CAG 3.0 Upgrade - News, Updates And Progress - Dark Theme, Feedback are Live - EVERYTHING is Coming Back Soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're having font viewing issues, please post the following:

- Your browser, and version

- Operating system

- A brief description of the issue (e.g. rough edges, letters being partially masked, etc.)
I'm on Opera 12.15, running Windows 7 (64 bit).

Resolution is 1366 x 768.

All of the fonts except for the big, bolder ones are breaking up. What should read as "Quote" on each post, for example, reads as "Quotc" instead, as part of the "e" just isn't there. I have to zoom in to 130% before the fonts start to read correctly, and even then, they're still not right... each letter has parts of it that are bolder or thinner than other parts of the same letter. It almost looks like the fonts used on the page aren't properly anti-aliased.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quotes -really- -really- need boxes around them. You can't tell what's the quote and what's original text.

Why can't I Alt-S to submit my post!

Where is the link to take me directly to the deals forum?  Deals! That's why we're here.!

Alt-S (Urgh. It doesn't work! Clicking on post)

I'm very happy with the upgrade, but i do have some general questions, I don't if they can be answered though.

Is there a time frame on when the dark background will be available? I have pretty bad eyesight and can barely make anything out with the black on white.

Also, not all of the threads are available right now right? I can't seem to find the Xbox Code trade one at least?

These things aside, very good job on the upgrade! Excited to see the final result!!

Edit: Nevermind on the Code thread, I found it.

On the mobile version, how do you get to the first page of a thread.
yeah, mobile version needs a lot of work. I miss using my tapatalk app. CAG 3.0 seems like its not supported yet. It'll will probably take a while since the main site still is updating. Hopefully when i wake up tomorrow, the dark theme is already in effect at least. this bright white theme isnt working well for alot of us.

The more I use the new site the more I lik....HATE HATE HATE HATE IT!!!!! Even the mobile experience sucks
The more I use the new site the more I lik....HATE HATE HATE HATE IT!!!!! Even the mobile experience sucks

Just noticed this in the LEGO deals thread.....but it looks like the number of posts per page was GREATLY increased, to like 300% larger. This is NOT cool, takes forever to scroll through a whole page now. Maybe let it be user-side on how many posts/page are shown?

I'm also noticing some weird scaling with the size 8 font (same as in my signature), that looks pretty ugly.

Otherwise, with some color options added, I'm liking the new layout.

Dunno if it can be changed or not, but on mobile, is there a way for the "Go Back" button when at a topic list to go back to the full listing of forums instead of the sub folder? You guys don't have quite THAT many forums.

EDIT: Or I could just hit "Forums" like a non-blind guy.

Also, when I click "Members" in mobile, it tells me I am not supposed to be there.

I did a live broadcast today on twitch to talk about the forums and new cag:

http://www.twitch.tv/cheapassgamer/c/2385438

I agree about the background, but otherwise like the look and design of the forum.  Seems a lot "sleeker" and "clean" for lack of a better description.

I've been trying to figure out how to search a certain topic instead of the whole forum and all the replies here have said that it's not possible at the moment. I accidentally found a way to show the advanced window and was able to limit the search to a certain topic. What you need to do is do two searches back to back and then you get a "Flood control enabled.." error message and the advanced search options window.

Are you guys expiring users who have not logged in years? I would really like to get the Boss username and I can see we can change our uns now. Thanks!

lol, all you people need to get out of caves. The white background is standard on almost all sites across the Net and doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Athough, I do miss our join dates being displayed. I miss my February 2004 marker.

I know you guys are talking about having it auto displayed under your avatar but that info is available if you mouse over a person's username.

Can't wait for the dark theme. I figure, in due time, we will all get the hang of CAG 3.0! I'll admit, I am a bit lost at times. 

Is it possible to get the thread icons back? It was really nice to be able to take a quick glance at the deals forum and see the newest Amazon deals, Best Buy deals, etc.

Is it possible to get the thread icons back? It was really nice to be able to take a quick glance at the deals forum and see the newest Amazon deals, Best Buy deals, etc.

somewhere around here cheapy said threads would be sortable by individual store. from what he says in the OP, this is really a pretty big work in process and im sure most of what people are looking for is either not implemented yet or somewhere else.

I know you guys are talking about having it auto displayed under your avatar but that info is available if you mouse over a person's username.
When viewing somebody's profile like that, what is the number under their avatar? If it is their trading reputation then mine hasn't been added yet. It is still at 0.

I'm not digging the white background so much, the previous board was much easier to read.
Don't worry, we've got you covered. Or will have, shortly.
Are we going to be able to choose whether we want light vs dark. I'm welcoming the white, don't know if I'm old or what, but it's so much easier on the eyes than reading white text on black. nice job, I'm really diggin the new look!!!

I'm not digging the white background so much, the previous board was much easier to read.
Are we going to be able to choose whether we want light vs dark. I'm welcoming the white, don't know if I'm old or what, but it's so much easier on the eyes than reading white text on black. nice job, I'm really diggin the new look!!!
Yes I believe we get to choose individually which version we prefer and can set it as such

Yes I believe we get to choose individually which version we prefer and can set it as such
that's awesome. love it. thanks!

do-not-want-dog.jpg

Pretty much sums it up.

I know you guys are talking about having it auto displayed under your avatar but that info is available if you mouse over a person's username.
When viewing somebody's profile like that, what is the number under their avatar? If it is their trading reputation then mine hasn't been added yet. It is still at 0.
apparantly that is your number of "likes", if you look at your profile its on the right side. i dont know what that is based on, if that is how many things your have "liked" or how many people have "liked" you or something you posted or what.

Hey cheapydawg can you change my user name to GUNNM?
anybody can change their username once a year now, click on your name (top right), click my profile on the drop down menu, edit my profile on the right side above the info, then display name is then on the left side.

This ruined CAG for me.

I need my rep and feedback quotes for proof!

P.S half the options CAG had are now gone. It was easier to see the deals from the homepage.

Rating: -100

If you are not a member its easier. Otherwise its s**t for people who trade often.

This ruined CAG for me.

P.S half the options CAG had are now gone. It was easier to see the deals from the homepage.

If you are not a member its easier. Otherwise its s**t for people who trade often.
How did you manage to write all that without reading the OP or the thread title?

apparantly that is your number of "likes", if you look at your profile its on the right side. i dont know what that is based on, if that is how many things your have "liked" or how many people have "liked" you or something you posted or what.

Hey cheapydawg can you change my user name to GUNNM?
anybody can change their username once a year now, click on your name (top right), click my profile on the drop down menu, edit my profile on the right side above the info, then display name is then on the left side.

I tried to change it to GUNNM it stayed gunnm now it won't let me

It's based off of the number of posts of yours that people have clicked like on. Some people started out with 10 while others started with 0. Not a pattern on who got what that I could see.

This ruined CAG for me.

How did you manage to write all that without reading the OP or the thread title?
Just venting. Probably will get fixed. Also, I hate the Facebook-esque style. Easier to navigate but it doesn't have the "CAG" feel.

Having a hard time with trades and getting payment from lowballs after the update. As in my reason for being angry. Just felt the update could've been better implemented instead of doing it in waves.

Just some temporary anger and some criticism.

Not to be abrasive. Spur of the moment when I saw this. My apologies.

It appears that my signature with a dynamic signature using a .php extension is no longer working. (The GameTZ sig). But the Goozex sig using an .aspx functions fine. Why disallow php and keep aspx?

Just throwing in my 2 cents.  

The site will no longer show pictures that I have linked from CAG.  In other words, pics that I uploaded to CAG for the purpose of putting in the forums aren't showing anymore :(

Just throwing in my 2 cents.

The site will no longer show pictures that I have linked from CAG. In other words, pics that I uploaded to CAG for the purpose of putting in the forums aren't showing anymore :(
The user photo galleries haven't been moved over yet so that's why they aren't showing.

Love that I could change my display name.  The only thing I miss right now is the old site would mark everything as read when I left the site.  So it was easy to see new topics since the last time I logged in.  I can't find the option to do that now.

WHERE ARE THE PRIVATE GROUP FORUMS?!?!

Ive asked the question multiple times in multiple threads and no answer.

Where are they?

I'll throw in a comment regarding the mobile site, although I'm not sure if there's another place.  The mobile site looks great, except for the fact that there's now no way to go to a specific page, at least that I can tell.  So if I wanted to get to page 1 of the Amazon deals thread, for example, right now it seems like my only option is to actually page through all 600 pages back to page one, which is just a tad bit unwieldly.  Am I missing something, or is this a new "feature"? Or will this be fixed in the near future at some point?  It makes browsing CAG on my phone in the morning near impossible...

The mobile site looks great, except for the fact that there's now no way to go to a specific page, at least that I can tell. So if I wanted to get to page 1 of the Amazon deals thread, for example, right now it seems like my only option is to actually page through all 600 pages back to page one, which is just a tad bit unwieldly.
Implimented temporary fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back