CAG 3.0 Upgrade - News, Updates And Progress - Dark Theme, Feedback are Live - EVERYTHING is Coming Back Soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to throw out there that I personally like nested quotes.  They take up more room in some cases, but also make it easier to see what was happening when people are replying to each other with other posts in between.  You can read the whole conversation in one post in many cases.

IE9 - Unable to reply to a post from the quick box at the bottom of a thread.  The box to post does not appear.  The only way I can reply is via "More Reply Options" button. 

Is there anyway to fix this?

The way the new quotation system works (embedding quotes of quotes of quotes) is good and all for reference sake, but between that and the small # of quotes allowed per post... it's rather infuriating and limiting, at least in the discussion threads.

Combine this with the double post catcher (where your posts are just amended to your existing post) and if you have a lot of quotes you want to respond to, you can't even make 2 posts.  I've been having to cut up my posts, wait for another post, paste, cut, wait, repeat.

Can we do anything about upping that quotation per post limit?  Maybe combine this with some sort of quotation auto-trim so it only, at most, embeds 2-3 levels of nested quotes?

Added a new "Disable Avatars & User Info" setting in Profile Settings, which hides the left user info panel in posts. (Including avatars.)

i'm waiting for the groups section to come back!!   I used to belong to a few really quality private groups and i miss checking them/posting in them daily.

Is the price tracker just using Amazon for now? Also, I figured you guys would take off the HD-DVD part off of the Blu-Ray/DVD deal thread. HD-DVD is as relevant as laserdisc and VHS on the that forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
is it possible to switch to amazon uk when using the price tracker, now I only get all the prices from the us I'd like to get the updates from the shops located in the uk (shop to, amazon uk, zavvi)... or where can I find the latest deals section like on the old CAG where people would post deals they just had find out about..

Is there any way we can make it so when C&P'ing something, it doesn't also include the background color from whatever you're copying from? I've had this issue twice now where I'll accidentally type in the box of the person I'm quoting, so when I go back to edit it, since the text box is white, it'll copy the white background. It's really dumb.

Is there any way we can make it so when C&P'ing something, it doesn't also include the background color from whatever you're copying from? I've had this issue twice now where I'll accidentally type in the box of the person I'm quoting, so when I go back to edit it, since the text box is white, it'll copy the white background. It's really dumb.
if you're in chrome you can click "paste as plain text". There is also the option of selecting it after you paste it, and then clicking the little eraser button in the top left to remove formatting.

Can we seriously get a list of updates that have been implemented and those that are still coming?

I haven't been able to touch my tradelist for a week now because it has too many emoticons. I don't know if I should revamp it or wait...

Also, does anyone know why Firefox's spellchecker won't underline mis-spelled words in CAG3.0?

if you're in chrome you can click "paste as plain text". There is also the option of selecting it after you paste it, and then clicking the little eraser button in the top left to remove formatting.
Ah...thanks for the tip.

The way the new quotation system works (embedding quotes of quotes of quotes) is good and all for reference sake, but between that and the small # of quotes allowed per post... it's rather infuriating and limiting, at least in the discussion threads.

Combine this with the double post catcher (where your posts are just amended to your existing post) and if you have a lot of quotes you want to respond to, you can't even make 2 posts. I've been having to cut up my posts, wait for another post, paste, cut, wait, repeat.

Can we do anything about upping that quotation per post limit? Maybe combine this with some sort of quotation auto-trim so it only, at most, embeds 2-3 levels of nested quotes?
Agreed. Have had the same issue of having to break up posts with a lot of quotes, and then having to wait for someone else to reply before I could post the rest since it couldn't add them into the prior post that was already full up on allowed quotes (4 I think).

This may seem like a minor complaint but it would be nice to have a border/outline around quoted posts.  It would help differentiate between the quotes and the reply.  Maybe a grey outline so it wouldn't stand out too much but at least enough, comparable to what separates posts from sigs.

Can threads be searched?

And why the  fuck is the site so much slower now? This software seriously blows ass compared to 2.0.. Way to take a step backwards guys.

I've tried everything I can and I just do not like the new quotes. Here's a list of annoyances:

You cannot cut and paste them from one reply box to another to try to condense them into one post yourself without losing the original posters' information and all that.

You cannot multiquote between pages/posts of the same thread, so if you want to multiquote two posts that are on the opposite side of the page break, you're screwed. You have to quote and reply to one, do the other, and then see them auto-merged. That's inelegant. I would frequently open quote replies in new windows so I could just copy and paste them into one post myself to keep things as organized as possible and that's much harder to do now.

It's very easy to break the quote box when trying to use it as a way to highlight text from other sites. For example, when making the OP for this thread, I tried pasting that text description from the site into a quote box normally and maybe the first line got into it and the rest just spilled out past it like the quote didn't care at all that I was trying insert a bunch of text into its box. I also frequently just had it get messed up to the point where I ended up deleting it and do the quote the old school bbcode way because it was much easier to get it to do what I wanted that way.

It's still a thing that if you forget to push the enter button first to add a space to a reply before adding the quote, there's no way to move the quote down to give you that space. It's just stuck there until you delete it and do it the right way then. This is frequently becoming a big issue for me because quotes shouldn't be this immovable object that requires me to rethink how I'm going to format posts because of them.

I hope there are ways to fix all of these issues because I'm close to just doing all quotes in bbcode from now on if I can help it.

Blogs are up.

(Yep, improved header nav is going up soon.)

User image galleries are back up.
Neither of these work for me either.
They work ok for me.
Really? The galleries works for me now, but the blogs say I don't have permission to access them. I'd love to get back to blogging!

Also, +1 to neocisco's comment. I'd love to see more defined lines around the quote boxes.
I'm getting the same thing with blogs- a message saying I don't have permission to access them. I'm trying to be patient, but I am really missing the blogs!

+1 more for the more defined lines around quote boxes. That would be an awesome improvement.

You can count me among those who hate the nested quotes. They can make some posts huge, and the size of each post already takes up too much space compared to CAG 2.0.

Could we get the reply box to show the code used like how it did on the old cag

Example: when I was making a post the [ img ] tags would show but when I posted the code showed its desired effect.

Could we get the reply box to show the code used like how it did on the old cag

Example: when I was making a post the [ img ] tags would show but when I posted the code showed its desired effect.
just click the little lightswitch in the top left of the editor and it switches to plain bbcode.

No complaints here, just wanted to say that I'm loving the site's progress. Job well done. Looking forward to more updates coming soon.

I'm loving the new site, much more fluid and easy to manage. Just one quick note though, which has probably been already brought up, I can't seem to find my wish list anymore. Am I missing something here, or hasn't this feature  been implemented yet? Either way, good luck on the new site guys, onward to CAG 4.0!

Until we get our private groups back, this update is crap.

Many of us have money tied into gameshares that are in groups.  Get it together, please.

Many of us have money tied into gameshares that are in groups. Get it together, please.
Because the update doesn't cater to your very specific need, it's crap? Right.
What part of going from 2.0 to 3.0 should imply downgrades? Because unless you're just completely oblivious, there's a fuck ton of things wrong with 3.0, and a fuck ton of people, including myself are unhappy with it.

Many of us have money tied into gameshares that are in groups. Get it together, please.
Because the update doesn't cater to your very specific need, it's crap? Right.
What part of going from 2.0 to 3.0 should imply downgrades? Because unless you're just completely oblivious, there's a fuck ton of things wrong with 3.0, and a fuck ton of people, including myself are unhappy with it.
Dude. The site is still in the process of being completed. There are a lot of things unfinished and there will be tons of tweaking and fixing and adding and modifying, etc. to surpass CAG 2.0 and based on feedback to improve 3.0. BE PATIENT. Cheapy and John are working very hard to get things together, and they will in time. Shit doesn't happen overnight. Either add some constructive feedback and criticism or just leave and come back until the things you want are in place and how you like them.

All the problems inherent with this site's current software vs Vbulletin can't be fixed.

Also, maybe Cheapy and John should have tested 3.0 BEFORE replacing 2.0 with it. Just a thought. I've ran websites before, and you always test things out fully, and make sure things are up to snuff before transitioning over. Relaunching with the all-white theme mess, and the site half-broken was a poor showing.  I'm glad some of you are optimistic, but I can't be.  This is very much a downgrade until I see otherwise.

Any plans to get quick replies and quotes working for IE9?
Yep, it's on my todo list.
I know you're busting your ass over there, but could you maybe add your todo list and a change log to the first post so we can see what's in the pipeline? It's pretty frustrating when basic functions we used to have (deleting posts, useful search bar, drop down list of subforums for quick navigation, etc) go missing and we have no clue when they're coming back.

Not urgent as I don't think the site ever had this capability, but it would be nice to have a way to flag deal posts as dead or at least report to mods for removal from the deal forum. Many sites do this and it helps clean up the deal forum. Otherwise you get folks bumping super old threads.

Where all the HTML tags and inserts when posting there's just nothing there I can't even post a link... Tried on safari and chrome for iOS

Not urgent as I don't think the site ever had this capability, but it would be nice to have a way to flag deal posts as dead or at least report to mods for removal from the deal forum. Many sites do this and it helps clean up the deal forum. Otherwise you get folks bumping super old threads.
Just use the report button

Any plans to get quick replies and quotes working for IE9?
Yep, it's on my todo list.
I know you're busting your ass over there, but could you maybe add your todo list and a change log to the first post so we can see what's in the pipeline? It's pretty frustrating when basic functions we used to have (deleting posts, useful search bar, drop down list of subforums for quick navigation, etc) go missing and we have no clue when they're coming back.
Press the hide button next to the quote and report buttons to delete posts.

Okay first off, this is my first post on these forums, but i have been coming here a while when i could view Gamestop trade-in values (by searching) what happened to that feature? It was really helpful and then out of nowhere it's gone! Am i missing something here?

Okay first off, this is my first post on these forums, but i have been coming here a while when i could view Gamestop trade-in values (by searching) what happened to that feature? It was really helpful and then out of nowhere it's gone! Am i missing something here?

Whoa what's up with the dozens and dozens of new forums that require a password to enter on the forum list?  Are those here to stay? I guess not as they're gone now.

Why hello there.

It'll come back as the site gets updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back