CAG 3.0 Upgrade - News, Updates And Progress - Dark Theme, Feedback are Live - EVERYTHING is Coming Back Soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like the nested quotes at all, and while it does take extra time to delete them all out, it is pretty simple to do.  I'd like to see nested quotes go, but if they don't it's not a major problem with me.

I'm impressed Cheapy, keep up the good work. I'm glad to see you've improved the font already for the new version as it looked rough two days ago. I'll be going with the light theme as it's a little less conspicuous at work! Glad to see the site is changing and progressing. 

Two issues I have, since I generally view CAG on my phone, is on the mobile version there's no clear division between pinned topics and regular ones and there's no way to go to a specific page number if you're looking for something on a prior page, not to mention the fact that there are no page numbers at all on mobile.  I've tried Taptalk, but just didn't like it so that's not an option for me.

The mobile theme looks great on my tablet, thumbs up

Edit: only thing I would like is some advanced editor options and smileys. Not sure if its possible for the mobile version though. Thanks for all the fixes!

Last edited by a moderator:
The site looks a lot better than a couple days ago, but I'm still not a fan of the blocky background. 

Also, I wish I could use the full width of my screen.

For the nested quotes, seeing as how some dislike it and others don't, would it be possible for a user setting to handle this?

Say there is an toggle option in the user settings:

ON - When a user quotes it only takes the most recent post just like the old CAG did.

OFF - When a user quotes it takes all of the quotes in the current nested format.

It seems like that would solve most peoples issue with the current quoting system. They would still have to read nested quotes, but this would allow them to not use them.

Anyway, I am really liking the new site thus far and can't for it to be complete.

We should also change the "Like This" button to "Big Ups!" (Whipsmartbanky's suggestion) or something else more hip.
"Mad Props" yo!

What happened to your bald head favicon? It's back to the old CAG one.

It would be nice to see the OP updated with features that have been addressed instead of me going back to old posts where I noticed these issues to see if it's fixed.

And just to add to this, the issue with the numbered list option not working is still not working. An admin/mod can check this post to see that the numbers show up when trying to edit the post, but they don't show up when posted.

Two things I've noticed the new website needs.

When searching for posts from an individual member, the new profile page only shows like the last six posts or so.  Makes keeping up with someone a little difficult.

Advanced search features for searching an individual thread for something.  (e.g. searching the group buy thread for Devil May Cry).

Not entirely sure on the feasibility of it all, but just things I've noticed.

Love having the dark theme back. 

At first I was like "man what a bunch of whiny bitches, the white isn't so bad."  Then I realized that it really was that bad.  Thank god for the dark theme back.

Now if only the fonts would be nicer. (Yeah, I know i can hit command plus.)

CAG_technicolor.jpg

Everyone needs to be patience please. I don't speak for the site but I can tell you when you migrate servers and host there is a lot to do. Plus there are always new features that you find and want to implement. Coding for messages boards is a POA. Having to add image buttons, smileys, and spoiler buttons. Most of those aren't just there and have to be coded manually.

I am sure that maybe by the time everything is done Cheapy will have the ability for users to change the themes. Dunno if that is an option but we'll just have to wait and see.

On the avatar upload screen they recommend an image of 200px or larger, but it seems the site is resizing everyone's avatars to 90px. Just an observation. It'd be cool if we could have slightly larger avatars, not 200px though. 120-140 would be good.

The blue icons next to threads are a litle hard to see in dark mode. Not the biggest problem in the world but something I thought to mention nonetheless.

Patience, guys!

We're still in the early-goings of the switch, if the sample pics in the OP are a sign of what's to come then the changes will be for the better once the upgrade is fully completed.

Cheapy - can you change the forums so my computer will make me a sammich?  Preferably something like roast beef or Italian but I understand if you can only do some weird fish sando over there.

Is there anyway that I can set preferences to hide profile pics and sigs in the fourms?
In the upper right of the screen click on your username. Under "Manage Ignore Prefs" there is the option (a box to tick) that says "Ignore all signatures when reading topics and personal messages". I haven't figured out how to block profile pics yet.

i really hope i can customize what i see.  I miss the twitter feed, top 10, most recent posts...pretty much everything that was on the front page.  There's no need to make the entire front page full of forum links.

i really hope i can customize what i see. I miss the twitter feed, top 10, most recent posts...pretty much everything that was on the front page. There's no need to make the entire front page full of forum links.
You should probably read the OP before complaining, as you'd be able to easily see what's going to be added over time.

The black theme looks really nice. The text issue is gone too. Feels like CAG again.

One thing that looks a little weird to me is the posted date right above the comment. I just have a tendency to look to the date instead of the actual comment. Maybe put a separating line, similar to what's between the comment and the signature, or put it below the signature, in line with the quote buttons.

Cheapy - can you change the forums so my computer will make me a sammich? Preferably something like roast beef or Italian but I understand if you can only do some weird fish sando over there.
Yes! haha, i completely agree. Sticky this priority.

Am I missing something somewhere on where to select the forum I want to jump to when I am done reading a post?  All I am seeing is that I have to go back up to the top of the page and can only select the same forum I am in.  I loved the pull down ability.  It's all about functionality....

The new website design is great, Cheapy! I've been with CaG since near the beginning, and you're still going strong! Keep it up, man!

So...was this all done to make us appreciate CAG 2.0? fuck everything up and then slowly fix things by making them the way they were before. Tastes like Coca Cola Classic to me :)).

Am I missing something somewhere on where to select the forum I want to jump to when I am done reading a post? All I am seeing is that I have to go back up to the top of the page and can only select the same forum I am in. I loved the pull down ability. It's all about functionality....
Me too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back