CAG 3.0 Upgrade - News, Updates And Progress - Dark Theme, Feedback are Live - EVERYTHING is Coming Back Soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I center click a lot to open new tabs while browsing through the  first page. CAG is the only site where it opens a new tab but also click on the link at the same time so I get two pages (on multiple PC's and mice). I frequent the site often so just throwing that out if that's a problem that could get fixed. Thanks!

This is very minor but the section where you display current games you are playing doesnt include all games. I know thats asking a lot to have them all.

I noticed Pokemon Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby are not listed. If i find more I will be sure to post them

Edit: Hatsune Miku project mirai DX for the 3DS isnt listed, i checked a few new games and games like MGSV are on there

Last edited by a moderator:
The issue with double posting occurring (and also weirdness when using the quick reply box) should be fixed. 

Also added a "Link Posts Only" toggle at the top of threads. It only shows posts with links in, and strips out quotes. (Ideal for stripping out quick "thanks!" posts when you're browsing a deal thread.)

Heads up, we're making some changes to the mobile style to work with the upcoming iPhone app - please keep an eye out for any new bugs, especially when it comes to forum posting. Thanks!

Not sure if this is a CAG issue or a Tapatalk issue, but when User A quotes a post by User B, and User B has recently changed their avatar, the avatar for User B inside the quote is the old avatar.

Tapatalk for Android.

Using Windows 7, Firefox 41.0.1.

That weird timestamp underline elessar123 mentioned is still there. Also, around that time, I think the "currently playing / streaming on twitch" line next to our usernames on all posts no longer appears. I think sometimes it appears temporarily after you post, but only on the recent post. Once the page is refreshed, it's gone.

I just recently got active with the the Community Moderation (for product edits) and... it's a fucking mess! [customspoiler='Searchable duplicate entries']
gallery_324715_8287_71106.png
[/customspoiler], unsearchable duplicate entries (due to bad search results and/or entries that never get approved), images that don't load properly or with an error message, not knowing whether the edit you are judging is for a duplicate entry or not, etc. Is there a FAQ or something? Or can someone please take some kind of action and maybe answer my questions here? Thanks.

Is there any chance of adding an option to CAG Mobile to block images in posts? It would help save some bandwidth with the unnecessary gifs and such that get posted on CAG.

Hope this may be the right place for this but I question the security of this website while on my mac laptop (let's not start a war on pc, mac, as I use both). Mainly because constantly throughout the day at random times my firefox crashes (41.0.2 and updated today to 42). Now I see the warning in the new firefox 42 (the lock by the URL in firefox) on threads that CAG is not secure, mainly because we're connecting to photos outside of CAG.

When we connect to images outside of CAG, someone out there is picking up our IP addresses. I really don't know what kind of code our signatures allow but I would hope nothing would be allowed that would cause some sort of cross site scripting to occur. Just something to consider for the safety of the users, as the threads show exactly who is looking at what and when, making it easy for a malicious user to target an individual like myself to try to "pwn me". I always recover from the poor attempts that have been made to trash my system.

Just an observation and really trying to narrow down the cause of my random crashes, as it has gotten kind of old dealing with script kiddies in general (bunch of losers).

Hope this may be the right place for this but I question the security of this website while on my mac laptop (let's not start a war on pc, mac, as I use both). Mainly because constantly throughout the day at random times my firefox crashes (41.0.2 and updated today to 42). Now I see the warning in the new firefox 42 (the lock by the URL in firefox) on threads that CAG is not secure, mainly because we're connecting to photos outside of CAG.

When we connect to images outside of CAG, someone out there is picking up our IP addresses. I really don't know what kind of code our signatures allow but I would hope nothing would be allowed that would cause some sort of cross site scripting to occur. Just something to consider for the safety of the users, as the threads show exactly who is looking at what and when, making it easy for a malicious user to target an individual like myself to try to "pwn me". I always recover from the poor attempts that have been made to trash my system.

Just an observation and really trying to narrow down the cause of my random crashes, as it has gotten kind of old dealing with script kiddies in general (bunch of losers).
Browser crashing will be a clientside issue.

You will see an insecure icon in your browser URL bar when viewing a page which has insecure content embedded. That doesn't mean there's anything to be afraid of, it just means that you shouldn't trust the page with anything sensitive like credit card information. It happens in Gmail, for example - it's purely there to advise you that not all elements are being transmitted over SSL.

As for IP address exposure, indeed, any server you download content from can find out your IP address (albeit anonymously), but if you have a computer that isn't years behind in security updates there's nothing that anyone can do with an IP address alone.

Browser crashing will be a clientside issue.

You will see an insecure icon in your browser URL bar when viewing a page which has insecure content embedded. That doesn't mean there's anything to be afraid of, it just means that you shouldn't trust the page with anything sensitive like credit card information. It happens in Gmail, for example - it's purely there to advise you that not all elements are being transmitted over SSL.

As for IP address exposure, indeed, any server you download content from can find out your IP address (albeit anonymously), but if you have a computer that isn't years behind in security updates there's nothing that anyone can do with an IP address alone.
I feel that it doesn't matter what I do or anyone does to patch their systems, there is always a hole left wide open. Can only hope someday we can feel 100% protected. I been watching my network monitor with Little Snitch to try to see what kind of connections are occurring when it happens. Next thing up is to just do a RAM test.

lol that's a little too paranoid. If you care that much, get a VPN and hide your real IP.
I had a VPN setup but it got hacked at the time due to vulnerabilities. I'm not paranoid, it is a reality. If you aren't a sysadmin, you wouldn't understand anyways.

Any updates on the community edit moderation? When was the last time a submitted game/product became searchable? Have any become searchable since the CAG 3.0 "upgrade" at the beginning of this year?

So in light of the recent annoying events, will we need to reset our passwords?

If so, what about if we authenticate with Google?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back