CAG ESPN NHL 2k5 (Xbox) online league - PLAY YOUR GAMES BY 10/14

OP doesn't have me down on Atlanta yet, once I'm in the OP I'll log into the league and register.

And dafoomie, I didn't look who had Boston, had I noticed it was you, I would've known it was a lost cause. Do my B's proud.

[quote name='Lorik']OP doesn't have me down on Atlanta yet, once I'm in the OP I'll log into the league and register.
[/quote]
Done.

[quote name='METH']BTW - do i have to do anything to finalize the team switch?[/quote]

Nope, go for it.

[quote name='sj41']I'll register now. And DO NOT say go for it Cheapy. :wink:[/quote]

Party pooper.
I'll update the OP to include lorik, meth, and sj41, as having logged in as I'm assuming you'll get it done pretty soon.'
I've also color coded the OP so its easy to see who is still holding out.

Alright. Registered.

And I'm sorry I'm a party pooper but it had to be said. Now to go poop on some other parties. :)

I see that the people who took Tampa Bay and Florida haven't signed in yet. If neither team gets taken soon, can I switch to either one (Tampa prefered)?

[quote name='dafoomie']Minnesota really isn't that bad, they have Marian Gaborik. Don't hesitate to take them if you want to play some hockey.[/quote]

I already have Anahiem, picked them late since they were the only team left that I liked. My fav. team is New Jersey but they went quick and since I live in Florida, I figure if the other two owners aren't gonna get in any time, I may as well go with the home state teams.

Well both Florida teams haven't been signed into yet so I'd take Tampa Bay over Florida since they were the Florida team I'd root for during their games last year. I have nothing against Anaheim, just rather have a home state team since my personal preference is already taken. Just gotta see how long Cheapy will wait before he opens any of the held spots that don't get signed into.

I'd say you'd have a good chance at one of them if nothing happens soon. The NHL has a lockout already, we don't need one for much longer ourselves.

Yeah, I want to get the schedule created by this weekend...so if people don't sign in soon, ill just make those teams open.

Working on getting my XBL running again. In a dorm room now, and the Internet isn't liking my router. I'll get it going later tonight.

PS- If Calgary isn't claimed soon I'm gonna scoop it up.

[quote name='Calico']I'll play as Minnesota, if you need someone to get the schedule generated. gamertag is Calico210, same AIM[/quote]

You're in.
Please login to the league following the instructions in the OP.

So, when do we give up on the other people joining?
I'd rather have 20 guys who are serious than 30 with 10 teams that don't play their games.

[quote name='WildWop']20 guys who are serious, definitely. The games will happen much quicker that way.[/quote]20 actual players would be much better. The NFL league fell apart since no one in the league was playing. You might want to go even less than 20 if some guys don't get to there games on time after the season starts. :)

anyone have a 2 month trial card? i went to register today and i cant find mine... if i cant get one i guess i will have to shell out some cash and get a subscription.

[quote name='sj41'][quote name='WildWop']20 guys who are serious, definitely. The games will happen much quicker that way.[/quote]20 actual players would be much better. The NFL league fell apart since no one in the league was playing. You might want to go even less than 20 if some guys don't get to there games on time after the season starts. :)[/quote]

i agree. we've been waiting on this league for a few weeks now, and everyone has had enough time to get it together. i really want this to happen, so maybe it's best if we just go with what we've got.

Sorry I haven't logged in yet, my dorm seems ot hate XBL. I'm calling the tech support people once they open today, and if I can't get it running I will post and let you all know so you can find a replacement.

PS- I'm ripshit about this, I've tried directly hooking my ethernet to my xbox and a router. Nothing is working. Hopefully I'll get this figured out soon so we can play some hockey.

[quote name='Lorik']Sorry I haven't logged in yet, my dorm seems ot hate XBL. I'm calling the tech support people once they open today, and if I can't get it running I will post and let you all know so you can find a replacement.

PS- I'm ripshit about this, I've tried directly hooking my ethernet to my xbox and a router. Nothing is working. Hopefully I'll get this figured out soon so we can play some hockey.[/quote]

Try bypassing the router and go direct to the modem.

[quote name='CheapyD'][quote name='Lorik']Sorry I haven't logged in yet, my dorm seems ot hate XBL. I'm calling the tech support people once they open today, and if I can't get it running I will post and let you all know so you can find a replacement.

PS- I'm ripshit about this, I've tried directly hooking my ethernet to my xbox and a router. Nothing is working. Hopefully I'll get this figured out soon so we can play some hockey.[/quote]

Try bypassing the router and go direct to the modem.[/quote]

Yeah, call your router maker. XBL is finicky with some types of routers, and the XBL people will direct you to the router mfg for help.

[quote name='doubledown']Any openings yet for people who have not signed up?[/quote]

Let's say that if people haven't logged in by Friday at noon EST, the remaning teams will be available on a first come, first login basis.
I will then start the league and generate the schedule at some point on Friday night.

Does that sound ok?

Alright, tried calling my school tech support, and my router manufacturer. What it comes down to is the network on campus will not allow it. You have to register your PC on the network in order for you to get internet access. Therefore if I plug my ethernet cable into the XBOX, it won't get access. The tech people told me they don't allow online consoles in order to "keep the network from being clogged up". Basically the don't give a fuck. Sorry to keep everyone waiting.

To sum it up- Can't get XBL in my dorm room, and therefore cannot play in league. Atlanta is available again.

well I couldn't get on Live yesterday to play for some reason!!!!
All I could get was sign-in failed and "your Xbox cannot sign into Live at this time try again later" what the hell is that about??
It finally worked at about 11:00 P.M. but that wasn't any good and I couldn't get into this site either, anyway I will play tonight if anybody wants a game.

Alright, tried calling my school tech support, and my router manufacturer. What it comes down to is the network on campus will not allow it. You have to register your PC on the network in order for you to get internet access. Therefore if I plug my ethernet cable into the XBOX, it won't get access. The tech people told me they don't allow online consoles in order to "keep the network from being clogged up". Basically the don't give a shaq-fu. Sorry to keep everyone waiting.
Have you tried changing your Xbox's MAC address to be the same as either your computer or router? Just don't have them both plugged in at the same time.

Then try changing your Xbox's MAC address to match your PC"s MAC address exactly.

Oh, you weren't the one with the problem at school. That guy should try this. You probably shouldn't.

Dafoomie, you were right. I got it up and running, thanks a ton man, signing in now. Claiming Atlanta, gonna change that to Calgary on Friday if it isn't claimed.

[quote name='gomer1andonly']I'm just waiting till noon to switch to Tampa Bay since they never got taken.[/quote]

I figured since it's past noon you wouldn't mind.

Damn it GojTron, I called Lightning freakin days ago if the original owner didn't take it. Thanks for being an ass about it just cause it was 2 minutes past noon.

Alright it's past noon so I switched from Atlanta to Calgary. Finally all the confusion I caused is over. Let's play some hockey.

[quote name='gomer1andonly']Damn it GojTron, I called Lightning freakin days ago if the original owner didn't take it. Thanks for being an ass about it just cause it was 2 minutes past noon.[/quote]

And the rivalries begin!!!!!
:twisted:

bread's done
Back