CAG 3.0 Upgrade - News, Updates And Progress - Dark Theme, Feedback are Live - EVERYTHING is Coming Back Soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to use the signature option and i keep getting this error with all images "unable to receive signature dimensions" Am i doing anything wrong if so how can i fix this?
Your sig is probably too big, at least that would be my guess. The new sig requirements are pretty restrictive compared to the old board.

I'm trying to use the signature option and i keep getting this error with all images "unable to receive signature dimensions" Am i doing anything wrong if so how can i fix this?
Your sig is probably too big, at least that would be my guess. The new sig requirements are pretty restrictive compared to the old board.
I tried that and im still having the problem. The signature is smaller then 800x600 i also tried a couple others and i still get the same error.

Any way to waste less space on the sides? I really dont like the new site.
Aha! I knew it wasn't just me.

Glad someone else is thinking the same as me. Also, I miss the green font.
Adding more space to the sides would make the forums easier to read, I'm having a hard time when I look at threads in the Video Games Deals or any other forum. Its compacted and hard to follow. Hopefully the quote system gets fixed soon too.

Is there anyway to turn the signatures back on?

I think many of the spacing and font sizing issues can be solved with Responsive design.

With responsive, we can set the site width to be much greater than conventional resolution width.  I see that the site's current max width is 1000 pixels wide. This is a value that's been archaic and used to support the 1024x768 resolution.(which just happens to be the resolution of the iPad)  With responsive design, a hard width cap can be set at something like 1900 wide.  For anyone below the 1900 threshold, they can be served a page with something like a 94% screen width.(with 3% margin on each side.)

Maybe add a cookie based "zoom" value, so that some of us with poor eye sight can increase font size, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
We should also change the "Like This" button to "Big Ups!" (Whipsmartbanky's suggestion) or something else more hip.
How about something simple, like "Well Said!" Gets the message across and isn't so geeky. Keep in mind if you do change it, you'll need to change the notification, too.

Another thing I think maybe is just me is that I miss the little icons that people would use to represent if a deal was a PC deal or Xbox deal or a PS3 deal or whatever.

In particular, I used that to weed out a lot of console deals I really don't have any interest in now.

Another thing I think maybe is just me is that I miss the little icons that people would use to represent if a deal was a PC deal or Xbox deal or a PS3 deal or whatever.
You aren't the only one. Hopefully that can be implemented into Invision Board.

Will the wiki feature return or have we seen the last of it? Something tells me it's the latter... :whistle2:(

Also, this is not so much a necessity as it is a selfish want. But for sales threads, lowballs, and my personal spending thread I tend to use a lot of emoticons. I noticed that there is now an emoticon post limit. Would it be possible to lift that? I like all of my stuff to have emotes next to them as it makes things very neat. Again, not a necessity just a nitpick. xD

i.e-

Purchase History:

:br: Avengers 3D
:360: Fable 3
:ps3: Ni No Kuni
:arrow: Assassin's Creed 3 Guide [Limited Edition]
I don't think I ever saw a response to this and several other similar posts. I use the system emoticons for my "completed games" post and I can't update because I'm over the limit. I'd like some clarification so I can either wait or edit my post accordingly.

If possible, I would also like to see an emoticon for ios added.

Also, this is not so much a necessity as it is a selfish want. But for sales threads, lowballs, and my personal spending thread I tend to use a lot of emoticons. I noticed that there is now an emoticon post limit. Would it be possible to lift that? I like all of my stuff to have emotes next to them as it makes things very neat. Again, not a necessity just a nitpick. xD

i.e-

Purchase History:

I don't think I ever saw a response to this and several other similar posts. I use the system emoticons for my "completed games" post and I can't update because I'm over the limit. I'd like some clarification so I can either wait or edit my post accordingly.

We need an icon for the Vita. We've been stuck using the PSP icon since launch. Plus we are also gonna need a PS4 and Xbox One icon as well.

We should also change the "Like This" button to "Big Ups!" (Whipsmartbanky's suggestion) or something else more hip.
How about something simple, like "Well Said!" Gets the message across and isn't so geeky. Keep in mind if you do change it, you'll need to change the notification, too.
[SIZE=12.000001907348633px]I was thinking of "Jolly good!", but I bet you'll say that's too geeky, too. lol[/SIZE]

I was thinking of "Jolly good!", but I bet you'll say that's too geeky, too. lol
I like the "Mad Props" suggestion a while back. I also wouldn't mind if it was something shorter such as a simple "kudos".

So, is the Search box functions not enabled yet? Or A) I'm missing something, and/or B) it's because I'm on an ipad? The "Advanced" seems to be MIA.

You can start a quick search by typing your keywords into the quick-search bar at the top of any page and pressing the "Search" button.

Advanced Options
If instead of typing your keywords into the quick-search bar, you click the "Advanced" link next to it, you will see some advanced options for searching.
...I actually came on to ask if hyperlinks in our daily digest emails are gone forever, and then realized I couldn't "SEARCH THE DAMN THREAD" so to speak. :whistle2:?

sorry if it has been mentioned before but is the front page top topics coming back? or is it somewhere else? besides that i love the new site. thanks

As a CAG for 7 years, I really dislike a lot of the changes.  Will definitely be visiting a whole lot less.  Things just look 'off.'  I know the old site was dated, but so far there are 0 changes that actually make the site look better.

I know people hate change, but....this just doesn't feel or look good at all to me.

Thanks for the dark theme so quickly.  I'm much more comfortable with the time I spend here now that my eyeballs are no longer melting out of my head. ;)

Next up on my request list?  When will the posts per page option return?  20 posts per page is just too few...

i.e-

Purchase History:

We need an icon for the Vita. We've been stuck using the PSP icon since launch. Plus we are also gonna need a PS4 and Xbox One icon as well.
I actually made a thread requesting this on CAG 2.0, but it didn't rate high enough to get attention and get fixed. Glad I'm not the only once who wants one -- my completed games list is all screwy with lots of :psv:

I wouldn't mind having an icon for PSOne as well :)psx: maybe?)

The new look is very cool. Is the rule with signatures still the same because it still won't let me post a picture there. Also where is the Members Only Code Drop forum for Xbox 360. The link just takes me back to the main forum page when I click on it. Other than that-nice work guys!

I know that the groups tab has finally been brought back, but appears nothing has been rolled over yet from before the upgrade.  Any eta on when the old group content will be implemented back?

Is there anyway to disable signatures, since they increase page load time and many of them load up third party tracking cookies and crap like that?
Hover over the top right over someone's signature and there's a box where you can choose to disable all signatures.
Thank you Sgt. Barone for the tip. Very helpful :).

Edit: I'm a CAG in Training having signed up in January of this year. But what does CAGiversary indicate? People who've been here 1 year or more?

Now that the dark theme is active and the features are starting to move over I am beginning to like the new version of the site. I do see the potential that is there and have confidence that I will be even better than before in the long run. 

Congrats guys on the new site !

i.e-

Purchase History:

I actually made a thread requesting this on CAG 2.0, but it didn't rate high enough to get attention and get fixed. Glad I'm not the only once who wants one -- my completed games list is all screwy with lots of :psv:

I wouldn't mind having an icon for PSOne as well :)psx: maybe?)
I agree with the "wants" as in it would be nice to have these emoticons added with acronyms such as:

:psx: or :ps1: for Playstation 1

:ps4: for Playstation 4

:psv: for Playstation Vita

:xb1: for Xbox One

:wiiu: for Wii U

:n64: for Nintendo 64

:snes: Super Nintendo Entertainment System

:nes: Nintendo Entertainment System

:gb: Gameboy

:gbc: Gameboy color

:dc: Dreamcast

Those are just what I see missing of the major bunch among some other retro consoles. If you can please implement those that would be greatly appreciated and the top 10 (or 15) deals sidebar.

BTW, love the new upgrade. Thanks for the site and the updates.

Thanks!

There is a search function so I'm just curious if you will be bringing back the search by post, instead of search by topic.  EG: I'm searching for a specific game or Blu Ray I want in a thread that has 500+ pages, it was nice before to have each post listed with my keyword when I searched instead if just listing the topic with the 500 pages and saying "your keyword is in there somewhere, go nuts" haha.

I have a few suggestions:

1. add a link to the users steam profile and display the name like psn and gamertags already are

2. add the menu that contains "view progile, messsage, etc" when you click on a user name so you dont have to go to the profile page first to message someone

3. change the box around avatar to green if user is online

Hey, CheapyD 

I'm having problems changing my password. Every time I try changing the password I get an error so when I sign in I have to click on the the forgot password option but always get an error when I try to change either my password or email. Help please.

Is it possible to edit our profile information yet? Such PSN ID, employment, Steam, etc? Also, is there an indicator on posts as to whether or not someone is online?

Everything is coming back. Please be patient. Thanks!
CheapyD,

Just want to say thanks. Change is hard but necessary. I understand this as the field I am in I get the stating "we have always done it this way" Great....cars didn't have seat belts in the 50's and interest rates were >20% in 1980. People may not say they want change but they do without knowing it.

I know you have your hands full and appreciate the feedback because without the base population the site would simply wither away. I ask people to be patient, things will eventually rear their head again.

My single curiosity remaining is the old main page where I could see a "top" list of new things. Beyond my previous feedback this is the thing I miss the most.

Thanks CheapyD and keep the innovations going.

Yes, everything is coming back.  Main page on Sunday. 

Hover over a username to pop-up their info card.  It shows online status too.

Is there an easy way to get the new "notifications" feature for my old subscribed threads? (for new threads I "follow" after the changeover, notifications come automatically after setting the correct notification options, but my old threads aren't getting notification updates).

thanks!

Yes, everything is coming back. Main page on Sunday.

Hover over a username to pop-up their info card. It shows online status too.
Well I'll be damned, that does work. Though the "lazy gamer" in me wouldn't mind an online status icon or something ;) Thanks the for tip :D

I have a few suggestions:

1. add a link to the users steam profile and display the name like psn and gamertags already are

2. add the menu that contains "view progile, messsage, etc" when you click on a user name so you dont have to go to the profile page first to message someone

3. change the box around avatar to green if user is online
As far as 2 goes, just hover over there name and a little pop-up menu will show up.

Nvm, I found it; sweet!

Also, I found a bug when deleting content I follow: I currently have two pages of blank content that can't be deleted, which I'm 99% sure are topics that were either hidden or deleted by moderators.  Not high on the fix list, but figured I'd submit this as a bug report.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back