CAG Beta/Feature Updates: Price Tracker, Collections, Boxart Upload, Reviews Live!

[quote name='Blackout']When you rate a game in the collection screen, does that rating transfer over to the game's main page?[/QUOTE]

Apparently it does, there's just no visual indicator that you voted. Any chance that the rating on the game page could reflect what you've already voted?

CheapyD says that the ability to add games to the wiki is coming... even for us non-beta types... I hope it comes soon.. I have about 200 game to add to my collection listing, and I already know that a large percentage of them are not in the wiki database.

John: keep up the excellent work. I'm really into what has been accomplished so far.

Request: More options for release dates based on region for game wiki entries. As we all know, the JP, EU, AU, and US release dates are different from each other.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Issue13']CheapyD says that the ability to add games to the wiki is coming... even for us non-beta types... I hope it comes soon.. I have about 200 game to add to my collection listing, and I already know that a large percentage of them are not in the wiki database.
[/quote]

I'm wondering how much of that will be fixed when the full games database is enabled. Just in my Dreamcast games I had a large stack of games that weren't found, and there seem to be several Final Fantasy games not found and those are pretty major. I wouldn't assume the end product would be missing things like that.

John: Haven't heard much on it lately. How are things going? Things are looking great in the meantime.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']John: Haven't heard much on it lately. How are things going? Things are looking great in the meantime.[/quote]

There are two milestones coming up - the first is a big feature update (numerous improvements and requests from this thread), and the second is all the trading functionality. The first will be available to everyone, but the trading areas will be beta only for a couple of weeks.

[quote name='John']There are two milestones coming up - the first is a big feature update (numerous improvements and requests from this thread), and the second is all the trading functionality. The first will be available to everyone, but the trading areas will be beta only for a couple of weeks.[/QUOTE]
Thanks John, Great Work and Progress so far! As for requests all the ones i have , are already stated. So thanks to the beta testers for keeping John Busy =P

[quote name='John']There are two milestones coming up - the first is a big feature update (numerous improvements and requests from this thread), and the second is all the trading functionality. The first will be available to everyone, but the trading areas will be beta only for a couple of weeks.[/quote]

:pray:Pleaseincludemine,pleaseincludemine,pleaseincludemine :lol:

Thanks for all your hard work John.

I think some improvements need to be made to the Games section of the site.

#1 - Spelling similiarity issues. Soulcalibur IV exists for PS3 and Xbox 360 while Soul Calibur IV only exists for Xbox 360 as separate entities.

#2 - Some games should not having listings on the site, no matter how much of a jackass someone wants to be when it comes to listing them. This one comes to mind:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/games.php?do=gameinfo&gameid=509

Maybe you can delete these listings from a general user position, but I can't figure out how.

I have a few questions:
Are we going to be able to add NES , SNES and so on games?
Is there going to be a place to submit box art or games not listed?

Edit: I just read every post. Should have done that before posting.
I'm maybe 1/6th the way through adding my games and so far I'm missing quite a few GBA games.
My only request which I've seen mentioned a few times would be LE/CE versions of games.
:) I'm lovin' everything though.

When editing options for individual games. Such as if the game has a case and manual and adding notes for the game, is it supposed to show in the previous page where the games are listed in your collection in a list, right next to the title of the game? I am unable to get any of the info I select to save.

[quote name='KingBroly']I think some improvements need to be made to the Games section of the site.

#1 - Spelling similiarity issues. Soulcalibur IV exists for PS3 and Xbox 360 while Soul Calibur IV only exists for Xbox 360 as separate entities.

#2 - Some games should not having listings on the site, no matter how much of a jackass someone wants to be when it comes to listing them. This one comes to mind:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/games.php?do=gameinfo&gameid=509

Maybe you can delete these listings from a general user position, but I can't figure out how.[/QUOTE]

The fact that Oblivion is under "The Elder Scrolls" and the expansions are under "Elder Scrolls" has been driving me nuts.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Can't you change the names of any game in the database, or at least submit the change to whoever is in charge of moderating those changes?[/quote]

I think you can, but you still can't edit the game's platform, or outright delete it (At least I can't since I'm not beta material) in the case of A LOT of GBA games which are listed for both DS and GBA.

Don't know if its been mentioned or not, but I think we should have the option to have our collections display by Platform instead of alphabetically by default, not just after you view it and click the Browse by platform button or whatever it is.

Just a thought, keep up the good work John!

[quote name='MillerTime2523']Don't know if its been mentioned or not, but I think we should have the option to have our collections display by Platform instead of alphabetically by default, not just after you view it and click the Browse by platform button or whatever it is.

Just a thought, keep up the good work John![/QUOTE]
My main issue is that even after you sort by platform they aren't in alpha order. :cry:

Just some random errors:

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time lacks its subtitle (N64 version), Final Fantasy IX, Resident Evil 1, 2 (PS1) and Resident Evil 4 (GC) are missing. Are you guys going to constantly update game entries, or will there be cumulative updates?

Is there going to be some uniformity enforced for games that begin with "The"?

For instance The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons sorts alphabetically by L, which I find appropriate, where as The Last Remnant sorts Alphabetically by The which I find wrong and annoying.

There are quite a few GBA games listed as GB, or DS. I commented on the first two I came across before I realized this was a widespread problem. How do you want users to approach this kind of problem since the platform can't be edited? Leave a comment? Click on the report game button?

Yes, please use the report game button (available after you try to edit the game info) to let us no about these errors. Thanks!

Is there any chance of being able to attach threads to games so that people wanting to see discussion or post their thoughts on the game can see if there's an official thread or any other threads that are talking about the game? It could probably just be made a field in the game's profile that people can edit and add significant threads that relate to the game or maybe something that could be done when creating a thread like adding tags.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Is there any chance of being able to attach threads to games so that people wanting to see discussion or post their thoughts on the game can see if there's an official thread or any other threads that are talking about the game? It could probably just be made a field in the game's profile that people can edit and add significant threads that relate to the game or maybe something that could be done when creating a thread like adding tags.[/quote]

Absolutely! Definitely will be adding this is some form.

I spotted an error on the price tracking. Someone has Final Fantasy 13 (PS3 version) confused with Final Fantasy 12. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to pre-order FF13 for $20, but I'd be disappointed when FF12 showed up at my door.

[quote name='KingBroly']I spotted an error on the price tracking. Someone has Final Fantasy 13 (PS3 version) confused with Final Fantasy 12. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to pre-order FF13 for $20, but I'd be disappointed when FF12 showed up at my door.[/quote]

Weird, I don't see it. Can you post a link please?

I have setup in my Wish List, and the link it gives is this:
http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-1312731-10440897?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.newegg.com%2FProduct%2FProduct.aspx%3FItem%3DN82E16879262006%26nm_mc%3DAFC-C8Junction%26cm_mmc%3DAFC-C8Junction-_-PS2%2BVideo%2BGames-_-SQUARE%2BENIX%2BUSA-_-79262006

here's a print screen look at it:
12.jpg

Here's a link to (hopefully) my wish list if that helps:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/games.php?do=wishlist&u=88826

[quote name='CheapyD']Yes, please use the report game button (available after you try to edit the game info) to let us no about these errors. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Will do, thanks Cheapy!

I'm not sure if this has been touched on before but it would be nice to be able to filter games by platform in the games collection. I know you can already sort by platform but it would be a lot nice to just be able to look at games for one system.

Or at least apply a double sort so you can sort by platform and then name.

I did not read every post in this form so I don't know if these suggestions have already been made. But here are a couple I thought would be cool.

In the My Collections database I would like a few options.

Within a games entry have the ability to add "game traded for" so if you didn't pay real money for a game but traded something for it, you could fill that in and look back to see what you traded for it.

Within that same catagory you coil include a "how many Goozex points did you pay for this game". Which again would give an idea of what you "paid" for it down the road.

With people have a huge backload of games I would like to add some sort of number system to per game of what i'd like to play next. Not sure I've explained it well, but just a thought.

Last idea would be in the "when did you buy this game", add a button that would automatically fill in the release date of the game so for older games you bough on the day they came out you wouldn't have to go look it up. This info could be pulled from
the general game database perhaps?

Those are my ideas for now. Looking forward to all the other features as they come out of beta.

-100b

You can already do everything but the sorting thing. Just write down the goozex stuff in the game's notes and set the date of when you got it when you edit its options, which is that pen/pencil icon on the collection listing.

Again, I'm not sure if this has been posted yet either but trying to submit a date released under the submit a game can be a pain. It appears you HAVE to use the calendar button (which is ok) but you can only jump back by months. Submitting a game released in 1997 requires a lot of clicking.

I haven't searched to see if this has been mentioned, but the price tracker e-mail alerts, don't really work for things that cost more than $60.

[quote name='thegame1921']Again, I'm not sure if this has been posted yet either but trying to submit a date released under the submit a game can be a pain. It appears you HAVE to use the calendar button (which is ok) but you can only jump back by months. Submitting a game released in 1997 requires a lot of clicking.[/quote]

Uh.. I had no trouble just typing my dates in. Unfortunately, when I click on the game info.. the dates don't show up. :\

[quote name='PhrostByte']Uh.. I had no trouble just typing my dates in. Unfortunately, when I click on the game info.. the dates don't show up. :\[/quote]

What browser are you using? Everytime I click on the textfield the calendar box pops up.

Another idea i have that may or may not have been considered already but if not, i think it would be pretty cool if there was a list along with the "My Collections", "My Wish list" and "My Trade List"; add a "My Played List" This would be a list of games you've played in the past but have since gotten rid of for whatever reason. there could be an option of "Beaten", "would like to come back too" and "had enough".

I know i would like to come back to games i may have sold or traded away and it would be cool to have a separate list of them for easy reference.

-100b

Was wondering, ls there any possible way that a 'PSN Game Shariing' rating could be added as a option possible as part of the part of the 'itrader' section? or at least include it as a "transaction" type (define how we could include) ?

It would seem like a very useful tool, since alot of PS3 owners who frequent this site participate in this function of ps3 ownership. It would be a way to establish a person's history in doing sharing. Just a thought

Here's a question. Is there going to be a separate page just where you can view all your price alerts for games so you can toggle the prices on a single page or possibly remove the alert if you forget about it?

I was wondering, and it may be very useful, if more icons can be added to the listings of games in "my collection". We now have an icon for games we have "beaten" but maybe an icon that shows if the game has the case/manual/strategy guide/or if it's complete. Maybe also it can show the beginning of the first sentence from the "notes" section, next to the name of the game. If you are planning on this, good job. If not please think about it. Thanks for all your work.

I'm curious how many people are actually moderating the submissions. Because as I have been entering my games, I've submitted a lot of stuff, and as far as I can tell in a week or so, very little to none of it has been approved it seems.

The database very badly needs other systems added.

Gameboy color =/= gameboy

The longer the database goes without proper systems tied to the right games, the more going back and fixing the incorrect ones is going to be needed. Even if there is no icon yet, Most other systems being added to the pull down seems an easy quick fix.

MMORPG needs to be added to Genre. --Update-- Just went to add more games, and saw MMORPG is added as a genre now, so forget this part.

Anyway, couple of things that were on my mind. The databases ease of use already surpasses IGNs to me.

bread's done
Back