CAG Beta/Feature Updates: Price Tracker, Collections, Boxart Upload, Reviews Live!

I have question about the sites software, are you using wordpress or movable type for the front page and how are you linking the forums into the blog. Just Wonderin!

I have over 10 games missing in my collection...

Beyond the Beyond PSX
Tactics Ogre: Let us cling together PSX
Resident Evil 2 GC
Resident Evil Zero GC
Mortal Kombat: Deception Xbox
MOrtal Kombat: Armageddon Xbox
Final Fantasy PSP
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within PS2
Super Dragonball Z PS2
Final Fantasy X PS2
Final Fantasy X-2 PS2
Megaman X SNES

Please put them in the system thanks...

EDIT:

Whoops forgot that I can add them myself... thanks anyways.

Last edited by a moderator:
The search for adding new versions of a game to existing games absolutely sucks. I was trying to add the PS3 version of Heavy Weapon so that it was attached to the Xbox 360 version and all it would ever bring up is Heavy Rain. Any chance of this being fixed or just the option of selecting multiple consoles when adding a game for the first time?

Edit: Nevermind, I had to change the platform to Xbox 360 to get it to show up. I'm not sure why that's even connected to the platform since it's the platform that the new version is on.

How about adding an option to copy all of the info from the parent game so I don't have to add it all in manually?

[quote name='Davestation']Also why are there trade listings for Banned Members? Wanted to make an offer for Cross Edge but the only CAG that has it is banned....[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Blackout']I tried to change some of my Blog descriptions and I kept getting this error. I'm using Firefox, latest version. Not sure what the deal is:

Fatal error: Field showblogheaderpic is not defined in $validfields in class vB_DataManager_User in [path]/includes/class_dm.php on line 485

[/QUOTE]These will be fixed.

[quote name='cfootball1']I have question about the sites software, are you using wordpress or movable type for the front page and how are you linking the forums into the blog. Just Wonderin![/QUOTE]It is custom built by John.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']How about adding an option to copy all of the info from the parent game so I don't have to add it all in manually?[/QUOTE]Yeah, that needs to happen. The cheat now is to hit the back button in your browser after submission and change the platform and re-submit.

Two things....
1. I know you are going to add the names to the address, any ETA on that?, one thing preventing me from using it.
2. If you go to "My Matches" you see a game say "Fallout 3" in the "Cheapest used" column you see a "$40 from user" for example, but if you click the users link, the prices and user never match up correctly. So the price from a user is not being displayed correctly in the "My Matches" screen.

keep working hard John

Last edited by a moderator:
The game collection has gotten worse, not better. The pictures are too small, it's using "The" when alphabetizing and "Tom Clancy's..." has been added to games that had been submitted without it. When has anyone ever walked into a store and said "Do you have Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent?". The TC should be removed from those games so they can alphabetized properly.

Also, the iTrader number is severely out of date. I'm currently at 196 but it still reads at 182 under the beta.

[quote name='neocisco']The game collection has gotten worse, not better. The pictures are too small, it's using "The" when alphabetizing and "Tom Clancy's..." has been added to games that had been submitted without it. When has anyone ever walked into a store and said "Do you have Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent?". The TC should be removed from those games so they can alphabetized properly.[/QUOTE]

The collection box art size is back to its original dimensions.

I agree that we need to get rid of "The" when alphabetizing by game name, although I think your Tom Clancy example is going a little too far. Having a "how you'd ask for it in a store" field is a little too subjective to use as a sorting field. We'll sort out the "the" sorting issue though.

Thanks on the "The" issue. Any chance of increasing the size of the box art? Maybe not necessarily as big as it was but bigger than it is now. As far as TC goes, when discussing one of those games who really puts the "Tom Clancy" on there when speaking the title's name? It just seems unnecessary to have. Leaving it off doesn't make the games less identifiable and having it really just makes for a longer, clunkier title. Just something else to chew on.

Thanks for the several times you've responded to me, John. I wish I could get the same results from (some, not all) mods.

I'm for a stricter listing of game names, such as including Tom Clancy's, Sid Meier's, and let's not forget Peter Jackson's King Kong: The Official Game of the Movie.

Those are all different. Tom Clancy has absolutely nothing to do with making any of those games, Sid Meier is running the show and Peter Jackson chose the guy who did the actual work of making the game, Michel Ancel. As an exception I agree with Sid Meier's name being part of the title but there are too many variables to apply people's names to game titles as a rule.

As long as commas aren't being used, like "Rainbow Six Vegas, Tom Clancy's," to get it to work, that would be fine. Maybe there's a way to have a specific name for a game to be sorted by but still display the full, official name.

What about John Woo's Stranglehold? Just another example. The point is that there are always going to be games that have unnecessary introductions.

How far backlogged is the mod staff on going through game submissions/alterations. I'm still seeing things i submitted over a month ago unchanged. For example there are two versions of Final Fantasy VI advance, one for the gba(correct) and one for the ds(incorrect). The sad thing is the one for the ds has 5 times as many adds and it doesn't exist.

I'm finding much more stuff, and submitting games again after taking a month off for stuff to get fixed, and a lot of it has, so I'm going to go ahead and enter the rest of my stuff.

if you need someone extra to go through these submissions, I'd be glad to help. I've submitted a ton of info, and corrections and box-arts so far.

When it comes to the naming of games in the database, it's my understanding that it should be as close to what the box art says as possible. That's including "The", "Tom Clancy's", "Disney's" ect, and the usage between "and" and "&", and "2" and "II". So, in short, what the box art says, it what the name of the game should be listed.

What I want from CAG trading feature:

• Interconnectivity with CAG trading thread
  • Ability to add item descriptions & pictures
  • Date game/listing was posted
  • Ability to search for a games easily(I dont like adding games to wishlist)
  • CAG email alerts for CAGtrading

I'm trying out the trading system.....I see after you make a offer, and are awaiting a reply, there is no way to "cancel" the trade. Only options are to change the offer, you can't just get rid of the offer all together.

How do you completely remove deleted blog posts? I was typing a blog and for whatever reason it accidentally posted, completely unfinished. How do I remove it out of my blog?

[quote name='CheapyD']Working on it...if someone from Steam would reply to my emails, that would move things along.[/QUOTE]

Any update on Steam/Impulse/Etc being included in the price tracker? That would be such a great feature for PC gamers.

Would it be possible to add Steam as type of game. I steam games are also pc games but you can't sell a steam game. Also sometimes I would rather have one version over another. For example I rather have a steam version of a game on my wishlist rather than pc version if I don't like the drm on the pc version.

[quote name='Blackout']How do you completely remove deleted blog posts? I was typing a blog and for whatever reason it accidentally posted, completely unfinished. How do I remove it out of my blog?[/QUOTE]Click the edit button and you should see deletion options.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Shouldn't there be a GameFly trade-in price spot amongst the others that are already there?[/QUOTE] We should be receiving a direct feed from them containing their tivs.

[quote name='MannishBoy']Any update on Steam/Impulse/Etc being included in the price tracker? That would be such a great feature for PC gamers.[/QUOTE]Working on that.

[quote name='Baron O Hell']Would it be possible to add Steam as type of game. I steam games are also pc games but you can't sell a steam game. Also sometimes I would rather have one version over another. For example I rather have a steam version of a game on my wishlist rather than pc version if I don't like the drm on the pc version.[/QUOTE] I see where you are coming from, but I think that may be a little too complex and confusing for right now.

[quote name='CheapyD']Click the edit button and you should see deletion options.

[/QUOTE]

I clicked the edit button and I don't see any more further options for the deleted post. When you delete a blog post, it deletes the blog from your blog count but if you scroll down your blog it still pops up as "deleted blog post by *insert user name* with the entree slot. The comments are also still there. Is there anyway to completely remove the entire posting?

Just a heads up, you still can't change your blog header, description, title, etc. When you click submit you still get a white page with the same error message as before.

I'm pretty sure that deleted post is only seen by you.

Regarding the other issues...a big blog update is coming.

[quote name='CheapyD']I'm pretty sure that deleted post is only seen by you.

Regarding the other issues...a big blog update is coming.[/QUOTE]

Yep, you're right. I logged out and took a look at my blog. The deleted posts don't show up. Thanks for the clarification and can't wait to see what's in store for the blogs!

I can't edit game information, add new games or game versions in IE 8. (I can just fine in Firefox though.)

This is what I see when it finishes loading:

a.jpg

And this is the error that pops up when I click the "Error on page" on the bottom left:

b.jpg

This happens to every game, not just the one shown, since the beginning of the database. Any time I've wanted to add game information I've had to switch computers and load up Firefox. (Yes, I know Firefox is great, but I still should be able to do this without Firefox.) This is something I have to fix on my side, or is this an issue with CAG?

[quote name='tyhana']Yes, I know Firefox is great, but I still should be able to do this without Firefox.[/QUOTE]
My argument isn't so much that Firefox is great, it has its own problems on slower computers. Rather, anything but IE is probably a better choice unless there is a specific reason for you to use IE.

[quote name='Doomed']My argument isn't so much that Firefox is great, it has its own problems on slower computers. Rather, anything but IE is probably a better choice unless there is a specific reason for you to use IE.[/QUOTE]

More free time at work (IE) than at home (Firefox), lol. I was adding many games to the database at home with Firefox, but with less time at home I was hoping to help more from work, but that obviously isn't working out too well.

You still can't edit the blog description. The same error message pops up.

There is a problem in collections feature. Fallout 3 game of the year edition is not listed for the PC. I went and tried to add it to the system. While doing so I learned that it is a parent of Fallout 3 and is already in the system. The problem is there doesn't seem to be a way to add it to your collection without attempting to add it to the system because it doesn't turn up in a search. Note the PS3 and Xbox versions do show up.

My mistake. I only typed in Fallout 3 and assumed the pc version of GOTY edition was missing since the PS3 and Xbox version showed up by just typing fallout 3.

So I did a blog about the new marketplace but it wasn't that good so ill be doing a new one with pics and feedback on it.

One thing is will accessories be added for all systems. not every one just the main ones like controllors, headset, memory card/hard drive or systems all togther.

It would be cool to see where i can get the cheapest 360, ds lite, Wii, ps3 slim from used or new.

thx a bunch john and cheapyd

In the marketplace front page, when the lowest price and seller are paired in the "Cheapest - CAG Marketplace" column, it pairs up the lowest price possible, and the person with the highest feedback, not the person who is selling it.

Feature request: Include "N/A" or "Not Applicable" in the "Game Disc/Cartridge Condition" section for downloaded games.

bread's done
Back