CAG 3.0 Upgrade - News, Updates And Progress - Dark Theme, Feedback are Live - EVERYTHING is Coming Back Soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm probably missing something obvious here, but how do I...

go to the last page of a thread on the mobile site

Look at my subscribed threads on the mobile site?
I'm still trying to figure out how to do this on the regular site. (Ok. last page is the tiny little mark after the numbers - but still can't find the subbed thread link which was my bread and butter on the old CAG).

Also, there appears to be a ton of spam posts - way more than on the old CAG. I assume something is missing that used to block much of that. I had a ton of reported posts in my email this afternoon and the different format of those is what led me to realize CAG 3.0 was live!
Are you referring to this page (http://www.cheapassgamer.com/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=viewNewContent&search_app=forums)? Just make sure you have "Forums", "Content I Have Not Read", and "Just Items I Follow" selected on the sidebar on the left. It's basically the same thing as the UserCP page from before.
Hmmm - OK, I don't get that stuff along the side when I just go straight to the forums though - only via your link. I did notice there is a "content I follow" link from the pulldown menu (with your username on it). I suppose that is the same thing though I'm not sure that posting automatically subscribes you like it used to (for example when I select that I don't see this thread in the list).

It will all take some getting use to I suppose...
That's what you get when you click on the big "What's New" button at the top of the page.

Here are the Notification settings that has the option to auto-follow threads you've posted in.

We have a fix for threads you follow not showing up in your notifications.  We need to auto-change some settings for everyone which will have to be done at lighter traffic hours.

If you don't want to wait, you can click on your username (top right) and choose content i follow and make notification changes from there.

WTF is this shit?!  This looks terrible.  White everywhere, no home page, buttons everywhere?  the old layout was great, black, sleek and simple.

WTF is this shit?! This looks terrible. White everywhere, no home page, buttons everywhere? the old layout was great, black, sleek and simple.
Haha, I see you really take your signature to heart.

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.
Mark Twain"

Last edited by a moderator:
Quite a few spam threads popping up around the site.  I'm assuming the blockers are not yet all the way in place.

WTF is this shit?! This looks terrible. White everywhere, no home page, buttons everywhere? the old layout was great, black, sleek and simple.
Haha, I see you really take your signature to heart.

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.
Mark Twain"
Hey man, I am just saying I think the old layout was perfect, no reason to change up something that is already great. :bouncy:

Not really feeling the update. I miss the ability to see the last updated thread in an specific section. 

With this update, have you considered adding a module for direct buying and selling on the site? Basically a trade/sales module that allows us to pay each other for games with paypal or authorize official trades that can be tracked directly through the site rather than having to use a third party site?

I have noticed that deleted private messages have appeared again but my question is why some and not others? For instance, all communication with a member who is temporarily banned does not show at all. There are also some other messages missing and the members are not banned. I do have space available so I don't see that being the issue.

So far so good here, now just waiting for the dark theme, my eyes are too use to lurking on CAG in that theme. Had to turn down the brightness upon when I got on.

The mobile site is nice, and I hope the page selection gets sorted out, but is there support in the site for Tapatalk? Sorry in advance if it was asked, but this thread went to 20 pages in no time.

Site's kinda slow still...and as others have mentioned already, the font is hard to read, specially smaller fonts...and can't wait for the dark theme to come back. 

Unable to post shortly after last post.  Its been like 15m since my last post and I kept getting the error:

"This reply has not been added as it has been posted too quickly"

Looks great, I too am awaiting the dark theme.

The only thing I noticed was that the page became very narrow. There's extra empty page space on both sides, much more then there was on the previous site. I can zoom with my browser (Firefox) but it will zoom all of my web pages then. Not a big deal really, just will take some getting used to. Unless of courrse I can change this somehow?

I'm using a 21.5" widescreen display, 1920x1080 resolution, latest version of Firefox. I can post a screenshot if needed. I'd love to adjust the font sizing too if I have the ability in my user settings.

Cheapy, are we going to get a "posts per page" option at some point?
This is not a native function of this software. Maybe we can add it.
Are the Forum Jump menus not included either or is that something in the works? Is there any chance that the thread preview option could be something that the OP of the thread can edit, which would be especially useful in the deal forum?

Ok I know the re-design isn't completely finished, but all-in-all is this really the way it's going to look? I'm not meaning to offend, but this is one of the worst re-designs I've experienced in my 15+ year history of using the internet.

And this font that you're using....speechless.

From the "Help" section:

When viewing the forums, there are icons shown next to them which indicate the status of a forum, and if it has unread posts or not.

f_icon.png
 This indicates that there are posts which you have not read contained inside this forum, or one of it's sub forums.
f_icon_read.png
 This indicates that all of the posts contained in this forum and it's sub forums have been read.
f_redirect.png
 Redirect forum, when you enter this forum you will be redirected elsewhere.

^ That's not what I want. I don't want to look at forum titles and see if there are "new" or "unread posts" in them. That requires that I then click on the forum headers and go into each forum individually correct?

How about an option of just simply seeing all new posts on one page? Is that something that can be done?

Also what's up with this error:

An error occurred
This reply has not been added as it has been posted too quickly
^ How long do I have to wait in between posts? I think it's been over three minutes

I don't know if this has been mentioned, which is why i ask this question, how do you search a current thread?  Also whats up with the font, it looks like its too small causing letter deterioration?

I don't know if this has been mentioned, which is why i ask this question, how do you search a current thread? Also whats up with the font, it looks like its too small causing letter deterioration?
I have the font issue, too, and my monitor is only 1080p.

I don't know if this has been mentioned, which is why i ask this question, how do you search a current thread?
I'd like to know this as well. I wanted to see if there was anything mentioned about how to get to the Subscriptions page, but I can't figure out a way to search the thread.

From the "Help" section:

When viewing the forums, there are icons shown next to them which indicate the status of a forum, and if it has unread posts or not.

f_icon.png
This indicates that there are posts which you have not read contained inside this forum, or one of it's sub forums.
f_icon_read.png
This indicates that all of the posts contained in this forum and it's sub forums have been read.
f_redirect.png

^ That's not what I want. I don't want to look at forum titles and see if there are "new" or "unread posts" in them. That requires that I then click on the forum headers and go into each forum individually correct?

How about an option of just simply seeing all new posts on one page? Is that something that can be done?
Click the what's new button in the header

The old design was absolutely perfect. Love everything about it. The black color scheme, the forum layout, the easy to read timestamp and username on the last message on the right side of each thread. Everything was so easy navigate along the top bar.

I can hardly believe this is what they came up with. It's an absolute nightmare scenario.

I don't know if this has been mentioned, which is why i ask this question, how do you search a current thread?
I'd like to know this as well. I wanted to see if there was anything mentioned about how to get to the Subscriptions page, but I can't figure out a way to search the thread.
Yeah, that appears to be missing. You can click your username (top right) and then "content i follow"

Quite a few spam threads popping up around the site. I'm assuming the blockers are not yet all the way in place.
Correct. Working on it.

Cheapy, are we going to get a "posts per page" option at some point?
This is not a native function of this software. Maybe we can add it.

If the option to change the amount of posts per page isn't a native function of the new software could you please change the default for everyone to at least 100 per page?

If that makes the site crawl for some then they can adapt and change their sitting to block signatures and such. Nothing is worse then having a large thread and having to navigate it 40 posts at a time.... even more so now because each posts takes up much more space then before

Yeah, that appears to be missing. You can click your username (top right) and then "content i follow"
Ah, thanks. Everything's all squished because of the menu on that page, but it's better than nothing.

From the "Help" section:

f_icon.png
f_icon_read.png
f_redirect.png

Click the what's new button in the header
Like it! Very simple.

the easy to read timestamp and username on the last message on the right side of each thread. Everything was so easy navigate along the top bar.

I can hardly believe this is what they came up with. It's an absolute nightmare scenario.
Is this not easy to read? Is it not showing up for you?

skitch.png

3.0? isn't ONE supposed to be the correct numeral for the third iteration of something?

not much of an active participant, but i like the update so far!

Site's kinda slow still...and as others have mentioned already, the font is hard to read, specially smaller fonts...and can't wait for the dark theme to come back.

Unable to post shortly after last post. Its been like 15m since my last post and I kept getting the error:

"This reply has not been added as it has been posted too quickly"
I keep getting the same error. I'm surprised it allowed me to post this.

Being unable to search a thread is annoying. For instance, I wanted to search this thread to see if there were any updates on if/when Groups and other certain missing features would be converted to the new site.

Also, is it just me or is the timestamp completely wrong? Like the time on the site is 17 minutes later than what my PC/phone show. I managed to manually fix the timezone/hour but minutes should not be that far off.

Sorry, not trying to complain. Just some observations. I also look forward to when everything is switched over and up and running. :)

is it just me... or is there alot more spam bots...?

i never seen any really on here... till today... they been popping up all over :(

At least on my screen seems like a lot of wasted space to the left and right.  I liked the twitter feed and the  "hot comments".  The top of the page has an obnoxious banner ad.  Does your contract require it be right there, it gets confusing.  

I got a pop up notification that two people "liked" a post I made and noticed my rating was "2". Neat! But most people have 10 likes already... are some of my posts being disliked?

If yes, how do I dislike people? I'm gonna revenge dislike the hell out of those people! :lol:

In all seriously, I still have no idea what's going on but I actually found something I like: the "a new post has been made" pop up is nice.

Is there really no way to get rid of the quote box once it's been added to a post without pressing Ctrl+z to undo it?
Highlight and delete not working? Works for me.

I got a pop up notification that two people "liked" a post I made and noticed my rating was "2". Neat! But most people have 10 likes already... are some of my posts being disliked?

If yes, how do I dislike people? I'm gonna revenge dislike the hell out of those people! :lol:

In all seriously, I still have no idea what's going on but I actually found something I like: the "a new post has been made" pop up is nice.
Good question. I guess you started at 0 for some reason. You cannot give negative feedback.

I like the redesign.  I like the white, but it needs a splash of color.  Maybe change the grey pixel background to a light shade of CAG green or orange.

Other than that I only have one real request... PLEASE, for the love of god, bring back the drop down nav bar at the bottom of forum pages.  It's so much easier navigating the site with it.

Outside of that, great work SP John and Cheapy!

I like the redesign. I like the white, but it needs a splash of color. Maybe change the grey pixel background to a light shade of CAG green or orange.

Other than that I only have one real request... PLEASE, for the love of god, bring back the drop down nav bar at the bottom of forum pages. It's so much easier navigating the site with it.

Outside of that, great work SP John and Cheapy!
if you are on chrome check out the link I've posted you can have old CAG back or other colors at your will

No offense, but this is hideous. It's not just the colors, which are literally painful to look at. The site looks barren and reminds me of an old 1990's altivista search layout.

2 things that need to be brought back ASAP:

1. Ability to select a specific page number

2. What happen to Cheapy D's icon that use to show up on my iPhone. Now I just have a boring web page icon

Thanks

It seems some users started at 10 and others 0. I haven't seemed to notice a pattern to it.

Is there really no way to get rid of the quote box once it's been added to a post without pressing Ctrl+z to undo it?
Highlight and delete not working? Works for me.

Good question. I guess you started at 0 for some reason. You cannot give negative feedback.
No, it only seems to work on replies for me where there's room to move it or delete. If I click on it without adding spaces first, it's stuck at the top of the post with no way to move it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back