CAG Fighter Fighting Game Matchmaking - SSFIV AE Games with Gold in June, Skullgirls Encore (free update) Out Now!

Hey Guardian, sorry I couldn't make it to play some xT last night, my friend was over and we were throwin down local.

You guys are better off not suffering through my terrible connection anyway.

:cry:

You only missed this...

Roflcopter.gif

GGs last night everyone!

EDIT: PS, your new title is amazing BIB. I loled.

So Skullgirls is out this week! Who is everyone looking at for day 1 teams/characters? I really like the looks of Cerebella. I'm thinking of pairing her with Filia.

I bought it on PSN today, because I have no self control and have been having a blast playing matches online and playing story mode and tutorial.

The Tutorial kind of reminds me of Blazblue except it's shorter, more accessible and isnt condescending ;), overall the lessons really are unique as it specifies some of the games other mechanics, definitely play it.

Online has been pretty smooth, you can choose the ping and GGPO rollback to your liking, and has the option of searching east and west coast regions which is pretty cool. I've played about 20-30 matches with a pretty good Win loss of 15 wins out of 20 with solo fortune, it's alot of fun.

Story mode is pretty short, but that's standard story mode fare, story mode restricts you to the one main fighter, arcade mode lets you do whatever.

Final boss however is cheap as fuck, sorry but damn is she a bitch to beat, especially when her final form hit box is the size of a golfball.

GGs last night everyone. And by everyone I mean Guardian because he's the only person I played ;).

This game is really tight. I hope it does well enough for spectator mode & other features.

Round Robins next week?

[quote name='MtlTom']GG's last night everyone. Shinobi & gouki, you guys need to get on the Skullgirls train![/QUOTE]

I will...when it goes on sale. Too poor right now on the video game discretionary funds.

I know that this isn't very Fight Night-ish, but I think some of the Wed. Ight crew (Tom and Kensei, i recall) have expressed some interest in doing the Gears 3 DLC. I think most if not all of us have the Season Pass, so I think it might be fun to tackle some of it next Wed. at 9:00 pm. Anyone interested?

Gouki, I'm sending you an FR as I don't think your on my friends list. I figure we can get in some UMvC 3 punching bag matches sometime as I remember you and me struggling to keep up in fight nights past with everyone else. Maybe we can trade wins!

Gouki, I'm sending you an FR as I don't think your on my friends list. I figure we can get in some UMvC 3 punching bag matches sometime as I remember you and me struggling to keep up in fight nights past with everyone else. Maybe we can trade wins!

If you're looking for easy wins at Marvel I'm your guy.

I'll pick up either Skullgirls or SFxT soon. Which one is getting played more?

I'd be up for some Gears. I haven't played it in forever & I have the Season Pass. If everyone is down for that just make sure you update all of your DLC ahead of time. I'm sure we could knock out quite a few of the achievements for it.

[quote name='G)(8']
I'll pick up either Skullgirls or SFxT soon. Which one is getting played more?[/QUOTE]
Personally I think Skullgirls is an incredible value for $15. I'm enjoying it quite a bit despite the lack of spectator mode. That being said, I know you're not really as wild about the crazy anime/VS style games so I think you might like SFxT better.

Also, feel free to hit me up if you ever wanna play BBCSX. I think we all need to play that.

I'm leaning towards SFxT. Skullgirls has a little too much Marvel in it.

I second a need for a BBCSX night. Looks like it will be Gears this week (of which I have none of the DLC).

I think the patches have made the online worse in SFxT. Played several matches with Fingers today and almost every match was underwater.

GGs to everyone Wed night. Gears was a nice change of pace. I'd love to play it again. Going with what gouki was saying, how would everyone feel about a BBCSX night this week?

[quote name='Kensei']I think the patches have made the online worse in SFxT. Played several matches with Fingers today and almost every match was underwater.[/QUOTE]

I've noticed a little change in the net code since the sound fix. It wasn't wonderful to begin with but it has felt sluggish since the update.

I'd rather have the sound drop out if it means the online is smoother. I had already gotten used to it before the patch.

OK, so what's the deal tomorrow?

Skullgirls
BBCSX
SFXT
UMVC3
MK9
AE2012
3SO
HDR/ST

Take your pick. Or we can play Gears 3 again, that was fun...

[quote name='MtlTom']GGs to everyone Wed night. Gears was a nice change of pace. I'd love to play it again. Going with what gouki was saying, how would everyone feel about a BBCSX night this week?

I've noticed a little change in the net code since the sound fix. It wasn't wonderful to begin with but it has felt sluggish since the update.[/QUOTE]

Gears was fun, we should do it again sometime, but make Guardian be there for it!

I'd be up for some BBCSX, but I have a work function late tomorrow night. If I get home in time, I'll jump on.

Thanks again for the indulgence on Gears 3 last week.

Don't know where to ask so I've come here for recommendations.

I like the huge combo button mashing action fighting games like Marvel vs. Capcom series

I don't like the very technical style games such as BlazBlue and King of Fighters etc.

So what should I give a try?

Anyone play Ultimate Marvel on a regular basis here? I'd like to find more training buddies, I'm decent, but get bodied with the best of them online.

[quote name='Tony208']Don't know where to ask so I've come here for recommendations.

I like the huge combo button mashing action fighting games like Marvel vs. Capcom series

I don't like the very technical style games such as BlazBlue and King of Fighters etc.

So what should I give a try?[/QUOTE]

Well, what do you have? Sounds like you already have Ultimate Marvel, if not, get that. Skullgirls is similar in the sense you have assists and DHC. Both of these are easy to play but can be very technical at higher levels of play.

Tekken is also easy to start, easy short combos, huge character list, with Tekken Tag 2 on the horizon, I'd pick up Tekken 6 for sub 20 bucks and find a few characters you like.

There are a few of us that play Marvel on a regular basis. Feel free to send me a friend request. I'm always down to play.

[quote name='Kensei']There are a few of us that play Marvel on a regular basis. Feel free to send me a friend request. I'm always down to play.[/QUOTE]

Cool man, I'll add you later today. Any one else feel free to add me, GT under my name.

[quote name='NoelVermillion']calling any Blazblue CS-extended and Kof-13!!!!!
i want to play!![/QUOTE]
Most of the regulars including myself have BBCSX. I don't play KOF but I think a few of the guys have it.

[quote name='G)(8']VF is the only 3D fighter I'm interested in trying. If enough of us get it, I'm in.[/QUOTE]
If there's enough interest, decent netcode, & spectator mode I'm willing to give it a shot.

Also I'm willing to play Marvel again this week.

[quote name='MtlTom']Most of the regulars including myself have BBCSX. I don't play KOF but I think a few of the guys have it.

If there's enough interest, decent netcode, & spectator mode I'm willing to give it a shot.

Also I'm willing to play Marvel again this week.[/QUOTE]

BBCSX = BlazBlue: CS - Extended

Gamefly is having their monthly sale and has some fighting games on sale. SFxT is $20, Soul Calibur 5 is $18, and KoF13 is $22. KoF13 is a great game that more people need to pick up. I bought Soul Calibur. Anyone else here have it?

After much internal debate, I decided to pick up SCV from Gamefly as well. I know that Shinobi has it. I'm not sure if anyone else does.

Great deal on KOF. I think more people need to pick that up for $22. It's a lot of fun.

I played the shit out of SCV, but fell out of it a little during their patching phase. Still have it though. One of the main complaints about the game was from it's lack of a story (???) but as a fighting game, I think it's easily one of the most solid entries into the franchise.

[quote name='joe2187']A local mom and Pop has a used CE of SCV for $25...worth it?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think it's worth it Joe. I have the CE and the art book, CD, and overall packaging is very nice. The artbook is kind of small, but high quality and the book/ container packaging is unique and has a faux felt lining. I've not watched the 'making of' DVD, but my best buy copy came with the Dampierre character and the CE has two armor sets on the code insert. Not sure if you'd get the codes on your used copy, but assuming you get everything else, I'd say its definitely worth $25.

Soul Calibur V is on sale this week for $30 at Best Buy, but I have 2 spare coupons that will get you it for $10. PM me your mailing address if you're interested!

Edit: 1 left! PM me!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='wjhard63']Soul Calibur V is on sale this week for $30 at Best Buy, but I have 2 spare coupons that will get you it for $10. PM me your mailing address if you're interested!

Edit: all gone![/QUOTE]
Damnit! Too Late!

So now that everyone has KOF XIII (or at least I think so?), anyone interested in a KOF Round Robin this week?

[quote name='MtlTom']Damnit! Too Late!

So now that everyone has KOF XIII (or at least I think so?), anyone interested in a KOF Round Robin this week?[/QUOTE]

I'm in! KOF arrived today.

As for ST. Let me know when it hits 400 space bucks.

bread's done
Back