CAG 3.0 Upgrade - News, Updates And Progress - Dark Theme, Feedback are Live - EVERYTHING is Coming Back Soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know its been said that all the content is coming back before the switch, but any news on importing the old lists into the new format? I spent a good amount of time on those before, hopefully they are still in the works. No rush either way, just curious.
Do you see your lists when you click "choose lists" in the upper right corner here?

Do you see your lists when you click "choose lists" in the upper right corner here?
I see my collection has carried over, but the list section has been blank for me since the collection section was available. Also clicking the Lists button at the bottom of the page gives a page error.

EDIT: Ok, now it is showing the lists when I click choose lists, thanks! The text carried over as well, which I'm sure you are still formatting that as before.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any reason why when I want to acces my whish list or collection, I can't do so from the drop down menu at the top when clicking on my username? Maybe a bit nitpicky, but to go to the bottom of the page and click on those tiny letters usually reserved for a contact and about page seems odd to me.

is the game collection feature still a work in progress, or is it implemented and I just can't find it.  Realized how sad it is I don't even know what games I own without using CAG's game collection tracker.  lol

is the game collection feature still a work in progress, or is it implemented and I just can't find it. Realized how sad it is I don't even know what games I own without using CAG's game collection tracker. lol
At the bottom of the page, the very very bottom, under the "Games & Products" header, click on "Your Collection".

OK, I haven't heard if the changes have been formalized but something that has mentioned before and something new...

1) Still waiting for the quick dropdown forum jump feature.

Selecting a specific forum directly instead of bread crumbing back to some list.

For instance, if I want to jump to BluRay deals, I'd like to use a drop down box to get their directly.

Is this going to happen.

Also, I like the revolving picture news items on the front page but if I miss one, there doesn't seem to be a way to get back.

You should add little back/forward hot links in the picture, like IGN does.

John says a big update is coming Sunday.  I don't know what time zone that is.

After that is up, we can see about getting a public "fix list" going.

You guys really need to make it one update per thread. They need to combined. I make the mistake of posting in a big, popular thread and I come back to 45 updates. I then end up missing the one reply in the smaller thread I'm also taking part in. That should really be fixed ASAP.

You guys really need to make it one update per thread. They need to combined. I make the mistake of posting in a big, popular thread and I come back to 45 updates. I then end up missing the one reply in the smaller thread I'm also taking part in. That should really be fixed ASAP.
John says a big update is coming Sunday. I don't know what time zone that is.

After that is up, we can see about getting a public "fix list" going.

Why does the new posts cookie keep getting reset?  It's annoying having to find the last post I read in threads, hope Sundays update addresses this cause it's making the site very hard to use.

Watching the little buttons for "go to first unread post" appear and disappear in my subscriptions during the past day or so has been fun. :p

(I'm not complaining that the feature is temporarily disabled.)

What's up with the Special BBCode Insertion? The Google Spreadsheet insertion just doesn't work even though it shows up in the preview screen.

Not sure what's left to turn off an email for each post on a thread I subscribe to. I set my request to "Offline" and yet I still get an email for every post.

I agree, it should just give one update per thread/blog/subscription, with info like "45 new replies to "thread title".

Not sure what's left to turn off an email for each post on a thread I subscribe to. I set my request to "Offline" and yet I still get an email for every post.
That's a "Notification Frequency" setting, meaning that it controls WHEN you get notifications, not whether you do or not. What you want to do is uncheck all of the boxes under "Email" that apply.

Is anyone having issues getting the site to load in Firefox. I had this problem all day yesterday and again this morning. Other browsers like Chrome seemed to load CAG just fine.

I've been having consistent server errors as of last night. A simple ip release/renew fixes it, but it's happened three times since last night. When it's happening, I get the server error in Chrome, a white page in Firefox, but the site works in IE.

Just to chime in, I've also been having a lot of errors, albeit in Tapatalk on my phone. Everything seems to be fine on my PC, but it is really annoying nonetheless. Hope this gets fixed soon, you guys are doing a great job getting everything back in place all the same :)

I've been having consistent server errors as of last night. A simple ip release/renew fixes it, but it's happened three times since last night. When it's happening, I get the server error in Chrome, a white page in Firefox, but the site works in IE.
Same for me.

Edit/Update: Just wanted to add it is happening quite a bit today.

ok I've gotten the curse. I'm having to release and renew my ip roughly every 5-10 minutes or else nothing will work. Please fix this it is making me crazy trying to update my thread :wall:

Is anyone having issues getting the site to load in Firefox. I had this problem all day yesterday and again this morning. Other browsers like Chrome seemed to load CAG just fine.
Yeah, at home this morning, and again intermittently here at the office this afternoon. I just get a plain white screen, no error. And I see other people posting during the time I'm not able to load the site, so it's clearly not down for everybody. Weird.

I haven't been having any issues loading the site from Firefox v22. Maybe I don't view at the same times as everybody else though.

I agree, it should just give one update per thread/blog/subscription, with info like "45 new replies to "thread title".
Agreed. I'd just like to which threads I was following had new replies, not a bunch for a thread that got a rash of replies all at once taking up the whole screen.

Why don't you guys just look at the "Content I Follow" page for which threads have new posts? It's basically the User CP from CAG 2.0. You can also tweak the notifications to only show when you've been quoted or someone liked one of your posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back