CAG Beta/Feature Updates: Price Tracker, Collections, Boxart Upload, Reviews Live!

Collections section is looking good, guys. How much does Shipwreck charge to plug his brain into websites? Must be painful.
Just noticed I have an award for submitting boxart. I'm so fucking awesome.

Added my game collection and looking very forward to the trading feature -- keep up the great work, everyone!

One suggestion: Add the ability to rate a game when you enter the "Edit" page.

Price tracker is friggen' awesome, if it works right. I had it notify me for Sacred 2 for under $50. It checked the link, but it lists gogamer.com as having free shipping, which I can't seem to get. I almost just want to look for price drops at Amazon exclusively since I know I'll get free shipping. A customizable choice of vendors would be great, if not already implemented and I just didn't notice.

Price Alerts doesnt seem to be working for me. i didn't receive an email for a game that dropped below my preferred price when i checked Amazon today. i checked my email setting and it's the right address. checked the spam folder too and nothing there. not sure what's wrong.

edit: gonna redo my alert prices and see if it works later.

ls there any way to mark titles in our game collection "for trade" & have the list visible ? somerthing similiar to the "CML" button

One small thing i would like to see on the collection/wish list pages........if you sort by platform, could you have it so in each platform they are still listed in alphabetic order......

Actually one more thing, can we uniform the platform titles some more....my gameboy games are a little split up because my Gamecube games are listed between Game Boy and GBA.....i'm sure the naming could be changed so that they are listed one after the other

When searching for the word Capcom in the search bar, it comes up with no results, so when I'm trying to look for a game that starts with Capcom (for example, Capcom vs SNK), I have to omit that word and continue with the rest of the game title to (hopefully) find it.

Is it even possible to get the following awards?

wombatstalk_2.jpg
wombatstalk_3.jpg
test.jpg

Not even Wombat is enough of a Wombat stalker to have the first two. Not even John is enough of a "test" to get the test award. I've befriended Wombat and PMed him, plus commented on his blog. How can I stalk him any further?

After clickin' down a couple of prices after the Price Tracker feature was initially announced, I came back today to discover - to my vast surprise - that some games had plummeted in value without an e-mail in sight.

I've been checking my Spam, perhaps not hard enough (as it is a gmail account), yet, is there any reason I wouldn't be getting updates for games that have already surpassed my cheap-ass limit?

[quote name='tyhana']When searching for the word Capcom in the search bar, it comes up with no results, so when I'm trying to look for a game that starts with Capcom (for example, Capcom vs SNK), I have to omit that word and continue with the rest of the game title to (hopefully) find it.[/QUOTE]I think this is fixed now.

[quote name='Doomed']Is it even possible to get the following awards?

wombatstalk_2.jpg
wombatstalk_3.jpg
test.jpg

Not even Wombat is enough of a Wombat stalker to have the first two. Not even John is enough of a "test" to get the test award. I've befriended Wombat and PMed him, plus commented on his blog. How can I stalk him any further?[/QUOTE]Where are those awards from?

[quote name='SearingLight']After clickin' down a couple of prices after the Price Tracker feature was initially announced, I came back today to discover - to my vast surprise - that some games had plummeted in value without an e-mail in sight.

I've been checking my Spam, perhaps not hard enough (as it is a gmail account), yet, is there any reason I wouldn't be getting updates for games that have already surpassed my cheap-ass limit?[/QUOTE]
Do those games show up on your price alert management page? We'll get to the bottom of that.

[quote name='CheapyD']Do those games show up on your price alert management page? We'll get to the bottom of that.[/QUOTE]

Well, they were. I removed them and then set back the ones that I remembered back to the prices I wanted. Yet, I may have just jacked up the investigation by doing so. Apologies :whistle2:#.

In any case, yes, they were on my Price Tracker Management page beforehand. And I had/have not yet received a single e-mail about any game listed.

Do you know the specific games and prices you've set? Any specific info you have will help us work out the bugs. Thanks!

[quote name='CheapyD']Do you know the specific games and prices you've set? Any specific info you have will help us work out the bugs. Thanks![/QUOTE]

What's there now is:

Fallout 3 (360) @ $30 & Collector's Ed. @ $50
Dead Space (360) @ $25
Eternal Sonata (360) @ $25
Gears of War 2 (360) @ $30 & Limited Ed. @ $40
Left 4 Dead (360) @ $25
Mirror's Edge (360) @ $20
Star Ocean: The Last Hope @ $25
Street Fighter IV (360) @ $30

I believe that's a pretty good approximation of the old list as well. If not one or two more/less.

I 've been adding my collection to the site and attempted to submit a couple of games to the database. I keep on getting an internet explorer error saying it can't open the site and that the operation is aborted.

Games I'm trying to submit:

Philosoma - PS1
PGA Tour 96 - PS1
Twisted Metal - PS1

[quote name='CheapyD']
Where are those awards from?[/QUOTE]
When awards were first created, I right clicked on one of them and saw that all CAG awards are stored at
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/images/misc/awards/
Along with all of the awards that I've seen people get, such as
twitter.jpg

twitter.jpg
or
groupie.jpg

groupie.jpg

there are three awards that I don't think anyone has. I'm guessing this is because they were created, but never programmed into the awards system.

test.jpg

test.jpg, probably an award created to test the system. Maybe given to John, then removed?
wombatstalk_2.jpg

wombatstalk_2.jpg. Maybe I'm not a good enough stalker, but I'm mutual friends with him, I've commented on his blog, and PMed him. I was wondering what more I could do?
wombatstalk_3.jpg

wombatstalk_3.jpg. See wombatstalk_2.

[quote name='ditogi']Under my awards tab I have two Searcher awards. I am guessing we are only supposed to get each award only once... ;)[/QUOTE]
I'd be up there with you, except for some reason the system REFUSES to give me the Box Art Uploader cheesemint no matter how many I upload (and have approved.)

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']I'd be up there with you, except for some reason the system REFUSES to give me the Box Art Uploader cheesemint no matter how many I upload (and have approved.)[/QUOTE]

Fixed, although you'll only get your award the next time you upload box art that gets approved.

[quote name='Doomed']
wombatstalk_3.jpg

wombatstalk_3.jpg. See wombatstalk_2.[/QUOTE]

Yep, it's possible to get the Love Knife award.

[quote name='John']Yep, it's possible to get the Love Knife award.[/QUOTE]
What about the other stalker one? I'm guessing test.jpg is just that-- a test?

[quote name='Doomed']What about the other stalker one? I'm guessing test.jpg is just that-- a test?[/QUOTE]

The test image was just a placeholder - as for the second stalker award, it's not enabled yet. (It'll be retroactive though.)

I don't know if it has been suggested or not but it would be awesome if the CAG tracker tracked Steam and other digital download services.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']:D

I'm comin' for you, Phrost![/QUOTE]

:lol:

Damn.. WSB beat me.. how do I get the love knife stalker award?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='PhrostByte']:lol:

Damn.. WSB beat me.. how do I get the love knife stalker award?[/QUOTE]
By way of a very uncomfortable tattoo. Let's just put it this way...when 'relaxed' mine reads "wmt"

;)
[quote name='Moxio']Didn't we have that before, WSB? I think we used to when CAG 2.0 was first launched but then it disappeared.[/QUOTE]
That was for XBL achievements, IIRC. I'm talking about CAG awards.

[quote name='powersurge']I don't know if it has been suggested or not but it would be awesome if the CAG tracker tracked Steam and other digital download services.[/QUOTE]
Working on it...if someone from Steam would reply to my emails, that would move things along.

I've read the other couple threads on Social Groups, so I know everything is moving along
but was wanting to ask if there is any way have:

a "Complete Delete" Option available to author of a post,
in addition to the current only options of "Soft-Delete - w/ space holder" ?

It would make it alot easier to maintain the group, removing useless posts after they've served a purpose...
As Always.. Keep up the Great Job!

I'm probably just adding to the problem since I accepted an invite to someone's gameshare group a while ago but the social groups are just a clusterfuck of PSN gameshare groups now. Maybe we can separate all of that into a different, blockable, category or maybe have a filter option? Kind of an eyesore to go to social groups and see pages of gameshare this, gameshare that.

Cheapy have you considered hiring another programmer to help out John. I'm sure John has everything figured out now, but in the future as suggestions become even more frequent, John may burst into flames from the work.

[quote name='cfootball1']Cheapy have considered hiring another programmer to help out John. I'm sure John has everything figured out now, but in the future as suggestions become even more frequent, John may burst into flames from the work.[/QUOTE]

Once the trading system is up and running I'll be focusing on these suggestions exclusively - even if no-one responds to a suggestion in this thread, they're all being noted. You'll see a lot more progress on them throughout June.

[quote name='Romis']I've read the other couple threads on Social Groups, so I know everything is moving along
but was wanting to ask if there is any way have:

a "Complete Delete" Option available to author of a post,
in addition to the current only options of "Soft-Delete - w/ space holder" ?

It would make it alot easier to maintain the group, removing useless posts after they've served a purpose...
As Always.. Keep up the Great Job![/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure those "soft-deleted" posts are only seen by the author of the post (and the group owner). Could be wrong though.

[quote name='CheapyD']I'm pretty sure those "soft-deleted" posts are only seen by the author of the post (and the group owner). Could be wrong though.[/QUOTE]

oh.. wow, guess I learned something new
will investigate this in more detail
thanks for the quick response :cool:

[quote name='John']Once the trading system is up and running I'll be focusing on these suggestions exclusively - even if no-one responds to a suggestion in this thread, they're all being noted. You'll see a lot more progress on them throughout June.[/QUOTE]

Good work so far. Thanks. I was hopping for an Excel file for the Want List like the Collection section has. After the trading is up hopefully that is on the list too.

What link did you click on that asked you for a beta code? There should be nothing available currently that requires a beta code for access.

I'm not a beta member, but I'm wondering how trading will work, and when it is to become active on the site? I added most of my collection for this gen and I'm wondering when the trading feature will go live.

Edit: also for the trading system, I noticed I have to click on each and every game in my collection and then go to check the allow to be traded checkbox. I think it would be better to have a little icon just like playing now and beaten, and just have it set default options for trading.

Edit2: Last suggestion. I have games that are combo discs such as Marvel Ultimate alliance/forza 2 and others for original xbox. Is there anway to add those into the database?

The trading system will be up in a day or two. It will probably be open to beta testers only for 1 or 2 days and the be open to the public. That's the plan!

[quote name='orbit18']
Edit2: Last suggestion. I have games that are combo discs such as Marvel Ultimate alliance/forza 2 and others for original xbox. Is there anway to add those into the database?[/QUOTE]

Couldn't you just submit it as a new game, if the combo version doesn't exist? They have unique UPCs anyways, don't they?

There is now a trading icon located next to the playing/beaten icons on your collection list. This allows for easy setting trading options for each of your games.

@John, why is there such a lack of Vbulliten mods on the forums. There are allot of en genius mods (Some of which I created) for VB. Like of course the arcade mods and Competition mods. Was the custom blog script made after the VB commercial release? Just Currious

[quote name='cfootball1']@John, why is there such a lack of Vbulliten mods on the forums. There are allot of en genius mods (Some of which I created) for VB. Like of course the arcade mods and Competition mods. Was the custom blog script made after the VB commercial release? Just Currious[/QUOTE]I'll answer for John because he is busy.
A lot of mods are not programmed with large forums in mind and just aren't efficient or secure enough to run here. I've tried a bunch of them and many caused problems.

The CAG Blogs are based off the vB Blog system (with custom changes), so yes, made after the vB commercial blog release.

bread's done
Back