CAG Fund for Child's Play 2012 Charity Raffle: $38K+ Raised, Winners Posted!

[quote name='marlboro2']I think a LoL card is fine. Anything that encourages people to donate is helpful. Also, I'm pretty sure you don't get any extra entries for donating items...but then again that isn't the reason for donating, right?[/QUOTE]

Agreed, I just didn't know.

I just made a $10 donation. Glad to be able to help, even if it's only a little that I could donate, but I know every little bit counts.

[quote name='Lonedrifter1989']is someone going to update the main page or what?[/QUOTE]

You would honestly think that they would keep an eye on this thread the most and when people are willing to donate items to the raffle that they would update it so people can accurately see what they can win... I guess not? I offered to donate but they could careless to keep the prize list updated for people to see... it hasn't been updated since 12/20.

[quote name='Lonedrifter1989']You would honestly think that they would keep an eye on this thread the most and when people are willing to donate items to the raffle that they would update it so people can accurately see what they can win... I guess not? I offered to donate but they could careless to keep the prize list updated for people to see... it hasn't been updated since 12/20.[/QUOTE]

In the first post it tells you what to do if you want to donate a prize. You have to contact them, not reply in the topic.

I should get paid before this ends and will be able to donate. I've donated ever year and don't want to break that trend; hopefully it gets up closer to the goal in the coming weeks.

[quote name='Aerc']In the first post it tells you what to do if you want to donate a prize. You have to contact them, not reply in the topic.[/QUOTE]
I went through that to contribute a couple games last week, and nothing came of it.

[quote name='Aerc']In the first post it tells you what to do if you want to donate a prize. You have to contact them, not reply in the topic.[/QUOTE]

I did contact them and wondering why it was not added yet... that post wasn't updated since 12/20 it says...

On another note, we're still a long way to the goal for 10 days left.

[quote name='defiance_17']I went through that to contribute a couple games last week, and nothing came of it.[/QUOTE]

I'm glad someone else understands too.

Just sent a message again hoping it will get through this time... I'm shocked as to how many people aren't noticing this forum, more people please donate to the cause and or donate items to be raffled. Do it for the kids, especially with the most recent thing at the school in CT, kids go through too much more hell than they should have to deal with.

I think I'm going to donate another $5 seeing as I had a random act of kindness happen to me today with walking out to my car going to Tim Horton's and coincidentally had a letter on my windshield of my car, telling me times may be hard with the world and all of the bad stuff happening and that it will get better & even had a $5 Tim Horton's gc inside the envelope. Something from a local church, but religion aside still a random act of kindness, when does that ever happen? Help others when you can. try sharing the thread link to your fb's and twitter, etc lets hit that goal and make everyone proud!

I hope that the tracker is doing its job and tracking right & so far that brings my monetary donation to $20 and then $20 item donations when they get added to the list.

Surprised to see we're only at 50%.

I wasn't going to donate more (After $70 already donated), But I think I will do another $50 after I cash my paycheck tomorrow.

[quote name='Lonedrifter1989']I think I'm going to donate another $5 seeing as I had a random act of kindness happen to me today with walking out to my car going to Tim Horton's and coincidentally had a letter on my windshield of my car, telling me times may be hard with the world and all of the bad stuff happening and that it will get better & even had a $5 Tim Horton's gc inside the envelope. Something from a local church, but religion aside still a random act of kindness, when does that ever happen? Help others when you can. try sharing the thread link to your fb's and twitter, etc lets hit that goal and make everyone proud![/QUOTE]
That's a good idea. Going to share on my Facebook.

Alrighty, 10 bucks in the bucket for this year! Didn't get a chance to donate the last round, so yeah, there's a little bit. Since it looks like we're a bit behind for the goal, next week will see a few more clams thrown in.

Let's go CAG! Get those kids some GAMES!!!

Irregardless if my donation, or anyone's for that matter, wins a prize, it is the kids that Child's Play helps that ultimately win; they get a chance to be a kid and forget for a while where they are and what they are going through.

DONATED 30$ would like to DONATE more but not working right now

and what is the link to put on different sites

Last edited:
[quote name='CheapyD']Prize list is up-to-date. Will try to do some live-streaming with Tai around 7PM EST on Monday night.[/QUOTE]

Thank you again for updating the list!

Anyway, to the other CAGs, I was thinking, if anyone found good Clearance deals (mainly at target), and you were considering donating them, you should possibly do that and message Cheapy. if anyone can get Lollipop Chainsaw at the really cheap price that would probably be a good donation. I tried looking at my target and was regular retail which im guessing is a permanent $19.99 now.

[quote name='starmask2k3']DONATED 30$ would like to DONATE more but not working right now

and what is the link to put on different sites[/QUOTE]

I would just copy the web address for this thread, go to page one where the price list/tracker is and share that link, maybe we'll get more CAG members signing up and since they'd have a chance to win something being a member. or they can donate right to Chlids Play (not sure the site off hand, google it... ) but then that defeats the purpose of our goal. Childs Play themselves I think already beat a 2.2 million goal with 5.7 million if I read correctly, but why not give them even more donations?

Is it possible we're able to help out other charities in the future just for people willing to be giving, etc, and even if we ran prizes then too if we could use trackers for it?

It's really too bad we can't donate used, great condition games or I bet we all have a lot of those, but there would be someone willing to mess that one up I'm sure. :(

are transformers like video games

Last edited:
I pitched in $10. I could really use one of those gift cards, and if I lose it still goes to a good cause.

The donations are coming in far too slowly... i remember in the beginning seeing it keep going up.. what happened? come on guys i've got 3 $10 PSN cards in the drawing and $10 to League of Legends...

bread's done
Back