CAG Fundraiser for Japan Earthquake & Tsunami Relief - $24,000+ Raised!

[quote name='Yanksfan']I am sure he is more aware than us of what is going on locally, how it effects him and what he needs to do for his family.[/QUOTE]
Probably not, since the people of Japan are still in shock over this whole thing and the Japanese Government and media are spinning the situation so there isn't mass panic. This isn't the time to be burying your head in the ground playing xbox while there is a NUCLEAR MELTDOWN happening in your backyard. I'm hitting the PANIC button, Wake up Cheapy! Everyone is hoping for the best but things are looking worse by the day. I won't badger you about it anymore, but I only do it cause I care.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/03/15/us.military.websites/index.html

read between the lines! The shit has hit the fan.

[quote name='Yanksfan']I am sure he is more aware than us of what is going on locally, how it effects him and what he needs to do for his family.[/QUOTE]

If you need refuge in the States just let me know. I'm a mile away from LAX with enough space a Long Island style pizza for you guys.

I donated a few days to the Red Cross, but when I get paid on Friday I should be able to give a little more. I lived in Japan for 2 years, so I want to help out in anyway I can.

Thanks for setting this fundraiser up, Cheapy!

I wish I were rich so I could donate more :( Thanks for doing this cheapy, I pray for the people of Japan and hope we keep a lid on those reactors!!!!

Donated. I know Cheapy likes to ham it up for the CAGVillain award, but it's at times like these that we're reminded what type of guy he really is. Well done.

Done... I was going to give anyway but doubling my donation was a no brainer. I posted the link on my Facebook Profile... hopefully others will follow suit!

Donated. Had the pleasure of visiting a bunch of family this past December. Such a beautiful country, and only wish I could help more.

very cool cheapy!!! Hope alot pitch in. Japan does give the US a whole lot more than we may realize (not free but you get the point)

Anyone else not get a confirmation email the donation was received?

edit:Came in about 24hrs after I donated, Strange.

Last edited by a moderator:
from the bottom of my heart, thank you Cheapy. Sadly, my place of business picks and chooses which charity donations they match, and donations to help relieve those of this recent disaster is not one that they will match.

I already donated to Red Cross, but knowing that this site will match, I am donating again through you! :applause:

I put in a bit... I might add more later. I actually got my tax return the day after this happened, so it's more a matter of who gets it than how much. Still won't be as much as I'd like, since the return has to cover other things too, but at least the timing was good!

[quote name='Josh5890']After 24 hours we have donated over $6.5K Thats amazing!!![/QUOTE]

Yeah, we've saved a lot of money over the years buying all these cheap ass games!

[quote name='Microshock']So is Japan accepting money or something now? I thought they said they didn't want help, then again that news was from like three days ago.[/QUOTE]

you've probably mixed this up with the protests in the middle east.

[quote name='CheapyD']I'm sure you don't need to be told any more about the absolute devastation that has befallen the north coast of Japan. Cheap Ass Gamer will be matching donations up to $10,000 for those who donate to GlobalGiving's Japan Earthquake and Tsunami Relief Fund through our community fundraiser. Please donate through the link below or through the widgets seen around CAG.

iconcag.gif
CAGs for GlobalGiving's Japan Earthquake and Tsunami Relief Fund

[globalgiving]4900[/globalgiving][/QUOTE]

Very nice of you to match the donations. I made my contribution.

I've never donated online for anything...so excuse me if this is a bit of a dumb question, what is the best organization/fundraiser to donate to? I was going to donate $50 to the CAG fund.

Right now I'm leaning on donating $25 to CAGs fundraiser, and $25 to the Japanese Red Cross.

[quote name='Riptard']This guy says Japan does not want your money.
http://aidwatchers.com/2011/03/does-japan-need-your-donation/

Whether or not that's true there's still no guarantee your money will actually go to Japan.[/QUOTE]

um....the red cross is one of the most respected non profit organizations in history.

there's specific funds for that.

i donated $30 the other day to the red cross. and will chip in now for CAG

it's a great cause. i have half my family over there since i'm half japanese...it breaks my heart and i wish i could do more.

[quote name='y0shelite']um....the red cross is one of the most respected non profit organizations in history.

there's specific funds for that.

i donated $30 the other day to the red cross. and will chip in now for CAG

it's a great cause. i have half my family over there since i'm half japanese...it breaks my heart and i wish i could do more.[/QUOTE]

Donated. Thanks Cheapy.

I respect the Red Cross, I really do. But you do know how much they're in debt right? For what I'm doing right now at work, I have to review several charities 990s and annual reports. To be honest, Red Cross is less than impressive compared to some other big names, especially when it comes to monetary relief.

Anyways, I have no problem with people donating to the Red Cross at all. They do great things and I've donated to them in the past. Anything helps.

donated. its really hard watching the news without being emotionally effected. I don't have much, but I hope the little I can give will help out. Thanks cheapy!

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Donated. Thanks Cheapy.

Anyways, I have no problem with people donating to the Red Cross at all. They do great things and I've donated to them in the past. Anything helps.[/QUOTE]

They also give medical aid, first aid supplies and first aid training to Taliban fighters and other extremists which I personally don't support and won't donate to the Red Cross anymore for that reason alone.

[quote name='blissskr']They also give medical aid, first aid supplies and first aid training to Taliban fighters and other extremists which I personally don't support and won't donate to the Red Cross anymore for that reason alone.[/QUOTE]

I'm interested now. Link?

Trying to donate Cheapy, but I'm getting a 502 Proxy Error on GlobalGiving via the widget. Something wrong? I'd really like to get this money over there and meet our goal.

Finally got it to load after tons of tries. Donated $400. Japan was awesome to me when I visited for over a month, I owe it at least this much.

Thank you to everyone who donated already. You guys rock, all of CAG!

Thanks a lot, Cheapy. I had hoped you would start up something like that. Dropped a little money in the coffers myself. It sounds dumb, but I've always been a big fan of Japanese culture and would love to visit some day. Glad to hear that you and yours are well.

bread's done
Back