CAG 3.0 Upgrade - News, Updates And Progress - Dark Theme, Feedback are Live - EVERYTHING is Coming Back Soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry, but I am hating this new site layout. The white hurts my eyes and I can't seem to find anything now whereas before I knew where everything was.

Also wanted to add that for whatever reason I'm only getting notifications for THIS thread, despite having everything checked. None of my other threads are notifying me, which kinda defeats the purpose :cry:

Dark theme can't come soon enough.  This site looks similar to some spam sites like SoftPedia.  I'll check back in a few weeks, hopefully that horrid ad across the top gets redone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, another minor thing. Could the page numbers move back over to the right side instead of the left? Usually when I browse a forum thread my mouse hovers towards the right instinctively. Anyone else feel this way too?

So many spambots...

Have all the mods and admins have their access restored yet because many of these spambot threads are just sticking around for a long time, and doesn't seem like there's enough help getting rid of them all in a timely manner.

I'm another one of those people who hates change and will be looking foreward to the dark version. Just please don't make it as horrible as bloody disgusting did.
I don't think the dark theme will mean the layout will change, just that the background will be dark and the text will be light colored. I honestly don't like the CAG 3.0 layout (thus far) so a return to the old layout would be welcomed.
I was mostly talking about layout and functionality. Bloody Disgusting changed it so much that users protested so much, they brough back an "original" version, and now have 2 messageboards. The old one gets used way more than the new one.
Wait, wait..? How do you access the "old" site?

Also wanted to add that for whatever reason I'm only getting notifications for THIS thread, despite having everything checked. None of my other threads are notifying me, which kinda defeats the purpose :cry:
It looks like all subscriptions from pre 3.0 need to have the setting reset. I went into Content I Follow, clicked on Toggle Edit Options and the clicked the checkbox on all the threads I wanted notification for and then scrolled to the bottom and in the drop down menu select the notification option I wanted and selected update. You can do it on a singular thread level as well by clicking on Change and doing a similar selection and set my Change Notifications to Immediate so they show up in my notifications box.

I think it looks nice but look forward to the darker layout soon. The font also looks a little distorted on Chrome but that is somewhat fixed when you use the zooming feature on the browser.

Regarding Mobile Forum View:
No last page option, no manual enter in a page number to goto feature, no visual bar/divider between pinned and not pinned threads. And regardless on what part of the thread title you click on (text field, new posts dot, or right arrow) your lead into either first post or mid page inconsistantly, never last newest post.

Edit: also would be great to have a "goto bottom of page" link button at top of thread page as well.
Tested on iphone 4s ios 6.1.3, safari.
Edited by Datajack, Today, 06:28 PM.

The new layout makes the site look like some spam or hosting website. The font and background don't fit. I hope you guys bring back the hot deals list on the home page. That was my most used feature.

While I havent read through the whole thread, first I want to thank Cheapy and everyone else involved in making this happen.  Its a bold change for the forum but one that I'm sure will be welcome once the kinks are all ironed out.

That said, please make the mobile site more user-friendly.  I visit several 100+ page threads on the forums and not being able to jump to the last unread post or the missing page selector feature really makes browsing the site on my phone very difficult (and my workday that much longer since I dont have mobile CAG to pass the time!)

The darker layout will certainly be welcome but I understand holding back on that till some of the other issues are worked out.

No last page option, no manual enter in a page number to goto feature, no visual bar/divider between pinned and not pinned threads. And regardless on what part of the thread title you click on (text field, new posts dot, or right arrow) your lead into either first post or mid page inconsistantly, never last newest post.

Edit: also would be great to have a "goto bottom of page" link button at top of thread page as well.
Click on the "'page x of x" button to manually goto any page.

Click the < or > to go to the first or last page.

Clicking on the dot to the left of the thread will take you to the first new post. Clicking on the time will take you to latest post.

skitch.png

I'm probably missing something obvious here, but how do I...

go to the last page of a thread on the mobile site

Look at my subscribed threads on the mobile site?
I'm still trying to figure out how to do this on the regular site. (Ok. last page is the tiny little mark after the numbers - but still can't find the subbed thread link which was my bread and butter on the old CAG).

Also, there appears to be a ton of spam posts - way more than on the old CAG. I assume something is missing that used to block much of that. I had a ton of reported posts in my email this afternoon and the different format of those is what led me to realize CAG 3.0 was live!
Are you referring to this page (http://www.cheapassgamer.com/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=viewNewContent&search_app=forums)? Just make sure you have "Forums", "Content I Have Not Read", and "Just Items I Follow" selected on the sidebar on the left. It's basically the same thing as the UserCP page from before.

Just a little thing...

Add the option to enter our birthday, so we can display our age, but allow us to hide our birth date. 

Right now, it's both or neither.

Wish I could access the Messages I sent to myself. That had some Codes I was saving for myself. And if I'm unable to get to it, tough break for me. 

I have an overwhelming, inexplicable urge to purchase Microsoft Office.

Thanks to cag team for being so responsive and patient with everyone. I didn't use much outside of basic forum features and the cagomatic, but right now I'm happy as a clam with the changes.

Cheapy, why do you only have two stars?

I'm assuming max is 3 ... how can we aspire to greatness if the leader of the site only has 2 stars? :bow:

Not sure if this was mentioned, but I miss not seeing the date and time stamp of the last post to the thread.   I think it's much more important than the thread created date.

I don't mind the look but I find 3.0 to be infinitely harder and more cumbersome to navigate.

When 2.0 was running I would go to www.cheapassgamer.com and click the "Forums" Tab and then "Show all new posts" and it would show everything I hadn't seen since I last visited the site.

Is that still possible? It is going to drive me crazy only seeing trending threads or the last five posts. I will also end up missing a lot of information if I have to constantly check each subforum for new posts.

Is their a fix for this? Is one coming? Is their something similar that I can do on 3.0?

Also has an option to be able to  view 100 posts within a thread all at once been added?

I like some of the new "cute" features but unless I have access to a lot of information at my screen at once I'm going to be annoyed

I'll return to the site once the dark theme is installed. I'll check back in a month to see if it's up yet. Disliking the new look very much. I also don't have time to re-learn the site at the moment.

I really dislike this part of transition/change. When something that isn't broken and in fact desirable, is changed.

:oldman:

I'm still trying to figure out how to do this on the regular site. (Ok. last page is the tiny little mark after the numbers - but still can't find the subbed thread link which was my bread and butter on the old CAG).

Also, there appears to be a ton of spam posts - way more than on the old CAG. I assume something is missing that used to block much of that. I had a ton of reported posts in my email this afternoon and the different format of those is what led me to realize CAG 3.0 was live!
Are you referring to this page (http://www.cheapassgamer.com/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=viewNewContent&search_app=forums)? Just make sure you have "Forums", "Content I Have Not Read", and "Just Items I Follow" selected on the sidebar on the left. It's basically the same thing as the UserCP page from before.
Hmmm - OK, I don't get that stuff along the side when I just go straight to the forums though - only via your link. I did notice there is a "content I follow" link from the pulldown menu (with your username on it). I suppose that is the same thing though I'm not sure that posting automatically subscribes you like it used to (for example when I select that I don't see this thread in the list).

It will all take some getting use to I suppose...

Hmmm - OK, I don't get that stuff along the side when I just go straight to the forums though - only via your link. I did notice there is a "content I follow" link from the pulldown menu (with your username on it). I suppose that is the same thing though I'm not sure that posting automatically subscribes you like it used to (for example when I select that I don't see this thread in the list).

To get the auto subscribe on reply you have to set the checkbox for "Auto follow topics I reply to" under Notification Settings.

This is fucking awful, ugh. Much prefer the vbulletin forum software. Plus the script I was using to ignore people will no longer work. Sigh...

Click on the "'page x of x" button to manually goto any page.
Click the < or > to go to the first or last page.

Clicking on the dot to the left of the thread will take you to the first new post. Clicking on the time will take you to latest post.
skitch.png
Sorry CheapyD my post was in reference to mobile Safari ios version. I left that notice out in error from cut and paste from another thread.

I am really enjoying the new site! Although I can't wait to have a darker background, and other little things like resolution issues fixed. But I can't really complain can I?  :bouncy:

The Feedback section is gone? :( What will happen to trading now? The page is so confusing now. I prefer the old page, its much easier to navigate imo.

a dark version of the style using similar colours to the old CAG will be available, once all the main site features are converted and online.
Came to find this, was not disappointed. Thank goodness.
Amen, I refreshed the page and winced. I seriously considered not visiting the site as much, it was so blindingly white. Making a white theme for a site is a great concept on paper, but honestly, the way monitors work, you'd just staring at a bright white light for hours at a time and that's no good for the retinas.

I'll check back in a week, hopefully the new theme is installed.

The background is brutal. The font is broken up on my 2560 x 1440 monitor. The spoiler tags are gibberish. The market feedback score seems to be missing. Some of the forum fonts have changed to Comic Sans... ugh. Everything is too bright. Small fonts also don't show up in many places.

To get the auto subscribe on reply you have to set the checkbox for "Auto follow topics I reply to" under Notification Settings.
I did that and this thread still doesn't show up. Oh well, it will take time to get all the kinks out...

Edit: AND... now it is there...

I also remember someone asking about not having your year of birth show. I can't find the post any more but the way to handle that is simply not to enter your year of birth. That way just the day/month shows.

If you're having font viewing issues, please post the following:

- Your browser, and version

- Operating system

- A brief description of the issue (e.g. rough edges, letters being partially masked, etc.)

Thank you for this. I may actually be able to keep using CAG now! Though it seems a little bit wonky. I can see threads I was subscribed to before the update, but new threads (like this one for example) don't show up.

Looks awesome so far, but I think a slightly darker background would be a little better. That and the ticker on the right side with threads showing the latest deals would be nice, not sure if that is accidental or not. Looks great though!

I can't have a personal opinion of the new site until blogs, game database, SUBSCRIBED THREADS, dark backround, and everything else from the old top toolbar and all of it's dropdowns are brought over. Although, a small part of me worries that this will be CAG App part 2, and we will never see those features return.

I'm another one of those people who hates change and will be looking foreward to the dark version. Just please don't make it as horrible as bloody disgusting did.
I don't think the dark theme will mean the layout will change, just that the background will be dark and the text will be light colored. I honestly don't like the CAG 3.0 layout (thus far) so a return to the old layout would be welcomed.
I was mostly talking about layout and functionality. Bloody Disgusting changed it so much that users protested so much, they brough back an "original" version, and now have 2 messageboards. The old one gets used way more than the new one.
Wait, wait..? How do you access the "old" site?
http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/legacy/index.php

Another small thing:  When I am not signed in to my account, the time and poster's name for the most recent post on a thread are visible on the far right.  However, when I am signed in, they are not there.  Just a heads up.

Keep up the great work guys!  Can't wait to see the finished product!

If you're having font viewing issues, please post the following:

- Your browser, and version

- Operating system

- A brief description of the issue (e.g. rough edges, letters being partially masked, etc.)
Google Chrome (most recent version)

Windows 7 64 bit

Rough edges, tops of letters being cut off.

However, on my Macbook Pro running Snow Leopard on Chrome, the font is perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back