CAG 3.0 Upgrade - News, Updates And Progress - Dark Theme, Feedback are Live - EVERYTHING is Coming Back Soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any chance forum filtering will be in the push Sunday? I feel like with E3 on Monday the site upgrade came at a really bad time and trying to keep track of information will be impossible if I still can't ignore the trading forums, among others.
  • Go to What's New
  • Look at the filter bar on the left.
  • Select Filter by forum at the very bottom.
  • Choose the forum(s) that you want to see results from.
  • Hit Save

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I spent too much time trying to find it in settings and never thought to look at the new posts page for it.  I wonder just how long that has been there and I've been suffering this whole time lol.

I looked through the profile/board settings stuff but didn't see how to "widen" the forum. It used to fill my screen but now it's thin.

Yes, everything is coming back. Main page on Sunday.

Hover over a username to pop-up their info card. It shows online status too.
Thanks CheapyD and John, can't wait to see what else you have in store for us and hopefully you both get some much deserved rest after Sunday.

I just wanted to say thank you for the upgrade, must be tons of work. It's already totally worth it for the better PM system (and the much larger message limit). And I also enjoy the mobile site much more than browsing the old CAG site on the iphone (now that the buttons in the mobile site work correctly).

Thank you!

First!

Just wanted to add that obviously there will be issues along the way, but we will work hard to make sure everything is up to snuff (soon). Obviously your feedback is essential.

Thanks!

http://www.twitch.tv/cheapassgamer/c/2385438
You're the man, Cheapy!

I have 149 pages, yes pages, of subscribed threads.  I had it set to "auto-subscribe when I post in a thread" for the past eight years and never noticed/cared about it until now.  Is there a way to get my entire hoarders-sized collection deleted so I can start from scratch? I can only manage to delete one page's worth at a time.

Also, I noticed something interesting today:

While writing a post, it notifies you when someone else makes a new post in the thread your posting in.  Very nice addition, but I don't think it does that when I'm just reading the thread sitting idle.  Can we have it do that all the time? Much better than refreshing a page constantly if you're waiting for the next post.

Had to update my bookmark, was getting a cql error. Site looks good. One question I have: When the dark theme is completed, will the box I am typing in right now also be black?

Oh wow, just noticed our PM storage limit is 50,000 now.  The classic "my inbox was full" excuse has just gone the way of "sorry I missed your call, someone in my house was on the internet".

Site looks like it is back to normal now. That initial update with the white background and the odd looking set up was scary. I love that we can change our usernames now. Finally

Not sure if this has been asked (still learning how to search threads with the new system), but is anything planning to be done for spoiler tags? Despite not having a "spoiler" button in the new message editor, the old
method still works...but it places the actual word "Spoiler" in front of the button...and it makes the spacing really terrible.

I also had to have help figuring out that posting a youtube video requires a [youtube] tag now instead of just posting the link like we used to be able to (in case anybody is still trying to figure that one out). I feel like I'm relearning the internet here. Way to make me feel 30, CAG, lol. We need an instruction manual. :lol:

Something I've always hoped for was a standard nav bar or floating nav box for the 4 big forums (VG Deals, PS, Xbox, Wii), that is always on screen no matter where how far you scroll.  It would keep those forums right at your fingertips.  Something like this:

Linked to the most [soon to be]current gen forums(PS4, Xbone, WiiU), not the page showing all the sub forums(with links to old console Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, etc).  All the subforums could still be reached the traditional way, or with the drop down menu bar, which is MIA at the moment.  

Is there a way to change the text box so that Firefox's built in spell checker works? I know Firefox's spell checker sucks but I'm a bumbling idiot when I type so I like to see my typos so I can fix them.

Quick question: What causes text to be put inside a white background?

Is it because of copy and paste?

Linked to the most [soon to be]current gen forums(PS4, Xbone, WiiU), not the page showing all the sub forums(with links to old console Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, etc). All the subforums could still be reached the traditional way, or with the drop down menu bar, which is MIA at the moment.
No love for the 3DS and Vita I see.

Probably a horrible question to ask, but are the old stuff that I thourughly enjoyed (the recent posts for different sections on the right hand side, and most notebally your guys feed) coming back anytime soon? I was really looking forward to reading those during E3.

Is there a way to change the topic headline on a thread you started? It was a checkmark next to the topic headline in CAG 2.0, but it's unclear to me how to change it in the new system.

Probably a horrible question to ask, but are the old stuff that I thourughly enjoyed (the recent posts for different sections on the right hand side, and most notebally your guys feed) coming back anytime soon? I was really looking forward to reading those during E3.
It's all coming back. And it's written in red at the top of the website.

Ok, just wanted to be 100% sure. So many of my favorites site say/do this lately and then it ends up not happening

Ok, just wanted to be 100% sure. So many of my favorites site say/do this lately and then it ends up not happening
Cheapy's the man, he doesn't fuck around.

The site upgrade is really awesome!

Really looking forward to seeing the Groups return, as I have some stuff going on there, but keep up the great work.  :bouncy:

I keep trying to get notifications working like they used to but can't get it to work at all. Either I'm completely in the dark with no emails or getting emails after every reply. Super frustrating. Anyone know how to get the single email per thread after a new reply and no more before you come back?

I keep trying to get notifications working like they used to but can't get it to work at all. Either I'm completely in the dark with no emails or getting emails after every reply. Super frustrating. Anyone know how to get the single email per thread after a new reply and no more before you come back?
I don't think they're working at the moment. I turned off the email notifications but kept the site notifications (shows up at the top) which worked yesterday but isn't working today.

I see the new "My Groups" Tab back in my profile but I clicked on it and its empty, are the groups going to be back also or just the feature? 

One thing that I noticed is that when I went to quote and reply to a post on the forums (not using MultiQuote, here, just Quote), it automatically multiquoted a bunch of the previous posts, instead of just the one I was trying to quote.  In fact, at one point it told me that I was trying to multiquote too many posts, and I was only trying to quote the one.  It wouldn't let me correct the problem, either.

So I hope that's a useful bit of feedback there!

Does anyone else have trouble with PMs they send using the Send me a message button? If I put a URL in the message, everything after the URL gets cut off.

This only happens when sending a message through the popup dialog from the Send me a message button. PMs sent using the Full Editor work fine.

I didn't see a dedicated thread for bug reports.

I didn't see a dedicated thread for bug reports.
Oh...I guess I thought (assumed) that this was that thread. When Cheapy D asked for feedback, I thought that he wanted it *here*. If there's a separate thread for bug reports, I'd be happy to send my bug that way as well.

I wasn't trying to be a pain...I was trying to be constructive.

To post a reply I can't simply click "Reply to this topic", I have to go to "more reply options" to submit a post.  The "Reply to this topic" is not clickable.

Also, I assume the carrots () are how we make spoilers and such now.  I tried using them and it locked up my browser.

The pages are much easier to read now with the dark background, but I still miss the "top ten" hot topics that were posted on the main page.

To post a reply I can't simply click "Reply to this topic", I have to go to "more reply options" to submit a post.  The "Reply to this topic" is not clickable.

Also, I assume the carrots () are how we make spoilers and such now.  I tried using them and it locked up my browser.

The pages are much easier to read now with the dark background, but I still miss the "top ten" hot topics that were posted on the main page.

Seems the "ignored post" part of the dark theme wasn't handled properly... I'm getting bright white bars in the middle of the forums where ignored posts are. :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back