CAG 3.0 Upgrade - News, Updates And Progress - Dark Theme, Feedback are Live - EVERYTHING is Coming Back Soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, my site changed back to the white background, is that for everyone right now or can I switch back to the dark one? I can't find how because I'm dumb, ha.

Never mind!!! I'm not dumb, yay

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the first time I've signed in this month and everything looks good so far.  Curious to see what the other updates will be.  Any chance there will be an official Android app in the future? Oh and thank you for the Dark Theme option.

This is the first time I've signed in this month and everything looks good so far. Curious to see what the other updates will be. Any chance there will be an official Android app in the future? Oh and thank you for the Dark Theme option.
You can use Tapatalk. The version 4 Beta is free right now, but I won't be surprised to see it have a price tag at some point though. If you follow lots of forums that support the app, I HIGHLY recommend it.

Ok... I think I'm coming around to this new version. I'm starting to like it, now that most things are fixed and some of the new features are great. You guys have done a great job fixing all the issues since the new version went up. The only things I'm now waiting on are for dark background reply boxes, more emoticons (classic systems please!) and hammering out the random glitches every now and then (like how the page won't refresh after submitting a reply).

With that said, can anyone explain why Firefox's spell checker doesn't work here? I make typos like a mofo so I hate that I can't see my errors before I submit my posts.

Did the whole custom spoiler issue ever get solved?

I mean being able to easily post custom spoilers so as long as they are the same line. Like,

[customspoiler='Bacon'] It tastes good

[/customspoiler]

But if it's used in a list, i.e in the line below the customspoiler, it screws up and just makes a button without including any of the contents in the spoiler. Like,

[customspoiler='Bacon']

Things to make along with Bacon:

Eggs

Pancakes

Muffins

[/customspoiler]

I am sorry to keep bringing this up, but it doesn't seem to be getting resolved (Maybe it is and I have just missed it). It's very necessary for the strategy guide thread and it only seems to work with the stuff I haven't changed from when it was on the old forum software. Maybe I am crazy and doing something wrong. 

Also, I don't want to sound completely negative. I really like the new layout and everything. keep up the good work! Just a few bugs here and there.

Ok the theme thing is starting to get annoying. I set my theme on one device and it set on all my other devices. Problem is i want different themes on different devices . For example dark is great on the desktop but sucks on my nexus 7 on that i want the mobile theme. Please make it so i can set the theme by device not as a global setting.

OK I think I am being REALLY dumb here but how the heck do you use spoiler tags this time around?  I can't seem to find them anywhere.

OK I think I am being REALLY dumb here but how the heck do you use spoiler tags this time around? I can't seem to find them anywhere.
4t0.png

5hr.png

or just

Code:
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

sad but true ive used this site as my videogame catalog as my stepson stole over 40 games from me. i started to log my games on here and keep track of them. Well now my list is gone and im kinda worried he might of gotten a few or could eventually get a few. Is it coming back if so will my list be there or will i have to restart it?

In my notifications it is saying "x user liked your post" when what is actually happening is x user is quoting my post. It was working in the morning June 20th and then started saying the wrong thing June 20th in the afternoon.

sad but true ive used this site as my videogame catalog as my stepson stole over 40 games from me. i started to log my games on here and keep track of them. Well now my list is gone and im kinda worried he might of gotten a few or could eventually get a few. Is it coming back if so will my list be there or will i have to restart it?
I use this site for that, too, but since it is incomplete (some games and many special editions / steelbooks are not on here) I also made my own spreadsheets of all my games. It takes some time, but it's a really nice database to have. Also, sorry to hear about the situation with your step son. That is awful.

Converting vast amounts of information from one database to another is not an easy task, which can be made more difficult depending on how similar or different the databases are, what new features are being added, and the coding behind it all.  Think about it, John has to move the entire CAG game database.  He might be purging it of any duplicate listings.  If he does this, then every user who had the duplicate game marked in their collection, wishlist, or trade list, will need the listing that is being kept marked as such.  Not to mention, he also has to move every user's collection, wishlist, and their trade list.  The way this worked in CAG 2.0 may be much different behind the scenes in CAG 3.0.  If he misses but one game in someone's collection, you know there will be enough moaning and groaning about it to fill the Grand Canyon.  He also has to make sure the functionality of adding games, removing games, etc. works through testing.  Not to mention whatever new features are going to be implemented.  I don't believe most of you have much knowledge of how big a task it is to convert data like this and really should express some patience. 

Zaku77, why wouldn't you use the Add Game to Database feature in 2.0 if a game was missing? 

I use this site for that, too, but since it is incomplete (some games and many special editions / steelbooks are not on here) I also made my own spreadsheets of all my games. It takes some time, but it's a really nice database to have. Also, sorry to hear about the situation with your step son. That is awful.
thank you yes its been a pain... i hate spreadsheets ive started one on some third rate free program and that was it had too much trouble with it. I dont mine it not having all editions of games as long as it has the main one im fine just as a place holder to know what i own. Right now i have at least 76 ps3 games counting the mass effect trilogy as one game and so on. It really easy to lose track

Shouldn't the dark theme be default? I clear my cookies everytime I close my browser and I have to keep switching to the dark theme.

thank you yes its been a pain... i hate spreadsheets ive started one on some third rate free program and that was it had too much trouble with it. I dont mine it not having all editions of games as long as it has the main one im fine just as a place holder to know what i own. Right now i have at least 76 ps3 games counting the mass effect trilogy as one game and so on. It really easy to lose track
If you're willing to give it one more go, try out google docs online spreadsheets (assuming you don't have excel). It's pretty comparable, and shouldn't be too much of a pain. I have nearing 1000 games, so I know how easy it is to lose track without some kind of record. :3

Why is the interface back to white, instead of black? The bright white is really annoying!

Also, how do you switch back to the dark theme?

[quote name="CaoPi" post="10852855" timestamp="1371976912"]
Why is the interface back to white, instead of black? The bright white is really annoying!

Also, how do you switch back to the dark theme?[/quote]Look at the right down corner for Change Theme option.

I was going to catch up on leaving feedback but it seems there is no longer a form for extra details and comments. I checked users that I have left feedback for piror to 3.0 and details are not there. The additional details/comments section was very important for me as I typed up specifics for the trade as well as if I have traded with the user before etc. Will these be back or is all of that lost :whistle2:( ?

Everything is coming back.
So detailed feedback comments will be restored?

A light green background would be nice! Whites a little weird but I'm guessing we will get to pick the color soon:)

I'm still getting this message when I try to alter my sig.

"You may only use up to 5 lines of text in your signature."

I have 5 lines and I'm not adding any new lines of text when altering it.  Any help?

Also, would it be possible, when clicking on a link to a CAG's tradelist (such as the one in my sig), to have it open a new tab instead of redirecting the current one?  Thanks.

Have you considered using The Backloggery?

Is there any way to disable signatures/avatars? Also how do I check my price notifications? It's pretty much the only reason I visit CAG.

Shouldn't the dark theme be default? I clear my cookies everytime I close my browser and I have to keep switching to the dark theme.
Pretty sure Cheapy prefers the white and wants to make that the new standard. The dark was just added back in to appease the old users, but new users will join with the white theme and prefer that one.

Bug report: I was making a post in a user group thread and clicked the "More Reply Options" button. It took me to a "Sorry, we couldn't find that! You do not have permission to view this topic" error. I had just been viewing the topic, so I do have permission.

On that note, threads in user groups are currently sorted by creation date, descending. Would it be possible to have them sorted by last post date (descending), the way they were in CAG 2.0? Thanks.

I have 5 lines and I'm not adding any new lines of text when altering it. Any help?

Also, would it be possible, when clicking on a link to a CAG's tradelist (such as the one in my sig), to have it open a new tab instead of redirecting the current one? Thanks.
Looking at your sig now, you're more likely to have issues due to having more than one image in it. One is the new limit...but most people's old sigs were grandfathered in (like mine). But that also means you won't ever be able to change it unless you cut down to only one image...unless CAG feels like being more generous with sig sizes. Not sure if they're just being frugal while the site is essentially still in "beta mode".

Pretty sure Cheapy prefers the white and wants to make that the new standard. The dark was just added back in to appease the old users, but new users will join with the white theme and prefer that one.

they may start with white but doubt it be perfered not sure what thier contrast would be set to like it more mabye more grey then white if not it blinding an text stands out oddly "my oppion"

I'm usually not one for outright hatred, but I abhor the white theme, and now I'm frustrated because if I want to visit this site, I have to go through the process of manually changing the theme every time. It's caused me to start using CAG less often, to be honest. I mean, I doubt Cheapy's really hurting now that I'm not using his referral links for the few qualifying purchases I make, but there should at least be a method so that we don't have to navigate to the bottom of the page and fix it every time we visit if we don't like the blinding white.

I'm confused, the site changes to white every time you visit? It's supposed to remember your selection.

We will get a theme switch icon on the header, hopefully.

I have 5 lines and I'm not adding any new lines of text when altering it. Any help?
fixed?

I'm confused, the site changes to white every time you visit? It's supposed to remember your selection.

We will get a theme switch icon on the header, hopefully.
I don't know about the other guy, but mine keeps changing back to white because I always clear my cookies when I close my browser.

Not sure if this question has been asked. I tried looking through the forum but with so many pages I got really tired of looking for the answer. If this has been asked already, I apologize.

I've been trying to input websites but would like to change the website into a specific word/words but can't seem to figure it out with the new site. I could do it no problem with the old site, but having a hard time now. Any advice?

Not sure if this question has been asked. I tried looking through the forum but with so many pages I got really tired of looking for the answer. If this has been asked already, I apologize.

I've been trying to input websites but would like to change the website into a specific word/words but can't seem to figure it out with the new site. I could do it no problem with the old site, but having a hard time now. Any advice?
just select the text you want to link, and click the little chain icon in between the bullet and picture buttons. Paste the link in and you're good to go ;)

Is there any way to sort search results by most rather than topic?  Or did I just miss it somewhere?

I apologize in advance if this has been answered.  I've been trying to find an answer but it's -- naturally -- the sort of thing easier found by a list of posts rather than a list of topics.

Any chance we could get the option to change the notification style to "x new replies to topic" rather than seeing 30 new posts for the same thread? The popular threads totally drown out the others the way it is now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back