CAG Beta/Feature Updates: Price Tracker, Collections, Boxart Upload, Reviews Live!

Ya, I've done that a lot too, but does putting them into the space below the pull down, mean that any marked MMORPG before it was in the drop down get updated to that? Or is that more back and fix stuff the mods for the database have to do? i know this isn't that big of a deal, since there is the space provided for updates. I just posted about that specifically since it was a very big genre that seemed to be missing.

My biggest concern about all of this, is how much stuff is going to have to be man-houred to fix after the fact? There is no option for Genesis, Game Gear, Gameboy Color, Master System, etc etc, and having to do a "report this game to the mod staff" every time that has to be fixed seems like an awful bottleneck of time.

[quote name='q 3']I can't set a $20 email alert for Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon, because GameStop supposedly has it for $19.99. But that's the price for the strategy guide, GS actually has the game listed at $35.[/QUOTE]

A related issue: the alert doesn't count the Amazon Gold Box price. Not sure if that counts as a bug, though, since Amazon doesn't even list the Gold Box price.

Sorry if this was posted before. I'm not able to sort the price tracker by wishlist. I believe I was able to do this before. Now it only shows a blank screen when I try it. However, just bringing up my wishlist has the same result so it isn't a big deal.

On a different note. One game "The World Ends with you" has the wrong price on it. Price tracker shows $22 dollars but it is currently selling at $19

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Why isn't Steam in the PC price tracking? Thanks.[/quote] I've emailed them several times about offering us a datafeed. They have not responded.

[quote name='q 3']A related issue: the alert doesn't count the Amazon Gold Box price. Not sure if that counts as a bug, though, since Amazon doesn't even list the Gold Box price.[/quote] We only scan Amazon once a day (I think). If the Gold Box price starts and ends between scans, we won't have it. In fact, I'm not even sure the Gold Box price ever winds up in Amazon's data feed.
[quote name='Baron O Hell']Sorry if this was posted before. I'm not able to sort the price tracker by wishlist. I believe I was able to do this before. Now it only shows a blank screen when I try it. However, just bringing up my wishlist has the same result so it isn't a big deal.

On a different note. One game "The World Ends with you" has the wrong price on it. Price tracker shows $22 dollars but it is currently selling at $19[/quote]
We will look into the wishlist thing.

The reason the PT isn't showing the $19 price from Amazon is because its a 3rd party retailer selling through Amazon with that price.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a fancy big ol' search bar, but what's the point if you can't search for threads?

-----

And what's the point of telling me to email you if you don't respond, Cheapy? I'm putting this here in hopes you'll see it.

[quote name='Liquid 2']That's a fancy big ol' search bar, but what's the point if you can't search for threads?

-----

And what's the point of telling me to email you if you don't respond, Cheapy? I'm putting this here in hopes you'll see it.[/quote]

Thread searching will be enabled within a day or two.

[quote name='John']Thread searching will be enabled within a day or two.[/QUOTE]Cool, thanks.

[quote name='willardhaven']Where's the gear/cog that links to the CP?[/QUOTE]

Drop down menu under your name.

[quote name='CheapyD']I've emailed them several times about offering us a datafeed. They have not responded.[/QUOTE]

That's a bummer, thanks for trying cheapy.

It's going to take me forever to relearn clicking the fotums thing under CHEAP ASS GAMER from now on :cry:

And broken the top of the site.
2ur2n20.png

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']
It's going to take me forever to relearn clicking the fotums thing under CHEAP ASS GAMER from now on :cry:[/quote]
This...
I just got home and loaded up cag and moved my mouse where the old "Forums" was and was like "WTF." :lol:

[quote name='adriley313']When i go to my profile the trader icon says 0 even though i have 9 trades.
is something wrong?[/quote]
They haven't merged the old iTrader into the new Trader profile yet.

Is there any chance of more stats being added for the collection list? I was thinking of more stuff about the prices you pay since I'd be interested to see what I pay on average for each platform and on XBLA or PSN, as well. Maybe even a way to see how much I tend to pay for games at different periods after they come out (cost versus time after the game came out) and any other interesting stats that could be pulled from the info you can submit for each game.

How about being able to mark games down that you've beaten and gotten rid of since then to make some sort of list or just a tally of the games you've beaten that would be useful for threads like the Completed Games thread in the sticky forum.

Since you can mark games down as being from pretty much any region out there, shouldn't the duplicate games made for the import version of the normal versions of games in the database be deleted?

[quote name='adriley313']When will the Beta be over and we all have access to everything?[/quote] Currently, everyone has access to everything that is currently on the site. Soon, the trading system will go live for beta members and hopefully open up to everyone shortly after that.

I have to say, I was just wishing for something on Amazon that emails me when a game drops to a certain price. This is even better. I do have a suggestion though. The exporting is functional, but not that great. It would be cool if you could lock the header line, and maybe autosize the columns. I don't think you guys are using Java on the backend, but if you were, there is something called POI that makes exporting things look awesome. I know nobody probably cares about exporting, but I thought I would throw it out there. Keep up the excellent work.

I've been trying out the price alerts for a couple of games. After using it for a little while, I have a couple of feature requests.

Would it be possible to exclude certain retailers from triggering the price alert? I had an alert set for Left 4 Dead, which was triggered when Play-Asia's price dropped. I'd prefer not to have Play-Asia's pricing trigger the alert for me because I prefer the US version of the game.

Is there a way to view all of the current price alerts that you currently have set? As of right now, I don't remember all of the alerts I've set. It would be nice to be able to see a list of all the alerts you currently have set and the price points you have them set to. A way to disable the alert from the list page would also be useful instead of having to navigate to each game's page.

I used the price tracker, but it's kind of... slow. I set Resistance Retribution to $30 a week or so ago, then found the BB Sunday ad where it was on sale, then bought it for 29.99. Then, Wednesday, I get the price alert. Why not Sunday?

[quote name='willardhaven']How do I remove my recommended price for a game? I moved it to $0 and it still counts my vote.[/quote]

That needs to be fixed.

[quote name='hector031']I've been trying out the price alerts for a couple of games. After using it for a little while, I have a couple of feature requests.

Would it be possible to exclude certain retailers from triggering the price alert? I had an alert set for Left 4 Dead, which was triggered when Play-Asia's price dropped. I'd prefer not to have Play-Asia's pricing trigger the alert for me because I prefer the US version of the game.

Is there a way to view all of the current price alerts that you currently have set? As of right now, I don't remember all of the alerts I've set. It would be nice to be able to see a list of all the alerts you currently have set and the price points you have them set to. A way to disable the alert from the list page would also be useful instead of having to navigate to each game's page.[/quote]Play-Asia does sell US versions of the games as well. I believe we only list prices of games that are region free. It's possible that we could set up an "ignore retailer" feature in the future.

[quote name='pete5883']I used the price tracker, but it's kind of... slow. I set Resistance Retribution to $30 a week or so ago, then found the BB Sunday ad where it was on sale, then bought it for 29.99. Then, Wednesday, I get the price alert. Why not Sunday?[/quote]It must be related to BB's datafeed being slow to update. We'll look into it. Thanks for the heads up.

One thing that is pretty annoying is when a game in your collection is removed from the DB you have no idea what game was removed.

When I look at my collection I have 3 blank items, which I've found to mean the game was removed (probably duplicates) but I have no idea what games they are so that I can update my collection with the correct ones. I've got over 200 hundred games in my collection at this point and it's going to be a real pain figuring out which ones are now missing...

Great.

I added it.

I have entered the UPC and EU code as well, does it automatically pick up the prices from websites or does something else need to be done to enable that?

For my suggestion segment:

With many PC games now going digital only, what about adding additional spots on the info page for the game's Steam or Impulse page so the tracker can pull prices from them so we can track future games that may not have UPC codes since there will be no box?

LOL I found a funny bug. I went to my wish list. Before, it had Silent Hill Homecoming for XBox. Now, it has Marvel vs. Capcom 2 also. I wanted to delete Silent Hill 5 since I already got it during the $10 Best Buy sale. So, I clicked the delete button and confirmed my choice. Then, when I click in the search games bar, it appeared back in my wish list! Haha.

Looks like.. despite the bug, the game was removed from my wishlist. :]

Another bug: the options available when adding a game and when editing a game are different. When adding, I could choose Capcom Production Studios 3 and 4... but not when editing. There's more publishers, genres, and developers when adding, but not when editing. When editing, you can choose limited edition, price limits, and comments, but not when adding. Also, when adding.. if you put release dates into the fields, they won't show up when editing.

Will we be able to add older games (NES, SNES, Genesis, etc.) to the game collection database soon? As of right now I don't see those systems listed when I go to submit a game to the system.

[quote name='jling84']Will we be able to add older games (NES, SNES, Genesis, etc.) to the game collection database soon? As of right now I don't see those systems listed when I go to submit a game to the system.[/quote]

This is a big one for me, as well. I've got NES, SNES, Genesis, Gameboy Color (some listed as GBA, but we need to have GB ,GBC, and GBA), and NeoGeo Pocket Color games that I can't enter. If I can't get all my games in, what's the point of the collection? Even if we don't get icons for them, we should have older systems as options.

Yes, we will have all systems available soon. Thanks for your patience.
A page for managing your email alerts will be up in a day or two.

You can now manage your email alerts by selecting that option under Price Tracking, on the main nav bar.

I had a price alert set for Street Fighter IV for $50, but I never received an e-mail when it dropped to $39.99 the other day.

Metal Gear Solid 4 is listed as 27.99 but all the actual prices are above it. The email notification will not start because the price I am willing to pay is more than the fictitious listed price.

[quote name='gamerdude5']Can you add the ability to filter (and sort) your collection by console? This would be much appreciated. Thanks.[/quote]

I'll second this. Also just wanted to say I love the collections feature.

Also allow more titles to come up in the quick search, and when you add titles using the little icon when browsing, route people back to the selection page rather than to their collection. For example, if I want to find the PS1 Final Fantasy games I have to go through and search them out one at a time (since they don't come up in the quick search).

One other question on collections someone may be able to answer: Are there any plans to add games from older systems?

[quote name='bvharris']

One other question on collections someone may be able to answer: Are there any plans to add games from older systems?[/quote]

Cheapy says older systems are coming soon.

Is there any way you can add an Excel spreadsheet option on the Complete Wish List section. The collection option has this and I would love to have this file on the go on my Iphone or even a print out. Thanx

Are the changes to the Social Groups section just beginning? or complete,
I would like to make a suggestion to have the messages saved in reverse order meaning last post the first one you see when you enter the group (the way they were previously) At least at the moment the first post you see is the very first post made when you created the group..

Not knowing if the current status is a work in progress, just wanted to make a suggestion, but they are looking nice. thanks CheapyD

I would still like to see a button to move a game from wish list to collection.....keep up the work guys, loving the all the features

[quote name='John']The social group stuff is definitely a work in progress.[/QUOTE]

All good things come with time...lol ;)

CAG 2.0 is looking great, your doing a stellar job...

We plugged shipwreck's brain into the CAG database and added a lot of titles for older systems. Use the platform filtering tools at the bottom of the game browsing page (here) to browse by system.

All the games that were reported as being on the wrong platform has been corrected. A few people had added a duplicate version of games to their collection and those have been deleted. Those games were:

Final Fantasy V Advance
Mario Kart: Super Circuit
Metroid Prime First Hunt

If you notice a blank listing in your collection, you'll have to re-add them. Sorry for the inconvenience.

bread's done
Back