CAG ESPN NHL 2k5 (Xbox) online league - PLAY YOUR GAMES BY 10/14

Hey I'm about to head to class, but around 3:00-3:15 EST I will be coming back. ANyone gonna be up for a game or two around that time? I'll check when I get back, leave an AIM name or gamertag!

[quote name='Lorik']Hey I'm about to head to class, but around 3:00-3:15 EST I will be coming back. ANyone gonna be up for a game or two around that time? I'll check when I get back, leave an AIM name or gamertag![/quote]

today's my day off so i have to mow the lawn, but i should be done around then. AIM is "nonewwavenofun" and gamer tag is "thatstoobad". send me a message if and when you want to play.

[quote name='gomer1andonly']Took the Blues since someone had to take the Lightning. Sorry rvdrock.[/quote]

So you took MY BLUES, cuz he took your LIGHTNING, yeah that makes it right :evil:

I forogt to generate the schedule last night, but I see we've had some more logins.
We now have 28 of 30 teams acccounted for.
Anyone else before I generate the schedule?
Just login and take either Pittsburgh or Atlanta if you are serious about joining the league. I'll definitely be creating the schedule today though, so hurry!

anyone thought about maybe integrating a rule for using backup goalies? maybe a rule that every team must play their backups in at least a few games in the season to add some realism to the league...?

[quote name='David1016']Can I have the Atlanta Thrashers?

My gamertag is: DavidM[/quote]Yup. You can have whatever team that isn't already taken. Just login to the league. :)

[quote name='dafoomie']If anyone wants in, take Pittsburgh before he starts the league... Hey, you'd have Mario Lemieux.[/quote]

Yeah, Pittsburgh is the only team left.
Someone take them for crying out loud.
Its only a 36 game season...

See the original post in this topic to register.

so how does it work for completing games? whats the time constraints for completing a game and can we play ahead of schedule?

[quote name='bkrobson']so how does it work for completing games? whats the time constraints for completing a game and can we play ahead of schedule?[/quote]

You have a week to play your game.
I dont know if you can play ahead.

i was actually just checking out your team. im willing to trade morrison...or anyone sans bertuzzi and naslund for that matter.

I wouldn't trade Thornton, Samsonov, Boynton, Gonchar, Bergeon, Axelsson, Lapointe, Raycroft. Doesn't have to be a big trade, could be for an average player.

I think I'm interested in Jason King.. Is there anyone you'd want from my team?

How do you start a game? I'm new to this whole league thing.

(I'm facing "CheapyD" - I think - if that helps anything).

[quote name='David1016']How do you start a game? I'm new to this whole league thing.

(I'm facing "CheapyD" - I think - if that helps anything).[/quote]

I think you just go into the League and select Lobby.
There you will see your matchup and you can select it and select "Ready"

Obviously, you need to pick a day and time to play against our opponnent, which in this case, is me. I'll PM you.

[quote name='CheapyD'][quote name='David1016']How do you start a game? I'm new to this whole league thing.

(I'm facing "CheapyD" - I think - if that helps anything).[/quote]

I think you just go into the League and select Lobby.
There you will see your matchup and you can select it and select "Ready"

Obviously, you need to pick a day and time to play against our opponnent, which in this case, is me. I'll PM you.[/quote]

Yeah thats how the set up went for my game. Good luck in your games guys.

send hima message my man. thats what i did and happened to play last night. i hope its not like football and if it is, ill state again: I WILL MAKE IT A POINT TO PLAY GAMES, so if the pool shrinks, i better fit in... :wink:

[quote name='manofpeace20']I can't find my opponent to play a game. Looks to me like a repeat of NFL 2K5.[/quote]

PM him...his cag username is Loserboy

if you guys start a new one someone please pm me i try to hop on cheapass as much as possible. I play NHL 2k5 religiously from 10 pm to 3 am everynight so someone please let me know i want to play. My team is detroit, i've liked them for 10 years and i'm sticking with em! :p

Alright, I got everything worked out with Loserboy. I guess the power of a PM does work. I was using the Sega messenging system intially (that is in NHL 2K5), but after some use of it I'm not sure if it is reliable.

[quote name='CheapyD']Those who tell me they have made the effort will get credited with the win.[/quote]

i like this rule, making it old school with the honor system-

just so everyone knows, i'm looking to make a small trade. i'm looking to move igor ulanov, george laroque, and maybe a third person depending on the offer. i know it's nothing high profile or anything, but if anyone is interested let me know.

[quote name='thatstoobad']just so everyone knows, i'm looking to make a small trade. i'm looking to move igor ulanov, george laroque, and maybe a third person depending on the offer. i know it's nothing high profile or anything, but if anyone is interested let me know.[/quote]

i'll take larque(the spot) off your hands. what are you looking for?

Me and My opponent are scheduled to play our game on Friday or Saturday. The 7 a round is not hard and fast on the servers, it is admin controlled. That is how it runs on my NFL 2k5 league.

I'd offer up a trade, but I don't know a thing about hockey. I just know the big name players. Feel free to offer up something here so I can see what other more hockey-minded CAGs think. I have Phoenix.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']I'd offer up a trade, but I don't know a thing about hockey. I just know the big name players. Feel free to offer up something here so I can see what other more hockey-minded CAGs think. I have Phoenix.[/quote]

i'd give you ulanov and laraque for cale hulse and fredrik sjostrom.

for eddiebelfour, i'll give you ulanov and laraque for marek malik and jarkko ruutu.

[quote name='WildWop']When do we need to complete our game by?[/quote]
October 4th.
I will add this to the topic title and/or OP.

bread's done
Back