!

I just got an invite to my CAG registered email to download and join tapatalk. Why does a third party like tapatalk have access to my email address!? 

Is Rayman Legends (Xbox One) ever going to be available to add to my collection??  It has been out forever and it still isn't listed!!!!!!!

ok, in order to use the spell check on CAG, I have to select language to English every time I log in. Is there a way to save that? It works just fine on other sties like facebook, ebay, etc, but CAG always requires me to right click, then select English.

I'm trying to sort posts in a particular thread, made by a specific member, in order of last update time, in descending order.

First page - Descending

Last page - Descending

First page - Ascending

Last page - Ascending

The above links use John's posts in this thread as an example. The first link shows the first page of results given when John's posts in this thread are sorted by last update time in descending order. While I would expect his last post, made on May 11 to show up, it does not, and instead, posts made in June 2013 do. When sorted in ascending order, however, the posts are listed in what I expected to be the proper order (John's first post is first and his most recent post is last). Selecting 'descending' while having the results for 'ascending' reverts the order to the incorrect order I first mentioned. I tried playing around with the URL for the third link, but I could only get the incorrect order for descending.

Is there any way to fix this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back