CAG 3.0 Upgrade - News, Updates And Progress - Dark Theme, Feedback are Live - EVERYTHING is Coming Back Soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Region settings being incorrect is something I've not been aware of. Is it random, or is there a clear pattern about which regions have been assigned? (E.g. JP games being assigned as EU, and so on.)
It seems to be random. Some of the games in my collection say they're the Japanese version even though it's more like 99% NA for me, so I don't know where that came from. I never really messed with that on old CAG, so I don't know if that's a remnant of that old system or something new. It seems like every game should just default to the region I'm in.

The marketplace region also seems to be messed up since it'll change from USA to UK if I just save the settings without touching that option and it cannot be changed back.

I am missing TONS of games from my collection since the changeover.  Will they eventually show up

after the game collection section is fully up and running?  Hopefully the running total of games in

the collection returns as well.

I am missing TONS of games from my collection since the changeover. Will they eventually show up

after the game collection section is fully up and running? Hopefully the running total of games in

the collection returns as well.
Is there any pattern to the games you're missing? Are they all iOS games by any chance?

I tried that but it's still there.  Even if that did work, though, there should really be an option to delete while on the "content" page instead of going into the thread to do it.

Thanks.  However, that makes me wonder about something else.  What is the purpose in having both "My Content" and "Content I Follow"?  I'm assuming there is a difference that I'm just overlooking.  If not, it seems like a wasted feature.

My Content just shows threads you've created or posted in. Content I Follow shows all content that you follow including social groups, reviews, and threads you don't post in. Then there's the What's New section that offers more variables to limit or expand what's shown.

OK, thanks.  IMO, it sure seems that there has been an overabundance of exploration needed to figure out how a lot of things work in 3.0.

Forgive me if this has been answered before, but are the price tracker alerts going to make a come back?  I'd really like to set price thresholds for a few games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Forgive me if this has been answered before, but are the price tracker alerts going to make a come back? I'd really like to set price thresholds for a few games.
It would be great if there was a bulleted list of open items/missing features in the first post and if/when these features are expected to return!

No one has ever responded to my queries as to if/when wiki posts will return--would be nice if there was a simple chart to refer to. Just an acknowledgement of what is still missing would be great--even if the status of items was TBD.

Is there any pattern to the games you're missing? Are they all iOS games by any chance?
I just noticed that anything prior to the PS2/Xbox/GC generation is not there yet. I assume this is still to come since they aren't included in the sort option dropdown. I have been trying to match up the lists, but it is VERY tedious. I tried sorting them by platform, PS3 in this case, and alphabetically. I got as far as the "L"s and then the list reverts back to all games starting at B. The 50th PS3 game listed was Little Big Planet and then the next one was Battlefield for the Xbox.

Is there any way to accommodate the odd resolution (290 x 136) for many Steam/PC titles in Grid view? A lot of PC games these days don't ever have traditional box art, and the store page image on Steam is the closest thing to a standard in that sense. They fit in pretty well in the CAG 2.0 collection display, but here they're a bit warped.

edit: And as of now, those Steam store page images can't be uploaded to CAG because the dimensions are too small.

screen:

Cmf7wnr.jpg

Appreciate any feedback.

I haven't read the whole thread, but I'm not a fan of the emails this time around. I often can't see the subject of the email until I open it. I can tell that Daily New Topics Digest is my email telling me new threads in the deals forum. However, the other emails all say the same thing, Daily New Posts Digest. I can't tell which thread they are for until I open them. The old site sent messages with more descriptive subjects.

I haven't read the whole thread, but I'm not a fan of the emails this time around. I often can't see the subject of the email until I open it. I can tell that Daily New Topics Digest is my email telling me new threads in the deals forum. However, the other emails all say the same thing, Daily New Posts Digest. I can't tell which thread they are for until I open them. The old site sent messages with more descriptive subjects.

I think I can fix this one myself.

I am getting new message emails like 6 hours after they happen. Is it just me?
It probably correlates to my bitch about how my daily topic emails used to be sent between 3-5am EST (my time zone) and now I'm lucky if I get them at all some days. the other day I got a bunch of them all at 10 o'clock at night. Man, I miss the old email notifications.

EDIT: ...unless my specific prob on the days I'm not getting email updates at all comes from having the Tapatalk app. I hardly ever actually open it, much-less view threads in it though, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I just noticed that anything prior to the PS2/Xbox/GC generation is not there yet. I assume this is still to come since they aren't included in the sort option dropdown. I have been trying to match up the lists, but it is VERY tedious. I tried sorting them by platform, PS3 in this case, and alphabetically. I got as far as the "L"s and then the list reverts back to all games starting at B. The 50th PS3 game listed was Little Big Planet and then the next one was Battlefield for the Xbox.
Use the table view to sort alphabetically and filter by platform. It's the only one that doesn't load additional games that aren't in the selected platform.

It probably correlates to my bitch about how my daily topic emails used to be sent between 3-5am EST (my time zone) and now I'm lucky if I get them at all some days. the other day I got a bunch of them all at 10 o'clock at night. Man, I miss the old email notifications.

EDIT: ...unless my specific prob on the days I'm not getting email updates at all comes from having the Tapatalk app. I hardly ever actually open it, much-less view threads in it though, someone correct me if I'm wrong.
If you are using "offline" notifications and reading the threads in tapatalk, you wont receive emails for those threads.

Subscribe with "instant" notifications and you should receive them instantly.

i think.

Use the table view to sort alphabetically and filter by platform. It's the only one that doesn't load additional games that aren't in the selected platform.
I see I was doing this in list view and it does make a difference using table view. I'm trying to like the new setup for this site but it really doesn't work for me. Christ, it takes 15 seconds to send a post now.

:

So how long is the mobile site going to suck ass?  The missing page numbers and ability to jump pages makes browsing it a pain in the ass.  It can't be that hard to add in.

So how long is the mobile site going to suck ass? The missing page numbers and ability to jump pages makes browsing it a pain in the ass. It can't be that hard to add in.
my suggestion would be to check out Tapatalk. Works great and is a lot more user friendly than both the main and mobile site (in my opinion at least). I use it solely for my mobile needs, and can't imagine trying to use the mobile site after it. Highly recommend you look into it ^_^

my suggestion would be to check out Tapatalk. Works great and is a lot more user friendly than both the main and mobile site (in my opinion at least). I use it solely for my mobile needs, and can't imagine trying to use the mobile site after it. Highly recommend you look into it ^_^

This ninja squirrel speaks the truth.

I've tried the beta they put out a bit ago and it's not all that bad, but I really don't want to spend $5 just to browse this site. It's literally the only one I use on my phone daily, it's very helpful when you're standing at Best Buy and are trying to figure out what blurays to grab. I guess that's why I'm pretty much the only one bringing up issues with the mobile site, lol.

Anyway to improve the quote and spoiler tag security to prevent non-members/ lurkers getting freebies without any gratitude?

(I apologize if this has been brought up before)

On the price tracker, is there a way to filter out games you already own?  Cause that would make it SO much easier to go through.

Also, and nowhere near as important, perhaps adding a button for "Not Interested", so some games never pop up?

I know you can check right off your Wish List to see how the games are priced, but being able to just take out ones you have or are outright not interested in on the main price would just make it a little easier to go through.

Of course, if such a thing already exists and someone can educate me how to properly use it... well, that'd be fine too!

Thanks!

I like this idea. Maybe a registered only section for the free code drop section.
So someone could register, never post, and still lurk? Great idea. A user can still take a code and not say thanks and then the lot of you would still be crying about it. Do like others do, make it so they have to do something for the code.

So someone could register, never post, and still lurk? Great idea. A user can still take a code and not say thanks and then the lot of you would still be crying about it. Do like others do, make it so they have to do something for the code.
Well it would be better than the current system. At least you would need to register. The best way to do it would be the way Neogaf has a bot that gives out the codes and can limit how many times you win per day etc.

Everyone please be patient with the CAG upgrade being fully completed. Cheapy and John are going through hell with the company who is responsible for this new forum software. Go read Cheapy's link he posted on Twitter to see what I mean lol.

Everyone please be patient with the CAG upgrade being fully completed. Cheapy and John are going through hell with the company who is responsible for this new forum software. Go read Cheapy's link he posted on Twitter to see what I mean lol.
Yeah, that's just a big "wow" on that Invision customer service.

I would like to report a bug with the custom spoilers. They are not keeping all the text between the

[ customspoiler=whatever ] and [/customspoiler] inside the spoiler tags.

Real World Example from attempt in a thread:

(Remove the spaces by the brackets to reproduce)

[ customspoiler=Steam keys $0.50 each ]
Geneforce Saga- 2 copies
Gettysburg: Armored Warfare
Grotesque Tactics: Evil Heroes

King's Bounty: The Legend

King's Bounty: Armored Princess

Men of War

Men of War: Red Tide
Necrovision

Shank 2
Tank Universal

[/customspoiler]

Yields this:

[customspoiler=Steam keys $0.50 each]
Geneforce Saga- 2 copies
Gettysburg: Armored Warfare
Grotesque Tactics: Evil Heroes

King's Bounty: The Legend

King's Bounty: Armored Princess

Men of War

Men of War: Red Tide
Necrovision

Shank 2
Tank Universal

[/customspoiler]

Not sure if this has been asked or is being worked on since I could not find anything in specific when searching this thread.

Any way that there can be an extra option tp allow users to select a "default" choice for "Posts Per Page" in our settings? I usually do not sign in unless I have to contribute to a discussion or reply to a conversation and the default posts per page is set to 30 when not signed in.

After signing in. the posts count switches to the preferred count set in your profile, but when you look at what page you are at you are no longer reading the same posts that you were before you signed in. So either you go backward a few posts because you are viewing less than 30 posts or you go forward posts if you are viewing more than 30 posts.

Currently the Posts Per Page choices are [10,25,50,100]. A "Default" choice that matches that of the non-signed in post per page count would be excellent. I know it is a minor thing, but it can get confusing when reading long threads and needing to change to a different page to reach the post you were at before you signed in.

Thanks.

Don't know if this has been addressed yet, but is it possible to get some consistency on avatar sizes? I sized my avatar at 101x101 back on the old CAG, now it still looks sharp on my profile page but blurry elsewhere when it's sized down. There are like 4 different sizes used on different pages throughout CAG. I guess if I knew the size used on the actual thread pages I could try to make it so it looked good there at least.

Ok, so I found my content page, but the newest posts arent always first shown. It is sorted correctly, but I have a thread with a post form this morning that is on my second page of subscribed threads. I took some time off of CAG, but if this is how the site will work, it is unusable for what it is meant for...especially if you cant get updates in a timely manner.

Ok, so I found my content page, but the newest posts arent always first shown. It is sorted correctly, but I have a thread with a post form this morning that is on my second page of subscribed threads. I took some time off of CAG, but if this is how the site will work, it is unusable for what it is meant for...especially if you cant get updates in a timely manner.

use Content I follow

I'd like to see Arial Black brought back for a font option.  I've used it regularly in my trade threads for years and would appreciate having it as an option again.

I miss the old way to search for your own post. I could just search on the Trading subforum for my posts then delete, then repost. Now I have to scroll through all my posts that I have made to find my Steam Trade post or my PSN code trading post. Its annoying to update

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back