CAG Fund for Child's Play 2012 Charity Raffle: $38K+ Raised, Winners Posted!

Made another small donation. Wish I could do more. I've saved so much since I first started visiting this site. It's a long shot to reach the goal, but I feel proud of what our little community has been able to accomplish.

Dropped another $20 into the pot.

I keep thinking of this like the Kickstarters I've backed and hoping we get a lot of those awesome "final hour" donations to put us over the top.

maybe it's the sleepiness but did the total just gotten lower? I thought I remember we were only a couple hundreds away from $30,000, but now it's almost $1000. Maybe I remember the wrong numbers or the widget isn't working correctly?

I'm going to extend a week as I haven't had time (so many Japan winter holidays/school break) to promote the way I wanted. Will do some livestreaming on Twitch soon.

[quote name='CheapyD']I'm going to extend a week as I haven't had time (so many Japan winter holidays/school break) to promote the way I wanted. Will do some livestreaming on Twitch soon.[/QUOTE]

Ah, I was wondering when the telethon would be aired!

[quote name='CheapyD']I'm going to extend a week as I haven't had time (so many Japan winter holidays/school break) to promote the way I wanted. Will do some livestreaming on Twitch soon.[/QUOTE]

Awesome :applause:

[quote name='Orion_of_Chaos']Completely forgot to donate till Cheapy tweeted, threw in $100.[/QUOTE]

Seems that it's easy to forget until you see it advertised on other social networks.. some of us visit CAG somewhat daily while it slips others minds.

even if people can't give 5.00, if they don't care about the raffle what about donating a dollar just to help? or if you sell things on ebay and make a profit donate some of that over to the charity? Just ideas.

Congress to CAG for getting at over the 30,000 to bad we didn't hit the 50,000 coal

I use this site to find game deals often. Ran across this for the first time today. Almost 20 years ago, as a kid in 4th grade I had my appendix removed. After all the pain I remember two positive things from my stay: watching movies and playing the video game systems the staff would roll in from time to time. This charity does stuff like that. Donate. I can tell you from experience its a worthy cause. Donated some myself today.

[quote name='boricua22']I use this site to find game deals often. Ran across this for the first time today. Almost 20 years ago, as a kid in 4th grade I had my appendix removed. After all the pain I remember two positive things from my stay: watching movies and playing the video game systems the staff would roll in from time to time. This charity does stuff like that. Donate. I can tell you from experience its a worthy cause. Donated some myself today.[/QUOTE]

I had casette tapes and a Voltron toy. It sucked.

if this ended on a monday does that mean next monday or is it this Sunday because CheapyD said it ends in a week making it this Sunday :)

[quote name='starmask2k3']if this ended on a monday does that mean next monday or is it this Sunday because CheapyD said it ends in a week making it this Sunday :)[/QUOTE]

From updated OP the end date is next Tuesday.

You must donate through our widget by 1/22/13
or your raffle entry will not register. Just click the "Donate" button to donate. Donations are accepted via PayPal and go directly to Child's Play. Our widget tracks the donations that are made (directly to Child's Play's PayPal account). Your donation never passes through CAG in any way.

Man I feel super bummed about how low the amount is this year, but I assume most are like me (tough on cash.), but even 30,000+ is impressive for our cheap asses.

Wanted to donate when I got paid last week but needed the cash. I gotta give more though since we are so far off and cut out a bit till I get paid again.

Coming out of the shadows to chime in with my donation for a chance to win some great prizes but more importantly support a great cause. Thanks!

Sad we are going to miss the target, but I still think $30k+ in this economy is pretty good.

Put in $20, figure I'll skip lunch this week a couple of days.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want to look at a bright side, I'm sure PA raised a ton more money on their own. The widget is just showing donations from us here at CAG :razz:

bread's done
Back